youtube.com/watch?v=ArWFWMCBhIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qAX6EA9RpnE
youtube.com/watch?v=I_-xTRrSan0
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Guitar Wanker
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, that’s Busdriver.
He’s still my favorite rapper though.

Eminem can do it all though, unlike some shredders who only have one speed

Eminem is a guy who can "shred" but can also write a simple thoughtful song if he wants to, he's just a jack of all trades, and a show off

He can do anything but write a good song

So you're just a hater, eh?

Tell me how these aren't good songs
youtube.com/watch?v=ArWFWMCBhIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qAX6EA9RpnE
youtube.com/watch?v=I_-xTRrSan0

>Guitar Wanking
Do you mean the equivalent of the song "European Son" ?

Sama lama duma

>hater
Anyone who has used this word in their life deserves to be shot into a ditch.

he is one of the corniest people to ever make music

Pic related to you white boy.

I'd beat your ass IRL, no need for fire.

Attached: eminemvsn.png (1884x1525, 1.36M)

eminem has literally no influence or impact on any of these artists

>no rock bottom
>no the way i am
>no stan
>no hi my name is
all of his best songs are from his first 3 albums, the rest is mediocre to trash. And even his first 3 albums have some duds

Nah.

Ok. Metallica had no influence on Black Sabbath either, what's your point?

Also, someone doesn't remember Ice Cube's 90s horrorcore phase, he was clearly influenced by at least the popularity of guys like Eminem and ICP.

This track made haters especially mad because em reasserted his rap dominance

Based

Based 15-24 year white male on Yea Forums

>shitty “musician” gets praised by other shitty “musicians”
k

Most shredders are also just good guitarists and songwriters
Also Rivers Cuomo was a shredder at one point and he certainly has more speeds

> thats an awfully hawt cawfee pawt

Busdriver is rap wanking with a purpose though
Em's just like being a professional weightlifter or something

Enimen is the GOAT rapper. Cope or name someone better.

>Ok. Metallica had no influence on Black Sabbath either, what's your point?
eminem has little to no influence as to how hiphop sounds today, or even when he came out. The only thing he's accomplished is be the best selling rapper. Your analogy makes no sense since theres artist's listed in the pic yet eminem has no distinctive impact on these artist's sound

horrorcores been out since at least 95 with guys like big L, 3 6 mafia, ICP and geto boys.

kendrick lamar
nas
andre 3000
big L
big pun
jay z
ghostface killah
danny brown
playboi carti

>Nas
>Jay Z
Lmao
One album wonders

can't argue with 3000

>>Nas
>>Jay Z
>One album wonders
they both have bodies of work that completely shits on eminem's cringeworthy horrorcore garbage made for children.

Eminem has mastered the art of rapping

Come on m8
After Illmatic Nas completely fell off

Eminem is by far the most successful artist who has ever done horrorcore rap, even if not as his only style

Eminem is also the highest selling rap artist of all time
>THAT DOESN'T MEAN SHIT
It means more people agree with me than you, and if it came down to it, you'd be killed along with anyone who doesn't agree, and only our opinion would exist

stillmatic and it was written are both great albums

Em had 3 classics
Nas & Jay had 2

>Em had 3 classics
eminem has 1 classic and it has flaws, MMLP

jay has 3 undisputed classics, nas has 1 undisputed genre defining album and 2 great albums that arent as good because illmatic was too great

Em's classics SSLP MMLP EES
Nas's classics Ill Still
Jay's classics BP BA
don't even tell me RD is a classic, dumbass

It goes, Reggie, Jay-Z, Tupac and Biggie
Andre from Outkast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me

>when eminem was king
>hip hop at most mainstream was just fun party music like will smith
>hip hop overall only appreciated by outsiders and thugs, with even more mainstream blacks being more into pop and rnb

>now people shit on eminem
>everybody and their mother is a "hip hop head" and the average hip hop "fan" is the kind of person who previously would have been into green day or n sync

The trashing of Eminem from certain young demographics comes from the fact that Eminem was the king of the misfits, he was the king of that backpacker and underground subculture image, now that's not cool and people unironically listen to melodic pop music calling itself rap made by black guys dressed like goth white teens from 2004. Sad.

Though even if that's the narrative you want to go with you do have to consider that Eminem was a big part ultimately in the mainstreamification of rap music, even if what was cool back then was different than now, he was a big part of why suburban teens feel so entitled to be "part of rap" now, snowball effect

Eminem has had no impact....he was the first rapper to rap about pills and suicide/emo topics, and he was the most visible artist who dabbled in horrorcore, which these days is done by every little shit. He also sampled rock songs, which every little shit also does now. You can say these things were done by ICP and Kid Rock (and successfully, as in they were bigger than anyone else who did it before them while doing it) first, but Eminem was seen and heard by way more people than either of them and they all came from the same area anyway, so it's the same influence.

>he doesn't think reasonable doubt is a classic
>thinks an album with cum on everybody, 97 bonnie & clyde, role model, I'm Shady is a classic
>thinks an album with My Dad's Gone Crazy, Superman, and drips is a classic
>thinks MMLP is a classic when it has one of the worst features in hip hop history on amityville, im back, kim, under the influence, kill you
how can you let this all slip past but show some hesitation when people indisputably consider reasonable doubt a classic, which it is btw

>he was the first rapper to rap about pills and suicide/emo topics
ill give you pill popping but biggie (suicidal thoughts, everyday struggle). tupac (so many tears), and geto boys (mind playing tricks on me) talked about suicide or at least introspective topics.I can name others but no time
>he was the most visible artist who dabbled in horrorcore
he's only the most visible artist because he's white and dr dre cosigned him. He admitted this on white america
>He also sampled rock songs
hip hop has been sampling rock since the 80s, Anthrax & Public Enemy and Run DMC & aerosmith

yeah, fast rappers are overrated. project pat doesn't need to rap fast to get his message across

Attached: 1 AWIKZDKAKNyOoft6g0BYHQ.jpg (1000x1000, 267K)

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Guitar Wanker

Guitar Wankers that I recommand listening to are:
Kurt Cobain- Nirvana
Greg Ginn- Black Flag
Steve Jones- Sex Pistols
Johnny Ramone- The Ramones
James Iha- Smashing Pumpkins

so... very good I guess

>Neil Young is a prime example of a guitar wanker.
nigga what

Eminem is based.

all classics arent worth the same, nas and jays classic are way better than ems

if SSLP and EES are classics RD is
in fact RD shits on both of them

Beard is weird

Jay Z is shit, he's like Slayer...one trick pony. DRUGS, GUNS THE HOOD, ILLUMINATI REFFERENCES

Eminem is an artist, not a gimmick, unlike Jay Z who is literally a wrestling gimmick while Eminem has gimmicks he seemlessly switches between them and tells stories relatable to everyone on this planet

Rap and real music shouldn’t be in the same thread.

Sorry

Eminem has the worst fanbase in hip-hop, bar none. Try to name a rapper with more insufferable dipshit fans, you fucking can't

Kendrick Lamar
His fans treat him like the next Jesus

Logic

Kanye
Jay Z
Kendrick
Tyler The Created
XXXTentacle
Tekashi69

jcole

No, he's right they are one album wonders. But that's still one more than Eminem. Such embarrassing trash.

That's because he has the largest fanbase, it isn't rocket science idiot

Illmatic 9.5/10
IWW 7/10
Stillmatic 5/10 and 1 mark docked for cringe title.

NAH NIGGA WE BLACK NIGGAS DONT EVER BEEN BROKEN UP WITH A GIRL WE ONLY PIMP EM AND LOOK WE NEVA TALK TO OUR MAMMAS THAT WAY CUZ THEY BEAT US

Lmfao

Eminem connects with a lot more people all over the world than Nas or jay z. His rapping style is unique and he has pretty much mastered it by working on it for so long. I'm betting on his next album being decent both in critical and commercial light

>coffee pot, coffee pot, can i make a good song? probably not.

Attached: sminem.jpg (850x479, 23K)

As a half Arab half Asian, I can say Eminem is the goat. Modern teen Whites and blacks (the users of this board) are too controlled by the Jew to have a clear mind.

they can be pretty bad, especially 15 year old X fans but dont reckon any of them are as dedicated or delusional as Em fans, other than the most radical K.dot fans

ok you got me there

cole fans are ok, can be pretty dumb tho

Kid Rock > Eminem

There is no such thing as "corniness" as a perjorative in rap music. It's like having corny glam metal or corny pantomime. Yes it might seem corny to outsiders but those are people who haven't bought into the suspension of disbelief that is crucial to the art.

Really 99% of anything any rappers ever say is absurd OTT fiction that if you look at it objectively will be corny as fuck. Using "corny" as a criticism is just a red alert that you don't get it regularly get duped into believing rappers are being "real" when really it's a performance from start to finish. You may as well stop worrying about how credible the music is or some shit and just enjoy the theatrics.

Eminem equalled Nas with Infinite and surpassed him on everything afterwards.

Eminem is unironically one of the great pleb filters of rap. It's like a right of passage to abandon Eminem once you start seriously getting into rap, but once you start to seriously understand rap he's right there waiting for you.

It's one of those things that divides the patricians from the middle-brow posers.

Rakim is the only good one on the list

>artists literally say the words "Eminem has influenced me" over and over and over again
>eminem has literally no influence or impact on any of these artists

Literally fucking retarded

>uses a FREESTYLE as a basis as to whether or not someone can make good music
Literally fucking retarded

I get the whole arguement with sales not meaning being good, but when you keep consistently having great sales over the span of a decade it means something, having 2 diamond albums means something

He was pretty much saying the same thing

>There are people here who think Eminem is better than Nas
Eminem is the most overrated Rapper of all times. Busta Rhymes is on his level if we ignore his content, but nobody would put him above Nas or Andre 3k.

Attached: BustaRhymesMakingFunOfStupidAnonsWhoThinkEminemIsTheGOAT.png (480x360, 152K)

Imagine being this retarded.

Yes, I imagine thinking that Eminem is better than Nas or Andre 3k

Nas literally had one good album, and Andre 3000 has not put out a solo album, what's to say he wrote all the lyrics when he was with Outkast

>Imagine thinking Illmatic is Nas' only good album
>Imagine thinking Andre 3000's incredible discography with Outkast as well as features should be ignored because "muh he has no solo album"
>Imagine being this retarded

It is easier to carry a guest verse than it is to carry a entire song comprised by you and you only,
And Illmatic was Nas' peak, it went downhill from there

Wrong. Relapse is his best album.

>It is easier to carry a guest verse than it is to carry a entire song comprised by you and you only,
>>Still ignoring Andre's incredible discography with Outkast
>>Is using an individualistic corporate thinking that downplay group-work and communalism like the neo-liberal scum he is

>And Illmatic was Nas' peak, it went downhill from there
If that's the case, then Nas' peak is better than Eminem's

Eminem is one of the only rappers who I can actually imagine the things he's describing as he talks about them.

Link me rivers shredding?

>there is no such thing as "corniness" in rap music
>you just don't get it man
This post is a red alert for shillery. Eminem is a cornball, everyone knows it. Using the already corny genre of glam metal doesn't exactly hammer home your point, nor does comparing hip hop with pantomime. Eminem is corny like Bon Jovi, but people like corny shit. It's why it sells. If art is on the nose it's easier to understand. Not saying all of Eminems catalog is corny but during his peak he was a cornball, and right now he is too. Yes hip hop Is performative and these are personas, but there's a reason why someone like biggie is considered good and Hopsin is considered corny.

You say this as someone who's new to rap.

New rap demographic is not the same as the old, you new kids are corny. We used to be a subculture, an outsider sport, you? You should be listening to fucking Green Day and pop music.

I didn't think you could pack so many fallacies into one image

Can you give examples of fallacies in this image?

I'm not new to rap. So not only did you use the "you don't get it" now you used
"Heh, you're just too young kid -sips-". Eminem is a cornball. He is technically gifted but he lacks in content and aesthetics. His production was incredibly hit or miss too.

>neo-liberal
>Corporate thinking
Are you fucking retarded that would be conservative. Group-work and communal thinking are fucking communist like traits which would be liberal. Actually a fucking retard

>but he lacks in content
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Literally rap's Eric Clapton.

Also compared with Eminem, Andre 3000 and Nas' careers are much shorter lived. It is pretty hard to be addicted, get clean, your friend get shot, you get addicted again, go on a 4+ year hiatus, nearly die of an overdose, get clean, come back, release an album that was critically panned, then release a album that put you right back where you were

this album is way more fun to listen to than anything by Eminem and really that's all rap is for... if you 'get something' more out of it you're probably a teenager who gets worked up watching AMVs

I sense an appeal to authority, popularity and ad hominem, I might be wrong

AMVs are fucking retarded. I mean as corny as the song Beautiful is it still is really heartfelt and genuine which counts for a lot in my book

Tell me what's compelling about
>wah my mom
>wah Kim
>wah fame
>le goofy songs XD
>I'm a good rapper

>>uses a FREESTYLE as a basis as to whether or not someone can make good music

the quality of a freestyle is by far the best basis to judge a rapper on.

A lot is compelling because he is rapping about genuine life experiences and issues comes across in the songs and you can feel the real passion and emotions in it. It is genuine

Also any fucking concept or topic of a album can be degraded and made to see dumb when you fucking describe it as
>wah [SONG TOPIC]

also a strawman now that I think about it more

>genuine life experiences
Allegedly

Whining about fame is like the most hacky shit and a guaranteed topic if you get popular and influential. It's like beer and trucks for country. Eminem excessively whined about Kim and his mom. He still mentions his mom to this day. He's milked it far beyond what was necessary to the point of exploitation.

I understand your point but if the song is well written and I enjoy it and it isn't just a fucking carbon-copy of another song I am fine if a topic is revisited a billion times

After all these years I swear I will never come to this board ever again
This absolute fucking imbecile just sensed 'an appeal to authority, popularity and ad hominem' and a strawman when he thinks about it more, when he read a simple image with comments people made about Eminem

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET THIS FUCKING IDIOTIC? no it isn't fucking bait this board is just simply retarded like that I don't know why the hell I spent all that time here

Rakim can't freestyle (off the top). Does that mean he is bad?

If you "don't relate" to Eminem I'm sorry but you just either didn't listen to enough of his music, have a hate boner for him, or literally haven't lived.

And no, nobody on this board is "from the hood we dun fuck wit dat killin our baby mama n serial killa shiznit thas da devulllll" yeah no

saying something nice about the white boy in rap just puts you in good favor with his majority white fan base

you clearly havnt listened to jays body of work if you think thats what his all about

I relate to Eminem. His music is full of emotions. I just think he isn't as great as people make him to be.

he's right tho

he's a good wrapper

I'd honestly go so far as to say that XXX > Eminem

Wiggers are the worst thing on this planet

>thinks an album with My Name Is, Guilty Consciense, Brain Damage, If I Had, Rock Bottom, Just Dont Give A Fuck, As The World Turns, and Bad Meets Evil is a classic album
>thinks an album with Kill You, Stan, Who Knew, The Way I am, Real Slim Shady, I'm Back, and Criminal is a classic
>thinks an album with Cleanin' Out My Closet, Say Goodby Hollywood, Without Me, Sing For The Moment, Superman, When The Music Stops, and 'Till I Collapse is a classic

Seems like classics to me desu

When did you find out you were missing chromosomes user? I feel bad for you I'd give you mine if I could but I would prefer to stay at the right amount

he’s overrated but he definitely beats Andre3k, you’re out of your mind.

covfefe

>communist like traits which would be liberal
read a fucking book.

of course when all else fails, you make it about race
such is the life a contrarian faggot

Attached: IMG_0730.jpg (1024x576, 83K)

None of those fags has a 7.5/10 score by based Scaruffi like Em does.

In no order:
Nas (early stuff)
Rakim (slightly overrated)
Kool G Rap
Big Daddy Kane
AZ (especially on Doe or Die)
Busta has amazing flow and delivery
I don’t rate Jay Z
Biggie, sometimes
Tupac, fewer times

And I think Eminem at his best is fucking amazing, but there are others

Not mentioning Gravdiggas... pleb