Who is his successor?

Who is his successor?

Attached: 1553026271047.gif (500x500, 229K)

Prince needs to be held to the same regard as Michael because he's so much better

>blocks your path

Attached: 284AA21B-A908-43A1-97FA-C06CAD1E90CD.jpg (650x366, 26K)

ian watkins

Attached: megalolz.jpg (406x500, 38K)

Prince constantly shot down his own success. Michael embraced/nurtured his. That's why you don't see people talking about Prince.

Prince has more great, consistent albums but Michael has the highest peaks.

Currently, the only person with potential is Anderson Paak

Commercially: probably drake

>Michael has the highest peaks
Take away Billie Jean and MJ immediately falls way down on the greatness spectrum. Take away Beat It, Thriller and Smooth Criminal and he's pretty unimportant aside from Off the Wall. I think Off the Wall is his only really great album front to back. Even Thriller is pretty mediocre as a full album.

Bruno Mars

Attached: 7AD62184-86F7-4120-9398-5D84FEBA8702.jpg (214x317, 12K)

these two
maybe

ye

please

Does Janet count?

>Take away Billie Jean
>Take away Beat It, Thriller and Smooth Criminal
>he's pretty unimportant aside from Off The Wall
So if you take away all of his great songs, he pretty much sucks? Gotcha.
also
>Bad
>Man In The Mirror
>Leave Me Alone
>The Way You Make Me Feel
>Dangerous
>Dirty Diana
>I Just Can't Stop Loving You
I still hear every single one of these played in grocery stores and gas stations 30 years later.

lmao

Bruno Mars is far more like the new Prince since he actually plays the shit on his albums and is a turbo manlet

xxxtentacion

David Clegg

Take away 4 songs, but really just the one. Off the Wall is really good IMO but it's not really what makes him great. Basically what I'm saying is that Billie Jean is his only true masterpiece. Everything else is just some solid Pop songs that got really popular.

Also, being played in grocery stores means nothing and shouldn't be a gauge for quality. I also hear Eye of the Tiger and Motley Crue at the store.

I think no pop act can rise up to that level of stardom now that the common person is more aware they are being marketed to.

kanye

lol, i mean, yeah you like that garbage , but user, come on

Except Wanna Be Startin Somethin, Baby Be Mine, Human Nature, PYT, Stranger in Moscow, They Don't Care About Us, The Way you Make me Feel, Man in the Mirror, Leave Me Alone, Don't Stop til you Get Enough, Rock With You, Off the Wall, Blood on the Dance Floor are all masterpieces. Like half of those are as good as Billie Jean.

stop trying to make janet jackson a thing

>I still hear every single one of these played in grocery stores and gas stations 30 years later.

not any more lol

Ian Watkins

Drake. Down to the child molestation charge at some point in the future.

weeknd

Drake makes the same NPC music.

or r kelly

>take away his peaks and he has none
Youre an absolute moron and should not be attempting to debate anyone about anything