*is more talented than Radiohead, Pink Floyd, The Velvet Underground, King Crimson, My Bloody Valentine, Beach Boys...

*is more talented than Radiohead, Pink Floyd, The Velvet Underground, King Crimson, My Bloody Valentine, Beach Boys, Beatles, Miles Davis, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, Black Sabbath, Neutral Milk Hotel, Godspeed You Black Emperor, John Coltrane, Talking Heads, Joy Division, Pixies, Kendrick Lamar, Nick Drake, The Smiths, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Kanye West, Nas, Arcade Fire, Wu-Tang Clan, Madvillain, Charles Mingus, Nirvana, Television, Slint, The Cure, Sigur Rós, Sonic Youth, The Clash, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Metallica, Dj Shadow, Portishead, Leonard Cohen, Can, Yes, Neil Young, Tom Waits, A Tribe Called Quest, Sufjan Stevens, Slowdive, Björk, The Stooges, Frank Zappa, Aphex Twin, Talk Talk, Kate Bush, Love, GZA, Marvin Gaye, The Rolling Stones, The Zombies, The Who, Elliott Smith, and Brian Eno in your path*

Attached: 951CFC85-9893-4A63-9A04-DE513F3493A6.jpg (1000x800, 193K)

disney prog

>is more talented than copypasta
>can't write a better song than copypasta

And yet he’s never written a single thing worth listening to

Attached: 96F1C7A8-42EE-4124-9C8D-037A590B7302.jpg (1200x992, 64K)

It's like a computer program you taught to write code itself by learning from its own code. But on the way, you fucked something up so it knows everything about coding but can't write an effective piece of code.

>is an amazing instrumentalist, singer, theorist, arranger, composer
>has 0 good original songs

>negative harmony

Attached: Jacob_Collier_BTFO_By_Based_Hindemith.png (470x283, 68K)

>is more talented than Kanye West

In what way is he more talented than every single member of every single one of those bands? His music is fucking awful

>Went down the RYM top 100 and used the artists
Kill yourself you fucking zoomer, awful bait

Is that the gritty van flute kid?

Collier is vastly ignored by the music media and "real music fans" simply because he lacks the sort of personality we've been teached to expect from a genius. He is a friendly open figure, with very standard looking youtube videos and a 100% juvenile personality, even too juvenile for his 22/24 years. If you can go past that and simply listen to his music... Man, it's great! Some good songs are sometimes lost in between the overworked arrangement and structure, but maybe that's why they sound so fresh! The words are not deep, but the music goes deeper than most hipster-hyped celebrated records from the past decade, I should say. Collier is great and he sort of exposes a lot of the cynical nature we find today in the music world.

Is he not? Do you even know what you’re talking about?

Fuck off back to your board and never come back.

i miss collier posting

Attached: 1531003136608.png (2000x2000, 2.48M)

I remmeber those threads, comfy

That was like a couple months ago, idiot. Stop making everything seem like a nostalgia trip down memory lane.

i'm not being nostalgic, i'm just sad it only lasted a week

>is more talented than Radiohead, King Crimson, MBV, Miles Davis, Bowie, NMH, Coltrane, Talking Heads, Mingus...
Fuck is you on nigga?

Ahh okay. We can bring it back bro i'm with you on that

just like Joanna

Thom can't read music.

>reading music = talent
Congratulations, you win Dumbest Post of the Day!

He's a great music educator, and his knowledge of theory and instrumental/vocal abilities are truly impressive, but everything he writes (or covers) turns into the same kind of harmonically oversaturated trip-hoppy jazz-funk that's just too dense and saccharine to be truly enjoyable for more than a couple minutes.

Adam Neely falls into the exact same trap as well. It's like they're so focused on trying to cram as many musical ideas into every song that they don't have room to really develop any of them. Both are very brilliant musical minds but they lack the restraint to compose music that doesn't sound like a series of exercises.

Jacob seems like a really likable kid and I'd love to chat with him about music, but I don't enjoy listening to his albums or watching his videos at all. No disrespect tho.

>... Man, it's great! Some good songs are sometimes lost in between the overworked arrangement and structure, but maybe that's why they sound so fresh!

shut the fuck up and go back

Attached: idiot.jpg (320x320, 18K)

>"what bs accent is that"
What a fucking tool.

hemidemisemiquaver isn't a weird word. it's what they call 64th notes in England and France etc.

Attached: 1552044416587.jpg (500x695, 67K)