/vinyl/

post your collection / what are you spinning / recent buys? / discuss

Attached: 20190314_230241.jpg (4032x3024, 3.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/King-Crimson-In-The-Court-Of-The-Crimson-King-An-Observation-By-King-Crimson/release/12325063
discogs.com/King-Crimson-In-The-Court-Of-The-Crimson-King-An-Observation-By-King-Crimson/release/2287669
discogs.com/user/erochelle77/collection
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

those better not be stacked up

nah the pic came out like that for some reason which is strange cus posting it elsewhere it came out right side up

Recently purchased:
Zappa - Joe's Garage Acts 1-3
Yes - Close to the Edge
Radiohead - In Rainbows
Animal collective - Strawberry Jam

Please get better shelving before you buy more records

yeah im planning on buying something more appropriate for my stuff, its gonna have records, books, manga, comics, figures, movies, maybe some other stuff

I bought Ex.mil. on discogs for $200+ and waiting for it to arrive. I might kill someone if it turn out to be a fucking bootleg

+strawberry jam
i saw it at a record store once but didnt get it because i didnt like it as much at the time

Hi

Attached: 6F35EFD2-AD37-4BCD-8EC2-1737F82B126A.jpg (4032x3024, 2.58M)

Why the fuck is it so expensive? Just looked it up on discogs and most are over $600

Spinning this shiat today

nice

Attached: IMG_7213.jpg (750x967, 215K)

>Genesis A Trick of the Tail
Good one, I also have that, The Lamb and Selling England on original Charisma pressings.
I also have all the Tom Verlaine records and a heap of commie Amiga GDR rebrands/reissues.

lysflath is honestly a 10 to me

They are kinda illegal and will never be pressed again because of shit expensive samples. It's also really nice to have on physical since you can't really stream it besides youtube

Weezer-
Pinkerton
White
Red Deluxe
Black
Radiohead- In Rainbows

Attached: hmm.jpg (4032x3024, 3.26M)

That Fragile LP is fucking incredible. One of the best sounding that I own. Imagine had they mastered it at half speed. Would sound even better. but it would probably be 5 LPs lol

post some rare stuff

Attached: unknown.jpg (1600x1200, 1.52M)

Original pressing of Damaged that I just bought yesterday

Attached: 29330C2D-4C30-4EC3-8178-A8B1E240CB93.jpg (750x1124, 181K)

listening to center right now, pretty good

Attached: belichick.jpg (1000x600, 158K)

Just got pic related as a gift from a friend that works for the same company as me. Pretty stoked about it

Attached: 20190315_114618.jpg (4128x3096, 3.23M)

Got this for $3 in really good condition

Attached: 81E82832-17AB-4366-873C-7C28BE6E49AF.jpg (1125x1491, 475K)

Attached: 1543783559562.jpg (750x979, 102K)

ITCOTKC is rare? Since when?

Is that some sort of test pressing?

yeah thats the photo from the dicogs entry for the test pressing. apparently they want 2200CDN for it
discogs.com/King-Crimson-In-The-Court-Of-The-Crimson-King-An-Observation-By-King-Crimson/release/12325063

Duster box set is the moon dust colored one.
Both of my shelves are completely full now and I haven't even tried putting in the De La records.
Wish more people would post their collection vertically like that so it's easier to read.
>outer sleeves on all of them
Nice.
Any way you can tell it's a test pressing and not just an original pressing with no sleeve and the label torn off? Seems odd for a tripfag to have a fifty year old test pressing of a classic album.

Attached: 20190315_140557.jpg (2016x1512, 532K)

How beneficial are outer sleeves realistically?

They help prevent dust from getting onto the record and scuffing / scratching if you bump the thing on something while taking it off the shelf.
Also they make the records come off the shelf easier.

i have them on all my records. I dont have wear on even the oldest ones...

only downside is that they're somewhat more slippery and slide off of things, so you gotta position them well. Also makes the cover art somewhat murky to look at if you get ones that aren't fully transparent.

if you dont get good ones, you might as well not have them at all. I have seen cheap ones take the paper off the cover

Where can I buy some? Most of my records don’t have them

your local record shop? amazon will have them.

>Side A ends but you are too high to flip the record

What do?

put another record on top of it and play that one

Side A again

yes
i can tell it's a test pressing by the matrix numbers

so you are RecordOlli

stupid tripfag
pic with timestamp or you just took the pic from discogs to get (You)s

>Not filtering trips
Why?

record is in a box in my garage right now. Check the discogs though, I just took my listing down

I remember him making a thread trying to figure out if it was a tp or not. He's legit.

If you used your phone its just Yea Forums removing the info that might give us your isp no worries

well holy shit
sorry dude. where the fuck did you find that thing

Based thats some good bomer shit right there

Is there any other evidence that it's a test pressing, because it seems that more than likely it's variant 3 of this discogs.com/King-Crimson-In-The-Court-Of-The-Crimson-King-An-Observation-By-King-Crimson/release/2287669
I understand that the "1 1 8 ; 1 1 7" are apart of variant 3's runouts, so for you to actually differentiate the two and prove that it's not that you would need to take actual pictures of the runouts.

I also had Crest of a Knave for $5 but I don’t like that record. I really want a Passion Play Vinyl, the best JT album

Only ever bought from my local shop. How safe is discogs? I’ve heard good things but I’m just so skeptical about buying stuff from strangers and allowing normie UPS guys to deliver something as delicate as vinyl, maybe that sound sounds pretentious. I just don’t want to buy something that sounds and or looks like shit

yoko, for real. nice cover though

ive bought a dozen lps and havent been let down once. everyone seems pretty chill.
I only got one bad one on ebay (said VG+ was actually G and the fucker disappeared)out of maybe two dozen

No worries. Found it at a record store in Vancouver.
Fuck. I had pictures of the runouts on my computer at one time, but I can't find them. There's definitely a possibility that it is a variant and I got ripped off. But I clearly remember than it does not have 1 1 8 ; 1 1 7 in the runout

If you're after a very specific release ask them to check it first. I've been sent black vinyl, when im after the coloured version on more than 1 occasion. also the reverse has happened.

bros im so fucking pissed my la cucaracha vinyl was supposed to come today but got delayed

Attached: fun.jpg (3866x2898, 2.73M)

>Tfw poor and in uni right now and can’t buy much vinyl
I actually get anxious over this fact

Ordered the last stage of Everywhere at the end of time, I can't wait lads

Attached: IMG_20190217_235644291.jpg (3264x1836, 1.55M)

I was looking at The Idler Wheel earlier, but it’s like $150

Ceres & Calypso in the Deep Time is like $250

Attached: 4C44F466-799C-4325-9075-F666FDBA4DD7.jpg (4032x3024, 3.86M)

>Heroes

my nigga, it's better than Low

I have a super beat up Nice Pair, I'll post it later. One of my favorite packages though

Recent buys

An Evening with Wild Man Fischer
Safari with Sabu- Louis Sabu Martinez
Sonny Bono- Inner Views
Vanity 6
Schoolly D- Smoke Some Kill

Is that an original pressing of lonesome crowded west? I need

Question to all vinyl nerds
My records aren't stacked, they're all placed upright in a row, but they kind of lean on each other a bit. Has been like that for years. Will that bend them? Don't know how to store them completely upright.

>Ceres & Calypso in the Deep Time is like $250
No, it's not. Black version last sold for $30, white version sold for $40.

Attached: ss+(2019-03-15+at+04.07.09).png (1253x686, 38K)

It's a Glacial Pace repress, but packaging is still identical. Sounds pretty good too, mastered at Chicago Mastering Service

should be fine, as long as not leaning too much.

How much you spend on that?

Very much so, I steal them from Amoeba all the time.

How does that lioness pressing sound?

Just picked up a technics 1310 off of craigslist. Only real issue is that the speed doesnt calibrate well, the dials cause it to speed up and slow down like a funhouse mirror. Gonna open it all the way up and spray some deposit all over to see if it does the trick. Anybody have experience with this sort of thing?
Anyway, recent purchases include things we lost in the fire by low, my woman by angel Olsen, charm of the highway strip by magnetic fields, and tauhid by pharoah sanders

Recently got Fragile. Shit is so good.

That's sick

Saw this at a half price store for $10 so I snagged it, with no knowledge of what it was like.
It's pretty cool, nothing super mind blowing, but a fun listen.
Plus the vinyls are a deep blue and they look neato

Attached: 81z4EL7r20L._SX355_.jpg (355x318, 48K)

around $180 CAD

section T-Z

Attached: r8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.33M)

n e w

Attached: 20190315_233205.jpg (4032x3024, 3.5M)

Got all of these for $10 each. All sealed first pressings.

Attached: 20190315_173423.jpg (4032x3024, 3.66M)

I have been spending so fucking much on vinyl lately, here are some recent pickups I'm quite happy with

Attached: 20190315_235942.jpg (4160x3120, 3.88M)

+just about everything
good buys

>Ceres & Calypso
Got two copies of the original black pressing when it first came out cos the distro sent me two by accident.
Absolutely garbage pressing, both have tons of distortion and are horribly off-centre. Least the sleeve looks nice in a picture frame.

and a few more I like

Attached: 20190316_010724~2.jpg (4160x2575, 1.72M)

what's the one above can?

by- by bygones, Zach Hill and Nick Reinhart's band, you should check it out if you like math rock

cool thanks!

Why can't they be stacked?

It can warp your records.

SOphisticated

sounds like a steal, nice pickup

Does anyone know why I get distortion when getting near the end of a record?

Part of the collection + most recent purchase

Attached: 20190315_215558.jpg (4032x1960, 2.48M)

But why

discogs.com/user/erochelle77/collection

Picked up Sketches of Brunswick East at my local record store today, along with YOTS and KSG

surface it’s on may not be level. Maybe the needle could be a tad too far to the left or right (if so just push softly with cloth covered finger)