Is there another globalized music genre dominated by one country to the extent that black metal is dominated by Norway?

Is there another globalized music genre dominated by one country to the extent that black metal is dominated by Norway?

Attached: 27579172_589279094741334_3169671815609974784_n.jpg (1080x787, 140K)

Yes, American Primitivism is entirely American

it started in Norway but spread pretty far by this point
also reminder the Black Metal only came about because Norwegian bands weren't good enough to play Death

you know nothing about black metal if you think the majority of current bands are from norway
the genre as we know it got started there but almost no bands worth talking about formed after the mid 90s
countries like finland, france and even ukraine have produced much more than norway since the start of this millenium

No one outside America cares about it though. I said globalized

soul desu

so they made something original instead. cool.

>it started in Norway but spread pretty far by this point
Hence why I said "globalized"

>you know nothing about black metal if you think the majority of current bands are from Norway
I didn't mean that, but you can't deny that most acclaimed black metal bands and releases are Norwegian. It is just interesting to me that a tiny country managed that

reggae - jamaica

Traditional heavy metal- England
Thrash/ Death USA

Hip hop

Sweden and swedish death metal

This

the blues are largely dominated by china

American death metal wipes the floor with the shit the swedes made

Not even true. Varg was in a successful death metal band, Old Funeral, which became Immortal, Darkthrone were literally a death metal band signed to PEACEVILLE, etc.

BM started with Venom (Bathory s/t is a poorly recorded Venom clone with raspier vocals) and plenty of non-Norwegian bands were around in the 90s before the Kerrang hype like Samael, Profanatica, Sigh, Master's Hammer, Varathron, Graveland, Dissection, Tormentor, Blasphemy, Impaled Nazarene. Most Norwegian stuff came about cuz Euronymous and friends convinced all of the DM bands to switch to BM. Not to mention plenty of bands came before Norway (save Mayhem) like Sarcofago, Treblinka, Bulldozer, Mercyful Fate.

>implying Trout Mask Replica is unimportant to global music history

this

House/EDM/Techno

Attached: 1551999944489.png (474x663, 44K)

>Bathory s/t is a poorly recorded Venom clone with raspier vocals
Bathory s/t goes harder than even the hardest venom songs.

post punk, shoegaze and goth are dominated by brits

>>Trout Mask Replica is unimportant to global music history
I mean, you're not wrong.

what? no it started in england and sweden with venom and bathory

hip hop no other country comes close to the us