Born just two days apart

>born just two days apart
>both had the most musical knowledge in their respective bands
>had a healthy rivalry with one another
>paul’s favorite album of all time is pet sounds
>brian’s favorite album of all time is sgt. pepper

Is this the most based musical friendship?

Attached: 13584914-1996-4E67-BC26-F68CA96C898C.jpg (750x719, 64K)

No, faggot. John and Paul is the most based musical friendship. What the fuck are you doing?

Love across the oceans...

These two rivals can be buds, then why do we still fight on here? Let's come together Yea Forumstants, for Paul and Brian

>they're the same age

Damn Brian has aged roughly

Of course it's possible that Paul has had work done and is likely doing shit to his hair whereas Brian hasn't given a fuck what he looked like in more than 50 years

Brian looks pretty good all things considered. He honestly looks better now than when he was young in a lot of ways

Brian's hair is fantastic though considering how young guys are starting to bald now

You just know that Mike Love was jealous of that Wilson hairline

I like Brian a little more but they’re both the gaddamn man

If only Brian had written more of his lyrics no one would doubt he was a genius worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as John and Paul

It seems like he was at least responsible for the spirit of his songs' lyrics in a lot of cases though, the Pet Sounds lyrics as I understand it were the product of hours of conversations with Tony Asher

brian's basically a veggie table now, not only due to his past drug problems, but also because the wife/tour managers are basically landy 2.0 if you read about them.
though brian always aged weirdly, think it's cause his weight's fluctuated throughout his life. he looked weird in the 80s, probably because of landy, but even under landy's care in the late 70s, he never looked like this.
i just wish brian could find happiness.
brian ;_;

Attached: photo_7237_0-7.jpg (514x783, 54K)

Bro who cares about lyrics? It’s all about the songwriting, anyone can shit out decent lyrics. What really matters is the ability to craft complex songs, which Brian was better at than Paul or John.

Excuse me?

Attached: Ringo.jpg (300x300, 11K)

Damn he looks practically gaunt there, is he just destined to always look bad? He was quite a handsome lad in the very early BB days before he started ballooning up

Attached: young brian.jpg (720x540, 41K)

Chonk Brian where it's at tho

Songwriting is lyrics plus melody though, everything else is arrangement or production

80s were weird for brian

Attached: 1486400529884.jpg (600x437, 44K)

Oh, my bad. Who cares about lyrics? It’s all about the arrangement, anyone can shit out decent lyrics. What really matters is the ability to craft complex songs, which Brian was better at than Paul or John.

In that same thread he also claimed that he never met John Lennon, which of course led someone to post this fucking legendary story from Alice Cooper:

>“I was sitting backstage after the 1974 Grammys with Bernie Taupin (Elton John’s lyricist) and John Lennon. This was when Brian was really having some mental issues.
>During the course of the conversation, I kept seeing Brian out of the corner of my eye, just kind of staring at us from different angles. Finally, he came up to the table, bent down and whispered in my ear ‘Hey Alice, introduce me to John Lennon.’ I couldn’t BELIEVE that these two men had never met!
>They were virtually neck and neck in the 60’s as the greatest bands on the planet, and I’m SURE they must have crossed paths at some point. But then I thought to myself, ‘Wow, if they REALLY have never met, I’m going to be the one to introduce them and become a part of rock history!’
>So I merely said, ‘Brian Wilson, this is John Lennon. John Lennon, this is Brian Wilson.’ Lennon was very cordial and polite, saying things like ‘Hello Brian, I’ve always wanted to meet you. I’ve always admired your work, and Paul and I considered Pet Sounds one of the best albums ever made.’ Brian thanked him and walked away, at which point Lennon went right back to his conversation like nothing had happened.
>About ten minutes later, Brian came by our table again, leaned down and whispered something to Bernie, and all of a sudden, Bernie was saying ‘Brian Wilson, this is John Lennon. John Lennon, Brian Wilson.’ Lennon was just as cordial and polite as the first time, saying essentially the same thing about always wanting to meet him.
>As soon as Brian walked away, John looked at both of us and casually said in his typical Liverpudlian accent, ‘I’ve met him hundreds of times. He’s not well, you know.’”

Brian is so damn unwell, poor guy

Attached: Brian realizes he left the stove on.jpg (630x473, 43K)

>healthy rivalry
Paul literally caused Brian to have a life altering nervous breakdown

John*

He dropped too much acid and probably had a predilection toward mental illness already based on his blackout/freakout on that flight to Houston. Hearing a song for a moment has never caused anyone to literally lose their fucking mind for over 50 years

Yes Paul caused him to have one too

Brian was competing with his own brilliance/madness. Him flying too close to the sun was inevitable.

No. Brian did that to himself.

trips and neither sees 20202

do you even know how digits work?

>20202

Jesus if they just live to 20201 I would be quite impressed

OP here, this is true. There's an outtake from Pepper where Paul laughs maniacally about how he's going to destroy Brian's mental health. Real sociopathic shit.

based faul

>brian’s favorite album of all time is sgt. pepper
No it’s not, it’s Rubber Soul

damn

How is it that the only collaboration between two geniuses of their craft was one of them chewing celery for percussion on a song about healthy eating?

>Al Jardine remembered that:
>The night before a big tour, I was out in the studio recording the vocal [for "Vega-Tables"] when, to my surprise, Paul McCartney walked in and joined Brian at the console. And, briefly, the two most influential musical Geminis in the world had a chance to work together. I remember waiting for long periods of time between takes to get to the next section or verse. Brian [seemed to have] lost track of the session. Paul would come on the talkback and say something like "Good take, Al."[4]

Didn't he only take acid once or twice?

For the longest time I believed him and thought they hired a look-a-like

I think it's time for Brian to take a nap.... a looooooooong nap.

Attached: the last thing brian wilson sees christmas day.gif (480x360, 3.8M)

Why is Mike so close to the camera

Did no one tell him that he was supposed to be 20 feet away

There's also the song 'A Friend Like You' on Brian Wilson's album 'Gettin' In Over My Head'.

Brian Wilson was completely burned out after 1967 and only made one or two decent songs afterwards like 'Til I Die. Don't do drugs. Imagine going from Pet Sounds and Smile to the garbage that was released after. It was the zenith, superior to Sgt. Poopers, to generic, sub-par trash almost instantaneously. He was completely worthless by 1972 and has been since.

>the garbage that was released after
they continued to release very worthwhile music into the 70s. i'd argue surf's up is better than pet sounds.

yikes

Attached: 1035x1382-R1255_FEA_Love_A.jpg (1035x1382, 190K)

>that filename

Attached: 1398818474737.gif (375x375, 171K)

The musical landscape has changed. You can pretty much throw out Paul's discography after/during the 80s too and you wouldn't miss to much

sure, I don't know anything Paul mcfartney has done after the Beatles other than that Christmas song and Maybe I'm amazed, maybe one or two more.

>Flaming Pie
>Chaos and Creation in the Backyard
>Electric Arguments
>Egypt Station

>>brian’s favorite album of all time is sgt. pepper
no he's said multiple times that it's phil spector's christmas album

you're missing out

fpbp

/thread

yes

not as much

Sometimes I like to think deep down Brian was fucking around for his own amusement.

nice trips bro

Egypt Station is mostly garbage but i'm with you on the other 3, they deserve far more love