So who was better?

So who was better?
Who had the single best album?

Attached: Cohen, Dylan, Van, Young.jpg (1600x1600, 476K)

Neil Young, no question

Dylan
Blood on the Tracks

I think Bob is real competitive, but Van takes it away. He's just a complete package. Moondance, Astral Weeks, St Dominics Preview, and good work with Them is unmissable and electric.

Dylan is great, no denying that. But even his best stuff doesn't hit me as hard, or sound as beautiful as Van's best

Cohen is a great songwriter who was able to perform his own music competently and sincerely but you're really there for the words. He makes music, but is probably the least musical person on this list if you get what I'm saying.

I kind of think Neil Young sucks cock. I think Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere is an incredible record but I've never been sold on any of his other works.

>Who was/is better overall?
Neil Young
>Who had the best single album?
Bob Dylan (Blonde on Blonde)

Cohen, Songs of Leonard Cohen

I think Bob has the longest strong body of work but it is spread out. Blonde on Blonde is the summation of a scene and his work at the time, but it's also not a 10/10.

All of Neil's work past 1979 is embarrassing.

Young > Dylan > Cohen > Van

Dylan had the best single album. Blonde on Blonde.

this board needs to take up an interest in Van's work.

Astral Weeks was pretty firmly Yea Forumscore at one point but I'm not sure the status of the album now frankly

And that's a good record but it's maybe not even his best. Moondance is a fucking blast.

Dylan is probably the best because his lyrics are far and away the best.
Best album is Moondance by Morrison

I think we had this thread last year and the first 8 or 9 posts were all Van

Morrison > Dylan > Cohen > Young

Astral Weeks, Moondance, Veedon Fleece and Common One are all masterpieces, and Van released several other solid albums. Dylan is surprisingly consistent, had a few duds in the 80s and 90s, but everything else is a worthwhile listen. Cohen is good, but he never made an Astral Weeks or Blonde on Blonde. Never been able to get into Neil Young.

I'd argue that Songs of Love and Hate is on the level of Astral Weeks
I also have a particular affinity for New Skin for the Old Ceremony, but recognize that it's more from a personal preference than critical clout

dylan > morrison > cohen > young
neil young didn't make a single good song after Tonight's the Night and he's appallingly overrated
morrison is underrated as fuck and his late '70s work is fantastic

also, best album of those four is Blonde on Blonde
both based as fuck, van morrison didn't fall off at all until 1980 and that's a feat

am I supposed to know who any of these boomers are?

>holding bass as if it was a guitar

Dylan>Cohen>Young>Morrison

It's the same for best albums. Which would be Highway 61>Songs of Love and Hate>Everybody Knows This is Nowhere>Astral Weeks

>bass guitar

Moondance is better than any of those records.

You really don't like Trans?

>Neil Young didn't make a single good song after Tonight's the Night
Yikes. Have you heart Rust Never Sleeps? It's one of his best albums. Harvest Moon? No? You only listen to the albums Yea Forums mentions? Fuck off

Attached: file.png (486x291, 22K)

Cohen >>>> Neil > Bob > Garbage > Van

Are we discussing the merits of songwriting or are we talking about fucking music?

neil young's live material is completely worthless
the dude couldn't play the guitar to save his life

Tonight's the Night is as much a live album as Rust Never Sleeps. Keep trying

Cohen > Dylan > Van > Young
Dylan has the best album, Blonde on Blonde of course. Leonard Cohen has the most consistently good stuff. Don’t care much for Van but I still respect him as an artist. Neil Young makes embarrassing shit. Boring prog guitar solos mixed with awful lyrics and singing. Easily the worst of the four.

>>>>>>POETIC
>>>>>>NEIL YOUNG
fuck off

what an awful opinion

Van > Cohen > Neil > Dylan

Cohen is the better lyricist
Young has the highest combined levels of songwriting + guitar playing
Dylan is the whole package
Morrison is good but just comes out last when up against those other three

young>>>> dylan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest

Is Cohen really that good?

Yes