"You know that terrible band GRETA VAN FLEET," Wilson said (hear audio around 31:50 mark below). "Do you know that band...

"You know that terrible band GRETA VAN FLEET," Wilson said (hear audio around 31:50 mark below). "Do you know that band? I think they're absolutely abysmal. I think they're terrible. I think it's a joke. But they're an example of a band, because they're pretty young boys, they look like a boy band, they play this really piss-poor, third-rate impersonation of LED ZEPPELIN. But they're pretty and they've had all the help of the media, the commercial machine behind them, and they've been able to reach a massive audience almost overnight by playing third-rate music. And I don't believe for one minute that anyone will even remember who they are in 10 years. Now, I might be wrong — maybe they'll prove me wrong. Maybe they'll suddenly develop into a good band and make a good record. But the point is, at the moment, they're not. They're like a boy-band version of LED ZEPPELIN."

Attached: Steven Wilson 2.jpg (275x183, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blabbermouth.net/news/steven-wilson-calls-greta-van-fleet-a-terrible-band-and-a-third-rate-impersonation-of-led-zeppelin/
alternativenation.net/steven-wilson-says-todays-rap-innovative-todays-rock/
youtube.com/watch?v=590BYwVuC_E&list=PL8a8cutYP7fqwGZAq3wB1b9G3Abo_FlYU
youtube.com/watch?v=FlO5Pzs4KSk
youtube.com/watch?v=5UVIpBVVQFk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Based Steven Wilson once again

>its another episode of old jelly cuck picks on some wybois opposed to the 3856654648 rappers with a photogenic image

are you retarded?
Steven Wilson is one of those wybois opposed to the 3856654648 rappers

show me one quote where he denounces and obliterates n**gg*rs

based

based

Link if anyone wants to hear the moment of annihilation
blabbermouth.net/news/steven-wilson-calls-greta-van-fleet-a-terrible-band-and-a-third-rate-impersonation-of-led-zeppelin/

Oh it's actually legit

steve wilson leads a band that has had its chance and gotten a resounding pass
his music is annoying and irrelevant and he's clearly jealous of younger more talented musicians experiencing the success he always craved

I'm sure he said this about their second EP, which was good.
The album is fucking terrible.

100% correct, yet the faggots on Yea Forums will still defend GVF. Watch them attack Steven himself and make no mention of the actual quote like did.

Attached: gbir.png (693x413, 260K)

>absolutely BTFOs Greta Van Hacks
>"o-oh yeah? w-well, your music sucks!"

Attached: chuckle.gif (250x250, 1.14M)

Also, he's being ridiculously kind to the drummer, bassist and guitarist. Yes, the singer sounds exactly like Plant at times. The singer is the only exceptionally talented member of the band. The drummer, bassist and guitarist are very clearly nowhere even near the talent levels of Bonham, Jones and Page. The guitar solos are literally all shit I could play a few months after picking up the guitar.

GRETA VAN FLEET IS A GOD TO ME

Absolutely fucking based and redpilled! I love Steven Wilson and his music even more now.
Either bait or a total lack of self awareness. For a prog musician, having an album on the charts that high is quite immersive, he's quite the biggest names in modern prog rock and he's able to sell out the Royal Albert Hall.
As for his music, I've seen him live and it was the best show I have ever seen. Pure emotion, pure passion, incredibly tight playing, I was totally blown away.
People like Steven Wilson are the one actually having talent and a vision about what music is. He's one of the few artists nowadays able to make music as an art form, not some entertainment product, like Greta van is doing.

Attached: images (18).jpg (185x272, 19K)

Reminder
alternativenation.net/steven-wilson-says-todays-rap-innovative-todays-rock/

so he is a nigger fetishising cuckold?

Nah, but his comments say a lot about how shitty today's mainstream rock is if even rap is more innovative.

Electronic music is the next frontier of guitar/rock music. Guys like Jeff Beck and Joe Satriani were waaaaaaaaaay ahead of the curve releasing electronic music albums.

Steven Wilson's next album will be more electronic music influenced. He knows his shit.

I mean, that's the only logical place for rock to go right now, right?

How ironic considering Wilson is a third rate progressive rock artist who just copies the sound from the bands of almost half a century ago lmao
And that's without even considering his cash grab that was To The Bone.

It is. I have been listening to a lot of krautrock and German electronic music recently and it is unbelievable how well electronics can work with guitars.
It's the only influence for rock music that's able to produce interesting, meaningful music.

exactly as i predicted, hes a cowardly old cuck

It's funny, I was just pondering the Krautrock influence on Wilco's "Spiders (Kidsmoke)," a very mainstream example of Krautrock influence, then you go and mention Krautrock. A song like that could easily work very well with a mixture of electronic beats, electronic effects and guitars.
Also, I find it interesting that Wilco was experimenting with these kinds of sounds back in 2004. Jeff Beck was doing electronic music in 1999 and Joe Satriani was in 2000. In Rainbows was a pretty prominent, fairly electronic rock album in 2007.
There's been hints of this shit in mainstream for a while now, but mainstream rock is still rooted firmly and entirely in analog instruments.

I'm a massive PT fan and I really want to like his solo stuff but apart from Insurgentes it's all just a bit "meh" to me

>For a prog musician, having an album on the charts that high is quite immersive,
no it fucking isn't, he's just ripping off 70s chart toppers like pointed out
your whole argument that he's a good musician because he sells records works exactly the same way for greta van fleet. GVF may not be creative, but at least they're young so they might grow into it. Wilson is an old hack destined to die an old hack.

>just copies the sound from the bands of almost half a century ago
Literally every prog band does that, its like a sort of tribute, Wilson has a couple good albums, dont be silly.

he's not wrong

This guy gets it >Literally every prog band does that
Only the bad ones do.
Also, To The Bone wasn't even a prog album, it ass just pop rock.

Krautrock in itself can be catchy, even if many people see it as rather experimental and hard to get into. What you've pointed are great examples of krautrock influenced music, meaning it might be the time to see more electronics in rock quite soon, even if, at the moment, it's mostly shit.
I never claimed he's a good musician because of his record sales, I tried to point out that he's quite relevant if we take in consideration how many people buy his music.
>ripping off 70s chart toppers
I can only tell influences in his music, he doesn't ripp off anyone. We can go on forever with every single band we can imagine and tell they ripped off someone else's work. 70s prog rock bands ripped off jazz and modern classical, jazz ripped off European melodies, those melodies were ripped off from another source and so on. It's called evolution. Thinking this means ripping off other musicians is futile and wrong.
Greta Van, on the other hand, are coping 70s bands in terms of music, attitude, aesthetics. They won't grow into something meaningful, as they are already successful and why would they change. They lack authenticity, while Steven Wilson has plenty of it.
No musician can be 100% original, that's for sure.

>Only the bad ones do.
Not true :)

>No musician can be 100% original
and that's exactly the point. Most bands start out straight-up copying other people. beatles, rolling stones, zeppelin, etc. GVF is just that + overexposure. This dude deciding to take a dump on a bunch of kids like that is hypocritical and needlessly negative.

>No musician can be 100% original, that's for sure.
The closest you could come would be to isolate a young child from music entirely and have them self-learn a musical instrument, then somehow keep the child completely isolated from recorded or performed music well into adulthood.

>unoriginal bands are not bad
Imagine being this retarded.

the child would have to invent his own instrument too
so basically at best he'd groan a two-note scale of the root and fifth like a neanderthal

I thought this guy was dead

now this is stevens FEET thread

Attached: 12312314124124.jpg (464x700, 34K)

Steven Wilson has always been criticising the music industry and the fact that a band like that rose to fame in such a short period of time is definitely something worth criticising. He might be negative, but he's totally right. I don't think they'll grow out of this LZ copycat phase as they are already successful and the chances to drop something totally different are, from my perspective, very low, as they have all the fame. Look at other popular bands from the past 30 years. They instantly become successful, but slowly fade away.

I think they suck. But Wilson is a carbon copy of 70s bands too.

>Anna von hausswolff
>bad

imagine having such a shit taste anyway who the fuck is this steve

I remember reading about him kicking out guitar players with chorus effects on their pedalboards because they sounded too dated or some shit like that. Now I see him taking a shit on this shitty band because they sound like Zeppelin.
I can agree with the core argument, but this guy was no self-awareness. He's the biggest retro fag in the music industry.

>I can only appreciate innovative music
>I cannot enjoy immaculately performed, but not innovative music
Imagine living this miserable of a life.

Not even close. Comparing the two is disingenuous at best.

Also, I must point out that GVF is obviously not immaculately performed music.

Wilson is neither.

There's no comparison in quality, but both acts have a fucking hard on for the 70s. Could've used better arguments but picked everything he's also guilty of making.

ive never lsitend to either of these guys music but i can tell you theyre both shit

Attached: wilson5.png (350x525, 281K)

this

the amount of hate they get for 'shallow' music is way more than the amount nig rappers get for producing the same fucking song a million times

its just cuz theyre white and people dont like the idea that a white rock band can be successful in 2019

Why does he do this

GVF's aping of Led Zeppelin style doesn't come close to Wilson's psych/prog influence. There's a difference between wearing your influence on your sleeve and blatantly copying a band's style down to the fucking clothes.
Like, even if you think Porcupine Tree are shit they at least have their own style. Try introducing someone to them and they'll at least recognize it as something new, even if they might say "hey, this reminds me of King Crimson". Meanwhile, show someone a GVF song and they'll likely confuse it for a shitty Led Zeppelin B-side.
There's a reason people don't hate bands like The Olivia Tremor Control (who takes a lot of cues from The Beatles and The Beach Boys) or The Strokes (who take a lot of cues from 60s-70s garage rock bands) nearly as much as GVF, and that's because they at least put some effort into their craft.

Eh... Autism?
He said that he always had a problem with shoes and didn't like to wear them as a kid. So, for most of the time, he would walk barefoot.
Kinda reminds me of myself, I'm always barefoot while at home.

Attached: SteveWilson_DSC1991.jpg (550x402, 271K)

Habit. He's always sort of disliked shoes.

Doesn't come close but Wilson is still aping on the production of obscure prog bands. In some ways, is even worse, considering he makes every band he produces sound the same. Opeth fucking never recovered.

pretty much
I mean, I dont particularly dislike (some) of his work, but since the early '90 he has put out incredibly unoriginal music and it's rich to see him making fun of some f*ggots doing the same thing

>porcupine tree's distinct style
youtube.com/watch?v=590BYwVuC_E&list=PL8a8cutYP7fqwGZAq3wB1b9G3Abo_FlYU
honestly fuck off
I thought fedora wearing prog metallers had all grown out of it years ago

this is true though, even if it makes /pol/tards angry and even though most hiphop sucks ass.

>I thought fedora wearing prog metallers had all grown out of it years ago
Why do you think all these 'prog' metal bands still release records? Because they still have a lot of fans who unironically would worship anything they put out. Like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=FlO5Pzs4KSk

This DOES have a distinct style and it's not even prog metal

Say what you want but this is a legit great album no matter what melon says

youtube.com/watch?v=5UVIpBVVQFk

Attached: cover.jpg (1024x1024, 223K)

Aren't they jewish?
Steven Wilson is the white one.

Battles are still the best electronic/rock band right now

Insurgentes is one of the most original albums he has ever made and yet Yea Forums ignores it while jerking off to Deathconsciousness

Except Steven Wilson has done lots of other music and the only albums derivative of 70s prog are The Raven and parts of GfD and HCE, he has made ambient and various other styles of alternative and pop rock, GVF just rip off Led Zeppelin

You are almost as retarded as people who called Mike Patton a hypocrite for dissing Wolfmother because he was making a record of Italian orchestral music without releasing that his catalog is much more diverse.

This

Fuck you TSMS is one of the best PT song
The live version is incredible.

And Porcupine Tree have been one of the most influential bands on modern prog metal bands like Obscura, Leprous, The Contortionist, Periphery, Caligula Horse or Dream Theater, he also got a lot of respect from classic artists.

Ancestral and Routine are some of his best songs

Attached: Daniel_Johnston-Hi_How_Are_You.jpg (220x340, 26K)

>he also got a lot of respect from classic artists
Fred Frith would call him a faggot tho

Attached: frith-00.jpg (600x315, 45K)

>only albums derivative of 70s prog are The Raven and parts of GfD and HCE
his whole production is derivative of 70s prog bands, and that includes bands he produced and mixed for
he's shitting (rightfully) on a shitty act, but he's shitting on them for stuff we all know him for

This.
Insurgentes is a masterpiece and one of the greatest albums that came out in a while.
I posted it several times, but I was totally ignored, which made me realise that a lot of people on this board are not familiar with his music.

Attached: 220px-Steven_Wilson_Insurgentes.jpg (220x201, 12K)

delete xbox live

rob zombie of prog rock calls out the electric wizard of cock rock

He's not entirely wrong when a band like Parquet Courts receive the level of attention they do, despite barely being more original than GVF.

Gizz is better

>Steven Wilson: My band shared an airport shuttle with [Odd Future] in Barcelona. They piled onto the shuttle late, after finally getting corralled by their minder, who was nursing a head wound with an ice bag wrapped in a towel. They piled in, niggering everything in sight, motherfucking the driver, boasting into the air unbidden about getting their dicks sucked and calling everyone in the area a faggot. Then one of them lit a joint (or a pipe, I didn't look) and told the driver to shut the fuck up nigger and smoked it anyway. A female passenger tried to engage one of them in conversation, but he just stared at her with a dead-to-me stare while his seatmate flipped double birds in her face. The whole trip they complained about not being at a McDonalds and repeatedly shouted for the motherfucker to pull over so they could get some fucking McDonalds nigger. Interspersed with the McDonalds requests were shouted boasts about how often they masturbated and fucked bitches nigger and got paid like a motherfucker fifty grand like a motherfucker. They continued complaining that the trip was taking too long and insisted they be fed immediately all the way to the airport, where their minder presumably fed them.

He's not wrong, but led zeppelin are fucking dinosaurs. The last cool thing any one from that band did was "it might get loud".

comes off as not genuine, considering it's the same comment every washed up rockstar makes after hitting the wall
it's probably true, but at the same time I doubt any rock or hip hop artist actually cares about being more innovative than any specific genre, it seems like that rivalry is imposed by the media and perpetuated by naive fans

it's literally a pink floyd clone with no soul and no personality

Some cracker who I can rob for two Fila socks and a snickers talks shit about four or some preppy kids that sound more like a B-rate Cinderella than Zeppelin.

Niggas Y'all killing the Rock scene with yo gay ass boomer attitude. We need a Funk influenced all designer Rock bands that is from the streets and is controversial af and not retro. Boom niggas, Rock is back in the trap.

Greta displays a shitty dadrock mentality that can fuck off but Stevens self-masturbatory boring prog-mindset can fuck off as well

my favorite part of Echoes is the Psytrance interlude

rock honestly needs to stay in the back, best shit always came from the underground
they do need to drop the boomer attitude and stop sucking old cow cock

I love hearing the programmed drums on Atom Heart Mother and flutes on Wish You Were Here

I genuinely despise pink floyd bro, sorry to burst your bubble

imagine missing the point this hard

>Access from your Country was disabled by the administrator

Fucking cucks

Daily reminder that this is how all nigs behave.

Attached: DButt.jpg (1114x627, 53K)

the man who made Luminol said this

Attached: 1551681054222.png (600x580, 360K)

"this is what you call" (somewhat my nigga)

i listened to them expecting them to not sound like led zeppelin since it seems the media is just clickbaiting to get attention from this zeppelin ripoff debate, and yeah they're definitely a zeppelin ripoff lmao
one of the most blatant i've heard

they make wolfmother sound like king crimson

Yeah, PT was actually quite unique in its combination of influences but more recently he's been straight up ripping off classic prog so it seems a bit hypocritical

I am a fan overall though and it's a shame Yea Forums only talks about him when he's IRL shitposting

he's right

That was Steve Albini you aspie.