Explain to me what's so good about this album?

Explain to me what's so good about this album?

Attached: 220px-In_the_aeroplane_over_the_sea_album_cover_copy.jpg (220x220, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/r/neutralmilkhotel/2aQNAOO
twitter.com/AnonBabble

everything

Nothing. It's garbage lower than rap. It's a pitchfork meme that idiots started believing.

psychedelic mumford and sons
pass

idk the horn stuff is cool I guess, that's pretty much it

Emotional sincerity.

Pitchfork didn't even praise this album originally, retard.

it's the semen.

It's not great but it's okay good
People hate it to sound patrician

this the MU album and if you dont like it go to reddit fagget

Because it's uplifting and happy album about a dark subject matter makes you feel all warm and fuzzy in a weird way

There is simply something magical about it. I truly feel bad for people that don't experience the profound emotional journey this album takes you on.

Attached: 0215B76F-E19B-4F21-90E2-B02EB4EB0D87.jpg (354x286, 15K)

They originally gave it an 8.7, retard.
imgur.com/r/neutralmilkhotel/2aQNAOO

You're a frogposter. You don't know shit about emotions.

The songwritting is top notch, add to that some silly psychedelia and you have yourself a great album.

Nothing, really. I guess the lyrics is clever at times, but it only comes off as whiny to me.

>he bought into the "frogposter" meme

Attached: C1783F96-2368-4747-9970-9A578C0D839F.jpg (798x661, 58K)

TWO-HEADED BOY... SHE IS ALL THAT YOU NEED
SHE WILL FEED YOU TOMATOES AND RADIO WIRE
AND RETIRE TO SHEETS SAFE AND CLEAN
BUT DON'T HATE HER WHEN SHE GETS UP TO LEAVE

Attached: LONG.jpg (1536x2048, 339K)

Ghost and untitled

>AND SHE GOEEES
>AND NOW SHE KNOWS SHE'LL NEVER BE AFRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAID

Attached: 1492559303426.png (593x635, 260K)

Best song on the album followed by Aeroplane

It's still great.

I like that the whole album is interwoven so that each song goes into the next. What other albums do this?

Implying two headed boy p2 isn't sombre as fuck
> when we break we'll wait for our miracle God is a place you will wait for the rest of your life

DSOTM, WYWH, THE WALL, The beach boys coined it but you see it a lot in prog.

Its really hard to explain but just something about clicks with some people, like myself.
I think for me it was the lyrics that did it originally, and then the aesthetic grew on me, and now it might be my favourite album ever

the fact that the madlad himself has a time machine and went to fuqq anne frank

Attached: 11698643_10153494160249706_2949180878938205004_n.jpg (720x960, 67K)

Every King Diamond album because they are all complete heavy metal musical horror stories.

Imagine being so self conscious about your white middleclass 20-something music tastes that you start to hate a simple yet emotional album with great melodic arrangements that creates an outstanding and unique atmosphere.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (604x516, 88K)

thats not even that high, retard

DJ Skrew - Skrewed UP Vol. 2

>OMG ITAOTS

Attached: D2AC151E-B620-430F-B15C-F895C305CF7F.gif (413x243, 51K)

Because this is what, The Beatles are to Pop as ITAOTS is to weirdlythemedindiealbumbs

Ho ho ho! You posted the pic! GUYS, HE POSTED THE ONIONS GUY!

Any other albums or bands similar to this?

Attached: 9999EC0A-1872-455A-AB35-CF5F9E348671.png (680x444, 165K)

Nonagon Infinity (opens the door)

the lyrics, the low fidelity production, the melancholy melodies,... a great trip, and JESUSCHRIST

Only the first half is good, everything after holland 1945 is just boring.

Its nice to hear

Absolutely BASED.

Attached: 739C28ED-F533-4109-A218-BF154D88A8AC.jpg (1079x1076, 116K)

The selly-ester watts field.

Ghost, Oh Comely, and Two-Headed Boy Pt. 2 are the best 3 songs on the album you mong

Its good, but I think its overhyped. I like it and listen to it but its not in my top 5

>OOOOooooOoooOoHHHHHH COOOOOOOOMELLYYYYYY

The only reason it's well regarded is because of Pitchfork calling it in the top 10 of the 90s in the early 00s. Before that every music magazine gave it average scores. The album didn't even have a Wikipedia page by then lmao
When people claim that "ITAOTS is Yea Forums culture" I can't help but cringe about the fact that Yea Forums is just pitchfork's bitch.

YOUR FATHER MADE FETUSES WITH FLESH LICKING LADIES

I legitimately wonder how his throat turned out after a single recording session

pitchfork has given like 50 different albums 10/10. Why the fuck does everyone say this shit, Yea Forums could've just as easily championed a beastie boys album.

But they didn't because they were Pitchfork's bitch.

i like it

if you dont get it, you never will. just leave.

not true, I didn't get it for a long time. One day I decided to try it again, and it just clicked. Love it now, don't give up hope user.

listen to it 3 or 4 times all the way through and you wont need someone to explain it to you

Can verify these albums do it well. While these do it to varying degrees, I would argue:

Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
Motion City Soundtrack - Commit This To Memory
Anais Mitchell - Hadestown
Bleachers - Gone Now
Anderson .Paak - Malibu
Death Grips - Niggas on the Moon
Clipping. - Splendor & Misery
The Hamilton OBCR
Fleet Foxes - Crack Up

Not every album here has a seamless flow the way that ITAOTS would, but all of this records have at the very least long suites that hit this spot for me.

Attached: Splendor & Misery.jpg (1200x1200, 121K)

Why would I listen to the same album 3 or 4 times? Lmao

Very low quality

Attached: BC82B98C-9685-407E-8F7C-39F220EADBB1.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Eh, sometimes it takes a few listens to fully appreciate something. ITAOTS is not particularly layered or difficult to understand, but if you go into it with the wrong expectations you may leave disappointed.

There are a lot of things that makes ITAOTS noteworthy but without a doubt the main thing that sets it apart is the inspired lyricism. And by that I mean these are the type of lyrics that can only come from a specific person and a specific point in time. And I think there are very few albums that can make that claim. Even now, 20 years later, how many noteworthy albums genuinely have lyrics as unique and evocative as this album?
This is helped by the vocals obviously. Every line is delivered in a way that makes it feel personal, so even though the lyrics tend to err on the side of the artistic and the abstract, it still feels as authentic as it would have been had it been written more straightforwardly.

Later when I'm not tired.

it is good though, like I can understand someone calling it the greatest album of all time or greatest they've ever heard.

>songwriting
>lyrics
>saws, horns, and accordions all sound amazing
>Emotional Sincerety
>Jeff’s voice

I don’t understand why people pretend this album isn’t a classic these days. I guess it’s because it’s “simple” guitar fuzz folk that doesn’t have enough experimental hip hop or whatever but the album’s quality has nothing to do with its meme status.

Oh not to mention the whole subject matter with Anne frank, childhood, love, death and grief

It’s sad that this probably isn’t even bait
Yea Forums 2k19

not all heroes wear capes

sounds nice

Truth. King of carrot flowas and Comely come right after.

I love everything about it but what really sells it is how fucking passionate it is

Too bad it's boring.

It's just good mate

Imagine being this brain dead