Alright, partner, keep on rollin' baby, you know what time it is

Alright, partner, keep on rollin' baby, you know what time it is.
*SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP*
>THROW YOUR HANDS UP
>LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
>CHOCOLATE STARFISH
>KEEP ON ROLLING BAABYYYYY
>*SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP*

Attached: DiKdS6qX0AASu3F.jpg (470x529, 39K)

33 year old boomer here. Very few people actually listened to limp bizkit.

Normies mostly listened to rap like wu tang and biggie or tupac and most kids that were into nu metal were into real hardcore nu metal like korn and slipknot or coal chamber and whatever else.

You had to be a special kind of loser, like me, to listen to entry level nu metal like limp bizkit and linkin park and POD

Attached: 1549595864188.jpg (240x182, 10K)

This is probably true. My older brother is about that age and was really into Korn but I never heard him listen to Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park. He did listen to some SOAD and Tool though.

>33 year old boomer here. Very few people actually listened to limp bizkit.

Untrue. Limp Bizkit sold millions of albums, sold millions of concert tickets, and was the most requested band on TRL along with Korn, next to the boy bands.

People made fun of Limp Bizkit sure and it was never "cool" or when it was it was a very brief period, like their first two albums, but they were still hugely popular, namely with white trash and uber normies who even found Korn too "weird" but still wanted something "rebellious" to like

Tom greens bum bum song was so requested that MTV had to actually pull it. That doesn't mean that Tom Green was a huge rock star that all the kids listened to. Pop culture and counter culture worked differently back then since the internet wasn't what it is today. Kids couldn't go on YouTube to watch limp bizkit or tom green videos.

Tom Green was hugely popular. There is a big difference between critical approval or being a media darling and popularity. If tons of human beings are into what you do, you're popular, no matter how much arty types and critics make fun of you.

>Tom Green was hugely popular.
Yeah but to a certain crowd. Same with limp bizkit or even blink 182 or whatever. Subcultures were bigger and more defined back then. Even the Insane Clown Posse were signed to a label owned by Disney.

Most people weren't into them though

Sure, but to say "very few people listened to them" is simply untrue. Lots of people did, they just weren't "cool" people.

Limp Bizkit fans were the Tom Green fans and the people watching American Pie movies thinking they were unironically funny, they were the people who go see every Fast And The Furious movie, the people who now love Five Finger Death Punch.

It's very few relative to the overall body of music from the 90s.

>fast and furious

What. Those are normie movies they have nothing to do with f5dp or limp bizkit.

this

limp bizkit were huge with a certain white trash middle schooler crowd

>It's very few relative to the overall body of music from the 90s.
Limp Bizkit was huge, they got way more airplay and sold way more records than many other bands during their heyday.

>Those are normie movies they have nothing to do with f5dp or limp bizkit.
Exactly. Limp Bizkit appealed to normies. Average jock type dudes, as opposed to like you said, the Korn/Slipknot/Coal Chamber crowd who were the "mallgoth" kids

true 36 year old boomer, Tom Green bum bum song was the first song i downloaded off the internet and it took a few hours

>Limp Bizkit appealed to normies
They absolutely did not. Them being on MTV and signed to a major record label doesn't mean anything practically every nu metal band was on MTV and a major label. You are completely off your nut to compare limp bizkit to fast and furious.

not pop normies, but rock normies yeah

>rock normies

What are you talking about they were just entry level nu metal. There's no such thing as rock normies.

How did they not? Here's what I remember...most Limp Bizkit fans I knew were people who shopped at Old Navy or other regular stores, often played sports, had reasonable haircuts, etc etc....normies, basically, who thought other nu-metal bands were "for freaks"

On the flipside, the typical nu metal kids who were your mallgoth variety, usually fucked up/colored hair, piercings, Tripp pants, spikey bracelets, etc considered Limp Bizkit "sellouts" "posers" "prep shit" etc etc

Of course I'm generalizing, and there was crossover between these groups in every way since nu-metal as a whole touched a lot of different demographics, but in general? That was pretty much my experience.

You're retconning subcultures and muddying your own memories with this r9k normies shit. If r9k was around 20 years ago they would think that all nu metal was epic cringe normie shit. Even "hardcore" nu metal like Slipknot or whatever.

Just because they bought clothes and had haircuts doesn't mean that they weren't raging retards in their personal lives.

>my personal experience in x suburb growing up negates wider cultural trends

chris ott is like this too. "well i went to school in upstate ny and nobody listened to/liked ____, therefore nobody in america listened to them"

So? It is what it is, that's how it was at least in my neighborhood during that time. Limp Bizkit was the normie friendly band, Korn and Slipknot were the "goth" bands.

Of course none of these people knew anything about subcultures, hence why I'm using quotations a lot, but it is what it is. People used to say Slipknot was "death metal". I'm not retconning shit or telling you these were smart people, this is just how it was. It wasn't cool among the mallgoth crowd to like Limp Bizkit, and it wasn't cool to like the "freak" bands among the average Limp fans, who usually were more on the normie/jock side. It was actually a big thing to make fun of Limp Bizkit, because I liked them, and knew a couple others who did, even though we were much more in the former crowd. My Juggalette/Maggot gf used to make fun of me all the time for playing Limp Bizkit occasionally, saying it was "preppy" or "wigger shit", ironically with the last part. It was the same way with Eminem and Kid Rock too.

>There's no such thing as rock normies.
Tell that to post grunge.

>not pop normies, but rock normies yeah

Well, who knows, Durst did dance with Aguilera

Attached: durst-aguilera-640x426.jpg (640x426, 65K)

People who rag on nu metal are fags

In general yeah, but it's understandable to a degree for making metal a thing a lot of idiots claimed, but is that so bad? Not really, nu-metal probably saved metal from grunge even if it was through a genre that largely had non metal aesthetics.