Pitchfork is dying

exclaim.ca/music/article/pitchfork_publisher_cond_nast_is_putting_its_titles_behind_paywalls

reddit.com/r/indieheads/comments/ayiw1n/according_to_now_former_art_director_jessica/

Attached: 1551649224689.jpg (389x389, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/thepitch/710-the-unbearable-whiteness-of-indie/
google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=spotify conde nast),
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that he predicted all of this

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

It'll probably be a paywall just to read the rock reviews. Putting hip-hop behind a paywall would be a microaggression.

10/10

about time
he also worked with them though which is pretty embarassing

is he /ourguy/?

good, pitchfork is numale central

Hiphop is the only thing keeping their shit site alive. Rock fans don't support their favourite artist and would rather see them poor in a ditch.

You are delusional if you think hiphop fans are more likely to support their favorite artists than fans of any other genre. Hiphop is music that aimed at children, and children have extremely limited income.

I could deal with it if someone from that shithole actually had some taste, and music wasn't just an avenue for them to virtue signal. Sadly that jumped the shark a long time ago.

I don't even know what would be considered rock music anymore. If it has a guitar?

The cost of labor for coders is about to come way the fuck down.

why are rock fans the worst ones?
this is totally true, and they blame the death of it, wew

You're both godless Jew-worshipers, so don't get too comfortable.

wtf? are you on drugs, honey

No. I'm completely sober and dead ass. People who swear allegiance to rock, hip-hop or any other pop culture piece or public figure are godless heathens whose innate characteristic of worship has been misdirected upon retardation.

pursuing a career in web development in 2019 is a joke. there's a bunch of delusional retarded CS majors in my dorm thinking they'll be working for Google and making six figures when they graduate. It's hilarious.

Attached: 1519093354862.jpg (258x544, 32K)

you can make good money but most successful ones nuke all their other interests or were already geniuses that could succeed in other fields

cs degrees are basically becoming business degrees of the 2020s

It died when it got BLACKED.

perfect, pitchfork is fucking lame

This is correct.

Cause they are cheap ass cuckservatives with no pride.

based and redpilled

Because rock musicians made the culture where it was gay to try and make money.
In hip hop selling out is expected and praised, rock fans don't like when bands try and make lots of money.

both of you are idiots. currently a software engineer and i'm living easy financially, both of these posts are cope posts with very little actual proof.

he's a massive fag so yes

youre assuming im one, wew
i tought they would support things they liked
selling out is bad in any genre, the truth is that rock fans dont support their bands

>that reddit thread
>I hate a lot of their stuff but I'll be sad to see them go
Why? Why is it sad to see a lump of cancer die and stop existing? I feel like this kind of reactive centrism/inability to take a hard stance on something is some kind of soi disease / virtue signalling. No matter what the issue, you always see people spouting this kind of middling bullshit - "oh they suck but gee it's too bad they're shutting down". FUCKING WHY? Bad things should END. It is GOOD that bad things END.

>/r/indieheads

NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT P4K WE ALL AGREED THEY DIED 10 YEARS AGO YOU FUCKING CUNT. FUCKING NEWFAG CROSSPOSTING CUM SCENTED FAGGOT GO TAKE A FUCKING SHOWER. FUCKING SICK OF NEWFAGS CLAIMING SOMETHING THAT WE ALL AGREED DIED A LONG TIME AGO "IS DYING" NOW.

FUCK OFF

Despite Ott's reputation as former Pitchfork guy, he hasn't had any work published there since 2004. Pitchfork was a different website then. Nobody on this website was looking at Pitchfork fifteen years ago, let alone earlier.

pitchfork.com/thepitch/710-the-unbearable-whiteness-of-indie/

>worked with them
He was a founding member and quit by 2004. He changed the face of online publications with Pitchfork and that trajectory of all music publications because he understood how the internet worked. If Schreiber and Co. weren't so fucking dumb and listened to him they would have been a lot better off. Instead they're just rich and an embarrassment with their legacy being destroyed within the next 2 years.

>youre assuming im one, wew
You certainly type and communicate like one.

No. Reviews are what the site makes money on via favor trading and advertising, they can't pay wall that. It will 100% be all of their other bullshit: year end lists, their re-codifying of genres for Spotify tagging (Spotify is the only one who benefits from this and interestingly enough...google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=spotify conde nast), and all of their dumb video content. Without being able to favor trade for reviews pitchfork would die instantly. It's still going to die, but it'll be more of a constant decline than an immediate ceasing of content.

fuck you, creepy outlaaw, gtfo of my lawn, KIDDO

Attached: boomer lads.jpg (1500x761, 624K)