What does Yea Forums think of Pinkerton in 2019? Is it really "incelcore" like the idiots at RYM think it is...

What does Yea Forums think of Pinkerton in 2019? Is it really "incelcore" like the idiots at RYM think it is? Why is it for incels?

Attached: 600x600bf.png (600x600, 542K)

>album with a song about having so much sex you're sick of it
>incelcore

masterpiece

"If you're mad about people calling this incelcore you're probably an incel or just can't take jokes"

-some fag from rym

>says someone on RYM
nobody that uses RYM has ever seen a vagina

Weezer only has 1 good album

and its pinkerton

this album is fucking great

I discovered it around a time I was really fucking depressed. At the time, a lot of it was something I could relate to, and it'll always be one of my favorite albums because of it. I don't listen to it as regularly as I once did, but I still enjoy it everytime I do. Forever a 10/10 in my book.

I don't think it's as "incelcore" as people make it out to be, because I feel that by definition, being an incel is about blaming all of your problems and insecurities on the other sex. With this album, on the other hand, I feel that Rivers made it really clear that he acknowledged and knew all his insecurities and oddities. The songs don't come off as "girls don't like me, therefore they're bitches" as much as it screams "girls don't like me and it's my fault- why am I such a fucking loser."

TONIGHT IM DOWN ON MY KNEES

i enjoy it, but you should know im a diehard weezer fan so bear that in mind.

while most of the people that do like pinkerton aren't necessarily incels, i can definitely see how it can get an incel following. some of the negatives traits rivers cuomo displays can be seen with incels, albeit in a more extreme manner and without the self-awareness to fix it. it's a pretty vile and """""problematic""""" album but that's what makes it enjoyable, having that catharsis in rivers' songwriting.

When did Yea Forums start taking rateyourbronys seriously?
The userbase is and has always been predominantly Fantano newcomers, trannys and moral degenerates like bronys, furries and "depressed" weebs that comment everywhere
What is the appeal of having your own little shit review blog within a collective Noone will truly give a shit about, start your own blog or site for that instead and have your own spin

IM SORRY FOR WHAT I DID I DID WHAT MY BODY TOLD ME TO

Whats Butterfly about? Fucking love this song but it sounds a bit rapey

>first song is called Tired of Sex
yeah no.

hey man fantano gave blue a 10 and pink an 8 he'll always be based in my eyes

Attached: basedtano.png (1298x131, 28K)

blue has tons of overplayed singles and more generic power pop or "geek rock" songs

Pinkerton is something special entirely

heaaarrtbeaat

here's your reminder that TWHTALMH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all of pinkerton
i still love the shit outta pink tho
it's not really rape but instead the narrator of butterfly having a one night stand with a girl, hurting her emotionally, and feeling guilt over it. this was meant to be an allusion to madama butterfly, the opera rivers was jerking it to at the time.

in the opera, the main character b. f. pinkerton(!!!!!!!!!!!!!) went to japan and fucked a japanese girl called ciocio-san(!!!!!!!!!!!!!), impregnated her, and left japan. ciocio-san falls for pinkerton and yearns for his return. when he returns to get his kid back with his american wife, ciocio-san realizes that he's married and commits seppuku, and pinkerton feels guilt over causing her death. rivers cuomo identified with this pinkerton character, so much so that he titled the album after him and included all those allusions to the plot of the opera in the album.

SO WHY CAN'T I BE MAKIN' LOOOOVE COOOOME TRUUUE

It's not incel it's just cringe and creepy
i'm not expecting something from the 90s to be progressive regarding women and sexuality but it's still uncomfortable and gross

red album is better

you aare 18 year old girl

apparenly weezer got better

>i'm not expecting something from the 90s to be progressive regarding women and sexuality
If anything, we've actually gone backwards regarding gender roles since the 90's.

I wonder how low of an IQ you have to have to think Pinkerton is an incel album. Even ignoring the title of the first track he states multiple times he can get girls easily because he is a rockstar. The album literally ends with him breaking a girl's heart like in Madame Butterfly.

leftest idiots just love to call anyone who offends them incels

I actually agree that it is very slightly racist and sexist. But that's what makes it so good, it's an unflitered view into Rivers' brain during his time at college.

Maybe people got confused when Rivers admitted he wanted to be a voluntary celibate on Across the Sea.

Its based as hell, its like listening to someone drunk as hell spilling his guts for the world to see and although it is a bit sexist its far from being incelcore