What do you guys think lies in the future of art music? Do you think further deconstruction is possible...

What do you guys think lies in the future of art music? Do you think further deconstruction is possible, or will we see a return to more traditional methods of composition and performance?

Attached: 1525078166595.png (1043x563, 924K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lzkOFJMI5i8
youtube.com/watch?v=yaaRk0c-780
twitter.com/AnonBabble

both at the same time

do americans really do this?

Everything at the same time

Drumming by Reich is amazing.

Left: a bunch of cucks wanking over the same progressions and harmonies as the endless amount of people did before them in the fear of getting away from canon
Right: based man not giving a fuck about his audience's aesthetic feelings and exposing his ideas through the original means of artistic expression

Unironically this

Also both left and right are based

Based

This. Reich revolutionized music more than those losers ever could.

>people who haven't heard clapping music talk shit about it
wow, great job :D

Does anyone really use phasing except Reich? Maybe Jonny Greenwood copies it a bit.

Reich is based
It's Gonna Rain and Four Organs are pleb filters

>in the fear of getting away from canon
Beethoven says Hi!!

*creates crescendocore*
Heh...

Hopefully a return to theocratic principles and the resurgence of original gregorian chants.

Microtonalism will go mainstream.

if /pol/fags lived the same time as ludwig they would hate him

I am vehemently opposed to that future as a pianist

CLASSICALFAGS BTFO
HOW WILL THEY RECOVER?

Just record lower case piano sounds bro

If you're going to talk shit about it, at least listen to it. I thought it was fucking stupid until I heard it
youtu.be/lzkOFJMI5i8

to all the buttblasted reichfags here, i just wanna say the pic is a joke, and i'm a fan of his. pussies.

literally no one in this thread is buttblasted

nice try glasslet i see through your shit

it's not postmodern, you mong
here's postmodernism -
youtube.com/watch?v=yaaRk0c-780

What is the best Reich piece? For me, it's Drumming and Electric Counterpoint.

Everything is composed in 1st species counterpoint

Eight Lines

still kind of stupid desu

finally someone with actual knowledge, these peterson kids need to calm the fuck down

I've heard Reich is extremely hard to perform live. Is it true?

well you can only clap so hard

Hard if you've only ever played common practice period classical music. Easier if you've played pop/jazz/other loop-based music. Phasing live takes a lot of focus from the musicians involved but it's really fun. There's no feeling in music like nailing a nice slow phase in Drumming 1.

btw this is one of the best classical pieces of all time, it should be required listening

phasing is extremely hard to keep track of in clapping music

impersonable media is dying. making a product and having it stand on its own will be a thing of the past. nobody below the age of 25 is interested in music, films, literature anymore (save for the few academics). it's all about livestreaming your "authentic" self online 24/7. even the concept of binge-watching the latest netflix series is becoming archaic. unless of course it was memed on social media (bird box) in which case zoomers are streaming themselves reviewing or reacting to the meme show/tv of the week. this will happen to music too. just look at kanye. it's almost like the making/re-editing of TLOP and the contraversy leading up to Ye overshadowed the actual content of the albums themselves. i know marketing is nothing new but this is different. never before in history has the media frenzy/hype train leading up to the release of music/tv-shows overshadowed (and continues to overshadow) the actual release of the art. the act of consuming media is becomings subordinated to the act of watching people react to the consumption of said media. this doesn't even apply to media. just look at how many videos there are of "day in the life of (profession) and "moving into (university" and "my morning routine". i don't think we'll even notice just how deep of an effect this change will have on us for the next couple of generations.

*clap*

>this doesn't even apply to media.
this doesn't even just apply to media*

its garbage intended for machines then.

I agree even though you're exaggerating a bit here
many people don't like this new media culture

that's why it's so fun

vid kinda blows
but you have to realize - its not about some 'romantic' 'artistic' fabrication but the simple placement of notes and all response ffrom the audience follows

Absolutely based

>classical was restricted bullshit and lacked philosophies of creative thought!
>[proof to contrary that is available to anyone with even passing knowledge of music]
>YEAH WELL U WOULD HAVE HATED IT ANYWAY
Always the same with you faggot ass avant teens, lol

>Its another idiot thinks minimalism is postmodern episode

Attached: 1552695660717s.jpg (250x250, 5K)

I think a genuine folk revival is necessary for an art music tradition to build on and draw from, and I'm not optimistic about that happening.

Contemporary folk is an oxymoron. The concept of folk music cannot exist with mass media and communication as well as creative licenses being a thing.

I agree with you, I think folk music actually died with the so-called folk revival, but there's something in me that hopes someone will be able to figure out a way to make it viable. I don't think it will sound anything like the folk music of the past if it were to happen.