60s: The Beatles

>60s: The Beatles
>70s/80s: Electric Light Orechestra
>90s: Oasis
Who was the successor of the Beatles in the 00s and 10s?

Attached: 2FBEE1AA-A1CB-49C0-9033-1F3FE125F150.jpg (1125x984, 501K)

Tame Impala

Also, the 80’s should go to XTC.

Oasis. Ha yeah ... good one!

Agreed about XTC

xtc cannot write a memorable hook outside like three songs.

talk talk

Tears for Fears you maggots.

the 70s should be raspberries

>60's The Beatles
>70's Pink Floyd
>80's David Bowie
>90's Radiohead
00's ?
10's ??

Radiohead is objectively Velvet Underground if they were popular. Oasis is literally 90s Beatles, they stole little things like John Lennons glasses and the songwriting style.

I am going to say:
00s was Coldplay
10s was Imagine Dragons

I feel the opposite, actually. They can really only write the hook, and then don't know what to do with the rest of the song, so they just repeat the hook endlessly until you hate it.

Elliott Smith
The man was obsessed with The Beatles. He listened to Magical Mystery on a literal loop every single day of recording Either/Or and every album onward sounded like he was trying to be them.

That's just objectively wrong.

(you)

This is also objectively wrong.

Fuck YES. The group has anamazing and consistent discography.
Disagree

80’s vote is for XTC. Ive been making threads about them here recently and get nothing but good feedback and discussion so that’s awesome.

Attached: 01A4229C-F0D7-4A42-8AAA-118363045508.jpg (317x313, 31K)

I’m talking stylistic, not in terms of “greatness” or “influence” or anything. Electric Light Orchestra and Oasis are both very similar to the Beatles, Pink Floyd and David Bowie are very different though both great. Radiohead isn’t a terrible answer, but I still think Oasis is closer

eh I can kinda see it
his melodies are the only ones in the thread that can match them too, maybe even surpass

stylistically then I agree, but oasis come up way short in terms of quality

definitely xtc for the 80's

I like this thread

TIL you can be this retarded

Based.