Who is the better guitarist?

Jonny or Jack?

Attached: Jack White Jonny Greenwood.jpg (2048x2048, 1.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sqeFn0kOuXM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfjWsbCZV0
youtu.be/ZaM6lTmhnak?t=150
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jack White makes good music; Jonny Greenwood has created nothing but garbage.

Jack's produced better riffs but Jonny has made better music, surely.

>Jonny has made better music
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Radiohead is boring as fuck

What is the White Stripes?

Jonny Greenwood composes music and is actually interesting as a guitar player, Jack White rehashes dadrock

Jack's a shredder. That's all.

He composes derivative movie scores.

Listening to Jack White is like listening to an amplified blowtorch.

Derivative movie scores are better than derivative blues riffs.

Johnny makes complete albums.

Jack makes movie soundtracks and radio singles

At least energetic, and fun to see at a show.
Radiohead is just whiney

An exciting rock band that were the last true hard rock band to have mainstream success without selling out to make electronic shit.

Elephant, White Stripes and De Stijl are better albums than any Radiohead album

Jack is massively overrated as a guitar player.

Over 50% of his 'sound' is just overdrive and use of a Whammy pedal. People react to his playing as if he's some untouchable genius, but very little of his playing could not be duplicated by a amateur guitarist with the same set-up and maybe a little cocaine.

>shits out generic, fun riffs with loosely related lyrics in a shit story that no person can actually dislike
>Radiohead actually serves as social commentary and isn't afraid to take risks, creating questionable works in the process

Yeah man I definitely see what you're saying

Jack is mediocre. Even Jimmy Page thought so, when he saw him playing Seven Nation Army.

This is derivative?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sqeFn0kOuXM

Radiohead's stylistic shift was the opposite of selling out though.

Jonny is the Jimmy Page of our generation

There'll never be another Jimmy, but Jonny is the greatest of our generation.

this is correct. Johnny’s soundtrack work is world class though.

Radiohead could've sold out hard making shit like Fake Plastic Trees and High and Dry all their career and just watched the money roll in. Their stylistic shift is the best thing about them.

Elephant maybe, but Radiohead has produced more influential and better music throughout their career.

I think their stylistic shift may have saved their careers.

Is Jack's career over?

It definitely did. Traditional blues-based rock music has fallen out of favor. If band wants to survive in the current climate, they have to pull from more influences than just rock and blues.

>Radiohead could've sold out hard making shit like Fake Plastic Trees and High and Dry all their career and just watched the money roll in.
This almost happened actually. The band was pressured to release Lift, a song that was later released on the OKC remaster a couple years ago, as the lead single for the album, but they left it off thinking of it at the time as a shitty unfinished B-Side, even though it quickly became a fan-favorite unreleased song.

It ought to be, but he has a loyal fanbase that literally worships him and laps up anything he puts out, so no.

Over and over and over was pretty amazing though.

You are all fucking plebs

Attached: DT.jpg (700x394, 53K)

Rolling Stones ranked Jack 17 and Jonny 56, so I think it's pretty clear.

This wasn't a question of favourite guitarists autist.

Yeah I read Ed or Jonny say the reason they didn't release Lift was somewhat along the lines of "We saw the hit potential of that song and at that time we didn't want to get too big for our own good"

Rolling Stone also ranked Ariana Grande in the top 5 and Cardi B as the #1 album in their best of 2018 list, so their opinion is pretty much fucking shit.

It's a catchy rock song on an absolute turd of an album.

>Rolling Stone
lol

Jack White has literally never made good music, ever. Not with the White Stripes and not as a solo artist either.

All I know is that whenever I see Jonny play Paranoid Android, it seems like he is solving a puzzle on his guitar. I've never seen Jack as intense as him.

Elephant is based,man. Give him a little credit. Meg was absolutely worthless.

source?

Jimmy looks on unimpressed and gives a patronizing "it's a great sound".
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfjWsbCZV0

who gives a fuck what some old satanist thinks

>muh hard blues riffs
>muh crowley

I like jonny more he to me has more personality and that shows in his music. I think his knowledge and appreciation helps him become a better instrumentalits so he innately would in my eyes be the better guitarist
I could never enjoy a white stripes song and i've heard all of the "good" albums they repel me i would choose a QOTSA album over anything white has done anyday because they both played similar styles of music at one point. Josh homme has done more for the genre than jack has done with his whole career

Jonny made the soundtrack for Phantom Thread. That alone makes him a better musician

jonny no fucking QUESTION

johnnys playing on ok computer is goat and jack white cant hold a candle to it

Is this Jack White's greatest hit?

Attached: images (24).jpg (250x250, 12K)

Pandas getting old

Attached: 4F474731-51F9-408A-A8F9-B100484294E9.jpg (909x1174, 86K)

Damn, Meg looks like that now? Holy cow

You forgot plagiarist and thief.

You are all wrong, it is:
pic related

Attached: Bernand_Butler_live_with_The_Tears_(cropped).jpg (220x286, 16K)

John

Attached: image.jpg (262x399, 41K)

>Jack White makes good music
LMAO

>white blues rock guitar players

Attached: yikes.jpg (453x465, 27K)

Jack White has
>NEVER played a single original riff or lick
>NEVER wrote a single song that isn't more than three chords
>NEVER played a solo that wasn't all pentatonic soulless trash
>NEVER even tried to play anything but "the blues man"
This is Jack White:
youtu.be/ZaM6lTmhnak?t=150

He does.

Jack White is to Jonny Greenwood what Hans Zimmer is to Bach

Damn.

I like both. Jonny in my opinion, but they're very different guitarists so it's hard to really compare.

fuck, I thought we were talking about jack Black and johnny Marr.

Both these guys in OPs post are shit ter comparitively.

homme is definitely the guitarist that comes to mind when i think best of recent times

bow down peasants

Attached: guitar jesus.jpg (640x640, 105K)

The reason Jack White is better than Jonny greenwood is because Jack White wears all the hats. He writes the songs produces the albums plays the guitar sings and made the bag. Johnny greenwood couldn't write a hit pop garage rock song if you showed him how. In the pop music sphere Jack White has already shit on this guy in every aspect

Attached: 292612939_38f5e275ec.jpg (333x500, 93K)

Get this trash out of here

The very fact that "Jack" picked crappy plastic guitars for the sake of art?

He's a queer now. A Nashville queen.

It sure worked out for him...dude was a marketing genius

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTT UUUUUUUUPP NIGGGGEEEEEEERRR

I'm more of a Gavin Rossdale gal myself teehee

Attached: 1490530kentfan427200624841PM.jpg (263x400, 42K)

Based

based

Attached: 1526951359730s.jpg (210x250, 6K)

Nigga is you really implying that Jonny Greenwood is the J S Bach of our generation? Because if you is, I completely co-sign that opinion.