Recommendations for intro sludge. Obviously already heard Melvins and liked the heavy stuff a lot...

Recommendations for intro sludge. Obviously already heard Melvins and liked the heavy stuff a lot. Pretty new to sludge metal overall so other than Melvins/Death is The Communion I don't know anything.

Attached: acidbath.jpg (355x355, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ELycAPT9-G8
youtube.com/watch?v=M09hXbzXW5I
youtube.com/watch?v=oMa-edPFxM8
youtube.com/watch?v=gGqGrig_Qn0
youtube.com/watch?v=FxYvS3y-uYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I listen to more stoner doom, but you may like Church of Misery

youtube.com/watch?v=ELycAPT9-G8

If you like "The Bit" by Melvins then listen to Mastodon. Keep in mind they get more proggy the further into their discog you get, and everything after The Hunter is kind of... meh

Eyehategod is good too so I don't get the trve kvlt fags on me

Eyehategod - dopesick

Attached: eyehategod-dopesick.jpg (700x700, 77K)

Classic sludge like Noothgrush - Erode the Person, Eyehategod - Take as Needed for Pain, Buzzov.en - At a Loss, Iron Monkey - Our Problem. Than there's Down - NOLA wich has more stoner/southern influences going on but it's really good.
For the newer stuff Suma - Let the churches Burn, Thou - Summit, Bongripper - Hippie Killer (or Satan Worshipping Doom, can't really decide here), The Body - I Shall Die Here, Primitive Man - Scorn.

Indian - from all purity. Also check out Isis (they have a post-metal vibe as well) and COC

Attached: a2108818040_10.jpg (1200x1200, 430K)

obvious choices are Iron Monkey
Eyehategod
High on fire (newer albums are bit more stoner leaning than Death is this communion)
Lord Mantis
Dragged into Sunlight
early Mastodon up to Blood Mountain if you're into proggy shit
first two Isis albums are solid but don't bother with rest
The Secret (disregard early albums because they're core trap)
don't fall for Slugdge meme, they're melodic black/death with ocasional slugdge riff

holy fucking shit why are metal newfags the only ones that don't know how to find their general

Fuck off, the more metal threads the better, you can stick to the generals & complain about whatever you don't like is s/0/y

it seems like you're implying that metal is better than all the other music posted here because it's your personal preference, which is hilarious and outs you as either underage or somebody that really needs to grow up

youtube.com/watch?v=M09hXbzXW5I

youtube.com/watch?v=oMa-edPFxM8

youtube.com/watch?v=gGqGrig_Qn0

youtube.com/watch?v=FxYvS3y-uYU

GREENMACHiNE

metal is objectively the best genre

Attached: 46795327_307528303186472_3554393786027081728_o.jpg (1125x867, 52K)

the first sleep album

spot the numale

t. the guy who said metal is "objectively" the best genre, if you can't see how unfathomably large of a faggot that makes you I don't know what to tell you

>being so gay over a joke
I'm not even projecting, you're seriously a pedantic homosexual
no doubts about that

>tfw can't into sludge even though it's the only unique genre to come out of my city in the last 50 years
Music for this feel?

OP here, listened to Panopticon, Celestial, and Dopesick. I didn't really like Panopticon, felt too moody and some tracks didn't sound like metal lmao. Celestial and Dopesick are quite good though. Dopesick is fucking great.

Could never get into Mastodon. A lot of their songs are too anthemy imo. Especially on Crack the Skye which while I love the music I can't get past his non-scream vocals.

sludge

Thanks for the recs. I agree with the last part about sludge just being melodic black/death. I didn't wanna ask for melodic death metal recs and get recommended 7 churches and symbolic 800 times.

Cool. Continue here:

I unironically recommend Crowbar, they have some reaally sludge shit going on, although they're kinda cheese sometimes with "muh feels", give a try to their Broken Glass and/or Odd Fellows Rest and if you don't like either, don't bother with the rest