What's the literary counterpart to this album?

What's the literary counterpart to this album?

Attached: STFTB.jpg (220x220, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movies_for_the_Blind
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

50 shades of grey

nah please be serious user

maybe journey to the end of the night
thats just a typical edgy guess though

where are the Yea Forums fags

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movies_for_the_Blind

reminds me of this rap album

Gira wrote a book you know.

>implying Gira is a writer

maybe House of Leaves, but that's ignoring the fact that Poe - Haunted is literally the companion album of that book

Infinite Jest

The full stories and poems of Edgar Allen Poe

is that book worth reading? Shit looks crazy

Probably something modern like Pynchon or Delillo..,. Idk i don't read books

if you're open to postmodernism, then it may very well become one of your new favorite books of all time. if you hate postmodernism, then you'll enjoy it more than Infinite Jest, but it'll likely leave you unsatisfied. I fall into the first camp, so I'm kind of biased, but try it out of the following elements interest you:
>the book is not written paragraph by paragraph in a conventional way. there are copious footnotes and supplementary appendices, the text changes font and color, and the words are printed in all sorts of orientations. one page has a giant black box with backwards text all around it, another is nothing but sheet music
>the plot is a story within a story within a story. all three are told at once through footnotes and changes in font. the general genre of each story is horror
>every narrator is unreliable, and people still argue two decades later over which character is the intended author
>the author is also a poet. many of the quotes in the chapters are from poems others have written, and the appendices are filled with his own, attributed to the characters in the story

also another note on MZD being a poet, his second book, Only Revolutions, is literally a bidirectional epic poem. even if you prefer poetry to prose, start with HoL. OR is the most opaque thing I've ever read, and it will burn you out within ten pages if you aren't already used to MZD's style

the bible in alphabetical order

This or Finnegan's Wake

>creepy, atmospheric album meant absorb and unsettle
>musical version of 1000 pages of gibberish
please elaborate

thomas ligotti - songs of a dead dreamer

Ezra Pound's Pisan Cantos desu

The Waste Land, although the true musical counterpart to The Waste Land is Shostakovich’s 15th. SFTB can be it’s rock counterpart.

Also, some of these answers....
>Edgar Allen Poe
>Finnegans Wake
>Pynchon
>The Bible
Wtf

thanks, user. I'll go in with an open mind. Hope it's as atmospheric and menacing as STFTB

Sabato's On Heroes And Tombs

>i don't read books
Yeah we can tell. You’ve obviously never read Pynchon and especially not Delillo

Yeah that's what I said

So why even contribute to the thread?

so someone like you would respond because im sad and lonely

They've never read any of those, LOL.

my stinky poo hole lol

twilight

war and peace cause its long as fuck and a bit overrated

i have no mouth and i must scream