This

Attached: Screenshot_20190315-172207.jpg (1080x1258, 578K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uXBQqLhWPys
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wish he would release instrumental versions

>OMG Swans!
>OMG Soiboy Carti!

Attached: 8a4.jpg (448x441, 22K)

>OMG Rehashed memes!

P’ierre should, he’s literally every single track

What? Is that a rapper man on the bottom?

gayboy carti sucks

Whole Lotta Red WHENNNN

I FELL IN LOVE
WITH THE LOVE

Yikes

If you aren't on board with Carti by now you're basically a gigantic cuck

Attached: 53ab1b015a273eb5d3544c9d72b06e01.jpg (610x677, 56K)

reminder this is going to be song of the year
youtube.com/watch?v=uXBQqLhWPys

there is no artistic merit to trap music you fucking consumerist pleb idiot

These fanbases are synonymous. Both plebian.

Neither is there any artistic merit in Swans' output. Read Adorno and then exclusively listen to classical music if you care about artistic merit in your music.

I already read Adorno and listen to classical music you pleb

Then you should know that Swans is just as much a part of the culture industry as Playboi Carti...

How deluded do you have to be to think this

t. Hasn't actually read Adorno

>actually thinking carti is anything but mediocre
yikes

Adorno's work no longer forms the backbone of Marxist or any other form of artistic criticism, you moron. He died early, before non-classical genres came into their own artistically. Of course he'd feel that way about everything that isn't classical music; before around 1960, all non-classical music was expressly made for mass consumption

That being said trap music is inherently a highly commercial enterprise and should be critiqued as such. There is no such thing as 'art trap' and you're a fool for comparing Swans to anyone making trap music. I don't even like Swans but I feel compelled to defend them against retarded shit like what you and the OP are peddling

What difference is there between Gira screaming "blackout" for 4 minutes or Carti rapping about drugs or whatevs for 4 minutes? Both tracks are backed by mindnumbingly simple instrumentals made to placate the masses: music made for sheep.

>implying adornofags know anything about classical music or music in general.

On some level I agree, Swans's discigraphy is needlessly massive and pretty redundant. However, you really can't lump SFTB in with Children of God and The Great Annihilator the same way you can lump together all their no wave stuff or all the nu-Swans stuff. It's just too unique.
Also not even gonna mention the obvious bait.

If your interpretation of Adorno's concept of the culture industry is "no art can be genuine in a capitalist society," then you're the one who needs to read Adorno.
The culture industry describes a cycle where artistic innovation is constantly being reabsorbed into the culture industry and used to create artificial culture aimed at selling records (in the case of music), acting as a surrogate for actual cultural developments. This doesn't mean all music made under capitalism is worthless, or pandering. It described a general trend.

Art can be genuine under capitalism. Swans isn't art.

listened to the last Carti album. those adlibs legit gave me a migrane, I've never been bothered by adlibs before but this constant "ayy ooohh ayy ay oohhh" that constantly rings over the vocals felt like a siren in my ear the more I listened to the album.

Why’s that?

this bait never fails to trigger you fags.

Soiboy carti is just more nigger muzak for people who only watch Fast and Furious movies.