stringtensuonpro.com/
>Music theory:
masictheory.net/lessuns
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
fradua.com/guitar_craftpeidia_en.html
youtube.com/chainel/UCXU3GYv5yEzuPePqXOiBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPagis/Luthier/Tachnique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhf!5nEaeUD8xQYO8ipUopViqw

old thread

Attached: [email protected] (642x361, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reverb.com/item/18850012-emg-h3-and-h4-passive-humbucker-set
vocaroo.com/i/s1SdaxSDncX8
musictheory.net/exercises/ear-note
vocaroo.com/i/s1HNcf1zMSAz
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVf-sX5pR7U
vocaroo.com/i/s1YKv5ySTXt6
vocaroo.com/i/s13P5zuX2TS5
vocaroo.com/i/s1xJI7wT3EnK
vocaroo.com/i/s1gRt6dykXix
vocaroo.com/i/s0LHjbtUMAeC
youtu.be/-qDJs7YntX8
youtu.be/44ZTJ4HGEDA
youtube.com/watch?v=SrY7rljHjwQ
youtu.be/hqTBxTqbInk
youtu.be/-Ldl5NJKIkM
youtube.com/watch?v=8ndeq-sw8I4
youtube.com/watch?v=-SbfGGesm6M
youtube.com/watch?v=kyQjnG4j2_o
youtube.com/watch?v=Zyhu2ysqKGk
youtube.com/watch?v=F89-MOy7Xfg
guitarcenter.com/Used/Dean/Hardtail-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar
youtu.be/er9aMAunGgs
youtube.com/watch?v=cno20onK9dY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bad links
Ignore this thread

asking this again
where do effects like arpeggiators and stutters belong on a pedalboard? like in what order would you put them?

first for bass

Attached: IMG_1284.jpg (4032x3024, 2.08M)

>tfw only a Gibson™ is good enough

Attached: Untitled.png (2986x1680, 2.71M)

Is it worth it? All I play is shitty metal.

reverb.com/item/18850012-emg-h3-and-h4-passive-humbucker-set

>can't afford new strings
>high end and b are broken
How can I keep learning with only the bottom four strings

strings are $10 nigger

pretend it's a bass
or be less poor

Nobody cares bud

But I want to do chords not just bass.

I'm homeless.

You can’t. Better start begging brother. Maybe even beg outside a guitar center

>you can't
Proof ?

you can get strings for $5

Do p90s or humbuckers have more harmonic overtones? I dont mean louder pinch harmonics but instead more overtones and harmonic richness with sound. What's the more harmonically rich pups your ever heard?

I have this "whole lotta humbucker" pup in the neck of one of my guitars that has tons of harmonic overtones and sounds incredibly rich because of it.

That's a nice bass user treat it right.

tobacco sunburst is such a fucking color choice of a 12 year old ha ha

ty bb

no they don't have more overtones. if you want more overtones, bring the pickup closer to the strings.

protip: you probably don't want that. makes it muddier

post bologn

I really want a 12 strings, should i go for it? I have 500 eurobucks and i hesitate between this danelectro or guitar pedals (second hand eventide pitchfactor and something else)

Attached: 1526237150811.jpg (1500x1500, 87K)

Do it

Not the guy you’re replying to but what is a better range of more versatile tones?

Looking at meme revstars right now and it’s either H/H or P90/P90, not really sure which to choose.

who here ear training
vocaroo.com/i/s1SdaxSDncX8

musictheory.net/exercises/ear-note
me too sSam

you better capitalize

Attached: Screenshot_4.jpg (930x289, 35K)

>Google Tradutor
Very based, Sammy.
You did better than me too... but did you adjust the settings or leave it set to only notes in the C major scale?

c major

ill do with all notes now

>calling the minor seventh of the C7 chord an A#
lmfao

wow, this thread sucks a fuck.

did mr. kaka ruin these threads? i think that was his mission.

>meme
hes literally the voice of his generatoin

>did mr. kaka ruin these threads?
you mean roman? the answer is yes

Attached: Screenshot_7.jpg (614x634, 45K)

No I definitely want more harmonics I love the way more harmonic pups sound.

You want non-potted pickups.

what makes a pickup have more pinch harmonics

can i bring my pickups to a tech and he will melt the wax potting out of the pickup? can techs do that?

Gain.. Thats why active pickuos are better for metal. A good passive tgat makes pinch harmonics a breeze is the suhr aldrich bucker

you mean compression?

You can do it. Put them in an oven

just bought my first bass

Attached: 635B3868-10DF-4DEF-B5B5-B94FF8722596.jpg (286x912, 284K)

Good workhorse

I wanted one of those so much, I love the color but it’s too much money for me for a first bass really. Looks like I’m stuck with the BB434, I’ve heard it’s a real good one of these too.

Not really sure if I should go with the maple or rosewood board but man having a glossy body just sucks.

Attached: F0B1BA3D-1994-49BC-9778-4088DCB39CB1.jpg (410x410, 73K)

Attached: Capture.jpg (302x407, 11K)

Does anyone have any experience with the D'Angelico Premier series?

No, what ruined these threads is faggots like you giving regocnition to people who shitpost for the sole purposer of being acknowledged and making a name for yourself. You are literally THE worst thing to ever happen to these threads, and it's all thanks to your overwhelming stupidity. Congrats.

Buncha dumbfucks

Ive been sleeping all day :)

Attached: 699108A5-D958-4AD6-B51C-BDE86301FE34.jpg (3048x3945, 1.01M)

Man, the kaka in your butt must have a kaka up its butt..

Can't speak of actual performance, but aesthetically it's fucking disgusting.
The cutoff of the pickguard towards the control knobs is just too sharp and sudden compared to the soft countours of the rest of the guitar. Results in a terrible contast that is disharmonious with the rest of the guitar.
The difference in protrusion when it comes to the left and right guitar horns is pure cancer and is an absolute eyesore on any guitar. It is an utterly unforgivable trend.
The tetris pickup layout is just an absolute joke.

I don't care for the fact that all of these are common design concepts of all guitars. Doesn't change the fact that they're utterly terrible ones.

Attached: n0j7lgov.jpg (286x912, 224K)

Any tips on how to pick myself up when I lose motivation? I fuck up and try to learn 4-5 things, half-ass everything and drop it. I just keep making small mistakes without improvement

I’m and man the whole thing would look so much better if that pickguard didn’t end like that

one time my high e string broke near the nut and i was able to tie it back together

Forgot to add the one thing I do like about it is the fret inlays, Fit extremely well with the very minimalistic contours and colour scheme of the guitar. Absolutely lovely. Not sure how I feel about the tuning pegs. I think it would look nicer with more of a hear shape or just a simple oval instead of the spade, but the spades don't look too bad either. Kinda neutral about it.

uhhh this one is for /bpg/ and all of the wagecucks and poorfags too broke to discuss effects loops, you will all die and go straight to Hell
vocaroo.com/i/s1HNcf1zMSAz

Attached: bossslowgear.jpg (700x621, 64K)

Hell yeah, nice. I got an SR300E for my first bass recently. I don’t have a pic of it on my phone but it’s pic related. Not good enough to even remotely consider buying a new one yet but I really want a black one at some point

Attached: C52E723A-D39C-4EFF-BEED-FEBE6917A761.jpg (2500x2500, 317K)

>cucks your chain
>cucks your pickups
>cucks your tonewood
here's your fuzxbox bro

Attached: FUCKING.jpg (675x600, 75K)

why is it so hard to make music?

>cucks your chain
>cucks your pickups
>cucks your tonewood
here's your fuzxbox bro

Attached: DC9E3C5F-7ABC-4C1D-BFFE-0CCCD5E543C6.jpg (640x480, 37K)

There are still three shapes to the classic voicing. Hence more than one "power chord" to learn.

Do it! I was lookin at the danelectros till I found a 66 guild starfire 12 on Craigslist for 700 bucks, 12 strings are amazing. The danelectros play great

>seething
>iPhone

Attached: bloops.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

Attached: original.jpg (1313x1196, 283K)

Go busk

based lovetone

Bros I just played a shit gig and I need a pick-me-up. How do you get your mojo working when it's on the fritz?

>fret buzz
>loosen truss rod
>fret buzz
>loosen truss rod
>action seems to be getting lower

It was fine in the shop, but the shop is kept at 50% humidity and my house is more like 30%

i heard melting off the wax potting would also melt the bobin wires' enamel and damage the pickup.

Nice projection. Tell me how I’m wrong.

Just know that everybody has to get their bearings on stage, don’t let it get to you, and play something fun or relaxing for now. Just get ready for the next one man, all you can do. Come back stronger.

If you go to high. Wax melts at a lower temp than all those things.

sell that iphone you could afford to sound less of a boomer than you clearly are
are you fucking retarded

Attached: largely.jpg (900x1200, 152K)

Yes

>my mfw face when angry shredfags

Attached: 11927.f.jpg (986x1080, 139K)

and how would i know

>I have nothing to say so I’m going to keep saying iPhone
You’re poor lmfao

Attached: EF8A4231-AA20-476F-B9B1-54EDF29CF39F.jpg (650x275, 54K)

Doesn't sound like you're enjoying yourself, my man. That might merely be adolescence or it could be because you've put an inordinate amount of pressure on yourself and should be making smaller, more attainable goals.

Sometimes, when there's nothing much important going on, I will sit and run drills for a couple days, maybe even a week or two. I'll switch on the TV and just play while it's on, to keep my technical skills up to scratch while the creative bit of my brain takes a break. I do this when nothing excites me - when I've learned all the pressing things that I need to learn for that week, or if I've just got a spare part of my day that I can afford to give to the instrument.

Really, though, it comes down to a lack of imagination. That's probably because you're not coming across anything new and interesting. I suggest going to listen to something new. Buy tickets to a show that sounds cool; listen to a band with a crazy name or a mad album cover; go out to a jam night and just sit and listen to the players.

Most importantly, you need to relax a bit. The pressure we put on ourselves can get really intense - but we took on this instrument because it looked awesome and fun. It should always be fun. Try to have more fun. If it's not fun, take a break and do something else. Every artist goes through periods of drought, try not to worry about it.

>can't afford effects
>calling anyone poor
doesn't work like that, incel

Attached: cross_thread_dumbfuck.png (769x577, 932K)

lowest setting, or use a hair dryer

Is projecting the only thing you can do? You’re so self conscious that you’re desperately trying to lash out at me LMFAO

Attached: 4C407132-6176-4A38-936E-001D3A50D46D.jpg (357x358, 27K)

3dpd reaction images are the sign of the shitposter

Hello my fellow bass players,what have you learnt this month?
Im trying to learn how to alternate from finger picking to using a pick as fluidly as I can,and trying to push just how much I can switch my fingers from string to string

Im also trying to make a bassline for a song I wrote,what have you been doing?

Attached: DkDmbxqVsAMwr86.jpg (1000x1000, 112K)

Shhhh let him scream iPhone again

Attached: 46EE115F-D414-49A9-9A73-2B51FA711097.gif (290x280, 54K)

LMFAOOOOOOO

Attached: 472DA0FA-08C3-4A70-BDBB-CF6F3702E516.jpg (1063x1103, 545K)

serious, is this a fetish? how many of these do you have? dubs and you die btw

Attached: ktr.jpg (1300x982, 150K)

Proving my point.

If you weren't a nervous virgin you would be confident enough to use anime girls like everyone else

Attached: tAVlk8L.jpg (1600x900, 90K)

You’re so self conscious and racist you replied twice. Why do black people laughing bother you?

Attached: DFEAF06F-B621-424F-AF80-D6A1E31B18CC.jpg (1125x696, 443K)

I always favoured the sound of finger-flessshhh on bass strings over plectrums, never understood why people wanted to play with them. I know that it's a different sonic quality, but for the role the bass plays I never considered digging in all that necessary.

Stop playing guitar

Attached: VargVikernesWithChainsaw.jpg (690x520, 85K)

Friendly reminder to report
>extremely low quality posts
>trolling outside of Yea Forums
>offtopic posts
Having said that,why arent you writing songs?isnt that the point of learning an instrument?

I'm black myself, but in my experience, people who use photographs instead of anime girls are unintelligent attention whores who have never had sex.

There is an significant chance that you are a jive ass honky with no game, no groove, and no nothin.

Reproduction is more than enough.

Attached: 17cc7ohv7fez.png (537x538, 555K)

I’m brand new still... haven’t learned much, just touching up on theory and how to apply it to the bass. trying to get that finger dexterity better as well

time to die nigga

>digits btfo
>backpedaling
>calls samefag
Do you think this is normal behavior, user? Posting blurry pictures of black people on a Saturday night because someone's talking shit on the Internet?

Attached: chrome_2019-03-09_19-50-42.png (656x130, 36K)

Does this guy drive a fucking Lada Niva?

Finger dexterity is a bitch at the beginning.Watch live perfomances by The Waitresses and focus on the bass player,look at her damn fingers

I can only write black metal

he really did say this though
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVf-sX5pR7U

Attached: varg.jpg (1600x900, 286K)

Wow black people really bother you guys lmao

Attached: 75C26422-3554-4617-95D7-B9750A7C5504.jpg (1087x1658, 261K)

Yeah custom 44 dot paint job too

Attached: 1546851574298.jpg (410x368, 26K)

I got some advice for you: listen to your drummer. You're the guy who goes between the drummer and the rest of the band, musically. You're the fucking linchpin, son. You gone and done it. You chose the hardest thing to be good at.

The most important things are your ears.

What happened user?

Attached: 83C825D4-C02A-453C-AD16-38E967A8E3F5.jpg (1125x1460, 606K)

>has the time to vlog
>doesn't play guitar and enrich his life with art like his ancestors did for centuries

the scandinavians sculpted and painted and drummed and played various flutes, and they wrote their ideas down in stone, but they sure as hell didn't vlog.

someone got self conscious

Attached: 7E11073F-83A3-4AC6-8A91-E496633E6D4F.jpg (500x749, 77K)

He plays some harp now that his wife gave him

shitposting is unironically the avant garde emerging art form though, your thinking is antiquated and archaic

Attached: eb6abe2b29a223b810c62a25c19a1b80.jpg (425x543, 43K)

echoplex vs space echo vs echorec

You’re spooking me user.. I’m excited.
I probably won’t play in a band anyways it’s just fun and a hobby I can use to escape the grind xd

vocaroo.com/i/s1YKv5ySTXt6
BooBass in Fl Studio

sounds like shit

Bass? No fucking way. EQ that shit at once.

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

AND THAT'S A BAD THING

Attached: 1550377321953.jpg (768x1024, 122K)

GAY IS OKAY

Attached: 20190224_235906.jpg (646x1440, 730K)

>gma said i sound really good
am i gonna make it?

r8 my lil guitarpro meme
also what else does it need other than everything
vocaroo.com/i/s13P5zuX2TS5

I have no talent and a month of useful experience, but during that I didn't even practice for 20 minutes a day and most of that practice was fucking around with bad renditions of metallica riffs

Is there any point in me upgrading the stock pickups on an MIM HH Strat for a used seymour duncan jb/jazz set

no. your amp is probably too shit to tell a difference anyways. and swapping out pickups is mostly a meme for most people, unless you're going from humbuckers to single coils or lipsticks or active pickups or p90s. most people don't even adjust their pickup height which has a significant difference.

Answer my request senpai

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-09-18-33-33.jpg (1440x918, 256K)

>generation meme

whats up gg/bros, im singing tonite, i think im getting pretty gud at it
vocaroo.com/i/s1xJI7wT3EnK
vocaroo.com/i/s1gRt6dykXix
vocaroo.com/i/s0LHjbtUMAeC

No but you'll do it anyway

"shredding"

Is this shit worth buying in 2019? suddenly i started liking it, never been much of a Gibson guy but this one just clicked

Attached: front-banner-1600_900[1].png (1600x900, 488K)

What do you like? I've never been a fan for some reason, the lack of cap and pickguard just screams 70s dirt to me (yes I know it's from the 60s) I'd rather get an Ibanez AR.

Been slaving away in the fields that is ear training these past couple months
but lately I've started looking into basic drum exercises to expand on my rhythmic knowledge

Same guy, also the strap button snaps off a lot, bad design

Are we looking at the same guitar?

how about a guitar designed after the 60s?

Attached: 920 japan.jpg (800x714, 54K)

>Lack of pickguard
what do you mean?

i'm not sure, i'm surprised by its clean tone mostly

Yes , perhaps I wasn't clear.

It's uncapped mahogany, and lacks the maple cap at the Les Paul has. I think the pickguard looks ugly and misshapen. The strap button is also located in an odd place and causes problems.

>lacks the maple cap at the Les Paul has
Because it's not a Les Paul. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Indeed, although this was originally conceived as a replacement for the LP, I know it's a different beast now.

I almost bought one two years ago, it was an Amazon deal where it had 24 frets, a bigsby, and an incredible flame Maple top with no pick guard. In that case the horns looked really cool to me.

looks like shit desu

Attached: sgsupremeNUburstblue.jpg (200x500, 16K)

Yes, it looks like I got it wrong, it didn't come with it bigsby, but a piezo and 3 pickups.

I'd own one of these, but I would probably do something about the strap button before it breaks off and damages the guitar.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-10-01-03-36.jpg (1440x1435, 1.17M)

from the thumbnail I thought the guy's playing snooker

I have one and it's pretty nice. You could also check eBay for a Cozart Fender ripoff.

It wouldn't break off. I don't know where you got that from. It's the same place on Vs and Explorers and lots of other guitars.

BEING GAY IS MORALLY NEUTRAL YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS

how do i learn theory?

Pirate the Berkelee School of Music textbooks.

youtu.be/-qDJs7YntX8

>tfw women are objectively worse at guitar

Attached: 21752481_1419174318136050_2050382560960537284_n.jpg (768x960, 89K)

Yeah, I don't own one, but I always see it mentioned on Gibson forums, and also talking about how the neck always points down and feels "heavy." I like Ibanez's solution, which seems less stable at first glance, but a lot of sg owners have moved it. Again, I don't own an sg, just saying why I haven't got one yet.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-10-01-16-59.jpg (1440x2335, 1.28M)

Strandberg guitars are the ugliest fucking things I've ever seen, but every day I find myself wanting to try one just a little bit more.

love it

Attached: yamaha-aes820-flat-blue-258086.jpg (1200x416, 40K)

It's really the guitar of the future. Headstocks are so 20th century.

That's one ugly talman.

i want that 44 minutes of my life back asshole

How do you bend behind the nut?

>inb4 floyd rose nigga
Yeah okay but that bends ALL THE OTHER STRINGS and if you bend just one string IT STILL BENDS ALL THE OTHER STRINGS

Im a beginner and I have a nice Epi les Paul, it sounds and plays great but I’m not a fan when it comes to “shredding and chugging”. I feel like palm muting is not as easy as guitars with the bridge further back on the body. Really tempted to pick up a MIJ Jackson Dk2M for around 350 USD.
Is this justifiable for a newb just to be able to learn metal songs when bored? It does have a floyd bridge which I have not used before but I played a cheap Jackson before and it was awesome, so I imagine this is even better.

headstocks are nice and contribute to sustain

Peak performance

Attached: y3aqrnlr3vkzzmjjktz4.jpg (352x800, 38K)

Reasons for not buying a strat as my first guitar?

>Reproduction is more than enough
The sad part is there are people that unironically think this.

can anyone recommend me some easy but not completely beginner songs that played in the style of when the thumb plays some base line and you play a melody with it on the higher strings(sorry for the completely retarded description i just don't know the term).

Attached: 1463684125455.gif (500x348, 478K)

Falling Slowly is a fun one. May not be your taste, but it's a nice song to know

boring

Over done

My thoughts and idk they seem toy like but what can you recommend instead for around £400-500?

I'm One by The Who uses that style of fingerpicking in the intro and throughout the song too I believe and it's pretty simple. Only one of two songs I bothered to learn with fingerpicking since I don't like doing fingerpicking. It's something I really need to practice someday too.
It changes back and forth to pick strumming throughout the song though.

Attached: 1547261778585.jpg (640x480, 39K)

just checked it out its way to easy.
im not a beginner player just never played to much fingersyle.

Living the NEET dream.

Depends on what you want to play. I play a bunch of different genres but usaully gear towards Metal (But have pickups that are versatile )
Im a fan of my jackson I bought for ~$300CAD. Theyre nice instruments. Ibanez (despite not really being a fan) are great for that price range.
I have a Gibson Explorer, BC Rich JrV, Jackson Warrior, and the one I play the most is my V.
Looking at getting a Jackson DInky at some point

Ive been having fun playing Classical tunes on my acoustic. Ive been playing some Bach suites recently. The fugues are fun to play, but are pretty tricky

I looked at these but was told to avoid any metal styled or shred guitars since I don’t even know how to play yet.

You dont need to shred to make them sound nice. If you have nice pickups in there and a decent amp, you can make it play how you want to.
The Jacksons have thinner necks, but arent completely flat. It makes things easier to play imo

used Yamaha AES820 they are superb

How do I learn the caged system

x32010
x02210
32002x
xx0232

Barre the zeroes and you're done.

Shred guitars are just easier to play, as they need to be to allow you to pull off harder things technically with less effort.

You don't need to stay away from them, you just might have no reason to need one of you never want to get extremely technical and play very fast challenging stuff.

you shouldn't

How about one that doesn't look like a caricature?

>avoid any metal styled or shred guitars
>a superb modern tremolo
>probably has a locking nut
>superior frets
>slim neck
>two humbuckers for rich full sound
>comfortable modern contoured body
>no weird characteristics like vintage fretboard radius

and these people believe that a vintage Jazzmaster is a good beginner guitar, jeez

what? they look great to me

Attached: Yamaha AES 820.jpg (777x515, 227K)

>can name notes but cant sing them
roflmao

that's easy enough, i can play them on any place on the the neck? or how does that work?

why not?

Yes, if you move anything up or down the neck it changes key but doesn't change shape.

The G barre is the trickiest. Get practising.

thanks user i appreciate it

I'm still pretty fucked up from last night, so here are the corrected shapes:
x32010
x02220 (erroneous earlier version was minor)
32003x (erroneous earlier version was for all fourths)
xx0232

Do any of you compose melodies first? I can sing but can't sing anything interesting or memorable to save my life, any help?

You should write vocal melodies on a keyboard.

Anyone here have experience with a double neck guitar? How are they in terms of playability? I'm considering getting a 6 string/bass combo, but the sheer size and potential weight of the damn things seems daunting. Not to mention that if you adjust the strap for one neck to be in a comfy height and angle, the other one won't be.

I think they're a gimmick, but you should try one out at a store.

Anons please assist me. I have a niggerson sg and the intonation is bad. At the 12th fret is flat by about a quarter of a note, but the saddle is already pushed as far towards the neck as possible. What could be causing this? I tried raising the action (since higher action means slightly more tension on fretted notes) to no avail. There is also a weird buzzing sound on the high E at the 12 fret and a few higher frets which only went away when i raised the action SUPER high (which also still didnt solve the intonation problem). I really dont want to spend money on a luthier unless i absolutely must ffs but my band mates are starting to complain about it and i fucking hate it as well.

Are the screws on the tune-o-matic facing towards the bridge?

That's the thing, no local stores have one. And none in nearby cities too. So I have to rely on the experience of others, and from what I've read, it's a rather mixed bag. Some love the versatility, others hate the design. Fuck if I know.

Definitely don't buy one without playing one.

What gauge strings?

Yes they are.

9 through to 42 super stinkys

You could put a shim between the neck and body, or try raising the action higher.

I have one, and they're not crazy heavy. Adjusting the strap button won't have the impact you're talking about. Basically it'll either stay in line where you want it, or the necks will face the ground without pressure. I think you're overestimating the distance between the necks. I have big arms and hands and have no difficulty switching between necks or fretting the top one.

Why the hell would you play 9s on a gibson scale. Put 11s or 12s on there jesus christ

Was thinking about getting the Classic Player Baja Tele, are tele pickguards a standard shape? I want the white pickguard on the one with the maple fretboard.

Shit. Ignore what I said. I'm retarded and thought the notes were sharp.

I was thinking about spinning it around but that looks like it will just make it worse. Why would that help?

angus young does it and he doesnt have this faggotry happening to him. Are you insinuating that the heavier strings will help bow the neck towards the bridge and thus shrink the scale? or are you just implying that im a massive cock destroying faggot for having 9s?

Yeah you can replace it no prob.

I have respect for people who are interested in telecasters, something about my brain just won't let me buy one because they're so basic. Maybe that's the allure, though?

9s already feel insanely shit and floppy on 25.5, I can't imagine how bad it is on 24.75. No wonder why everything buzzes and intonation is terrible. These things shipped with 12s at least back then.

varg has a weird relationship music, it's like he doesn't want to embrace that part of his life

When I was younger I used to hate telecasters for that exact reason but yeah I think after owning an RG550 for years (which I do love) I want something just simple and well built.

how do i make an ear training schedule?

i can hear/sing simple popular music tonal melodies and score about 70% on the test of that "musictheory" website on that cromatic mode (albeit sometimes i miss some notes badly). i took that test last night and it felt good and i woke up enjoying playing music more

but i'm stuck in a box of standard progressions and when i improvise melodies with my whistle, if i go a bit out of these chords i get lost and cant hear the harmony in my head anymore. how do i get better at that improve my ear for chords and chords+melody, which is the key to songwriting (and the reason i can't write songs)

theyre just as basic as a les paul with 2 knobs and always splitted pickups, retard

They're also less than a third the price for a decent one.

ah so that's what basic means

musictheory.net
daveconservatoire.org or whatever

I Can't really trust Gibson enough to spend 2+k on a Les Paul.
I prefer maple fretboards and ash bodies so my options are a bit limited too.

so why you dont buy a tele

I am. That's why you called me a retard

about to cop my first guitar

Attached: 2FD3A2AF-7183-4B1F-ACBB-D7531100F42B.png (640x218, 89K)

Have you played it first?

>playing
guitars are wall art

Why would you choose something so boring, then? At best it says "I am a sixteen-year old metalhead who can do nothing but soullessly shred scales"

I’ve actually thought about buying chibsons for that reason

Attached: 5BED7F9A-3159-47E3-875C-2B8315754A32.png (770x433, 228K)

The consensus is not to get a Floyd Rose for your first guitar. If you want a tremolo, get something else.

Why would you post a picture of Yvette Young? She is legitimately a good guitarist: youtu.be/44ZTJ4HGEDA

you are what? a tele?

there's like 5 good girl guitarist all time

>t. can't bend a note with one finger if he needs to

Are you retarded? Of course it's going to feel floppy on a longer scale length, they are meant to take thicker strings. One of the benefits of short scale length guitars is how well they take thinner strings.

What is the best wah pedal for guitar and why is it the 105Q?

shorter scale is flabbier and less tense idiot

Then explain why SRV uses 13s and Slash uses 9s

Fucking moron

How quickly would you expect a strat bought from AliExpress for $130 to break?

Chinese products don’t break

youtube.com/watch?v=SrY7rljHjwQ

because they want to
didnt slash use 11s tho

Attached: Screenshot_9.jpg (1049x543, 56K)

youtu.be/hqTBxTqbInk

why youd think a strat would break even if its chinese

>what is personal preference
also srv downtuned

>im a nigger myself
Ftfy

It's not gonna break, it's just going to be shit.

youtu.be/-Ldl5NJKIkM

two years ago i was digging into a bunch of old blues players and learning intricacies of their playings and i was getting good and schooled at the blues but then i realized i wanted to be more complete as in less tied to the fretboard and get more into my ear and started to listen to music without a guitar so i could forget licks for a while, i think it worked and had an effect but now my lick and phrasing skills arent as sharp, and the blues' knowledge and identity is faded

Why would you buy an alibaba strat for 130 when squier strats go for 110?

I have those in my guitar and they're not bad. I don't think they're worth that price though, try looking around a bit more.

I have a Squier Tele, should I spend money on shit to improve it or just buy a new guitar?

Attached: based.jpg (1200x1101, 166K)

pretty decent user, you definitely aren't bad. idk if i'd say "pretty good" but I've been around my sisters in theatre who sing really well so maybe I'm a bit harsh. I'm also practicing singing, but I'm much too embarrassed and I don't think I'm remotely good enough yet to post it. Also I play bass so I won't be able to do the same cool singalongs you do

>stop using skill
>surprised when you don't have it anymore

u done goofed

i thought that's just life and i looked around and everybody dont practice stuff and say they remember them through life

i can't play bass unless the strings are low on the fretboard or else my hands hurt badly

What don't you like about it? Don't chuck fistfulls of cash at problems you don't have.

Redpill me on Strandbergs /gg/.
Are they just a meme? I only seem to see women playing them.

Friendly reminder that Deaners suck weiners and metal isn't music

Attached: 1542556944160.jpg (334x506, 42K)

>headstocks contribute to sustain
>strings vibes pass through bolted on metal things
>are further buffered with a vibration-dampening nut
>it improves sustain bro

do you have any proof of this or is it just pseudoscience? sustain is just how long the string vibrates and whether or not the instrument amplifies every last wiggle to be audible.

People have come up with better designs since the 70s.

low? Do you mean high?

Only pretentious fart huffers play Strandbergs

no
i cant play bass with high action

they're light and the small body doesn't get in the way of big bobs

for most people the dood ergonomics lmao aren't worth the pricetag and very few people care for chambered guitars with a lack of f-holes. so you only see them bought by women, hipsters, and metal bros trying to play the edgiest 7+ string axe with a floyd rose that stands out the most without going full 80s hair band.

some say the headless design is just so you can headbang on stage without hitting your bandmates in the head with your guitar

>remove distortion from metal so gramps doesn't say "whatsat noise dont sound like no guitar to me put that thing down and get a midi controller son gat dangit brenda bring me another monster zero"
>add reverb
>release new surf album

youtube.com/watch?v=8ndeq-sw8I4

>some say the headless design is just so you can headbang on stage without hitting your bandmates in the head with your guitar

but the headless nut is pointier than a headstock

can you recommend better designs?

at least surf guitarists can be bothered to play barre chords. most metal chimps can't even be arsed to do that

Attached: 1548446189518.jpg (1139x1091, 172K)

Take a strat, then deepen the body cut so you have better access to the higher frets, and go with two humbuckers and maybe use some sort of a coil split/series-parallel toggle to keep your vintage sounds, maybe even keep the single coil in the middle so you can still sound like a 70s stratocaster, and improve the widdly woodly stick so the strings are screwed down against the bridge and aren't as likely to bind and go out of tune

that's basically every other guitar made today and they cost the same, sometimes less, than a stratocaster brand stratocaster.

Attached: phur9phfuowzzwt6fsoe.jpg (2000x1000, 117K)

It started buzzing horribly last week so I was gonna open it up to check the wiring. I was just thinking about getting better pickups and electronics, aside from that I don't have any issue.

>i read a metallica tab on songsterr, now i know everything there is to know about metal - the post

babby's second metal chord is just a barred F chord slid up and down played on the first four strings

dont quote me with that, maggot

why is a FR supposed to be so bad for a first guitar? surely that applies to every single person experienced or not who have never used a floyd?

I've never seen a more tautological sentence

Get a PRS SE Custom 22. The humbuckers can be split so you can still get a single-coil-ish sound out of it, and it'll be a much higher quality build than any other guitar you can buy in its price range.

Because it takes more than two brain cells to change the strings. The rest of it applies to anything with a whammy bar.

Whammy bars in general have extra steps to the setup and are a PITA to tune, a floyd rose just needs tuned less so if anything it's better for a beginner, a standard whammy bar is worse, and a fixed bridge is the easiest to care for.

Thanks I’ll look at this. Seems similar to the Yamaha Revstars for the price range but haven’t read a whole lot about those.

Just picked up this. thoughts?

Attached: image.jpg (783x391, 259K)

>implying that metal has more than 2 chords

Attached: 1552085133003.jpg (326x294, 18K)

>metal
>triad chords
vomit

what's ur PayPal

Bean milk

Floyd Roses lock, so if you ever want to change your tuning, you have to get out an allen wrench, unlock them, tune about four or five times because the floating bridge causes all of the strings to shift in tension if even one of the others changes, and lock the tuners back up. As a beginner, you'll want to spend more time playing and less time tuning, especially since you probably won't have as good an ear for keeping it in tune. Not to mention a beginner isn't going to be able to do much with a FR beyond some meme dive bombs, which is not worth the headaches that come with a FR.

A standard strat trem works fine if you absolutely must have one.

Any good non trem for around £400-500?

Seems like it’s either revstar or PRS but I find PRS pretty ugly desu

should i get a gibson les paul junior double cut tribute?

where my percussive guitar players at?

at the percussion general

I'm a bassist but I'm stuck practicing the same 5 songs. Can anyone recommend a rock band with some good basslines I can practice? Please help, /gg/

Kiss, led zeppelin

youtube.com/watch?v=-SbfGGesm6M
youtube.com/watch?v=kyQjnG4j2_o
youtube.com/watch?v=Zyhu2ysqKGk

You sound like a bonafide idiot

youtube.com/watch?v=F89-MOy7Xfg

>single pickup
based
>floyd
>no tone
bluepilled

Try one before you buy it. It has a very cheap feel to me imho

More like 5$ wtf

And you sound like you have tinnitus from listening to shitty music at exorbitant volumes for extended periods of time

Attached: 1550953521107.jpg (1006x502, 45K)

You can get a decent used MIM Telecaster or Stratocaster for the range. The Squier Classic Vibes series you can get for even cheaper, and they're generally considered as good if not better than MIM Fenders.

Im convinced youre an underage retard based on your image. Dont reply to me again.

I see guitar kits usually run around $100-$200. How much will they end up running after you give them a finish?

guitarcenter.com/Used/Dean/Hardtail-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar

I'd put it before the delay/reverb and before everything elese

Depends how non shit you want it. Look at high end hardware prices .

is there a DI track going along with the distorted amp? it's from 1976.
youtu.be/er9aMAunGgs [

>defends metal
>claims other people are underaged
ok retard
>don't reply to me again
you literally cannot stop me

Attached: 1549056817411.jpg (500x546, 113K)

No. This isnt a request thread. Theres a board for that

DONT DANCE MONKEY (i want monkey to dance).
>monkey dances
>tell monkey in this post
>monkey dances more
Beautiful

Attached: db0.jpg (349x642, 29K)

what exactly are you referring to

What was your first guitar /gg/?

For me it's the yamaha tourgear

Attached: Miku.jpg (327x337, 24K)

some ultracheap stinger classical and then a condor hss strat, also of their entry line

It was an old Beaver Creek acoustic. I don't think I've ever heard a bassier six string in all my life

crappy, overpriced pawnshop squire with a loose machinehead my guitarfriend didn't notice

New Order fan?

>I bend notes

Attached: 1.png (380x349, 77K)

A Sigma DR-45 I inherited from my grandpa.

what are good guitars to consider for a first guitar which isn’t a squier/fender strat? is it possible to have a little strat sound in something else with a certain pickup?

maybe i'll go to my nearest GC (it's 2 hours away) and try one out today then.

thank you.

oh you meant the action, i thought you meant like your fingers hurt from stretching so far on the lower frets

gotcha, high action feels fucky to me too

Attached: 1385869418764.gif (800x450, 284K)

Stop, it's making me hard.... So beautiful

yamaha pacifica, not a bad beginner guitar. especially if you are semi competent with wood working or similar shit and can roll the frets and level them if needed

youtube.com/watch?v=cno20onK9dY

What songs user? And what kind of music? I listen to a lot of weeb shit too that sounds nice but idk if it's your thing

Yamaha c10 i think for acoustic. It was a pretty crappy plywoodish guitar. For electric it was another Yamaha, an eg112(pacifica precursor?)that I got for free because only one of the pickups were working. It’s also cheap as shit but I’ll be damned. The body and fretwork are pretty damn good. The neck plays better than it has any right to for how fucking cheap the hardware is on it.

new thread
new thread
new thread

What an ugly yellow.

This image is amusing because guitars are commonly colloquially known as "axes."

Good luck

>single pickup
There is exactly zero allure to this.

>color
Peak gay.

This is one sexy and adequate guitar.

it's called gene simmons signature bass (i didnt know about the guitars tho) and it's as old as hair metal

touch your headstock and pluck some strings
it vibrates - it increases guitar's mass, and therefore its energy