'13' by Blur is 20 years old

Damon Albarn's strange, emotional, and abstract masterpiece with Blur, '13' has turned 20 years old today!

I don't really care much for Blur, I liked Gorillaz when I was a kid, but I still find myself coming back to this album every now and then. Does anyone else feel like this may be the best thing he's done?

Attached: Screenshot_20190315-170549~2.png (720x1038, 700K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=czSZ2djVRdI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no, parklife is better

I remember that woohoo song

I don't remember anyone calling this a masterpiece before

These guys bullied Nardwuar, fuck them

Happy birthday, 13!
One of my personal favorites. Definitely the best Blur album, probably the best thing Damon's ever been involved with.

I pat my own back sometimes too op

Only britbongs think that.

>These guys bullied Nardwuar
Based

that 3 song streak of trimm trabb, trailerpark and caramel is really good, the best blur album.

Attached: rate.jpg (2168x300, 566K)

>liking Nardwuar

Great Escape > Think Tank > Parklife > Modern Life is Rubbish > Self Titled > 13 > Leisure

Think Tank > 13 > anything else

13 > Leisure > Blur > Think Tank > everything else

More like the best think William Orbit's done since the album is like 90% production but yes, it's a really enjoyable album that came totally out of left-field at the time

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Magic Whip

>trying to pretend this doesn't exit

Attached: 71RL8zh3xtL._SL1425_.jpg (1425x1425, 153K)

good cd, its frontloaded though imo

youtube.com/watch?v=czSZ2djVRdI

fuck, I used to have this song on repeat after my first breakup as a teen when I wanted to kill myself (I was like 15), the lyrics are brutal

Battery In Your Leg is similarly devastating thanks to the story behind it

Oh yeah
Magic whip is my 3rd place, above Parklife

STICK IT IN MY VEINS

is Damon the most unapologetic heroin user to continue his career pretty much unimpeded after it became public?

it's a shame he's fried his brain since he went back to using in the mid/late 00s, he made easily his best work during his first period of addiction but pushed it too far, when Zane Lowe was interviewing him for the Humanz announcement he could barely put a full sentence together

>Does anyone else feel like this may be the best thing he's done?
With blur yes, solo I fancy the Monkey Journey to the west Opera , without seeing the play "heavenly peaches banquet" made me cry my eyes out, you should take a listen

seconding this

*out of mainstream, popular artists
-I should qualify, since obviously plenty of cult post-punk and metal bands etc. are founded on open-secret drug use

>STICK IT IN MY VEINS
Fuck, his delivery of that line is perfect. It's such a rush.

it's a good album