Faith No More - Album of the Year

So why wasn't this album like the tracks "Striptease" and "Ashes to Ashes"?
Would have made it perfect.

Attached: faithnomore_albumoftheyear.jpg (488x488, 90K)

Honourable mention: "Last Cup of Sorrow".

It's Patton dude, guy always has a few duds, even in AD

He's the most inconsistent artist on the planet.
He really needs to spend a good 2 years recording like 20-30 tracks then pick out the cream of the crop.

Yep I like TRT and AD but the OP album and King For a Day are borderline unlistenable for me

>The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
>Star A.D.
>Ugly In The Morning
>Digging the Grave
>King for a Day
>Just A Man

>borderline unlistenable

didnt this guy rape somebody?

or are all his fans fedora spork misogynist incels and dont give a shit?

There is literally nothing wrong with raping one of your fans live on stage.

Attached: pat.png (995x731, 215K)

That band fell off so hard after Angel Dust. Thankfully Mr. Bungle and Tomahawk picked up the slack.

>implying What a Day isn't one of the best songs on the album

Surprised to see people don't like King For a Day. Shit was awesome. It's actually feels like an (even) more accessible version of California with more metal in it. Not as good, but like a prototype version.

This is their best album and there are no duds.

Attached: KFAD.jpg (500x491, 66K)

gr8 b8 m9

Attached: 0 troll.jpg (200x200, 7K)

I actually wouldn't mind if they just replaced the band members with Mr Bungle.
At least that way they avoid getting kicked out of festivals with RHCP in it.

That RHCP-Bungle beef was fucking ridiculous. I like the Chilis, but Kiedis really is a self-important fucknugget.

Kiedis has always been a bit of an autist.

Probably because of Jim Martins departure. AD has solid tracks, but not as many as TRT or the Chuck albums. Patton came in when TRT was already written, just didn’t have vocals.

No I liked the darker twist the Bungle musicians added.
AD was like a different band to KFADFFAL

This. IMO AD and KFAD make a great pair because overall the band was being led by Patton, and were in a similar creative headspace. But swapping out Jim Martin (who was not really on board with the sound of AD) with Trey Spruance and Roddy Bottum's diminished presence on KFAD really help the two albums to feel like different sides of the same coin. It could have come off as too redundant but instead, it showed FNM's strengths in a different light.

I honestly think they were onto something in the mid to late 90s, expecially if they were listening to things like portishead.
But they just needed to work on it a bit more or something. They get it perfect in parts and then they'll randomly do a random jazz thing or metal thing which isn't done right (but might make sense given the music at the time with Ska and Nu-metal emerging)
It sorta just went with that and didn't work enough on that doomy/stoner/ trip hop sound.

This
Everyone rides Angel Dust's dick so hard. But KfaD is the patrician choice.

I think all the records from AD to AOTY had good shit mixed with crap.. it's a fucking odd period for a major label band. You don't see anything like it today.

If you're referring more to AOTY then I agree. It is a bit scatterbrained, even compared to AD and KFAD. But overall I think those two albums work pretty well as a whole. I don't have a massive problem with AOTY either, but it does feel a bit more inconsistent. I think they were starting to reach a point where their tastes were expanding to the point where they would have had to completely change their sound to keep experimenting like they were. In a lot of ways AOTY sounds more like a transition album into something else. But unfortunately they broke up instead.

It honestly feels like they were dealing with label issues perhaps too. That and I don't think they wanted to just continue the old sound because back then it must have aged really fucking quick. You look at alternative music around 1990 and then compare it to the same group of bands 4 years later - it's barely similar for some bands. It was honest to god experimentation.

Then around the mid 90's it began to dry and by 1999 the best experiment the industry had tried was nu metal with rock music.
They didn't even give black metal a chance I think. They also ignored other non rock genres which could have easily expanded rock into new genres that aren't even rock. Hell, many of the early 90's bands seemed to give it a crack, like with FNM in that period.. but I bet the labels weren't happy.