Anyone else have autistic connections with their instruments?

anyone else have autistic connections with their instruments?
>mfw I would actually sleep next to my trombone in hs and first year of college

Attached: 1548325385416.gif (500x545, 802K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SYGY3JsdurQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't think that is an autistic behavior.

Attached: YuiGuitar2.jpg (871x1075, 73K)

just the assigning human traits or having that deep of a connection with an inanimate object.
Kind of like how I love yui

Attached: 1550425520839.gif (500x510, 245K)

I want to pinch her cheeks

Yui is clearly mentally challenged. Ritsu is best girl.

Attached: 1546059852829.png (1366x768, 575K)

>implying that's a bad thing

Will watching K-On help with my guitar gainz?

Giitah*
And idk maybe

I named my guitaru

Attached: 224AABBB-FE1F-4D69-9664-2C07723BE73E.gif (498x436, 876K)

>trombone
My dude.
What kind of horn do you have? Do you still play?

It'll keep you happy and motivated.

It's actually an edwards custom bass with independent valve system.
what about you user?

also
>do you still play
I play every couple weeks or so but I haven't been involved in a music program for a while. It's fuckin horrible, I'm gonna audition for some sort of community ensemble or get a hacked together big band or something when I move just to keep me sane

Yes because you’ll have to practice intensely to keep up with Yui’s power level

Attached: 2A88D929-2C98-45D5-96E7-45B70FF32B5F.png (600x522, 312K)

Whoa sounds dope. What exactly does it mean for the valve system to be independent?
I have an Elkhart era Conn88H and an H.N. White King 3B silversonic.
Ive been really wanting to pick up a pbone recently lol

Did you study music in school? What kind of music do you primarily play? I’m mostly a jazz player but I try to keep my classical chops up to a semi respectable degree

no I just want to kill my guitar because all it wants to play is clichéd blues phrases

I actually have a purple pbone from highschool, it's actually super fun to play.
>independent valve system
the bass trombone has the F# trigger along with the normal F trigger that a tenor would have. So the dependent system requires you to press down the F trigger to use the secondary one while the independent system you can use one or the other. I actually confused myself and I have a dependent system because it sounds way more open.
>did you study music in school
I did for a year and a half and realized that I was going to have to teach and eventually give up playing. Now I'm doing CS until I can support myself and hopefully go back to music. I always wanted to play for an orchestra or something because that's the most fun. You get to play so much louder with the strings backing you up.

pic for reference before I got my gold plated Greg black mouthpiece. But if you look at the rotaries and see how it’s all asymmetrical that’s what indicates it’s dependent rather than dependent.
Not that it matters for tenorfags lul

Attached: 058A530C-1DB0-4465-A4AC-88F04C994023.jpg (1242x2208, 452K)

Cool horn. I’ve always thought bass trombones looked sick as fuck. I’ve thought about getting a bass trombone just to improve my low range and make me a more versatile player but they’re fucking expensive and I’m about to go to grad school so I can’t really justify a new expensive horn right now.
I get that you’re more interested in orchestral stuff but there’s this bass trombonist named Reginald Chapman who does some crazy stuff on his horn. I think he mostly does jazz but he gets classical gigs since he’s so killing

>implying Ritsu isn’t just as retarded as Yui just less cute about it

have you ever heard of martin schippers? he's like a bass/tenor trombonist hybrid so he uses like a 3G mouthpiece and can rip a triple g with it.
youtube.com/watch?v=SYGY3JsdurQ

btw I'm gonna look into that guy I need some more big band type music anyways, ty for the rec

I feel, But I need to play my guitar better. I'll get there!

Damn that was tight. I actually sometimes find it easier to play high notes on my 5G with my large bore compared to my 61/2AL with my small bore. My high range resonates more with the bigger mouthpiece and feels like it’s singing better. I’ve been thinking about getting a small shank 5G to play jazz on but idk if it’d make my sound too dark or affect my agility on the horn

have you ever used a gold plated mouthpiece? Maybe it was a placebo or the shape rather than metal but when I switched to my gold plated 1.5g everything came out so much easier. For the most part I guess it comes down to what you're comfortable with or what you know you can pull off without it fucking up your face too much.

Never done gold plated. I’ve pretty much always stuck to pretty vanilla gear. I got a late start in terms of actually getting good so I’ve really focused more on my abilities rather than worrying about nuances of my equipment. Although I was playing on a piece of shit rented student horn for the first half year of lessons in college and when I switched to my Conn I started sounding so much better and being able to play much better shit

when did you start playing? I had about 7 years of playing before I got all my stuff and I bought the mouthpiece during my last year of being a music major. My family got me the horn as a hs graduation gift so I was pretty lucky

I started playing in 8th grade but never took a single lesson because I was musically inclined enough to learn my parts and the instrument. My technique and sound were shit though. I started lessons sophomore year of college and I advanced quickly because I had a great instructor and was determined. Got my Conn that year when my instructor said I needed a horn that could handle the music (and had an F trigger). Got the King the next year when I decided I wanted a horn that would be better for jazz

But to speak to your point I’m currently living in a desolate rural area so I don’t have access to places where I can try out different mouthpieces and shit unless I wanna drive an hour. I do kinda wanna check out some new mouthpieces though. At least for my small bore because I feel like the smallness of the mouthpiece is kind of limiting my sound

Yes, I even masturbate looking at my laptop.

>currently living in a desolate rural area
inb4 you go to my school
I didn't really start caring too much until my sophomore year which was when I switched to bass. My highschool had nobody on bass and somebody told me my low notes sounded good so I just kinda jumped into that and that's what drove me to start actually trying.

>school
MOOOOOOOODS

>university isn't a school
leave this thread alone retard

No i graduated in May and am now living with my parents lmao. My hometown is just a shit hole. My college was in a decently populated area