/dgg/

Early hype edition (maybe too early)

So how are you doing Yea Forums? Am I the only one who can't fucking wait for new Death grips?

Attached: bucket.jpg (1177x753, 420K)

Other urls found in this thread:

recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10817
youtu.be/km7s9136p_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OH SHIT, IT'S SLASH!

You are such a fucking dumbass. That's obviously Eddie Van Halen in a Halloween costume.

I AM GONNA CUM.

Attached: kolvfkxfbgz01.jpg (1920x1080, 223K)

Alright, I'm fucking hyped. Buckethead + Zach Hill is a dream come true.

It's too good to be true, honestly.

He's not going to be playing on their next album you fucking dweebs sometimes musicians just hang out together

I didn't say he would, but how can we know for sure anyway?

Anyway, we can still be hyped because they are releasing a steroids vinyl. recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10817

I don't even like vinyl but I have the urge to get this

Yeah me too. This would be my first vinyl. I'm lucky my dad has a record player so it wouldn't be a useless purchase( I wouldn't be able to keep it sealed even if I didn't have access to a record player).

Why would he wear his whole gettup if they were just "hanging out"

Don't be fucking stupid

>not knowing buckethead lives in a chicken coop and is fucking insane

DGG IS BACK HOLYSHIT.
also am super hype about the collab with bucketboi. (literally fav guitarist, if u disagree u get sent to the gas chamber)

always ready for new dg

Attached: mfwfeelingit.gif (611x544, 236K)

boxenstein would lose his shit if he were still alive. rip

i honestly doubt buckethead hangs out with anyone for fun

Also, I just thought about this. Are you implying Zach posts on Instagram every time he is hanging out with a musician? I think this collab is happening. I hope it does. Please, Zach.
me too user c:

Neat, my brohter worships buckethead but can never get into death grips. It's going to be fun visiting again.

DG peaked during TPTB. Their projects after are ok, but nothing will come close to the genius of Government Plates.

>peaked during TPTB
they peaked in the first half, before Jenny Death was released.

FTFY

notm > steroids > gp

you are patrician for enjoying GP so much, but I think you should give YOTS another chance sometime; it has a lot of similar qualities to GP

Attached: 1516258317558.png (492x336, 207K)

Faggots, YOTS is their best album so far.

some YOTS tracks are really good. So is Steroids. I think they’re still good they’re just not as consistent as they used to be. I’ll still listen to new shit tho

Agreed
YOTS > The Money Store

YOTS gets old, trust me. I'm not saying the album is bad I actually liked it a lot, but after a bunch of re-listens, and comparing it to other dg albums, it just ain't as good.
Say what you will about post TPTB death grips, but it is still fun.

not disagreeing that it gets old. I feel their newer stuff isn’t as timeless as their early releases will be seen in the future

regards t. desperately trying to recreate the hype death grips had in 2013 and clinging onto what they once were

Get it together anons, it's just not the same anymore

i think bottomless pit is timeless. honestly i feel a lot of people hate on it because it's so catchy

They are still extremely fun to follow. To me, it doesn't really matter if their newer stuff is not as good.

I remember being 16

yeah you're obviously living in the past

actually retarded

god you guys are retards. even somebody new to dad grapes would be able to comprehend why the new albums suck. You're living in the past that you never experienced because you desperately want to be a part of the crowd that waited for nldw.

Attached: AauNxrf.jpg (700x483, 28K)

Better use of why me by far
youtu.be/km7s9136p_s

Ok, so I'm retarded, then help me
>comprehend why the new albums suck
Please. I'll wait.

yeah ok the wait is over faggot.
The new albums are trying too hard to appeal to the
>I'm so experimental xd
that they forgot that catchy songs or anything that resonates emotionally matters. The new albums carry no weight, they don't make me feel anything. There's nothing new that they're achieving, just being edgy. It's just death grips doing what they want, but they've done what they want. There's no more to add. They're good, but they won't be what the old albums were.

Well, too bad you can't enjoy dg as much anymore.
forgot that catchy songs or anything that resonates emotionally matters
wtf user. What about bottomless pit? Even YOTS has a handful of catchy and accessible song. I'll agree with you that they've reached their emotional peak at TPTB.
>The new albums carry no weight, they don't make me feel anything. There's nothing new that they're achieving, just being edgy.
Yeah, I kinda have to agree with you that bottomless pit and even YOTS can feel a little stale and dismissable sometimes, but they still have their value. I personally went through a lot of emotions listening to those albums, even though they weren't deep, they still had a big impact on me. This matter is really subjective so it's kinda pointless arguing about it.
>It's just death grips doing what they want, but they've done what they want.
Yes, and I want nothing more from them.
>There's no more to add
Maybe your high expectations are setting you up for disappointment. Why do you expect them to be so cutting edge every time?
>They're good, but they won't be what the old albums were.
I'm not going to say you are wrong here, but why does that matter? What they've done in the past is in the past. I like their music so I want more of it, regardless if it has that "spark" their old stuff has.

Oh fuck Oh fuck oh fuck

cringe

bottomless pit is a solid album but I don’t think it’ll be historically significant in the same way pre break up death grips records were. doesn’t mean it’s bad tho. People just hate it because it’s the point that they got really big and a BUNCH of normies joined the fanbase

>unirocanily saying cringe
At least you didn't say '"yikes"

unironically*

I made that mistake ironically.

holy shit LOL

yikes!

I made this gif

and I made it unironically
(though a tad sheepishly)

Attached: bbc7b.gif (1800x529, 1.35M)

I love it, user. Good job.

Söy boy

Attached: D8B0D51E-1ACF-4828-A645-2433CD36DF2A.jpg (750x1333, 84K)

why do you have a folder of handsome men on your computer, straight user?

WHY ANDY SO CUTE???? no homo

Attached: AAAAAA.jpg (600x350, 23K)

Bc he lookin like a dweeb I copied it from instagram

I wanted to look as dweeby as Andy :c

Dweeb

>dg x bucket collab may happen
>Yea Forums is not impressed

Attached: 23.jpg (86x37, 4K)

Yea Forums hates dg now because they arent obscure enough and because of their gain in popularity have attracted cringey fans.

i wouldnt get too hyped because they aint releasing anything until august 23

That's a terrible reason to dislike a good band.
Eh, I'm ok with waiting this long.

whatever

never cared much for Mr. Head and know nothing about his music

We need a buckethead connoisseur user to educate us

Death grips are so far up their own ass and the shtick is wearing off and pretty sure they have been in a record contract dispute since NLDW and these past two albums have been obligations and overseen by record producers to ensure they get their money.
>should the opportunity arise flies vomit me
>This a brand not your boy leave man

Hm. Interesting theory.

The fact that they are upfront about it is pretty cool imo (upfront in a thousand quotation marks)

Huge agree