What are some good Spotify alternatives?

What are some good Spotify alternatives?
First they removed Boredoms and now they've removed almost all of Lightning Bolt's catalogue. This fucking sucks, why do they hate noise rock that's actually good?

Attached: 61GqIXlVHPL.jpg (500x500, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/floflo79/not_on_spotify_____/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Spotify
lol bluepilled af

Soulseek and Redacted
Also nodata.tv

Still on GPM

establish some stable income and support your local record store :)

based
spare a redacted invite maybe?

They still have Dinosaur Jr, Big Black, Melt Banana, Arab on Radar, Black Eyes, Brainbombs, Rectal Hygienics and loads of other noise rock discographies. Even some obscure stuff. Spotify is actually pretty good for finding obscure shit. It's mostly just Japanese bands that have incomplete to non-existant discographies on there.

Pray to god it'll be back in like a week or less, like Madvillainy and Endtroducing

I still want Street Horsing by Fuck Buttons to be re-added to their selection. I feel like LB's catalog is going to be re-added soon, when they clear some legal stuff etc.

yeah, but why are they purging stuff? This sucks.

OH NO NO NO STREAMFAGS
HOW ARE YOU GONNA DEFEND THIS?
BE A GOOD GOY AND PAY UP TO THE BIG GREEN MAN, SPOTIFY, M'KAY

Bump

I don't know if TIDAL is available in the US, but it's pretty good. It has two brackets, the cheaper one costs the same as spotify, but the more expensive one has HiFi streaming.

If you can't pass the interview you shouldn't be on red

Napster has a pretty good selection and they pay artists the best. Their algorithm for radio is non-existent, but if you're not a pleb and you listen to albums you should be fine. I just checked and Boredoms only have one album and Lightning Bolt is missing your pic album.

Attached: Screenshot_20190316-190703.png (720x1440, 251K)

redacted sucks real chads use waffles

Hows the quality from Napster tho. I know its all shit, but how does it compare to the rest of the shit? Is it a solid, satisfying turd or a greasy hangover beershit?

It can do 320 AAC which sounds pretty good to me

>used to be a pleb and waste time and HD space dling every album
>Have to tediously keep my backup hd updated
>still lugging around my extra 160 GB Ipod Classic
>try a spotify trial
>tfw literally everything I could want on demand
>albums at the click of a finger
>even an offline mode for when I won't have internet
So convenient
Feels good

Attached: 1526154643231.jpg (680x715, 38K)

I had Tidal for a week, it was neat because it had Joanna Newsom I guess

That’s all still on Apple Music. I use to hate Apple, but this service has a reasonably wide selection.

if everything you want is on spotify you are more of a pleb than OP

Name me 5 things that are essential listens that I can't find on Spotify...
If anything if it's something I really wanted then that's just one thing I have to dl and then can transfer to my phone. Problem solved

just use iTunes

>If I type in all caps someone will pay attention to me
Here’s your (you), buddy.

->
he's right, lack of albums on spotify fucking blow, but it allows for local files so you can still download it and put it on spotify to get that format. I use it whenever I can't find an album and I can sync it to my phone, its pretty convenient.

spotify is trash for its format and lack of custominzation options, not its availability.
if thats your major complaint you're a lazy fucking loser

Attached: Yes2.jpg (499x499, 170K)

>Name me 5 things that are essential listens that I can't find on Spotify...
Here's 6 and a list of a shit ton of others
>Lightning Bolt
>Boredoms
>Pere Ubu
>King Crimson
>This Heat
>Henry Cow
rateyourmusic.com/list/floflo79/not_on_spotify_____/
It's gotten to the point where when I look for an album on spotify, I only have maybe a 40% chance of actually finding it there. Spotify's catalog is limited as fuck.

streamzoomers are the cancer that killed this board

*awah wah wawawah*
DUNA NUNA NUNA NUNA
DUNANUDNANDAUDA
DUANUANUANUANDAUN
DAUNDANDA
DRRR DAU DDRR DRDUDA DRR DRRU
DRR DUA DUAD AUDA

Kek, literally grandpa tier whos
No thanks.

>calling me lazy when I dl all the albums I like
no you dummy

>calling any of those artists literally whos
Get off of this board and go back to r/hiphopheads

>some of the most influential essentials of pop music
>literally whos
you need to go back

I'm not an oldfag, so they're irrelevant in my eyes and from what I've heard on YT they sound dated..
I'll just be content listening to the current artist who they influenced and have probably surpassed atm.

If those are the artist I'm missing out on by using Spotify, then it's not really making me regret my decision. If they ever remove people like Michael Jackson, Avril Lavigne, Radiohead etc then we'll talk

>Radiohead
>he likes fucking radiohead
yeah you really need to go back Jesus fucking Christ

They removed YUI's solo stuff but kept FLOWER FLOWER(YUI's new band).

Spotify is fucking gay.
Fucking streaming shit, it's gay.

For the same reason Netflix purges stuff.
They don't have the rights to a lot of shit for a long time.

Streaming is a rip-off(unless you're streaming illegally from youtube or some shit)

>HiFi streaming
HiFi is 24bit/96khz and above
16bit/44.1 is just CD quality

Some Japanese digital services like Mora offer 24bit/96khz but the West as usual is full of luddites so at best we get CD quality.

We should be getting DSD1024 on SD Cards by now to revitalize the physical market.
Just get rid of fucking PCM/CD's forever, stupid outdated technology.
Streaming is for faggots and will never make the music industry as popular as it was back then.

>streaming illegally from youtube
Let me just let off some autism here. Streaming from youtube is not illegal. Even streaming from sketchy streaming sites like putlocker and 123movies is not illegal. It's illegal for the hosts to upload that stuff to stream, and it's illegal for you to download it, but it is not illegal to stream. You can't be punished for streaming copyrighted stuff online, because there are no laws regarding streaming, only for uploading and downloading.

You know what I mean faggot.

>lugging around my extra 160 GB iPod Classic
>lugging
>5.7 oz
wow don't blow your back out carrying all that extra weight on you

Attached: ipod weight.png (627x215, 68K)

i upload my music files to google play music, they have a 50K song cap so ints pretty cool, works the same way as spotify, you can download your stuff using wifi or data as well as listening to it on the road using data

yeah. that's why I said I was going to be autistic for a little.

Spotify doesn't have Pantera's glam albums or Xcaliber but other than that and whatever oldfag popcore shit y'all've been mentioning it's pretty good.

Why carry an iPod when you already have a phone
>"Do you guys not have phones????"

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

>"Spotify has everything you could need guys XD"
>Michael Jackson, Avril Lavigne, Radiohead
absolute fucking state of this board

based phone user

That's a waste of picket space that could be used for something else. Especially in the spring/summer when I don't have as many

Literally just download them on Soulseek mate. If I can't find an album on there, I just download it.

this board is for commentary on music. not that you have to be a history major or a music theorist, but the bare minimum of listening to objectively influential music is necessary to have an opinion worthy of discussion.

also if this is just shitposting, i don't care i can type forever and not get tired

give me a job