Your boomer dad says all music in the 2000s sucks ass. what songs do you make him listen to to change his mind?

Your boomer dad says all music in the 2000s sucks ass. what songs do you make him listen to to change his mind?

Attached: 1551519135041.png (1440x720, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y4UjWtLyYBY
youtube.com/watch?v=fAgY9LCjed8
youtube.com/watch?v=aGrC1ElirGo
youtube.com/watch?v=TEaIn155grc
youtube.com/watch?v=lVQBEo00Ki0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't. I just blast some Deep Purple
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4UjWtLyYBY

Greta Van Fleet

"Have you heard of Greta Van Fleet?"

based

>a lame Led Zeppelin cover band
Man, do they suck ass...

Here's some 2000s bands/artists my dad likes:

>Interpol
>The National
>Foals
>Fleet Foxes
>Vampire Weekend
>Alabama Shakes
>The Deslondes
>LCD Soundsystem
>Bill Callahan (he doesn't know who Joanna Newsom is)
>Cigarettes After Sex
>Animal Collective
>Oh, My!
>Kendrick Lamar (my Grandfather heard all of DAMN while my father and I took him home from the hospital)

He reads our country's equivalent of Pitchfork. His favourite band overall is Supertramp. His favourite artist is Roger Waters

youtube.com/watch?v=fAgY9LCjed8

If a boomer responds with "this is what real music should sound like" you know their opinion was utter trash to begin with.

If my boomer dad likes Pink Floyd I show him In Absentia by Porcupine Tree and then the rest of their discography or that one Opeth album that Steven Wilson produced. If he's more of a general rock guy then Queens of the Stone Age.
If he's more of a pop guy then I'd show him Arcade Fire.

Steam Powered Giraffe

>Cigarettes After Sex
Is your dad a teenager with daddy issues ?

>meme made to make fun of boomers for being out of touch and stupid
>just makes them seem like happy, laid back, and content individuals doing their own thing compared to us whiny millenials

???????

Attached: 1535594767629-1.jpg (750x991, 149K)

No, you stupid fuck, he just likes the sound, he doesn't care about the lyrics

HOW CAN YOU BE TRULY HAPPEN AND PATRICIAN IF YOU DON'T LIKE RADIOHEAD!?

Being happy in life is a privilege of losers and the lazy

spoken like true anglo scum

I find it very funny how all the non-joke replies list utterly shit music.

Spoken like a true lazy coward faggot too scared to constantly change his life to the better who blames his misfortunes on arbitrary cultural concepts

>all change is for the better
epic

he's right

you're getting menacing and philosophical because some guy made a joke about a meme
you try too hard

That might be the best boomer Wojak drawing. It's just so nice and rich-looking, plus it has a great comfy atmosphere.

Anyways, if I wanted to convince my hip-hop hating dad to change his mind, I'd suggest he listen to Good Kid Mad City as an introduction, as well "Tell Me What I Don't Know" from pic related.
youtube.com/watch?v=aGrC1ElirGo

Attached: 1508196510483.png (1000x1000, 579K)

>I'd suggest he listen to Good Kid Mad City as an introduction
cringe

Okay, well what would you suggest? In my own experience, that's been a good beginners album for people who want to explore more lyrical hip-hop. I'm not going to claim its the peak of the genre or anything, just that it's a starting point.

>here dad, you might like this! after you hear this I think you'll agree not all rap is ignorant trash!
>BIX NOOD FUFUGGA SHOOT DEM POLICE FUCK THE WHITE DEVIL MUFIGGA NIGGA BITCH
>uh, that's nice, son... here's your headphones

I see you've never actually listened to the album, but that was a fine guess (albeit an incorrect one) about what it's about.

Attached: a2700833321_10.jpg (1200x1200, 354K)

>Dad used to be a commie
>Knows nothing of the current zeitgeist, even less of 2000s music
Music for this feel?

youtube.com/watch?v=TEaIn155grc

I'd suggest that if you're going to be a black fetishist then at least chose one of the many other black genres that are of actual artistic merit.

So here's an album I've actually recommended to my dad in real life, and he ended up quite enjoying it. He appreciated the sampling of old 50'/60's pop as well as funk from the 70's. He even recognized a few of the sources from the middle part of the album, namely the backing beat of "Radio":
youtube.com/watch?v=lVQBEo00Ki0

Attached: sily-album-art.jpg (1000x1000, 273K)

i think this one is supposed to make him look laid back