Please don't tell me you continue to use RYM after looking at the top albums

Please don't tell me you continue to use RYM after looking at the top albums.

Attached: Ta.png (704x470, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/find/userchart?usernames=jermrellum,diverswife,Lucifroz,NYokotobi,langterra,milkywayve,LouLouBanksGirlsofVerona,Leixrate,ohluxluu,thefakejughead,matheusdn,thibaultalgrins,slashpic,Aria_CantSingOpera,krisis,OhJohnNo,seljo_beljo,Wogbog,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just use it to log what I listen to. Most of the shit I listen to has 500 or under ratings anyway.

You still use this shitty site after looking at Yea Forumscore whats the difference?

what does that have to do with the utility of the website

why do people rate tpab so highly?

white guilt

I think it's an alright album, but anyone giving it more than an 8 just has shit taste

Low IQ

TPAB will be #1 in less than a year.

Blindly staring at the charts like a lemming is literally the last reason why should have RYM. It’s a fantastic resource for cataloging records and exploring new albums, but memeing like some brainlet that all it’s good for is being spoonfed by the charts is bullshit

Attached: 08066F94-91EC-4ABB-B27A-D32F34AEBD47.jpg (1080x1080, 212K)

how can you not look at the top 3 instead? aeroplane is almost the perfect album, kind of blue changed the entire genre of jazz forever, and to pimp a butterfly fucking sucks. Radiohead in general is way overrated, and dark side of the moon is boring as hell. I can see it being in the top 100, but not in the top 3.

Great thread

I like all 3 of those albums, not my favorites, but I don't see an issue

Rym is flawed, and you have to be creative to prune your favorite releases. Here's a trick which I did: take your favorite album, and look at the ratings page to see who gave it 4.5 or 5 stars. Then, if their other 5 and 4.5 stars look good to you, add it to a custom user chart list.

Here's an example chart for one of my favorite albums, Vows by Kimbra: rateyourmusic.com/find/userchart?usernames=jermrellum,diverswife,Lucifroz,NYokotobi,langterra,milkywayve,LouLouBanksGirlsofVerona,Leixrate,ohluxluu,thefakejughead,matheusdn,thibaultalgrins,slashpic,Aria_CantSingOpera,krisis,OhJohnNo,seljo_beljo,Wogbog,

What garbage.

To be fair, those albums have tens of thousands of ratings so they're most likely to reach the top of the sote. I mean, how many users do you think just ranked OK Computer five stars and never touched the site again? It's not like those people really expand their taste outside rym's top 40 page.

Lists are better. I never use charts

Imagine caring what other people think.

based

YES, the top albums of all time are a shit list.
YES, the user base is full of pretentious twats/pleb teenagers that spew their uneducated opinions about.
...but NO, I will not stop using this site, as it is an extremely helpful tool to log my listens/collection, as well as find new music.

I don’t look at that site because I don’t need stupid random people telling me what I listen to is bad for subjective reasons I don’t agree with

Isn't rym the music equivalent of imdb? If be hard pressed to find a suitable substitute for either site, though I don't really watch tv or movies.

you could say the same about mu but youre still here fag

Yeah, except IMDB has a much larger user base

Yes, in a way it is... but go to any other site that rates music and you're going to always see artists like Radiohead, Metallica, Pink Floyd rated high. There's no escaping that, if that's what you're after.

Oh I agree, I like absolute garbage which is why it has to be customized to you. There isn't a one suits all algorithm for everybody, and there is no objective best music.

>NMH dabbing on overrated black shit
Based as fuck

The only music board I visit on the internet is this place and it's mostly to act retarded and have a laugh. If something sounds good to me then that's all I need to know about music.

Yep, I've used besteveralbums before and those same artists are rated highly on there. There are far less users on there so it's difficult to assess any obscure album's quality. Not to mention how the site ranks albums with more votes higher on the charts even if it's disliked like Pablo Honey.

Shut yo garbage ass up.

more like more than a 5, it's pure shit

imagine using rym for the ratings

came to post this. OP is a faggot as usual

You're confusing rym with Yea Forums

lol wow you are so cool :O

The algorithm is rigged to get it higher in the charts

lol i can see this happening unfortunately

TPAB will eventually be top 5

It will be top 5 mid this year. Maybe top 3.

>please don't tell me you're still using the database
>because the rating system is stupid
Radiohead and Pink Freud being at the very top ain't any less stupid. Doesn't make RYM a bad place for looking up some nice albums. Also, if you set some conditions to your custom chart instead of just listening to top-40 like an utter caveman, you're guaranteed to find a bunch of good stuff.

Those people have less weight in the ratings

No Rym is closer to Mubi or Letterboxd

Mubi is a decent idea, but their selections are kind of random and largely uninformed. I appreciate the idea of showing classics and lesser-known films to people for a relatively moderate fee, but a lot of the movies they present are just film colledge-tier uninteresting crap. And Letterboxd is probably the one media site I'd argue to have even worse UI than RYM. It's just all around awful, feels like it's designed for tablets, but they don't really provide any advantage. Also, fuck Letterboxd for always pushing some super-mainstream crap. RYM is a degree above both of those.

is there any music site with as large of a database as rym?

Attached: fff.png (593x882, 69K)

Discogs probably, but it's much less organized.

>Artists: 1.3 m

I’m surprised it isn’t more. I listen to a lot of obscure acts and it’s rare I find anyone not in the database

Upvoted and gilded

The problem is people who register, give a 5 to top 10-20 albums because "they're supposed to rate them highly, aren't they" and then leave the site. Yes, I know that the algorithm gives less weight to such people, but less weight doesn't mean it doesn't take them into account.

For example, let's look at King Crimson. Their debut has 28k ratings and 10k 5's and their second album has 8k ratings. That means that a huge bunch of people (at least 2k) that rated their debut with a 5 didn't even listen to (or at least bother rating) their second album!! Which obviously means people just registered, looked at the top, gave 5's and left. That's why top albums will only secure their status more and more.

Op I do what this user said