From the years of 20-25...

From the years of 20-25, i was in depression and anxiety and at those years i did absolutely nothing but sit at home browsing internet. Now i'm bit better, is it too late to start doing things like my own music or am i too old and already wasted my best years?

Attached: large.jpg (500x500, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/mystrikproject
youtu.be/VQepoir4z6U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Those were the best years of my life, don't even try anymore at this point you weak loser lmao

Yikes

Attached: 1525282043392.jpg (516x767, 106K)

Don't give up user, everyone does everything at their own pace and the only person you are competing with is yourself. Some people created experimental masterpieces at age 18. Some people only got started when they are 60. There are so many forces acting on you that it doesn't make sense to say that there is a specific window of time to accomplish your goals. You can't control those forces but you can control how you think.

No, it's not too late. Just start, user. I wish you luck

No, it's never too late. Lifespans are increasing and we are not in the same paradigms anymore. Some people don't become depressed until 30. It can happen anytime. So you use the time you have, whenever that is. Plenty of people doing music start later.

think about it like this, you do something now, it's mediocre or sucks. you keep doing it and it gets pretty damn good. now that you can do something that makes you smile, that depression falls under your control if it ever comes back. you win.

better to actually progress with age rather than burn out early like this cunt

this

also post beets

do you at least know how to play an instrument

oh hi my current self. 25 in 2 months and absolutely no plans in life. fun times

holy shit what are you talking about, I started thinking like an adult only after mid-20s.

Of course not! Get after it man!

my guy, I feel you. I'm 27 and am just getting started. The National became a band when they were all in their 30s. LCD Soundsystem guy didnt start making shit till his mid- to late-30s.

Wallace Stevens started writing poetry in his 40s for christ's sake and have you read Harmonium? It's unbelievable.

This
I hate fucking hugboxes

noone gives a shit about your age as long as you produce something worthwhile

>missed out on all the 16 - 22 formative social experiences that people look back on fondly (teen crushes, school prom, school dances, university fresher's week, any sort of relationships at all)

Music for this feel?

Sounds like a personal problem, man. Let's hug it out.

Barely, i make music with midi keyboard because i'm so rusty with the guitar now

Attached: 9a2ca75d3bce3679c129a7c522b0d75f.gif (245x245, 927K)

Idk nigga you do you

kuroki has foot fungus

>(teen crushes, school prom, school dances, university fresher's week, any sort of relationships at all)
don't tell me what to experience

Attached: giph.gif (480x366, 2.7M)

not late at all
keep up doing what you really like

tim heidecker - i am a cuck

oh why oh why I'm not this guy

Attached: Generic NPC.jpg (366x366, 28K)

dumb by nirvana

When Idles started they were all in their late 20s, early 30s. MIA became successful at 30. Same for David Berman.

Chuck Berry was a sideshow act until his 30s, and then became the biggest thing ever
shut up whiny limp dick fags

hate to fuck up the nice thread here, but idles is psuedo punk garbagio. and uhhm post music uve made

Okay, it's sort of ambient music, i started playing around a week ago. soundcloud.com/mystrikproject

Attached: headphones-abstract-music-kon-akiyama-mio-anime-girls-Wallpaper-HD-2560x1600-www-paperhi-com-erosu-4 (2560x1600, 1.89M)

so far they all sound…off beat or something. have you tried writing lyrics before?

singing maybe?

I have no experience with bands or music lessons or mixing etc. and i'm kinda lazy with mixing so these songs could definitely be much better

Attached: bab9259ba708551612f0810a5145f8bb.jpg (853x1024, 77K)

Maybe, i just don't feel very confident with anything i do yet, so i try to become decent with these instrumental songs

naw man. fuck that. you gotta do your best. youtu.be/VQepoir4z6U

Yeah, i've been listening some Metroid music and trying to learn from the best so maybe one day i have the skills to make music as good as him

Attached: D3V1NdaDOOD.png (900x900, 1.11M)

You cant be seriously asking that? Do you even listen to music?

no no no…you gotta do YOUR best, not someone elses…just try and do it man.

Okay, i get you, thanks

Attached: 84fe889aeacd3a9136d17f38dcbc4314-700.jpg (1244x700, 146K)

What do you mean?

Attached: 1551958264739.jpg (524x596, 42K)

idk tho listening to music helps with writing imo
You end up combining the stuff you like the most about all the different music you like and it ends up amalgamating into your own unique style

Well this too, if we didn't get inspired by others who came before us we would be making cavemen music. We are all "copying" somebody to some degree.

Attached: 7484a140.jpg (1363x768, 66K)

i was reffering to the
>good as him
part not him liking the music

Oh okay, yeah if i will never be as good it's alright?

Attached: tomoko_kuroki_by_black_avenger_d77ao5o-350t.jpg (628x350, 29K)

uhh the fuck? i never said that.
>good as him
>as him
>him
you make your own music dude.
>Oh okay, yeah if i will never be as good it's alright?
look, if thats what you wanted to hear, by all means, go die in a ditch. if not, you already know what to do

I mean, if i am not capable of the same talent as someone like him, it doesn't mean i should stop making music? I have an OCD so i have these weird obsessions and questions that nag me 24/7.

Attached: 20900.jpg (1280x1024, 232K)

But if i am then good, but if not then it's fine