Will Paul ever make his own “Blackstar”?

Will Paul ever make his own “Blackstar”?

Attached: 6956EADE-E427-46EA-A622-0DECE14ACF81.jpg (1600x2053, 280K)

He already did, it's called Egypt Station

is it as garbage as im imagining it is?

Fuh You is his definitive career retrospective.

i mean get a more irrelevant subject than "Egypt", holy shit.

He already did, it’s called Rubber Soul

>rubbing soles
what did he mean by this?

>*SNNIIIFFFFFF*
>GIIIIRRRLL

why is he pulling sid vicious on speed faces

Unironically, no, he's not that kind of artist. Blackstar is an intensely personal album. McCartney likes to maintain a distance between his public persona and his private self. I suppose you could argue that that's what Bowie did throughout his life, and that Blackstar was him "letting the mask drop" if you will.

But just as Paul couldn't make something like Blackstar, Bowie couldn't do the thing that Paul has done at least four times to my knowledge: Playing 95-100% of the instruments on an entire album. Paul's ability to go into a studio and make an entire album without any assistance is one of the most impressive things about him. They're both two of the greatest artists of the 20th century. The world is a worse place without Bowie in it and will feel a similar loss when McCartney dies.

Tl;dr no, he has different strengths and has done things that bowie never could

This and Paul has more or less gone full hack. Three substance-void albums in a row has me thinking that he's done for. Not saying that I even think Black Star is a 10/10, it's a solid listen maybe 7/10 but it sometimes feels pretty empty though there are big moments.

Memory Almost Full was a surprisingly good album for Paul that late in his career his albums had been see-sawing between really bad and pretty good but he didn't make a streak out of the quality of Memory Almost Full.

Shitty fake hand claps is his career retrospective?

mccartney iii will be his last album and it will be a masterpiece
mark my words
underrated

to bad he beat his wife lol

Personally I like New and Egypt Station, though to each his own I suppose.

Have you heard Electric Arguments? I think it's Paul's strongest "old man" album, and one of his strongest overall. It seems like using the alias of The Fireman allows him to escape from the pressure of being Paul McCartney, if that makes sense.

It's called Temporary Secretary

Serious answer, wasn't Driving Rain the closest McCartney's got to Blackstar territory?

>I like New and Egypt Station
I don't see the appeal at all, even from a "fun" stand point the albums don't sell me. They just sound super corny and like he's completely run out of good ideas.

Also yeah Fireman albums are cool

What makes you think that?

I honestly thought New was a really good album.

I don’t Paul to die bros. I’m so scared for when the day comes

Attached: 14D501F2-FAA0-498F-8786-067D6A802550.png (209x241, 8K)

It comes for all of us

Attached: C279247A-684B-4659-ADEE-28D10C2C83B5.jpg (600x900, 91K)

I've never considered this possibility. I want it more than anything else in life.
And I know he would never do it. He's done bros.

Attached: baul.jpg (492x552, 43K)

Anyone else going to see him in concert this summer? Just saw he was doing a tour, gonna go to either LA or San Diego. I don’t even care if I go alone, this might br his last one..

Can you imagine how fucking awesome it would be if Paul pulls out all the stops for his last album? Calls it McCartney III, strictly insists on it being released after he dies. People call it his best work since Abbey Road, no since Pepper, no...ever. This is what he's remembered for. It's the album of the decade for the 2020s.

What do you guys think Paul is like behind his public persona? I suspect he's a far more serious person, and his public persona is his way of coping with having a ungodly amount of fame for the vast majority of his life.

No, Paul is unironically less talented as a songwriter than Bowie
Blackstar got attention from the mainstream because it was his best album for a long time and he died immediately after it’s release (tying into the album itself).
However, Bowie had been releasing good music again since the 90s.
It just didn’t get the same attention that blackstar went on to receive because those albums lacked the same level of backstory that normie s love and black star had.
McCartney has been releasing complete wank for decades,
his final album prior to his death might get attention but it won’t be as good as black star or get the same attention

Attached: D28D2961-921D-4418-9C22-1DA5777D0729.jpg (1800x2405, 835K)

You're probably right

Stupid sonic poster, please listen to his work again and tell me that Paul is a worse songwriter than Bowie. He is a pop genius and is able to arrange his music all by himself.

He's got crowds at his window, dogs at his door...
I don't think he can take anymore.

Guys I have a bad feeling Paul is gonna go next

Then all we'll have is Ringo "I beat my wife" Starr

But blackstar is a mere copy of rock bottom by robert wyatt done poorly

he's a mason, it's relevant

>implying Paul doesn't have an army of session musicians and engineers at his disposal any time he enters the studio

>implying a guy who plays by ear "arranges" stuff

>implying he even bothers getting his hands dirty in Pro Tools

>implying he writes complete parts for instruments he doesn't play, and doesn't just communicate what he wants from session players using vague verbal cues like everyone does

retard

Then why doesn’t scruffy like it?

Because is a poor copy of the real thing like i tried to say

No because Paul is a garbage songwriter.

God I hate that kike lover

No because he doesn't amount to a fraction of the talent of Bowie.

He was in The Beatles, for fucks sake. Most overrated art to exist.

You are missing the point. Both Bowie and The Beatles are equally overrated, instead we should be looking at the best band of all time...The Kinks

if by "blackstar" you mean mediocre album taken as a masterpiece because he died shortly after making it, then maybe