Is electronic music good? Or is it just a meme?

Is electronic music good? Or is it just a meme?

Attached: stars1245902_1920.jpg (1920x1279, 733K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4sk0uDbM5lc
youtu.be/8XtqUOegCv8
youtube.com/watch?v=pV_vGe5ifo4
clyp.it/pantodjb
youtube.com/watch?v=5crdJgQcR3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ihyQf8mww3o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Depends who you ask, i like electronic music although i know little about it.

Of course it is. Put simply, synthesisers and sampling can create universes impossible with conventional instruments such as twangy guitars.

youtu.be/4sk0uDbM5lc
youtu.be/8XtqUOegCv8

there's pretty much an infinite number of ways in which you can modify and play an electric guitar though

Not compared to, y'know, basically manipulating sound waves to make the exact sound you want.

Not wanting an argument, I like plenty of different types of music, but sonic experimentation is a lot less common elsewhere. People get too hung up on "musicianship" or whatever.

I totally disagree. You can modify the way a guitar sounds in an infinite number of ways, the only limits are your imagination. Reducing that to “twangy guitars” is wrong

It's really hard to get right and it's a rare treat when someone does

provide an example pls

Electronic music means so many things as to be an almost meaningless designation. Of course there is good music that falls under its purview.

youtube.com/watch?v=pV_vGe5ifo4

Like any genre, its not inherently good or bad. For instance the music of Demarcus Williams is both very bad, while the music of Squarepusher is amazing.

clyp.it/pantodjb
youtube.com/watch?v=5crdJgQcR3Q

Attached: CrcDRMg.jpg.png (1136x640, 350K)

Electronic instruments are very promising musically and certainly very fun to use. But there is no such thing as “electronic music,” only other musics arrangements electronically. A conventional house track played on acoustic or electric instruments (guitars, drums, piano) would just sound like rock or rnb.

>Is non-electronic music good? Or is it just a meme?

guitars can do more than twang, you presumptuous little twit. and Jon Hopkins' music is shallow and trite

Attached: kfw.jpg (507x510, 60K)

>electronic thread immediately derailed by insecure guitar faggot
Fuck off. Yes you can make a few sounds with a guitar. No you can't do anywhere near the level of sound experimentation that's possible with synths, samplers, and computers.

t. played guitar for 13 years, probably a lot better than you. Also make electronic music.

Electronic music is not a genre

jesus christ you're upset. did your dad rape you with a guitar or something?

What makes jon hopkins shallow to you?

I was just responding to a dumb erroneous comment about guitars

If that poster is upset it's only because you "anti-electronic" brainlets have been saying the same ignorant nonsense for decades and it's about time you get a clue

electronic is too broad of a term.

genres like glitch, minimal techno, nu-disco, and future bass are great.

dubstep, most trance, riddim, and other heavy bass genres are retarded.

EDM culture as a whole is fucking pathetic.

I'm not anti electronic. I'm just baffled by his autism.

name all the instruments

youtube.com/watch?v=ihyQf8mww3o

i love that he sampled a fucking chair scraping across the floor.

>tfw the only things the music industry seems to know what to do with electronic music are that shortlived dubstep fad and the generic-ass EDM-sphere
are they like intentionally fucking up or what

Attached: 1504535751472.jpg (900x900, 65K)

its all about money. kids with rich parents buy festival tickets at 400 a pop. half of them go to enjoy the music, the other half to do molly and fuck strangers.

>is [gigantic umbrella genre] any good?

Attached: 12842336574866.jpg (1064x1600, 583K)

sure there's a hussle there and that's fine but there's no reason all the actually good music that just gets ignored shouldn't be treated with more respect by the industry at large, there's plenty of money being left on the table in that regard imo

guiturds are the n***rs of music

if you want to get a peek to the "mind" of a guitarist, just see the /gg/ thread right now, some top brains right there discussing guitar matters.