Why all the hate?

Why all the hate?

Attached: blabum.jpg (1425x1425, 130K)

departure from thrash, and the beginning of the end for Metallica. it only went downhill after this, as they strayed further and further away from their roots and just became another commercial rock band making radio friendly singles.
it's a good album in itself (nowhere near as good as their first 4 or as bad as what came after) but i think most people just have a problem with the direction the band took from then on.

Any sensible person knows that Metallica has always been trash.

>departure from thrash, and the beginning of the end for Metallica.
Nice revisionist history, they only got bigger and more famous.

i prefer Megadath, but early Metallica was pretty good famalam.

Attached: 33petet.jpg (1002x1328, 152K)

>they only got bigger and more famous.
By selling out. thats what he said. nice reading comprehension

you misspelled thrash

>By selling out.
You mean on Ride The Lightning when they wrote a power ballad?

Shut the fuck up retard.

wew lad
the path that took them to whisky in the jar was selling out.

success isn't the only thing that measure these things, i'm talking about the end of classic Metallica. sure they were more popular because of this album but at what cost? after the tour, everything they made was subpar at best or total garbage (see St. Anger).

Based poster. We need more like you.

the band was over when Burton died

desperate samefagging

it has nothing else matters, the cheesiest metal track of the 90s

I think there is nothing wrong with ballads but think Fade To Black is a shitty fucking song. rather listen to Welcome Home, or hell, Heaven by Warrant.

The point is Metallica has long been accused of "selling out" before the Black Album, fans accused them of selling out for Fade To Black and also then again for One, because it was their first music video

Attached: 120985368.jpg (408x612, 31K)

>long been accused of "selling out"
accused at the time true, but in retrospect you can see that the black album is when it actually occurred

Wrong. It was Load/Reload when they thought they could leave metal behind and become greater general audience rock stars.
Black Album was just more Metallica, it was just anti-Justice, it was simplified rather than complicated, but it was still the same damn shit.

Load/Reload was their first actual notable style change.

Attached: Metallica-Load-Trasera.jpg (1181x929, 240K)

ok, your opinion.
i see where black led straight into load/reload.
AJFA was already a large change from MOP, slower and not as interesting

It's a good album, aged pretty well for me. I like it more than Kill and Justice personally.
It's not thrash but thrash is hardly the be all end all of metal anyway.

Sounds Country.

my friend of misery should have been an instrumental

The truth has been spoken

Meme opinion. Burton hardly did jack shit.

this, james has been the principal creative force since mustaine left

Shit opinion. Burton obviously had the only nuts in the band
how do you explain going to miserable shit as soon as newsted arrived?

Burton practically taught James music theory, and wrote lots of memorable riffs and harmonies. there's a reason he's credited on 6/8 of the songs on Ride the Lightning, he wrote the acoustic intro for Fight Fire, most of Bells, the intro for Lightning (w/ Lars, believe it or not), that pre-solo guitar bit on Fade to Black, and the harmony on the tail end of Creeping Death.
these are just the main song writing contributions as well, completely putting his playing abilities and innovation to the side. i shouldn't even need to bring up Orion either, that whole song was basically written by him alone (including the guitar parts in the end, they were originally meant to be played on bass).

i love big gay cowboy era james

autists get mad when artists don't want to do the same thing forever

Yea, but he was the only one who brought ANY (more than basic) music theory to everyone in this band

Load/Reload would've been pretty good if they just combined the best of both albums into one.

Especially metalheads and even more specifically thrashbros.

As for metal, well, that's generational and there'll be more of it. I suppose us graybeards should try and educate ourselves, but it's like Balkan girl groups--I'd be a fool to try and like everything. To that end, I preferred the knee-jerk sexism of GNR I to the asshole existentialism of GNR II. I found myself putting James Hetfield out of his misery inside of five plays. Life is short and I found it getting shorter with every song.

Attached: christgau4.jpg (300x225, 16K)

James's redneck rock tendencies started to become noticeable here and really took off on Load/Reload.

>It's a good album, aged pretty well for me
Come on. You can't put on Enter Sandman and tell you you can't hear 1991 in there.

You'd think for an English major, he'd be able to write in coherent English.

it should've been lars

Metallica is a lot like KISS--James and Lars consider the band their baby just like Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons do and everyone else is just hired help who gets no say in anything.

you recon this cover is a homage to white light/white heat?

because metallica sucks balls

What racist bullshit are you mongering?