Yea Forumscore that you tried to like but couldn't

MY friends ask me why I don't like this album and I can't really explain why. There is something about Jeff Magnum's wailings combined with the lyricism and trumpets that feels overly sentimental and desperate to come off as sensitive and vulnerable.

It just feels disingenuous to me for some reason

Attached: 220px-In_the_aeroplane_over_the_sea_album_cover_copy.jpg (220x220, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sb_VQRpOC4E
youtube.com/watch?v=Et5B-zfAIIo&t=0s&list=LLM9yDKKVMYWjLhjbTCjqOCQ&index=16
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Turn on the Bright Lights
Aside from Roland it's just not my thing.

It's okay, but way too lo-fi (if that's the correct term).
Far from the worst album I've ever heard but still not great.

Attached: my_bloody_valentine_loveless.jpg (1000x1000, 698K)

Agreed with this one too

this

I just never understood, kind of in the same way as something by Bob Dylan. To me, it's just another regular songwriter not doing anything too special.

Just keep listening. Exactly what you said is what i used to hate and now absolutely love.
I really, really don't like Loveless. It's just the constrast between dreamy and pschedelic and hard, rocky guitars. It takes me out of both sides.

Attached: pink moon.jpg (820x820, 90K)

This only clicks hard if you're underage. Otherwise, it needs to grow on you but still it'll just be a 7 at best.

My main problem is the songs are sooo damn repetitive, and the "oooh" "ahhh" vocals are cringe as fuck. Somehow a perfect blend of boring and irritating at the same time.

I liked this one pretty much immediately. The nostalgia factor is real and the lyrics are legit.
This one took awhile to click but I love it now. Maybe sounds cliche or edgy, but listening to it on drugs helps. Closest rock music has come to capturing the sensation of dreaming. Just the sound itself is a really compelling artistic statement to me
This is just an all around solid album. Good lyrics. Good guitar work. Good all around songwriting. Very good at establishing a mood as well.

I like it but it actually puts me to sleep. Or at the very least, I completely stop paying attention by the second song. It just becomes really gorgeous white noise for me after a while, and the only melody I remember is the first verse of the first song. I've listened (or at least tried, i guess) to the album at least 15 times at this point.
Again, I love the vibes of this album and how it puts me into a long lull unlike most other albums but at the same time there's no particular moment that sticks out to me

This album, aside from having amazing guitar work, marks the point in Nick Drake's life where it really started to go downhill, eventually leading to him overdosing on antidepressants, which is why it clicks with a lot of depressed niggas

dut dut dut dut VRRRROOOOOOOOM VROOOOOOM

probably something by bjork

these and also pic related

Attached: Pet Sounds.jpg (220x220, 22K)

Anything by Death Grips. Do people actually like that shit or just pretend they do? I'm a big fan of gangsta rap and I even stomach some mumble rap from nowadays but DG is just some retards shouting into a mic for me

>liking gangsta rap
>thinking DG is unmusical shouting
pick one

If you unironically think Me Against The World and Illmatic sound the same as Money Store you must be tone deaf

>he likes Illmatic
oh, that explains it, you're legally deaf. find a hobby that your disability doesn't interfere with, thanks

>Illmatic is retarded music but DG is good

Attached: kek.png (260x324, 105K)

>no u
how eloquent

>calling me out for no uing after no uing
based retard

lmao that's your argument too

nope, this was what happened
>DG is just yelling, gangsta rap is better
>gangsta rap is just yelling
>I like Illmatic
>no you don't
>no u
>how eloquent

>Animal Collective/Panda Bear
>Antlers
>Brand New
>Microphones
>Sufjan Stevens
Any of the sadboi Americana shit desu. But its probably not aimed at me in any case. And oddly enough I do really like ITAOTS.

>sadboi Americana
>includes Sufjan and AnCo
what the fuck are you on

If you listened to rap for more than 1 track from each album and compared you would notice the difference in beats, themes, and ryhme styles making them not alike despite being on the same genre. But hey you're obviously fishing for (you)s as I am so we can end the discussion on you don't like rap

>fishing for (You)'s
you just now realized?
>you don't like rap
yes I do, I just don't like 90's garbgae

The opener is nice but the next 4 tracks or so do not sound at all like the best album of the '60s. Also, I'm usually not picky about production quality but I can't stand how overblown the sound is, like they didn't realize it was in the red for the whole time.
I guess I don't understand the influence this album had, but at the same time it just sounds mediocre.

Attached: gayvoice.jpg (300x300, 40K)

literally every Yea Forums core album except for loveless
>ITAOTS
the most overrated album period. this is a grown man talking about how he wants to fuck anne frank over some folky guitars and distorted bass, yet you hipsters just eat the shit up.
>Kid A/Ok Computer
I liked these albums when i was younger but if im gonna be completely honest with myself i just wanted to seem smart. there are some radiohead songs i still love to this day but these albums are a drag to listen to.
>Soundtracks for the blind
I vividly remember taking my dog for a walk in the forest and putting this album on hoping for something new to listen to. I kept thinking to myself "ok when does the good part start" about halfway through the walk i heard the autistic moans in the album and immediately put on something else. theres no way you fuckers actually listen to this.
>American Football
I actually have alot of respect for this album, i think its really melancholy and makes you feel like you are right there in the house. However i tend to zone out during it and it just hasnt clicked yet. That being said i will give it a few more listens.
>Trout Mask Replica
do i even have to explain myself with this one. you guys are really taking a 60 year old meme album made by some severely mentally ill person seriously?
>The Money Store
I love this album but i just cant take these guys seriously anymore and i havent been able to since last year. theyve just become a soiboy hipster meme. their fans are hot topic tier art hoes and i want nothing to do with it. every time i hear their songs now i cringe.

BASED BRAINLET

I just don't get it. Born Under Punches and Once in a Lifetime are alright, everything else I don't get the appeal of. I haven't listened to any other Talking Heads albums, so maybe I just need to listen to something more accessible first or something, idk

Attached: TalkingHeadsRemaininLight.jpg (300x300, 71K)

All of AnCo, I just think it’s boring as fuck

>he likes Loveless
holy fuck you're reta-
>he irrationally hates SftB
oh nevermind it's bait, got it
these two are also bait

>Anyjenwuo dislikes something I like is bait
Kys

I think if I had to only listen to a bunch of albums for the rest of my life, ITAOTS would be one of those. It just doesn't get old to me, songs could be 15 minutes long and I'd still love it.

Agree here. Can't get why it's so amazing for some people. Also I don't feel an album as a whole but rather a bunch of random songs put together.

Give it time and listen to Feels, MWPP and Strawberry Jam. It eventually clicks. If not, it's okay, we still love you user.

>whenever someone has a contrarian opinion, it is never bait
also what the hell is anyjenwuo?

Anything from the last 10 years yeah, did you listen to strawberry jam though? I dont see how anyone could think that album was boring, its just so manic and crazy with such great melodies all over the place

Sorry I had a stroke here

I think you meant
>Anything from the last 9 years yeah, did you listen to mpp though? I dont see how anyone could think that album was boring, its just so manic and crazy with such great melodies all over the place

>judging a band based on their fanbase
>not liking the newest death grips album which is objectively one of their best
I actually respect most of your opinions but this shit made me realize you are a bit of a faggot

the circled ones in pic

Attached: these.png (657x460, 462K)

>he circled MPP
>he didn't circle Loveless
oh you poor soul

I really don't get Burial. I want to understand, but I just didn't

>theres no way you fuckers actually listen to this.

This actually made me laugh, thanks user
>Why don't people like what I like reeeeee

>why doesn't everyone on Yea Forums agree and never argue reeeeeeee

Not main Yea Forumscore but I can't into krautrock. It's quiet and drawn out and not stimulating. Oh Yeah is a banger though.
Definitely banana for me. I like every track on WL/WH but banana's just a bore.

Attached: serveimage(3).jpg (1280x1280, 179K)

try not being a pleb

It's fine to disagree, this is basically unpopular opinion thread

What's foggy is when you call people a brainless and label their post bait because you cannot fathom the idea of another non-retarded person disliking something that you like

this is bait

Help user. I'm being sincere. I've never listened to electronic music before or since so I have no idea what I'm supposed to be listening for

imagine you're walking through a rainy city at night time, or better yet do that whilst listening to burial with headphones

not bait. genuinely couldnt into. tried a couple times but it all seems so childish.

Attached: wm.jpg (640x640, 107K)

I'll do it tomorrow. Maybe it will click

The Money Store. The first song is good enough, but I turn it off at the second song every time ive tried to listen to it.

TVU and TMR are unironically the best Yea Forumscore albums and if you don’t like them stop listening to music. MPP is the worst

AnCo's MPP just doenst work for me, it feels too saccharine.

dont turn it off next time

I love MPP but I could totally see why that would put you off the album

FUCKING KEK AT ALL THESE PLEBS WHO CAN'T INTO LOVELESS

Attached: 1545849877523.jpg (720x755, 29K)

these

it's just not good. it's been ironically adored for so long that it finally turned into geniuine unironic adoration. it got meme'd into patracian status. nothing against you if you enjoy it though.

You're a sociopath, OP. You don't feel normal emotions. In fact, you probably don't feel emotions at all, and when someone around you is, say, crying, you believe that they are feigning vulnerability and rather than comfort them, you seethe within your own psyche at how vindictive and manipulative that person is being.

jfc the projection of this post

>I don't know what projection means
OP literally said he believes the emotional content of ITAOTS is "disingenuous". He probably thinks all naked expression of emotion is disingenuous. I'd have to wonder what he thinks of John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band.

If you can't into minimalism then you're gonna have a hard time with Can. Maybe try Future Days - its a bit more rewarding. And Mother Sky shreds.

If you want a krautrock band that just slams out bangers I'd sooner recommend Amon Duul.

t. read the OP
user, nobody reads the OP, just look at this guy over here and tell me that OP's ever mean anything

''438611
>got memed"
>released in 91
>sets all of the fundamentals of an entirely new genre during the 90s
its not like the band made some slow progression to their masterpiece via EP's or some dumb shit like that haha just vacuum sounds lol

its literally the most transcendental album ever made.

AT EVERY SINGLE moment this MASSIVE sonic collage hits you with layers that somehow manage to sound organic together and snugly compliment each other perfectly.

you probably dont recall a tambourine sound but even that took a week to record for a mere 2 seconds. every single layer is given careful and almost religious respect to amplify the experience and to interact with other layers

just compare other shallow attempts at massive sonic collages that are not only lacking in layers but in their clunky interaction
youtube.com/watch?v=sb_VQRpOC4E

Loveless is an album that will reward you as you dig deeper. its not a mere "meme" (You) faggot

Attached: 1538281287007.png (842x333, 253K)

seething

havent heard everything (quite frankly i dont want to, i think you guys have shit taste) but these ones i couldnt into

Attached: these suck.jpg (2060x3825, 2.94M)

This chart is pretty old tho, so it's not a complete accurate representation of 2019 Yea Forums

'439073
ofc im seething your pleb ears literally dismiss one of the most special albums ever made as a mere "meme"
its really easy to take a masterpiece like Loveless for granted in the modern age so i hope you change your mind or give it another shot

Attached: 156215182919231.jpg (225x225, 11K)

not even him, just acknowledging how mad you are over someone's music taste. how embarrassing, fishing for (You)'s in such a pathetic way

Wow, this is a pretty disgusting thread. Imagine not understanding basic indie folk, or literally just pop music.

>it's been ironically adored for so long that it finally turned into geniuine unironic adoration.
fucking hell you really believe this?

I can't stand this album

Attached: 1408922786831.png (1650x707, 1.71M)

Or this album

Attached: mbdtf.jpg (1898x840, 429K)

watch this youtube.com/watch?v=Et5B-zfAIIo&t=0s&list=LLM9yDKKVMYWjLhjbTCjqOCQ&index=16

how could u not get into aphex

>it this it
>unknown pleasures
>safe as milk
>you're living over me
ok this is plebby

Valid, but that album is far from lo-fi. The production in it was insane.

thank you.

I believe it as much as I have to believe that people actually listen to that garbage.

You just sounds insecure and airheaded. Need to explain yourself better

Most of my favorite albums are on the mu core list, but I’ve only been on here for a couple years. Of course my taste is shaped by the Internet, it’s not 1960. Is this just mu’s long reaching influence?

Or is it some kind of analogous evolution of faggots??

Kek

This also. I cant help but imagine a hipster cuck guy with a manbun singing it. Too fake deep and excessively whiny for me.

Nigga i loved MBV and Loveless even before i discovered music forums or Yea Forums

>do not sound at all like the best album of the '60s
well yeah, you're listening to the velvet underground and nico, and not pet sounds

I can’t get into pet sounds for shit. I can’t even get into smile. Most mu shit I don’t like I can at least understand its merit.

Feel like everyone has these awesome albums but me user

Sorry to hear that, I hope you find it enjoyable someday.

(only MPP, AnFo, HaNL)
Would've posted this had they not been already, especially Loveless & TVU&N. High, drunk, sober, nothing does it for me.

As for The Brave Little Abacus, I really want to like it. The album cover is based, but the music stands out in very few places. Highlights are Pile! No Pile! Pile!, Please Don't Cry They Stopped Hours Ago, Can't Run Away, and The Blah Blah Blahs. Those are only like 6-7/10 each, some less. The rest of the songs are < 3/10. I was most disappointed with It's Not What You Think It Is.

Attached: tbla.png (550x550, 274K)

Ok Computer and Kid A

i think smile is okay but pet sounds is better. its appeal to me is really a combination of factors. it's just so heart-rending in its sincerity, especially with the story of brian wilson behind it, and musically it is fantastically written. but even with all of that it didn't really click entirely until this terrible breakup following a four year relationship that i had.

' 9108
>couldn't into
>discovery
>blue album
>demon days
>nevermind
>Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band
>thriller
>Led Zepplin Iv
>Animals
>DSotM

not even going to continue. This is the most deliberate (you) fish I've ever seen, and you only got 3 of them. How does that make you feel?

>nu-Yea Forums literally cannot into fucking pop music
Jesus christ no wonder this board has gone to shit.
only acceptable answers itt. the rest of you should leave this board

man am I just a weirdo or something, but I like literally every single album itt, it baffles me that someone can listen to TVU&N and not get anything from it, or Pet Sounds, or Remain in Light. idk if I’m weird about that but I enjoy all of it

used to think the same thing, started to realize that TOOOOOOONS of people don't see music as anything deeper than themed noise. Really bummed me out when I had that realization.

rdj and drukqs are great, his ambient stuff is lame

Agreed with both. It makes me feel super simp but music is more or less how I access my emotions. I'm appreciative of a lot of Yea Forumscore music for the feelings it enhances.

I also enjoy literally every album posted ITT. One thing you gotta realize is most of the crossposters are just listening to these albums off YouTube/spotify on their shitty phone speakers with no real vested interest to begin with

disagree

agree

Exactly the same here, there are so many albums or songs that create insanely vivid emotional responses for me. Whenever I try to describe American Football to people, I always come up with the same explanation. The album, to me, makes me feel like I'm lying in a hammock during a hot June sunset, thinking about bittersweet memories from when I was younger and imagining if doing things differently really would have made me feel better or not. That sentence is the ONLY way I've been able to describe the album.

I think you need to be severely depressed to really get this album, it's the sound of a man who's given up on life

>you're living over me
retard

One thing this record is not is disingenuous. This was made in the 90s when bands like this were just doing stuff, not trying to go viral on the internet. It's success was a surprise to everyone.

I can't believe I share the same board with you plebians

Attached: 1531045042976.png (400x318, 161K)

>plebeian
You stupid twat

fuck you i'll type it how I want to you faggut

I’m definitely not a sociopath but thank you for diagnosing me, Dr. Doolittle

>disliking something means you “didn’t get it”

Try again, numbnuts

You type like a bellend trying to sound smart. Too young to be here fuck off

Attached: 634382e629bb958dbf56523998f83734.jpg (1000x1000, 146K)

Too bad you don't like HANL
but also, good for you. You must be happy.

I can agree
Runaway and so appalled are good but the rest is just par pop rap.

Agreed. I just can't seem to give a shit about swans no matter how hard I try. And I listen to other stuff that is similar I guess or weirder at the very least.

sounds like a smelly 15 year old autist yelling into a microphone over generic shoegaze/post-punk instrumentation. also would be utterly irrelevant it weren’t for virgins on a zambian sustainable farming imageboard.

Attached: 90B7AFED-F30B-4C90-8670-986DDE35675D.jpg (1024x1024, 252K)

It's so boring

Attached: Neu.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Aeroplane is a good album. The ending of it is kinda weird. Kind of wish the album ended after Oh Comely though the story requires those last 3 tracks. Oh well, still a 7/10 for me.

Are you fucking stupid. People from NYC really shouldn't even have an opinion on rap

>the money store and mpp
ultra fucking pleb
you have to be such a fucking pleb to not like MPP at all

my god you poor poor plebs

Attached: Pepe didn't like that.png (1000x700, 101K)

>stfb
u dun goofed

i understand where you're coming from with how you can't take death grips seriously
all their cancerous reddit fans listen to takyon or guillotine and think to themselves
>FUNNY MAN SCREAM LOUD!XD
and don't get me started on the comment sections of their music videos
filled with nothing but 12 year old redactors and fantanofags

this. the "African" elements are appropriative and the whole thing just feels like Patrick Bateman's idea of good left-field music

yea its not for everyone. i personally liked the instruments and vocal effects

Listen to Speaking in Tongues instead. Personally I enjoy it much more than Remain in Light.

Don't force yourself to listen to Yea Forumscore, that's not how you enjoy music. Listen to whatever you feel like listening to instead or you'll never understand what you're listening to

>Maybe sounds cliche or edgy, but listening to it on drugs helps. Closest rock music has come to capturing the sensation of dreaming. Just the sound itself is a really compelling artistic statement to me
Is this a fucking pasta or what
Christ you are dense

>the "African" elements are appropriative
What a fucking asinine thing to think, say or care about. I can't believe I share a board with faggots like you. It is a pop album with African drumming, it's not complicated or deep.

Houses in Motion is the best song on that album

GODLESS HEATHENS

It’s actually one singular retard shouting into the mic

>nu-Yea Forums is full of people who can't get into fucking ITAOTS and TVU&N
>as a direct result nu-Yea Forums contains people who think they're weird or unique for liking fucking ITAOTS and TVU&N
I hate you niggers so much. Stop ruining my board. Leave.

Listen it through like 5 more times and you'll start liking it

>this is a grown man talking about how he wants to fuck anne frank over some folky guitars and distorted bass
That's absolutely based and very relatable though.

I've already listened to it 6 times at my friends behest

anything by AnCo that isnt MPP, MBDTF even though im a huge ye fan i think this is my least favourite album by him asides from WTT.

I can't get into Dalek for shit

My love of IAOTS is mostly based on my having a psychotic breakdown (unrelated to the album), at the same time. It helping me get through it is the reason I particularly love it. I couldn't be upset if anyone else didn't like it because I don't get how you can enjoy it without having been batshit nuts.

I'll go on to say, I don't get how normie hipster types can claim to love this album.

This album is fucking shit. I'm sorry, but it's so positive that it loses all meaning and just gets saccharine. I can't stand all the praise it gets.

personally I just can't stand the lyrics, they're just too damn happy for me
maybe it'll click if I ever fall madly in love

Attached: abstract feel.jpg (680x684, 42K)

buddy ahaha I never said I was unique for liking them, I’m just beyond surprised that people don’t because I was under the impression that a majority of people on a *music* board can’t enjoy some of the most important works of the *music* canon

note the key difference between "Wow a lot of people seem to dislike accessible pop music here, I must be a weirdo haha" and "What is wrong with this actual fucking dilettantes"
u aren't weird, this board is just going downhill because retards who don't care about music brigade it to talk about pop or rap or some stupid shit and they can't into slightly unorthodox rock music.

>implying there is a *music* canon
literal dadrock-tier thinking
get some taste of your own instead of nodding along to whatever is critically acclaimed

>it's so positive
>he doesn't actually listen to the lyrics