This kills the Focusrite Scarlett

This kills the Focusrite Scarlett

Attached: 204.jpg (1200x1200, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00I0Q8JNQ/
musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/m-audio-mtrack-eight?rNtt=m audio interface&index=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

whats this and why should i get one

Been wanting to get one of these, they look nice and functional

It's an audio interface

I have one hooked up to an Audio Technica ATH AT2020, love it. I've gone through a few audio interfaces and I liked this one the most.

Why

Sounds better, less than half the price of a 2i2, has midi outputs etc.

2i4**

can u connect a guitar to it?

Yeah. It's used for recording instruments and vocals as wells as midi

are them on the left to fit 6.3mm jacks or is it round the back?

You can use the inputs on the front. They're supposed to fit jack cables too if you look in the center of it

Does it come with specific software?

BASED
I´ve been using it since 1 year

Nope

So what's the benefit over the Scarlett? This isn't a challenge, I'm in the market for a starter AI and the Scarlett has 2 lite DAWs and a bunch of plugins and software pretty much stock, for maybe £30~ more

me too, im just after something to connect a guitar with. use line 6 guitar port now. but cuts out at times being 15years or so old

The Scarlett comes with garbage DAWs that you're probably not gonna end up using anyways. You can argue that Steinberg and Presonus audio interfaces comes with decent DAWs, but what you get with the Scarlett is shit and you're better off using Reaper anyways

Ok, but why the Behringer

Because it's cheaper, sounds better (and cleaner) and probably has more options too

The problem with all this low tier crap is that it inevitably gets passed on later when you realise you need something better.

Why not just save up now?

I have the version with 4 ins, works great and was cheap

a nickle aint tryna get a job

>Why not spend thousand of dollars on your professional home studio?
B R U H

thoughts on this?
amazon.com/dp/B00I0Q8JNQ/

Attached: 51ASjZRds2L.jpg (500x500, 46K)

Because I could've gotten valuable experience in the time I spent saving up. If I measure all my musical investments in how much money I save for the long run I won't get anywhere.

Got memed into buying a scarlett 2i2, biggest box of shit I have ever owned. Crackling, popping, overall absolute trash. Bought the cheapest Behringer I could find for half the price and it works like a dream.
DONT FALL FOR THE SCARLETT JEW

>Crackling, popping, overall absolute trash
works on my machine ;)

Only reason people are buying Focusrite Scarlett's are because they're constantly being shilled by YouTube producers

Outta my way modern shits.

(for real though do I need to upgrade? I don't really notice anything wrong with it)

Attached: ux1.jpg (900x568, 59K)

found one of these at a thrift store but couldnt figure out how to download the driver. you need like a license or account or someshit.. is this to prevent resale?

Depends on what you intend to use it for. It doesn't have a midi input, for example and seems to not have too many options. If you like it and don't have any problems with it, I see no reason to upgrade

this -> If you like a mixer, looks good. I don't see USB functionality, and most mixers are 16bit if USB capable, so watch out. 24bit is what you should record with, which the behringer audio interface does.

I have the cheapo behringer um2 and I get this weird screeching digital interference sound (as best I can describe it) when recording. Tried plugging my computer in to a different outlet from everything, didn't help. Is the thing just a piece of shit? I also notice an audio pop in the headphones if I turn off a fan in the room for example, I'm guessing that's not a good sign.

Recently got a new computer and I'm pretty sure I downloaded the drivers on their website with no issues a few months ago. You have to use a slightly older driver or something though.

Just guitar and bass, maybe vocals one day. I do midi shit on my computer if I have to, so it's no issue.

Well, if you're happy with the quality you're getting, you might as well stick with it

I have one. No midi

2i2 doesn't have midi, but the UMC204HD has

yo thanks i might just get this

Where?

have you guys heard of Zedi? allen and heat

I went with the Steinberg UR44, although the price increase probably wasn't worth it over the Behringer
Behringer really stepped up their game nowadays

get this and record your drummer

Attached: 1820.jpg (800x800, 94K)

Attached: MItotheDI.jpg (1200x1200, 115K)

They bought Midas. Of course they did

Well the shilling worked; I bought one.

lmao same

I was going to get something this week anyway, but this thread just pushed me over the edge.

i own this since a while and i'm having some drivers issues (mostly on Windows). when using it with ableton the audio from other apps actually don't start, i need to unplug-reinsert the UMC to get it work, it's pretty frustrating. never had this kind of problems with a focusrite, don't know if I'm missing something tho

what one? i want to buy an interface for mics and maybe plugging guitars

>sounds better (and cleaner)
Proof? Have you recorded with both and heard the difference or are you just a shill?
>probably has more options too
Wtf does this even mean lmao, an audio interface just needs gain adjustment, Phantom Power options, Xlr in/outs, MIDI ins/outs, and a USB hookup all which the focusrites have. Try again behringer shill

look at the front pic of OP the instrument phono jack is inside the xlr. so you can do one or the other.

does anyone know the cheapest interface I could get that has MIDI I/O?
I just want to plug my e-drums in(only MIDI out, no USB) to the PC and mess around with Superior Drummer and shit. Not looking to record anything really, just for fun so i'm just looking for a really cheap one

nice, thanks

I'm in the market to buy a Behringer U-Phoria series interface, but why would anyone honestly buy a 2 input audio interface? I dont get it. It is so limited and you could never record drums with it.

If I buy one, it is definitely going to be the U-Phoria UMC1820 because it has 8 xlr inputs. I record my band and I think this is necessary for this, if not only for tracking the drums. But honestly, why buy an interface with just 2 analogue inputs??

get a midi-to-usb cable for 3$

maybe for low-budget amateur home productions?

I think M-Audio M-Track Eight is the cheapest interface that has 8 inputs

I mean, cheapest *good* interface

I'm thinking of buying this for riping vinyl, would I also be able to use it as an amp for some shitty old passive speakers?

>It is so limited and you could never record drums with it.
I'm pretty sure most people buying something with 2 inputs don't intend on recording a full band. These small interfaces are also small and convenient to carry around with a laptop.

you use it to record and stuff

an external audio card

Yeah, I suppose. I imagine if you're a hip hop artist or beat maker or electronic artist, it could be okay. But for rock or metal, or any genre that requires many mics at once, its just not feasible

Cool, I'll look into it. I've heard great things about the U-Phoria series, and honestly, I/we can spend $300 on the behringer. Is the M audio 8 input interface any good? Can it compete with the Behringer? Is it better/worse? I will happily spend a little more money for quality

but Behringer is surprisingly good too, especially after their Midas acquisition

I have 4 of those already lmao, none of them worked. they're all brandless shit I bought from Aliexpress though there's this Roland one that I haven't tested yet, at this point though I really just want to get something that truly works rather than buying a bunch of cables just to test if it werks or not

Attached: 81+juDUpK6L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x983, 129K)

Are you referring to this one?

Its a little over $100 more than the behringer but it seems nice

musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/m-audio-mtrack-eight?rNtt=m audio interface&index=1

The MG 10 XU is the real scarlet killer, 4 pres and 24 bit conversion for less than 200 bucks.

>Are you referring to this one?
are there other M-Audio M-Track Eights?

not that I'm seeing, no

get this and record your drummer

Attached: $_86.jpg (1024x768, 170K)

I have this exact unit and I'm very pleased with it. people like to shit on Behringer, but since they've acquired Midas, their hardware has certainly improved.

that's why I'm saving for an audient id22