Yep, this is the best out of the trilogy

Yep, this is the best out of the trilogy.
TGM > TS > TBK

Attached: file.png (600x600, 388K)

agreed, frankie M is definitely the best track. That slow buildup is gold.
I'd even say this is the best swans record there is.

I would also probably agree. Although for me, it kind of fluctuates between The Glowing Man, Soundtracks and Children of God depending on my mood.

The Seer > Glowing Man > To Be Kind

I can’t be the only one who thinks like this right?

yeah this

I don't really get how people can compare the quality of nu-swans albums to old swans. Sure the production is better and they aren't without their highlights Gira's songwriting has taken a huge dip since the turn of the century.

to be kind is the best for me, then the seer, then the glowing man
and when i saw them live it was the glowing man stuff

dubs of truth

you're the only one

Hearing The Glowing Man (the track) live was so fucking incredible. Genuinely my favourite gig experience ever.

2 hours is too long for an album

You Rollerblading Faggot

I agree with your personal rating system

i think this as well

this is my exact ranking

i missed out, really hope the new record is similar to TGM. seeing them live in this era must be essential

i would say lyrically the seer is on par with a lot of the earlier shit but to be kinds lyrics are just lazy and boring

Okay this seems like a good place to drop something that's been on my mind for awhile.
Holy Money is far better than Children of God
SFTB>all

a new Swans album is being made

agreed. I’ll still listen to whatever Gira puts out but forcing yourself to make a 2 hour album ever year or so just was a bad idea from the start. There’s some fantastic stuff but is it anything compared to SFTB, White Light or Cop? Not really

i get contrarianism but the way you're all denying the quality of TBK kind of astounds me

just because melon thinks its good doesnt mean he always has to be wrong

I'm by no means denying the quality of To Be Kind. I absolutely love To Be Kind, and think it has some of the best tracks in Swans' discography. I just prefer The Glowing Man and The Seer overall.

they're all boring shite lmao

personally I found TGM kind of underwhelming, I much preferred the live albums released pre / post TGM. The Knot kicks the shit out of Frankie M and The Glowing Man (track).

What appeals to you in TGM and The Seer over TBK?

based

is the new insult on this board "you cant skate"