Tom Waits versus Nick Cave

Let's settle this once and for all Yea Forums

Attached: 1531267970199.jpg (649x471, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-H06AvUoMyU
strawpoll.me/17603467/r
youtube.com/watch?v=0XLdxxJEB80
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tom Waits was never in The Birthday Party, Cave wins

they're both tryhard faggots

Sorry, Tom. Cave has a greater output

Tom Waits wins, everyone else is cucked and bluepilled. Sorry lads

Tom Waits easily

bob

+1 for Tom

Nick Cave's only decent album is Skeleton Tree and only 50% of it is any good. Tom Waits has many, many great albums and dozens of 10/10 songs.

They are both great. Tom has higher highs, I guess, but his lows are also lower. I don't think I have a clear favorite, I haven't re-listened to their discogs in a long fucking time. Wish they did an album together, would probably be the bleakest shit ever.

Mr pocket

Both suck and are extremely overrated among hipster types

Everyone seems to have a different favourite from Cave's discography (with maybe Let Love In and Tender Prey being the only albums close to gaining any kind of consensus), but your opinion is still retarded af

both are total shit, but nick cave at least has some palatable songs

these

Nick Cave is pretentious and unlistenable rubbish, Tom Waits is an actual songwriter.

Bob Dylan rates Nick. He's still the only musician he's let cover one of his songs with additional lyrics

One of them created Your Funeral My Trial, one didn't. Cave wins and is far more Yea Forums than Waits

Attached: 883b1395-82c5-4090-b670-2a257c4a3f03.jpg (1280x1911, 876K)

Tom Waits certainly has the better albums to his name (Rain Dogs, Swordfishtrombones) but Nick Cave has been more consistent for longer, so he wins.

Tom is guilty of a lot of musical "acting" but it all seems like it comes from a genuine place. He seems to have a genuine affection, and maybe even an understanding, of the street people who inform so much of his writing.

Nick Cave, someone I've been absolutely desperate to have affection for, is just doing a kind of musical theater. I don't think he's a total phony, but I think he's mostly disingenuous in his work.

Best double EP ever released, so clearly Nick

Attached: 4254A8E9-5DE1-47EE-964D-BE881AA5E940.jpg (220x220, 28K)

they're both second-rate Captain Beefhearts

Just got Your Funeral My Trial on Vinyl so Nick Cave wins today. But I love Tom just as much

Tom reached greater heights musically, although Nick was always more consistent but not as flashy i guess.

Still Tom all the way personally.

The only Beefheart albums that actually sound like either are from after both were established figures

One looks like the asshole the other one fucked.

I just listened to Rain Dogs which seems to be considered Tom's best and while I really enjoyed it, Nick has 3 or 4 better albums. What would you Waiters recommend I listen to next to change my mind?

Small Change

You listen to Nick Cave? Dude is super animated

This is pretty good too. I think I'll give all his albums a try thanks

Sorry m8, but you're wrong. Cave's heart is in it, and he digs deep for the meaning

youtube.com/watch?v=-H06AvUoMyU

People often describe attending a Cave show as some kind of religious experience. I doubt many say the same re Waits

What's the closest musically Tom Waits got to Cave in the Birthday Party?

who are they

strawpoll.me/17603467/r

alright now everyone answer again
waits is the correct answer btw

Attached: 0980345860.png (300x300, 155K)

youtube.com/watch?v=0XLdxxJEB80

Or something off Bone Machine

Bone Machine
Swordfishtrombones
Closing Time
The Heart of Saturday Night
Nighthawks At The Diner

fpbp

J.G. Thirwell