Is The Gift the ultimate pleb filter of all time?

Is The Gift the ultimate pleb filter of all time?

Attached: file.png (600x600, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6DHvBSqfnVs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I mean, it's a great song, but still definitely the worst on the album

cringe

it's better than here she comes now
let's be real, there isn't a bad song on here though

The instrumental portion of it is the best part of the album.

>not The Murder Mystery
youtube.com/watch?v=6DHvBSqfnVs
This is objectively true. The backing track is pretty great but the story itself doesn't stand up to a lot of repeated listens.

No, but thinking WL/WH is a 6/10 at best is the ultimate pseud filter.
I don't even respect the opinions of someone who thinks anything on this album other than Sister Ray is any good, and I don't respect anyone who thinks Sister Ray is good for any reason beyond its innovation.

lady godivas operation

I love white light white heat and it’s energy and protopunk feel

The gift is an interesting story

Lady godivas Operation is actually melodically quite pleasant to my ears even if it’s simple that Bassline keeps my locked in and lous silly doctor vocals always crack me up

Here she comes now is really good melodically

Heard her call my name is another awesome track for me because it’s so fucking heavy especially for the time and I love the call and response chant, didn’t know the back up velvets sing that well till that song.

And sister ray is just a fucking epic jam that, if you have any sort of imagination and musical knowledge can easily get sucked into and ride out to its magnificent crescendo ending.

Why are you trying to act like such a music snob anyway? Is there something special about your opinions? If not shut the fuck up because no one cares who you respect and what you think.

Besides me of course.

WL/WH easy 8/10, my favorite velvet album

Attached: FBC8068B-68F3-4220-8DD5-D618D5C2FF0B.jpg (613x531, 36K)

Waldo Jeffers had reached his limit.

that's the best track, tho

Why did you type all of that? Did you not read the bit where I discard the opinion of anyone who likes this shit? I didn't read a word of your post past "I love white light white heat".
Enjoy your entry level proto-punk, pseud.

post something you like? just curious

>LALALA I'M NOT LISTENING EVERYTHING YOU LIKE IS SHIT
woah... so this is the intelligence... of TVU haters...
amazing music discussion there, truly a great board for discussing music

W-well i thought you would at least have the decency to explain yourself and why you don’t respect the album

Attached: 27E89F9F-AD3F-429B-9F9F-7DEED4819E25.jpg (139x128, 8K)

FILTERED

>haters
cringe n bluepilled

I like a lot of things. For the past week I've been listening to the Spirit of Eden rehearsal cassette shared by Tim Friese-Greene.
soundcloud.com/user-947232876/eden-rehearsal-cassette
I've ruminated on the qualities of WL/WH and all six of its """songs""" carefully, some fag on Yea Forums won't change my mind. The songs are rudimentary, poorly performed, and none of them but Sister Ray were even innovative. TVU&N is a good album; it takes its songs seriously but maintains a proto-punk, lofi aesthetic. WL/WH just doesn't care. The songs don't care, the band doesn't care, and Sister Ray is the sound of people not caring for 17 minutes but that was a radical idea in 1968 so it's technically innovative. It's bad.
Based.

If you’ve come to that conclusion you actually have zero knowledge on musical theory and composition.

Also, WL/WH even without sister ray was extremely innovative for its time and pretty much singlehandedlypsthed the way for modern hard rock, classic rock, punk, metal and most other alternative music. Way more influential than the Beatles even perhaps. Definitely more boundary pushing than TVU&N which originally the band didn’t even want (nico) atleast.

No wonder you’re in such a hurry to throw out words like “pseud” and “pleb”

You’re projecting because you don’t actually know shit and “muh noise” your ape mind virgin ears can’t handle it. Fuck off.

Not the ultimate pleb filter, but it pleb filtered Christgau which is pretty funny.

“Contains another bummer experiment, some stereo mystery, but otherwise their best--melodic, literate, compellingly sung; Paul Williams loves it. A”

Jesus fucking christ, this is why I mentally filter out WL/WH retards.
>wl/wh is actually very complex
>wl/wh created hard rock, classic rock, punk, and metal
>tvu are more influential than the beatles, actually! many people do not know this but i do :)
You're literally checking off every pseud box imaginable. What an embarrassing faggot you are. Sorry I called you out. Just enjoy your terrible album in silence and stop being a pseud.

Attached: dingdong.png (530x750, 20K)

>dingdong.png
based

It's not weird enough to be a pleb filter, but it is top 5 TVU.

Who here has heard the VU play the gift live ? just me ? Yea Forums BTFO.

Are there people who don’t like the gift?

the THUD right before the "right through the center of Waldo Jeffers head" lyrics scares the shit outta me everytime I'm driving as it sounds like you just hit something

No it’s Catcher in The Rye by J D Salenger

Attached: 72B8F2D1-5434-4F33-9BEA-67C8832421B9.jpg (1089x1600, 448K)