stringtensionpro.com/
>Music theory:
musictheory.net/lessons
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
youtube.com/channel/UCXU3GYv5qEzuPePqXOJBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

previous thread

Attached: les paul custom.jpg (962x962, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7OViGeYENJA
youtube.com/watch?v=pE92WXtE-Y0
youtube.com/watch?v=0fO6BYuMIeE
vocaroo.com/i/s1jFBtbzA6Bo
youtube.com/watch?v=WHVPaifiBuY
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_oXBvr8AhU
youtube.com/watch?v=tKP34ebmas8
youtube.com/watch?v=rA7Ltq9HGkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zQjdDuK3g-4
youtube.com/watch?v=gRNpc-hFkCs
reverb.com/item/17869535-gibson-les-paul-custom-lite
youtube.com/watch?v=F6jS00k0XtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jf4xYCMtFVg
youtube.com/watch?v=DsmKQAk7ftk&t=495
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkGCvLstPrE
scontent.fbhz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/11178217_480890145392858_9126169958990067375_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fbhz1-1.fna&oh=09e4113158f9c937d5b2ffd57ecb406b&oe=5D0860B9
youtu.be/i3k-ZTWl9mg
youtube.com/watch?v=G6M-51TDu7E
youtu.be/t5TBbV5DdHg
youtu.be/SYJb8e2NDd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>playing bass stoned
best feel ever

>playing bass
your iq is two digit, right?

should i pick up a seagull s6 seems like everyone already has one

>the basslet meme
I bought it recently and my fragile guitarist hands still hurt, but still a fun instrument to play along tracks to

Im an intermediate guitar player. I say that cause I can learn any song in a week by now and can play songs that the YouTube teachers label as intermediate. But I want to learn more songs and get better at improvising. To get better at improvising I’m learning some theory but it’s help me if you guys gave me some tips on which songs I should learn that help develop your understanding of guitar.

Also I’d like to learn songs I can play through completely from start to finish. So no solos or etc. Not that I don’t like them but I like to sing and play so any suggestions. I see a lot of nick drake on this board are there any songs you’d recommend to learn by him

based on my experience all those memes are actually true
also, what genres you play?

Truly I don’t even know if learning songs is the best way to get good but every time I learn a song I feel like it teaches me 5-6 concepts at once just give a guy who’s been playing a year and a half some tips on what to get better at. If you’re curious as to what I can play right now just ask me

Is the short scale "plink" sound really because of the length?

Just math and post rock if you don't count the edgy metal phase, but for bass I just play along to shit from like lebanon hanover and joy division

Yes. They try to compensate for it with 1MΩ pots, but it's a core part of the sound of the instrument.

well, at least you dont play metal where bass lines copy rhythm guitar octave down

Fuck, my small manlet hands have confined me to manlet tier tone

>metal bass lines copy rythm octave lower
Not all, but I get where you're coming. There are some metal bands with actual decent bassists writing up their own lines

Giant Steps

Attached: 12387612368.jpg (958x980, 90K)

sup, famalam

Attached: ironmaiden_steveharris_02.jpg (398x600, 26K)

Pick up a taylor gs mini if you want a meme guitar that everyone owns

Im good you guys are useless...

What the hell is the short scale plink sound

What have my fellow bass players been up to?
Im working on the songs for my first album I know I wont make it big or some shit but I really just want to do it

Attached: 1550878822779.jpg (638x629, 44K)

okay I see fire by ed sheeran, he does a pretty cool pull-off thing in the main riff and I think it's a nice pop song. /gg/ isn't your personal guitar teacher but good luck to you user

Attached: 123876123542.jpg (636x421, 59K)

Riverman

woops
meant for

youtube.com/watch?v=7OViGeYENJA

>I can learn any song in a week
Cool, go learn to play this.
youtube.com/watch?v=pE92WXtE-Y0

Why do you get salty it wasn’t meant as a brag. God musicians are the biggest bunch of uppity fsggots ever. You limp wristed ducks are just salty cause you learned guitar to try to get pussy but chicks still won’t look at you’re manlets asses.

Don't say you can learn to play anything in a week when you're talking about the basic chords to a tune.

Thank you sir thanks I’ll learn that I like the sound of it

>you are this angry

I wasn’t but thanks. Dude simple as this is beat your ass in person that’s why you’re such a pretentious fag online to assert your dominance to dudes who are bigger, stronger, better looking then you without getting your ass whooped. At the end of the day you’ll probably end up hanging yourself cause I bet you you’re ‘depressed’ you’re a faggot bro just take ur ass to a ditch and lie there

>you are still this angry

You're a fucking rank amateur, stop talking shit just because you can figure out the base chords to a tune in a week, as if that's something remotely impressive.

Why aren't we all sucking Mark Lettieri's cock?
youtube.com/watch?v=0fO6BYuMIeE

That’s not true I don’t like to play plain boring songs but ok.... you’re exactly as I described u huh

>pretty much every headphone uses a 3.5mm jack
>multi effects pedals use a 6.35mm jack for the headphone output

Why?

I received this with missing knobs, which is OK since pretty much any potentiometer knob will fit. It sounds good, just like the bigger G3X which I had previously, works as a USB audio interface, etc. I don't know why, but my guitar sounds sooooo quiet through it.

Time to relearn guitar now.

Attached: zoom mfx.jpg (1119x673, 70K)

Not that angry but if I am it’s probably cause of my high test levels due to my huge cock.

I’m not Reeeeee ing just somewhat upset and I talk in an exgereated format.

hey ya'll. I listen to a lot of random youtube obscure full albums from the late 50s 60s 70s. a lot of surf and psych and proto doom yadda yadda yadda. I attempt to learn a lot of songs by ear but a lot of them seem to not be at concert pitch due to whatever myriad of reasons. I was wondering if the digitech wammy pedal would be a quick work around for this instead of tuning my guitar by ear to each song? I love learning songs by ear and consider it my favorite way to practice and learn new songs.

You know about as much about me as you know about the guitar. That is to say, fuck all.
Now go practice your technique so you don't make a complete idiot out of yourself the next time you pull out your guitar in public.

>I was wondering if the digitech wammy pedal would be a quick work around for this instead of tuning my guitar by ear to each song
A bit but it sounds awful

Rock/Metal is often tuned down to E flat. A whammy pedal is not a good solution. It sounds like ass. Drop it down half a note or just be aware of the fact and work from there. As for Doom? Drop D tuning, tuned down a full step then drop tuned to C, in the case of High on Fire, C standard tuning. etc etc.

I have two electrics, one with a modified nut for my monster custom set for C standard and one in E standard that takes me no time to either drop tune or tune down a half step with a good tuner.

Dude you have no comprehension of my skill on guitar. as I said I’m intermediate. I play songs thru and thru (solos, chords) with a loop pedal. You’re full of shit my guy. Only one guy gave me an honest suggestions thanks to that guy. But the rest of you lot are pretentious fucks this is why I never liked playing in my jazz band. Notrhung but a bunch of fags who make music thier entire identity cause they have legitimately nothing else going for them. Off yourself promptly you know u want to

>backpedal
Gross.

Go on then, post some sounds.

It's just a website, user, relax.

I don’t record myself like some pretentious fuck I play for fun and when I bring a girl home. Eat my asshole u pussy. Ion have to prove shit to u just like u won’t prove shit to me. I never said I was a pro I said I was average you’re making out to be like I bragged about myself what an actual fsggot you are sir. How much you weigh? 130? You think fucker

In other words, you can't play for shit. I already told you to go practice.

Guitar duel?

Do you really think Mr. "I don't record myself because that would be pretentious" would ever deliver anything at all?

is the boss katana a meme or is it actually good?
is the 100w katana any good for gigging with?

You post something.. do it

I’m not going to sit here and record myself playing upload to soundcloud or someshit just to appease some fucks who didn’t want to help me in the first place.

Yeah I'm not rigging up to record at midnight to satisfy your pathetic ass.

>they're both shite

Is rape this guy with my guitar. I’d shove the neck into his anus to about the second fret then I’d tell him to pinch his sphincter so I could play wonderwall to his girlfriend

Thank you.

The fact you have to ‘rig’ let’s me know exactly what type of faggot you are

Somebody that doesn't want to power up a valve amp at midnight and get the fucking police at the door?
Go play with your loop pedal and headphones.

wtf are PAFs and why do people like them?

I have a valve amp too u pussy that shit ain’t fancy what are you talking about powering it up just flip the fucking power switch you’re just gay admit it you could pull out the acoustic and play on there but you’re nothing but excuses actual faggot

Would you say its not a good solution even just for practicing and tuning just either just a few cents up or down?

I guess I'm sort of set on it already and would like to know if you can set it in a position or if the foot pedal rocks back to where it was without your foot on it?

No idea, I fucking hate whammy pedals because they sound like ass. Also fuck Tom Morello for making them popular.

Patebt applied for humbucker pickups. To get that vintage bucker sound

like does it sound THAT bad I can't use it for figuring stuff by ear? I wouldn't really ever use it out

Cause Japan bitch

I wouldn't be using it like that all though haha

I too hate Tom Morrelo

Honestly, if it's just for practice, just figure out what tuning it's in, then transpose it to whatever you normally tune your guitar to.

Reposting from last thread
I sold I’m looking to buy a cheap old solid state amo and I was wondering if the newer DoD 250 reissues play nice with solid state amps from Acoustic, Sunn and Peavey or am I going to have to mod it?
I’m also looking to stack it with either my Rat or my treble boosters i.e. MXR Micro Amp, Catalinbread Naga Viper or my Behinger Super Fuzz on boost mode.

Just get a Katana.

i was thinking of buying this bad boy, anyone played it?

Attached: nash.jpg (2400x792, 107K)

Just get a strat dumbass

On strats the middle pickup is for noise cancelling mostly, but today there's like so little noise it's basically useless

having to follow rules and submit to others has destroyed and smashed my creativity and joy of experimenting crazily with music and other stuff. what do?

Attached: 1447813697801.gif (281x258, 12K)

but they are more expensive and i like the tele look?

a middle pickup on a tele doesnt sound good

on the original design the inbetween positions didnt even exist you idiot

Where the fuck is your Les Paul Custom, idiots?

Attached: les-paul-with-his-white-gibson-les-paul-custom-guitar.jpg (900x900, 148K)

Wheres yours dumbass bitch?

Les Pauls are stupid meme guitars that are only bought by dumb people or teenagers. I bought one as a teenager. These things are so fucking heavy they're just not worth playing. Fuck them.

>digging the dadrock station
>Wild BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN appeared!

Attached: 1542417641477.png (551x491, 261K)

>Calls us out on not having a Les Paul custom
>Puts a picture of Les Paul himself
>Doesn't realize the model Les Paul ACTUALLY played and enjoyed is a Les Paul recording
You gotta up your shitposting game son, otherwise you're just a silly faggot that doesn't know worth shit.

>on the original design the inbetween positions didnt even exist you idiot
Because Leo didn't know you could cancel hum with a third pickup

you bought one as a teenager and then you became an old fart with a weak back lmao
i lift 25kg sacks at my job on a daily basis

so? that was not your point

Hey /gg/, record something over my "backing track"
vocaroo.com/i/s1jFBtbzA6Bo

It's in C#

*dabs on you*

Attached: DSC07706.jpg (1616x1080, 156K)

Attached: 20190223_154912.jpg (2705x2268, 2.8M)

Dont you also have aids?

I was just pointing out that a middle pickup is useless today

Hi :)

Attached: DB4ECB82-58F1-4FD6-89CB-7B7B765E9F91.png (840x1260, 775K)

i dont

it is not, it produces unique tones

Anyone else remember when sammy "fell off the bus"

Check out my log

Attached: Ch-1-Log.jpg (904x1090, 294K)

>mfw youtube.com/watch?v=WHVPaifiBuY

Attached: party 5.gif (200x220, 2.79M)

the broken tooth is fixed thanks

Lets see it

Sammy, how's aids goin? You cured yet??

Hey Sam, hows everything going my friend?

Attached: 6E321AB9-780C-4C50-88C7-24A3AFEF5655.jpg (391x596, 43K)

AIDS is going, how do u think is going?!

But you have your medicine

I've been thinking of tuning down my 12 string to C for those delicious lower mids, would I need to get some thicker strings before I attempt this? I'm already down in D and it's fine, but I don't want to have to get a new set of strings just to go down one more step

Tune down, if you don't like it, get heavier strings. It's that simple. Iommi played in C# with 9s and that's part of how he got his sound/style from Master of Reality onward.

Attached: relish-guitars-electric-guitar-relish-snow-a-mary-electric-acoustic-hybrid-guitar-with-case-27857157 (2048x2731, 934K)

If you do that, expect to raise your bridge by a fucking centimeter and still feel like you're playing on overcooked noodles. He did it because of injury.

alright, I'll give it a shot. hopefully it doesn't turn into a puddle of mud

Attached: relish-guitars-electric-guitar-relish-snow-a-mary-electric-acoustic-hybrid-guitar-with-case-27858439 (2048x3145, 1.24M)

he posted it
he's cured
depressed aff, just workin and sleepin
not him, look at the capital aids

>Iommi
What a hack

Stfu and post it or im calling larp

>imagine your favorite guitarist is the fag from the red hot chili peppers
Lmfao

>tfw when you play a power chord right in front of a half stack with distortion and the major 3rd partial is slightly audible

Attached: 13976528.jpg (580x563, 236K)

What's the best guitar ever made and why is it the Les Paul?

Attached: lespauls.jpg (1080x1080, 205K)

>halfstack
Lmfao fucking clown

Attached: 1547488975815.jpg (1382x3619, 1010K)

I actually quite liked the feel, and it made helped do the vibrato bends that he does, but I prefer the sound of heavier strings, so I use the skinny top heavy bottoms by EB. This "overcooked noodles" meme has always been just a meme to me.

You'll figure it out, user. Don't worry.

ooh, that's interesting. I wonder if it'll let me use vibrato on chords? I have to do it for science now

Attached: 1539307505165.jpg (500x500, 126K)

nice trips user. ill never need that much volume though

Those first three albums are fire. Get over yourself.

>pic rel is considered the best in flyover-ville
Lmfao

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-14-08-30-38(1).png (1034x1960, 889K)

The way i see it is i use it as incentive to find a way to play it that loud. Gonna get a power soak soon for it so i can push the tubes at lower volume for extra thick hi gain.

he sent me a pic, i will post it

On my C standard tuned guitar I had to modify the nut to get thick enough strings and keep more or less the same tension as a 10-52 set would.

Strengthen your fingers instead.

>is the boss katana a meme or is it actually good?
A bit of colum A, a bit of column B. It sounds AMAZING compared to its main competition (Blackstar ID Core, Line 6 Spider, Fender Mustang) but it's still a digital modeling amp.
is the 100w katana any good for gigging with?
Yes they can get loud as fuck.

For the record I own a Boss Katana 100 and I like it a lot. The main amp channels on their own sound good. The effects can be a little hit or miss.

My only real gripe is that the software for it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of signal chain (you can only have one effect on ea h side of the power amp). You could always just build your own pedalboard but I haven't got around to doing this yet.

Why choose when you can have both?

Attached: efa97666d6c36c5a229b25fc7fb06ac1.jpg (1024x780, 105K)

Idk what you're on about, pic related is clearly the best guitar ever made

Attached: 1548786179465.jpg (1024x768, 75K)

Attached: e5c93bf5-bef3-4d0c-a762-5e3110dfbe3c.jpg (720x1280, 123K)

>Strengthen your fingers instead.
Sounds like a good way to give yourself tendonitis teebeeaytch

Attached: 1529157904528.gif (379x329, 298K)

new release on xvideos!!

i prefer to play my guitar tho, i love les pauls with that fat sound!

why would stretches give someone tendonitis

who here /cant decide if they like 9s or 10s better/?

>using stretches do build strength
that's not how physiology works my man

Attached: 1535059860084.jpg (572x303, 112K)

Needs more Paul

Attached: pauln.jpg (1080x1080, 257K)

Does anyone else ever have moments where they realize how fucking retarded we sound when discussing stupid shit like ?

I'm not shitting on the post, but I just had a moment of "my God, we are an autistic bunch"

>my God, we are an autistic bunch
this is a Yea Forums general, yes

I've seen this posted so many times, and still don't know what it's supposed to be.

Attached: light-top-heavy-bottom.jpg (378x378, 40K)

Every guitar group/forum/site I've ever been on has this same discussion almost daily. There's only so much you can talk about when it comes to guitars, so stupid shit gets repeated.

I guess they couldn't use the proper "skinny top" because of copyright? Either way, I need this shit.

It's like watching guys in their 40s/50s talking about Metallica's black album. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that discussion and I'm so fucking sick of it.

Attached: sketch-1552611515529.png (1080x1080, 640K)

I smell a delicious new meme for the general.

Attached: 1500581298548.gif (500x216, 999K)

drop acid and play

>he uses smaller than eleven
tits or gtfo, woman

sounds like you're making excuses for having an amateur mentality. stop it

>the joke
Your head

I fucking love fingering A minor's G-string.

Sammy been losing hair, you guys think it's because of the aids meds?
I'm scared guys, our kakaposter could be over from a flu some day :'c

Its a badly painted brand new gibson es 335

Attached: 20190107_164234.jpg (4160x3120, 3M)

>that monolithic forehead

When guitars have lots of controls like that you spend a lot of time just tweaking them but it never sounds right

Its for people who dont know how to actually play guitar

the absolute state of electards

>he doesn't know nitro bleeds into the binding

oh wow, I guess that's to be expected when you've only played budget poly finished instruments.

It's just two circuits with different volume /tone controls. The top circuit doesn't even have a pickup selection switch. You have to be a total retard to be confused by that.

R8 my idea:

>get body from Warmoth
>route out 60% of the wood in it
>fill the chambers with epoxy/granite mix
>finish assembly as usual, but now it weights like 16kg instead of 4kg

It should sustain forever due to the added mass while having the look and feel of a traditional guitar

Attached: concrete guitar.jpg (800x533, 36K)

Source?
And thats obviously badly painted.

Rip in pepperoni your posture

In a perfect guitar only the strings will vibrate not the body. That body is gonna absorb all the vibration like your mothers snatch on a Sunday night

That's why you scrape the binding.

>nitro is black

Nitro can be any color.

Why didnt they wait for the nitro to bleed and then scrape the binding? I thought they were the best user. That doesnt sound like something the best would do. Sounds rather kikeish to me like they dont care as long as they sell it.

Isnt nitro a clear top coat? Are you implying they mix it with the paint?
Still waiting for your sources on all your claims too.

I'm not the guy that maid the claim, but yes, nitro can be colors.

>playing guitar with nothing else
>sounds awful
>hear guitar in mix
>doesn't sound that bad

Why?

>it's another episode of /gg/ bickering about inconsequential minutiae
I hate this fucking show. I wonder if there's anything interesting happening on /x/

Attached: 1536545679092.jpg (600x610, 27K)

>maid the claim
>trust me
Yeah nah retard

that's how layering works, Sonny Jim. individual layers usually sound thin and dinky, but their combined powers can create eargasmic mixes in the hands of a good sound guy

nitro bleeds after it's perfectly scraped, that's why it's called bleeding.
Because no matter what it would bleed with a new topcoat.

What are you tiring to say?

>sips intensify

Attached: Don9474W.jpg (1800x1200, 265K)

You scrape after its dry. It can't bleed if it's dry.

based. fuck toanfags

Source?
And yet nigson didnt. I wonder why. Its not like they are not the best right?

Then the binding wouldn't have any finish on it....

Just google Gibson binding bleeding, lots of boomer sites you can waste time with.

DO IT FGT

It's funny that it's just GIBSON binding bleeding.

>binding today is just molten plastic squeezed into a channel

Is it good for anything other than making refinishing the body a nightmare?

Attached: custom-shop-limited-tele-tl-telecaster-natural-electric-guitar-string-thru-body-black-body-binding-3 (1009x534, 71K)

Just got this bad boy in an auction.

Attached: 2247583773514ph.jpg (513x469, 81K)

Friendly reminder that nobody cares about your shoddy, overpriced gibbons.

Attached: DZG_Lar_Gibbon_12-1065x1200.jpg (1065x1200, 200K)

>molten plastic
Do you just make this shit up, or what?

looks yummy. does it run on batteries?

Yeah or you can plug it in. I'm going to blow the neighbors doors off.

Then why dont they paint it with paint and then cover it with clear nitro? Why do they do the 2-in-1 spray can budget option? Theure the best right? The best wont cut corners tonsave time and money on 2k+ instruments would they?

>ay tone if nitro bleeds how come its only gibsons nitro that bleeds and no one elses?

Stop spamming selfies sam or ill report you

this isn't Sam, clearly the Brazilian in this picture is free of AIDS

Ah, this nitro finish really lets the tonewood breath

I’ll do that. I guess I was just worried about if the pedal was going to place nice with any future amp. I’m looking to mod it anyways. What mods should I look into for the Dod 250?

That is how they do it... I don't think you're understanding, the clear nitro goes over the binding too.

Other brands bleed too, anything with white binding. I've seen a Collings with the same problem.

Ahh a gentleman of taste. Do you also snort cheap coke cut with laundry detergent off the wonderful finish of your solidbody Dean™ guitar? Because only a Dean™ is good enough ™ for my ghetto grade booger sugar.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_oXBvr8AhU

10:44 and onwards

So one company does it this way.

you know its true /gg/

Attached: digital.png (2518x1024, 1.5M)

You know you can't tell these homestuck bedroom warriors anything, right? lol they watched a video on YouTube!

Attached: les-paul-collection-new-57-VOS-reissue-7-1006-1.jpg (1280x487, 86K)

Only the ones that don't want to waste time on a non-functional cosmetic item

my Washburn pxl10 is starting to get clin ky and I'm noticing the strigns are pretty damn close to the frets at the neck. I put a long hard piece of solid plastic against it to see if it was warped or something and it isn't, but I think I need to raise the bridge. Is there a guide for going about this if I just need a chic pea sized raise?

Even Metallica went Kemper

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 39K)

He literally says they are the only one that does it. I'll say this though, it does make sense. It's not like the guitars are hand crafted anyway.

Who cares about Metallica?

youre mom it was her favourite band while i was fucking her

>has garbage clean tone
I mean, Marshall tones are always garbage, but there's no way you're telling me Fender's clean tone is garbage.

Probably people who like Metallica

Attached: metal.jpg (594x446, 200K)

God, I hate vox tones so fucking much

My mom doesn't even know who they are

No one likes them. That's my point.

>but there's no way you're telling me Fender's clean tone is garbage
twin reverb is one of the best sounding amps ever. not disagreeing there user

Are there people who play this kind of "chord melody" style but without weird jazz chords?

youtube.com/watch?v=tKP34ebmas8

Classical guitarists you knob

>weird jazz chords
god i fucking hate guitarists

>No one likes them
I liek them

youtube.com/watch?v=rA7Ltq9HGkQ

i can play guitar and still hate braindead guitar players

Hate to break it to ya pal, but you're just as brain dead as the rest of us, you just don't know it yet.

Classical is different, it involves a lot of thought. That is something that people can come up with on the go

youtube.com/watch?v=zQjdDuK3g-4

Most people use them sparingly, jazz folks use nothing but them

Hank Garland is pretty conservative for a jazz guitarist.You would probably like him. Johnny Smith too a lesser degree.

youtube.com/watch?v=gRNpc-hFkCs

hey guys, i really want to get a black beauty les paul, and i'm working my ass off for one right now. i think it's really pretty and classy looking, compared to cherryburst and other colours, which kinda come off looking dad rock-y.

i really want the gibson logo on the headstock and i want the finish to be nitro, because i want to keep this guitar for the rest of my life (i'm 20). les paul customs are $5000 here in australia, and i'd probably want to put stainless steel frets on for ~$600. am i being an brandwhore pleb by not just getting an epiphone/edwards/tokai?

Attached: 0013872_gibson-2018-custom-shop-les-paul-custom-electric-guitar-ebony-with-gold-hardware.jpg (1400x662, 62K)

get off brand until you can save enough

Nah, you'll have something you'll love for life and that you can pass on to your kids. Alternatively, you can get one of these pretty cheap if you like the look and don't mind a thinner body

reverb.com/item/17869535-gibson-les-paul-custom-lite

So that tremolo-like sound Les Pauls have on the upper strings on some frets isn't intentional but wolf notes caused by sympathetic resonance. Who else finds this to be aesthetic?

my bc rich v does that and i fucking hate it. how could you find that aesthetic

yeah, i have a really nice hotrodded univox hi flier that kinda fulfills the 24.75" dual humbucker role for me right now, i guess i'm just getting a little older and trying to acquire gear that i'll want to keep for the rest of my life and maybe even pass on to my kids if i ever have them -- i'm having a custom handwired brownface amp made for me right now for this reason too

thanks for letting me know it's a bit of a relatable feel

Attached: 360_f3597db163234dcae47a76393cb7ffb8.jpg (400x300, 32K)

hey thanks dude

rosewood board on the lites kinda prevents me from getting one into australia, but maybe CITES will be lifted by the time i can afford one (they're apparently gonna discuss rosewood instruments at the next CITES meeting right?)

i'm gonna keep going for it man, thank you for listening

Attached: uxb1c3o306m21.jpg (448x580, 79K)

HUE GANG LETS GO KING OF GG

Attached: 0813621D-7669-4AC3-A9DC-3E238EF5277D.png (1536x2730, 2.5M)

light coloured rosewood is the ugliest fretboard wood ever. why not just get ebony? it looks way better

On tonight's episode of "Kurt Cobain or Ariel Pink"

It adds character. On my superstrat it just muffles notes above the 17th fret.

based

Because ebony is extinct

you know what i mean you cocksucking faggot.

Lol
>rent free
Also
>nice timestamp
Youre worse than the retards on /o/ lusting after shitboxes they dont own.

pretty based desu

Will my ebony guitar secure college for my future kids or is the second hand guitar market going to implode after the death of the boomers?

David gilmour does it on his strat all the time. You sound retarded m8

that's so sick

Best semi-hollow under $1000

Go

Attached: ur mums chair.jpg (750x659, 40K)

What is this contraption for?

Eastman t386

b)

I don't think he does

Huffing braps

Comfortably numb

It's something the guitar does on is own once you hit its natural frequency

Jazz and a bit of bluesy stuff.

K

youtube.com/watch?v=F6jS00k0XtQ

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

Uwu

Attached: 1469430059737.jpg (500x511, 20K)

how much should i raise my bridge to stop clink? and is the bridge the same as the action?

Attached: amy.jpg (565x850, 67K)

>projecting your fag tendencies this hard
I hope youre not in the closet still

I'm looking to put in some new pickups in this cheap ass ibanez I scooped up.

Anyone have experience with seymour duncan black winter pickups?

Attached: cheap ass ibanez.png (387x1028, 792K)

Kiss me you fool

Attached: 47081850_p5_master1200.jpg (600x523, 98K)

Put in some Evo pickups so you can hear how much ass basswoods sucks

Lol, I'm playing pure black metal through this bitch. I just don't know if the BLACK WINTER pickups are really a meme or not

Just get emgs dumbass. They are great for rhythym.

I already have emgs in my explorer. Looking to go passive with this one. Tell me if the black winters are good or I swear to fucking god i will post this in the new /gg/ and blame you

Who fucking knows i dont buy meme pickups. The whole fucking name is already. Get suhr aldrich pickups and you will be happy

just get Super Distortions. Classics for a reason

>Anyone have experience with seymour duncan black winter pickups?
Don't waste your money
youtube.com/watch?v=jf4xYCMtFVg

Attached: po.jpg (313x371, 13K)

fuck.

Okay. But I am totally replacing that bridge pickup on the ibanez, it is total shit.

Attached: MickMars.jpg (310x399, 14K)

Those pickups choices are pretty based

This, but blue, with 24 frets

>can hear a difference but not a better or worse difference

It is but that

What do you even pay for, wax potting and solder that lasts an extra 10 years? I'd rather go through an extra pair of $30 pickups every decade and let the amp do the heavy lifting.

Attached: 1551737052797.png (467x266, 230K)

is my shit fucked or is it 4chanx

it doesn't let me post or anything when it's on, but i can post when it's off

underrated post

someone post that copypasta about turd polishing

the milennials aren't awake and if they are they aren't sober, so posting generic boomerisms about boomer guitars won't rile many people up

wait til 3pm on the west coast when they start waking up

this is reasonable person hours

>what some anonymous literallywho on /gg/ says, when they probably don't even play guitar
>vs. what literally everyone else who plays guitar says (lol it doesn't matter, stop buying $500 guitars and $100 amps)

*$5000 guitar, $100,000 in pedals, and $100 in amps

the real "i'm not a poorfag" setup

so am i just the worst if when i have to play just two or three strings i have to mute all the others because i have no moderation in my strums?

>tfw someone complimented my tone and asked what guitar i use
>its a plywood strat copy
lmfao get fucked tonefags

Attached: devilish.jpg (470x595, 91K)

tonefags = placebofags

youtube.com/watch?v=DsmKQAk7ftk&t=495

i like to show people i know the sound bite from this and ask them how many guitars it is. most say one. a girl at work said two. one guy said one using the pickup selector switch, or different picks, he wasn't sure.

for fucks sake use the knobs and switches on that thing and you have tone for days as long as your electronics aren't defective noisy shit and the strings are new

As much as I now think he's a twat, I saw this youtube.com/watch?v=ZkGCvLstPrE and I've always kept it in the back of my mind. One guitar has so many tonal possibilities in just the knobs, let alone the use of different amps, pedals, etc., it's why I love the instrument.

i bought a les paul yesterday, then I took off the plate to change the battery for the active pickups and somebody put a piece of kaka in there. It was stinky like an assy piece of shit.

Surprising thing was, the guitar sounded pretty okay. I ended up foregoing the battery and leaving in the kaka.

Any other guitar hacks?

The small amount of ammonia in your piss can actually change the tonal characteristics of your pickups. Can't clean it off though, otherwise you'll lose the change.

its always been like that, look this one is from 2012 scontent.fbhz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/11178217_480890145392858_9126169958990067375_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fbhz1-1.fna&oh=09e4113158f9c937d5b2ffd57ecb406b&oe=5D0860B9
what mentality

youtu.be/i3k-ZTWl9mg

>active pickups
Small wonder it sounded better with a piece of shit lodged inside the compartment.

most cheap pickups sound like blurr

I had one of those things. It's actually still somewhere in my closet I think. Nice little pedal! I've since upgraded to analog pedals that cost more and do less but at least i can show off my phat pedal collection now.

Someone give me a song a tone deaf, rhythmless bass-let can play. I have some random natural finish washburn my grandma got for free at a yard sale.

Attached: ood morning.jpg (453x703, 37K)

It will 100% sound the same as a $500-$1000 korean/Japanese epiphone. Might even be worse quality in some aspects.

You're probably not serious about recording/playing gigs but if I were you I'd spend $500 on the guitar, $300 on humbuckers, and the rest on an amp. Amp is where you get the biggest bang for your buck sound quality wise anyway.

Sheraton II. Pretty much the same thing as a 335 as semi hollows are all laminate anyway. Replace the pickups and electronics with decent stuff and you're set.

Attached: 20190315_073833.jpg (4032x1960, 2.32M)

What are some of the most difficult songs to learn on Guitar?

Smoke on the water

This general is useless

The cheap pickups last longer because they use leaded solder. Leadfree developes nickel whiskers over time which cause shorts, in a pickup this causes it to not work.

youtube.com/watch?v=G6M-51TDu7E
im down for some dicksucking. Anyone who hasn't should definitely check out his baritone funk series

youtu.be/t5TBbV5DdHg

muting the other strings and only letting one or two ring out can actually be quite difficult so you're probably not the worst, but practicing moderation in your strums might be a good idea. Start low and slow.

probably fusion type stuff. Check out Guthrie Govan, Chick Corea Elektric Band, Return to Forever, that kinda thing

youtu.be/SYJb8e2NDd0

I actually already know this song, thanks for the suggestion though, user.
That was fun, good song to start the morning. Thanks!

Attached: yotsubaaaaaa.png (2200x2500, 2.02M)

I have almost the exact same pedal! Although my knobs are starting to feel like they're going to break off, and the footswitches either don't respond or skip two patches half the time... Still fun to play around with when you don't have twenty pedals.

Attached: 20190315_102224.jpg (4032x2268, 2.39M)

I haven't played that particular one, but you should get it anyway, user. Teles sound so nice.

when im really high i end up just playing the 6th string and only the 6th string on my acoustic so youre probably right

Bach

what brand?

Attached: 12343232.jpg (815x383, 59K)

Do you not know how to read cursive?

It literally says Legator on the front ameritard

Jason beckers perpetual burn album in its entirety

Bang's

Nice obsession.

not really since my native language doesnt use latin letters
thanks

You're using those Latin letters pretty good right now.

This is why we need a wall

Git these Mexicans outta my internet

>my native language doesnt use latin letters
>Mexicans
no comments

What are you some african nigger?

Walls work for everyone

i'd rather hang out with mexicans than white people that think spanish doesn't use the latin alphabet

>>>/pol

Attached: 357d31ecba4c8a1152b75cf5cd84a92d.jpg (560x528, 24K)

favorite jazz guitarists? newb looking for guitar music. actually i wouldn't mind recs for any interesting guitar music in general. preferably stuff that isn't popular on Yea Forums, i've been here since 2009 so i'm familiar with the popular shit i just don't have any taste of my own. was never interested before, was a monogenre pleb but i've been branching out ever since i got interested in learning guitar. thanks in advance brehs

the joke is that you're retarded it just isn't funny because you tell that same joke every time you talk

Very new to learning electric guitar. How do I decide what amp/pedals to get if I'm going to be practicing with headphones and I want my guitar to sound like The Strokes?

Imagine being so dumb that you think a comment about building a wall to keep Mexicans off the internet is serious.

jokes are supposed to be funny, did you forget that part?

>triggered mexican

new thread
new thread
new thread

i'm not even from NA it just wasn't a good joke because it's out of context. if mexicans spoke russian it might've been funny and the reference to the wall would've worked. but mexicans speak spanish so it doesn't work. i don't care about american politics, it's just a shit joke just like ur entire life lol