What are your fagg's thoughts on Sonic Youth?

What are your fagg's thoughts on Sonic Youth?

Attached: 268x0w.jpg (268x242, 23K)

I like all of their albums up, and including Washing Machine. My favorite albums are EVOL and Experimental Jet Set, Trash, and No Star.

Attached: sonicyouthexperimentalyetsettrashandnostar.png (1000x1000, 1.25M)

Struggle to get into Sonic Youth beyond Teenage Riot and Incinerate, recommendations to dive a bit deeper?

listen to the Goo album or Sonic Nurse. Definetely easier to listen to than other albums (especially Washing Machine) for a newcomer.

But if you really can't get into it, don't try to, what's the problem.

music can be an acquired taste, a lot of my favorite music took multiple listens before I enjoyed it, developing ones musical horizons is part of the fun of listening to interesting music and not just spotify shuffling the top 100.

based mature user that recognizes that tastes can change and expand.

if you want to get into sonic youth, why not just listen to daydream nation? it's the first album in which they embraced their pop impulses but kept their experimental bite and it showcases their exceptional ability to craft songs out of textures and timbres.

it's not in my opinion their "best" but definitely the best starting point with sy

I have listened to daydream nation, since it makes every Yea Forums essentials chart and the album artwork is admittedly cool. Teenage Riot was great but most every other track seemed forgettable - I think I need to give it another go though some time.

pretty fuckin rad
Sister is GOAT and even the much earlier shit like Confusion is pretty cool

Sister > Daydream Nation > Confusion is Sex > Sonic Youth >>>> everything else they ever did

I hate them and all of their post 80s output

Hipsters rock

I dived deeper. Most of their music is just unbearable, but it does have its moments. Literally six moments. Teenage riot, Incinerate, Cross the breeze, Total trash, Hey Joni and Mote. Rest is just weird and contrived

Their music isn't for mainstreamers like you. Stick with pop and rap.

You only listen to them because everyone else in your class listens to pop and rap, right?

I listen to them because I like them. And I'm 28.

washing machine is pretty entry level

if you don't get a boner to hey joni your soul is lost

>being a retard
>not liking The Sprawl or Trilogy
>or Catholic Block, Pipeline or White Kross
>or Tunic or most of Goo for that matter
how much should I bet you just skimmed over most of their shit and barely gave any time to actually listen to them

Sonic Youth: that band for suspiciously middle aged looking dude who hangs out in the corner at college parties

where do I find said college parties?

asking for a friend...

I want to go to college parties where they play Sonic Youth.

Attached: sonicyouthWashingMachine.jpg (600x600, 97K)

Nah. I listened to every album. I don't have to like them and I'm not offended if you feel obliged.

Honestly you seem like 14

Because I called you a mainstreamer? Isn't that what you are?

good taste has its demands

Point being: it's lame music for pretentious Gen-X rejects who think they can be hip despite being decades past their prime. I genuinely pity those who like their music.

Confusion is Sex, Evol, Sister, Bad Moon Rising, and Sonic Youth are their only good albums. Daydream Nation and Washing Machine have their moments, but Goo and most of what they put out past Daydream Nation is complete irredeemable total trash.

very friendly

Attached: 75886.original-620.jpg (252x252, 33K)

sniff sniff....
I smell pleb.

>I don't like Sonic Youth because my dad likes them

Attached: zoomer3.png (434x327, 39K)

Sonic Nurse, Murray Street, and Goo are all pretty entry level, imo. Dirty is a pretty solid listen with just the right amount of noisy experimentation. But it’s been a while since I’ve listened to their roster, so I might be a bit out of touch.

This

Remove thurstons dumb lyrics and remove kims retarded vocals and you have a band thats at least 10 times better. as it stands, i dont listen to them.

brainlet

Drop it if you didn't feel shit listening to The Sprawl or CTB