Actual trash

Actual trash

>songs are all done variation of wouldn’t it be nice
>instrumentation not ahead of its time in any way

Why does Yea Forums rate this album?

Attached: F7EF2E95-1C97-4889-B083-CA07A234322B.jpg (355x355, 46K)

Yea Forumscore is outdated and pointless.

No it’s very useful imo, but if it’s outdated they should make a new one

I guess you’re right

Today is better

yeah I didn't really get it either
maybe I just need to wait until I'm happily in love or something

do not reply to bait threads

I think you're probably not sad enough to get it

Maybe you just have bad taste and/or tin ears if you think every song was the same. Go listen to Sgt. Pepper's or something brainlet

Wouldn't It Be Nice is too good. Ruins the rest of the album

The concept was supposed to be that every song was high quality and there was no filler but God Only Knows and Wouldn't It Be Nice are still really the only singles quality tracks

Sloop John B and Caroline No make good singles also if you don't have the attention span to listen to full album and only want songs.

what a strange opinion

Attached: 010.png (374x376, 178K)

Whole album is amazing, but its biggest weakness is the strength of the standout songs because they make everything else look not that good

Might be taking the bait but
>not understanding how melodically, lyrically and structurally different literally every song on the album is from one another
>not realizing that Pet Sounds blew every other album at the time (and even till today) with its rich and purposeful orchestral arrangements
>not realizing that Pet Sounds was so instrumentally advanced that it helped advance the development of the studio as an instrument itself

>they should make a new one
I would dread to see how that turns out.

Wasn't 1966 also the year that British fans who had been polled declared that the Beach Boys were miles ahead of the Beatles?

Sgt. Pepper's hadn't come out yet obviously but still, this means that Brits thought higher of Pet Sounds album than goddamn Revolver

>Might be taking the bait
you are

The Beach Boys got an unfair rap due to shit like the collapse of Smile, Brian being perceived as having broken down due to trying compete with the Beatles instead of prior mental illness and drug use, and canceling their appearance at Monterey, and history ultimately says that the Beatles won the competition

The competition between the Beach Boys and the Beatles was still one of the most significant episodes in music history though. They needed a creative rival after Dylan left the spotlight. Rubber Soul leads to Pet Sounds, which led partly to Revolver and definitely to Sgt. Pepper's. Up next was Good Vibrations, which was a Renaissance in terms of musical structure and probably influenced Day in the Life. It would have been great to see how Smile influenced what the Beatles were doing. According to one possibly apocryphal story by Van Dyke Parks it actually did since the Beatles and the Beach Boys shared a publicist who might have given the lads an early listen of what was supposed to be Smile. Maybe this was the explanation for Brian's famous brokenhearted response upon hearing Strawberry Fields Forever that they had "gotten there first"

The worst thread on Yea Forums

listen to the first 15 seconds of good vibrations and TELL ME you don't feel that shit in ur GUT

*23 seconds sorry

I actually like the versions with the extended bridge section in comparison to the original release, where they incorporate the BUM BEE DUM BUM BEE WHOAOHOH vocalizations. The versions of Good Vibrations on the Smile Sessions and Brian Wilson presents Smile sound infinitely better because of it

Wasn't on Pet Sounds, but I imagine that song still must have blown people's nuts off in 1966

damn i hadn't even listend to the whole song bfore. didn't know there were multiple beatswitches and i was crying through the the first minute and a half and then.i was just fucking confused, screaming on the floor

If one made a new Yea Forumscore chart, what would be on it? Let's say it's 5x5 like this chart

>stays
NMH, Loveless, STFTB, Ys, Deathconsciousness, Spiderland, Madvillainy, Untrue, Moneystore, Skinny Fists, MPP
>goes for sure
Capn Beefheart, Remain In the Light, Illinois, Pink Moon, Popul Vuh(clearly doesn't belong), VU&Nico, Pet Sounds, MBDTF
>maybe goes
Kid A, ITCOTCK, Hospice, American Football, SILY, GKMC,

I feel Yea Forumscore should be stuff that is specific to Yea Forums, so bands like The Talking Heads are too ubiquitous
So 8-14 new albums

the Midori album with tits on the cover, If You're Feeling Sinister, Lonesome Crowded West, Glow pt. 2, Black Foliage, Emergency & I, Mista Thug Isolation, and something by Fishmans is what I'd add for sure

For the remaining 6 albums we could possibly add, ordered by priority:
>1. Twin Fantasy
>2. YFH
>3. I can feel the heart beating as one
>4. Vampire Weekend
>5. The Ooz
>6. channel ORANGE

Thoughts?

Attached: file.png (630x737, 864K)

Sgt. Pepper would make a superb EP

>those stays
Are you mentally stuck in 2013?