Holy shit

Holy shit

Attached: 1280px-Polygondwanaland.jpg (1280x1280, 485K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0rXwufFoJYw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Remember it's in mixed chronological order, the story goes

1. Polygondwanaland / Castle in the Air / Deserted Dunes
2. Inner Cell / Loyalty / Horology
3. Tetrachromacy on to the end
4. Cyboogie
5. All is Known
6. Murder of the Universe Book III
7. Crumbling Castle
8. Nonagon Infinity

with various songs from Mind Fuzz and Sketches sprinkled in, also The River is concurrent with The Castle In The Air

also the best set is inner cell through tetrachromacy

Attached: ching_chong_to_you_too_lady.png (581x443, 116K)

Crumbling Castle is the best track

nice
Creating a narrative across multiple albums is a concept that isn't explored enough

I DON'T WANT TOOOOOOO BE

forgot to mention that you can optionally fork from people vultures onto lord of lightning, replacing the track "some context"

A RUMBLING

RUMBLING

RUMBLING ASSSSHOOOOLLLEEE

>when the apocalyptic trumpet sounding synth plays at around 3:05 of inner cell

Attached: sasa.jpg (480x360, 9K)

>flute harmonica duet on tetrachromacy
>massive noise jam at the end of the fourth colour
>secret run out groove message

Attached: bound_by_akairiotd8wu6oh.png (986x680, 413K)

also if you reverse the distorted voice at the end of cyboogie and increase the speed by 40% (iirc) you get a secret message from han tyumi

Sick polyrhythms on this whole album. Love the ones on horology.

Attached: BALROG.gif (474x264, 3.82M)

upthread

what's upthread?

thread goes up, haha

Go on.. is there a playlist somewhere

yes but it hasn't been updated since murder of the universe, and I disagree with some of the ordering

youtu.be/0rXwufFoJYw

or do you want a quick rundown of the story so far

Test

Id love a story rundown. Or at least the full correct order so i can hear it

>full correct order
Well, the story is cyclical and has multiple paths (for example you can loop Nonagon Infinity itself infinitely, or cut to Lord of Lightning from Peoples Vultures)

The tl;dr of the main character (Han Tyumi, the Confused Cyborg) begins in Tetrachromacy. The man given the "power" of tetrachromacy by the reticent tyrant at the end of Horology is seeked out by Han Tyumi, who desires the power and the knowledge. He eventually finds a mad doctor who "alters" his body (the word and trope "altered" is big throughout, starting with A New World and Welcome to an Altered Universe on MotU) and gains the powers of tetrachromacy, but forever distorts his body and mind (into the synth voice from Han Tyumi on MotU and Sketches)

So after that the next songs are Cyboogie, All is Known, and possibly Great Chain of Being. These track Han's descent into a power crazed lunatic cyborg. Cyboogie has a message from Han encoded at 60% speed backwards at the end of the track.

So after this we cut to An Altered Universe and the rest of the Murder of the Universe book (last set of songs on the MotU album), and Crumbling Castle happens at the same time as Murder of the Universe (the penultimate song).

So Han consumes and destroys the universe, and it's over, right? No. We cut from here to the start of Nonagon Infinity. Keep in mind the lyrics to Robot Stop. Then cut from People Vultures to the Reticent Raconteur on MotU, or continue for Invisible Face and Evil Death Roll (which explain Han has *become* the Universe and possibly also Satan??) And Nonagon can loop on itself infinitely.

Tezeta from Sketches occurs probably on a relatively normal planet in the Invisible Face universe.

Now, Everything from Polygondwanaland to Deserted Dunes Welcome Weary Feet (which possibly has a connection to Invisible Face) comes BEFORE all of this, perhaps centuries before Inner Cell.

There's also various flavour albums that stand alone but are in the same universe, like

like Satan Speeds Up, Superposition, and Greenhouse Heat Death

There's also a lot of subtle and less subtle political albums about global warming that are kind of easy to lump in

this is impressive

and immensely autistic

also because han's immense power warps reality, the events of Murder of the Universe (song) occur seemingly in minutes, while from an outside perspective it takes centuries (Crumbling Castle)

There isn't any "correct order" or full story. There's just an implied universe consisting of interconnected reoccurring motifs.

Has anybody noticed at some point in Murder of the Universe Han Tyumi says he's become a "Cyboogie" which at first I though was saying "cyborg" but it was glitched/distorted but after listening to it and after Cyboogie was release it definetely sound like he's saying Cyboogie

DUDE

so glad to see someone else mention horology, every time i mention it i never get a response. the horology/loyalty combo is my favourite off the album

he also says he's fishing for fishies

Absolutely agree. The inner cell trilogy in general is great. I very much enjoy the synth opening on loyalty, and the driving riff on horology is stellar

when?

Cyboogie, lump in his throat
Palpitations and the heat I exhume
Cyboogie born to be
Terminal error in human tissue
Cyboogie's fishing for fishies
Pickling trout in a binary brook
How is it that he is depressed
The humans have gears so just chill with that book

I also just noticed it references The Book from Sketches, which is definitely a Han flavoured song

Although those are Google lyrics, Genius gives this:

Cyboogie, lump in his throat
Palpitations and the heat I exhume
Cyboogie born to be
Terminal error in human tissue
Cyboogie's fishing for fishies
Pickling trout in a binary brook
How is it that he is depressed
The humans have pierced through his cheek with a hook

After listening to it again, genius definitely has it right

If you remove the first word from this post it becomes an accurate review of the album

EBIN