Explain this Yea Forums

Explain this Yea Forums.

Attached: 85E95073-2CCA-4537-9428-C20FE49BB60C.jpg (567x1022, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7qMXBUjm8tM
youtu.be/nRfrcaMJPnM
youtu.be/Ol_0srrhkKA
youtube.com/watch?v=IkMKFrT7NCg
youtube.com/watch?v=wp43OdtAAkM
youtube.com/watch?v=tpGkiZ7FGmg
youtube.com/watch?v=2SGRvhseH6I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

she's popular and there's more people on the earth now than in elvis' time

She got beat up and used it to exploit record sales. What dont you get?

utter shyte though

The music on her albums is pretty good and ppl like it. Ppl also like her.
Now dont post again while you are still underage.

beside the point

elvis blows

Just go find some le wrong generation subreddit for yourself if you can't into music. You have nothing to contribute here.

>we found love in a hopeless place X250
>work work work work work X200
Fuck off kid,

Yes when words are repeated the music is bad. We here are not ready for this level of masterful insight. Maybe theres a subreddit for you where you can find likeminded people who are capable of understanding you.

her music is shyte, she just makes your peepee tingle
since you know so much about reddit, just go back

1. There are more people on the planet now
2. Thanks to globalism, American popular music is accessible to almost all countries.
3. In the past, you sold records. Today, you stream. Streamings helps an artist to build interest for his/her music in the public very easily. A lot of people will never buy Rihanna's last album, but there are high chances that they will stream one of her music video.
4. When Chris Brown beat her up, there was an atmosphere of moral outcry in the USA and the West in general. It created a lot of attention for Rihanna

you forgot about lowest common denominators. its walmart tier music

Can you post like a top five of your fave albums. Not sure exactly what kind of pleb you are.

> you hurt my feelings post your stuff so I can be insulting
grow up faggot

>not liking shitty pop makes you a le wrong generation retard
Fucking poptimists deserve to be eradicated like rats.

t. le wrong generation

What do you have against pop music, and why do you think anyone who like some of it is a "poptimist"? We can't listen to pop music?

Take a long walk off a short pier. You’ll be making the world a better place.

>not liking pop
youtu.be/7qMXBUjm8tM

you can listen to whatever you want to kid, you seem like the target market

the house down when he belts

Posting bad albums doesn’t prove your point you know.

This is now a GOOD POP MUSIC THREAD
Bring it on, lads
youtu.be/nRfrcaMJPnM

Attached: 1547364669010.jpg (600x600, 56K)

Posting Björk before anyone else posts this Icelandic goddess
youtu.be/Ol_0srrhkKA

Attached: bork.jpg (736x1021, 117K)

>all her music is written for her by multiple professionals
>pretty, decent voice
>quiet; doesn't stir up controversy (for people like her)
>can project whatever personality you want onto her
My white cousins identify with her. Better than blood-sucking Beyonce, I don't complain.

As expected, you don't like pop music because of casual Yea Forums contrarianism.

I like artists like Björk, Beach Boys, Laurie Anderson, Simon & Garfunkel etc... and I see them as actual artists rather than tools of consumerism.

I don't even like Rihanna but I will never say that she doesn't have talent and is just a tool of consumerism. This song for example is quite good :
youtube.com/watch?v=IkMKFrT7NCg

The chords are amazing and her voice complement them very well, and this is something that I really like about her album "Anti"

>As expected, you don't like pop music because of casual Yea Forums contrarianism.
incorrect assumption to prop yourself up. cool
Bjork yes, beach boys no, laurie anderson hell yes but is that pop? simon and garfunkel yes. and rihanna no.

youtube.com/watch?v=wp43OdtAAkM
I want to hug Kate Bush

Attached: A96oVf1.gif (209x180, 1.18M)

>laurie anderson hell yes but is that pop
Experimental pop if you want.

People really overlook how big Rihanna is. She's almost as big as her forehead.

rip mark hollis
youtube.com/watch?v=tpGkiZ7FGmg

ok, i never thought of her as any kind of pop before. I mean, o superman got some airtime but that was about it wasnt it?
youtube.com/watch?v=2SGRvhseH6I

>Jesus
Jesus
>Jesus
Jesus

Attached: IMG_20190319_144741.jpg (1080x415, 49K)

social media, what can you do?

It's ironic how certain people think that they are different from people who waste their time on social media when they waste their time on a social media(Yea Forums)

all four are bad

There is her debut album "Big Science", the soundtrack of her movie "Home of the Brave", and a few other albums like "Strange Angels".

Attached: MI0003591298.jpg (500x500, 32K)

i would listen to rihanna over the beatles to be honest

never heard them on the radio though

No one is pretending that Yea Forums is less retarded with politics. /pol/ is a perfect example

social media, what can you do?

BASED

Le wrong generashun fags stay seething

samefagging kid is samefagging

so are the beatles, jackson, and elvis. to reach that large of an audience you need to make your music as accessible and generic as possible. it's almost as if pop music needs to be accessible to be popular.. wooww!!

sick of retards complaining why pop music is popular and their favorite obscure noise rock musician isn't appreciated by normies

>sick of retards complaining why pop music is popular
go back then

hmmm nah ;)

There are nearly 8 billion people on the planet and now there are markets in places outside the west.
That didn't exist before the 2010s other than with the Japanese market.

This. I don’t know anyone who actually likes Elvis.

Only those first two points matter.
The later two are irrelevant.

The fact is, per capita, people are buying less records and Rhianna got lucky with her timing. 10 years from now those non western markets will dry out thanks to "pirating" (i.e. sharing music).

The money most artists make now is with live performance. So expect a massive resurgence in rock music.
I don't see EDM, other than through raves, pulling in crowds for much longer. The novelty is starting to disappear. People just want to go to shows with mates and drink piss again, like the old days.

Beatles is better than your favorite band.

they make shit music for idiots. i know it hurts to know this but you'll be okay in a day or two

I thought that was a pic of Queen from the Bohemian Rhapsody video for a second.

You will grow out of your edgy phase one you turn 18 son. Don't worry mate keep it up.

i'm 32 and i grew out my edgy phase when i realized music was a reddit past time at 21

>32 and still on Yea Forums

OH NONONONONONONONONO

Attached: 1550231498318.gif (494x230, 1.01M)

>naive enough to think he's going to be one of the few people that stop posting on Yea Forums by the time he's 30
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1538096948209.jpg (500x576, 78K)

>32
>still falling for the beatles are shit meme
rotund yikes

cope

>32
>doesn't like music, posts on Yea Forums
>his posts are just contrarian garbage for the sake of being annoying
>claims to have been like this since he was 21, over 10 years ago
Obviously this isn't true and you're a retarded teenager, but why do you larp as somebody so pathetic?
Why do you post on a website for music discussion if you don't like music?

sneed

>be black
>be female
that's literally all you need in today's world

50 years you couldn't get far at all if you were those, so I guess it's good that the playing field is leveled, right?

agree

yes

Attached: 558.jpg (200x210, 10K)

na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na hey jude

good argument friendo :^)

Something funny that I remarked, as a Black man, is that if I succeed, people will say that I was favored because of my Blackness, and if I fail, people will say that there is something inherent to my Blackness that caused my failure. People don't see me as an individual with capacities and predicaments unique to him.

That's why I decided to study outside of the USA because I don't want to have any form of A.Action that would insult to my dignity as a Black man, as well as other things that I planned to do to clean my Afro-dignity.

Funnily enough, you can't believe that Rihanna maybe was able to attain the success she attained because of hard work, good connections, good marketing and a good voice. No. All you will say is that her Blackness was somewhat a factor for (((some important people))) to support her

This is very interesting. But if I someone say that Danielle Bregoli is popular because of her White-ness, HE IS THE RACIST!

You probably think that you are "redpilled" and know everything about how the world works, but on the contrary you are a blue-pilled idiot who doesn't know anything about the real world and whose entire understanding is based on bullshit you saw on the internet. Go outside man, get out of the Yea Forums matrix. The Black-ness of Rihanna is not the reason why she is popular.

I would even argue that if Rihanna wouldn't be as popular if she was Blacker. There is a blatant issue of colorism in the music industry and the only people who don't see it are people who don't want to see it. Rihanna is popular because of her mulatto-ness.

Attached: 12isbs-voodoo-f_12_1328343e.jpg (318x466, 31K)

the joke explained: I made fun of people, saying success is based on skin color