stringtensionpro.com/
>Music theory:
musictheory.net/lessons
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
youtube.com/channel/UCXU3GYv5qEzuPePqXOJBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

old thread

Attached: torres 1.jpg (1392x834, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ID8FjTeCmww
youtu.be/PwIzkYiCaCY
vocaroo.com/i/s1hS1QDCuVip
youtube.com/watch?v=-E49h1V12yI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rvJLNW1ftgQ
youtu.be/i6l8MFdTaPE
youtube.com/watch?v=lVW2fkWXJV4
youtube.com/watch?v=714Y6T48Zgg
vocaroo.com/i/s1hepaDJ6dzx
youtube.com/watch?v=Tn27IcAapPI
youtube.com/watch?v=n-c66SJPuUI
youtube.com/watch?v=vB5NoRg8K64
youtube.com/watch?v=9jglbHwC6mI
vocaroo.com/i/s09sJHvSPjsP
youtube.com/watch?v=S1q-LVH_0vI
youtu.be/A5dz_1meBjY
vocaroo.com/i/s0XMlqUtdpRL
amazon.com/dp/B07B6NG6F5/ref=twister_B07D4PX9JM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 43218846_10156336047736154_1790375216329785344_o.jpg (714x1024, 76K)

Attached: hh.jpg (500x500, 44K)

>/boutique pedal general/

Post guitars for gentlemen of exquisite taste and ample income.

Attached: 3500.jpg (1200x407, 76K)

>he's not getting ready right now to play a show tonight
>he'll shitpost on 4channel until he falls asleep

Attached: 1541804144646.jpg (1200x900, 200K)

Attached: yamaha-aes820-flat-blue-258086.jpg (1200x416, 40K)

Buncha dumbfucks

Attached: 20190217_124805(1).jpg (1323x3586, 622K)

>going outside and subjecting innocent people to your playing if you aren't a master of your craft
>even bothering to show your face if you don't keep time better than a metronome and play cleaner than computer generated guitar sounds

Keep it indoors. You aren't worthy.

>dabs on poorfags
>dabs on digital tape delay
>dabs on boardlets

Attached: chrome_nPndcjj6wU.png (1286x816, 1.42M)

>paying for vintage

Attached: keeley-bubble-tron-filter-sample-hold-with-dynamic.jpg (744x1024, 105K)

Is this good btw? Apparently the mu-tron is his favorite pedal of all time.

TGP sucks and this thread is always leaning in that direction just STOP

yeah it's great it does the job, only annoying thing is unscrewing the back to switch between bank A and bank B

>unscrewing the back to switch between bank A and bank B
what the fugggg

It’s friday!

Attached: 6EB1A068-1753-48AC-9666-B5C2F90D979E.jpg (1200x1800, 238K)

>facial piercing
dropped

Hello, Jcum! It's so nice to see you again!

Now with the friendly greeting out of the way I intend to to hurt your feelings by asking a hurtful question: shouldn't you be practicing right now? Because your playing is TERRIBLE!

Attached: ED0E587C-4EE3-4C76-8D42-C8F73EDE15F0.jpg (1000x1500, 521K)

Like you'd have a chance to begin with.

are active pickups for talentless djentlemen?

kinda makes sense bank b is the more vanilla effects

Attached: Bubble-Tron-Instructions-02-1.jpg (2550x1098, 2.41M)

it's tough so many girls have piercings gotta be careful cause they're trying to "fix" themselves

>any worse than this gay shit
what did he meme by this
No, they're also for people that wear Affliction t-shirt ie

Attached: 12510.f.jpg (1920x1066, 334K)

One of us is the good cop and the other is the bad cop

Attached: FC2329EC-59AE-42CF-BC68-2DD3447729F9.jpg (1000x1500, 499K)

I will literally fuck you in your ass.

Well, okay.

Attached: 32EF47ED-3104-42B3-BAB3-4B29CA5889DF.jpg (500x749, 77K)

Attached: Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly19.jpg (624x317, 60K)

Reminder that Bill Frisell is the best guitarist alive

youtube.com/watch?v=ID8FjTeCmww

Attached: 71o3KY8U3ML.jpg (500x500, 163K)

Friendly reminder that if what you're playing requires pedals to work, you can't actually play guitar.

Attached: bfb.gif (750x400, 122K)

Also used pic related to great effect, not unlike Nels Cline.
youtu.be/PwIzkYiCaCY
Who cares, technique is for nerds.

Attached: 2hx12tu.jpg (1024x768, 93K)

>implying you're even 1/100th the guitarist that Bill Frisell® is.

Attached: bill_frisell.jpg (465x600, 98K)

I'm ok with this.

>ringworm
>wahko
>delay llama
good taste 2bh

>technique is for nerds
I didn't say anything about technique, now did I? I'm talking bare minimum basics here

Knowing how to play guitar and not just noodling aimlessly is for NERDS

>he said he was gonna post more anime face guitars yesterday
>he didnt
>he lied
>i win

Why are you here on a Friday night? Tweaking your boutique pedals? Readjusting your pedal board?

>projecting
It's half past two, I'm drunk at the office and don't go home for another hour. Stop being a bitch.

Attached: bb.jpg (950x950, 72K)

tweakin his own knobs, if you will

Attached: 1525992765412.gif (320x180, 512K)

Hi, Jcum! Why are you still posting here when it's painfully clear from the clips you've posted that you need to be practicing instead?

Would you like to discuss exercises you should be doing instead of this?

Attached: 4EC16890-1B8E-4B82-A74E-732BF20958D7.png (1319x2256, 2.93M)

Bet you can't wait to go home and twiddle those knobs, huh?

but I did

Attached: ABC09D31-7324-4654-80F4-CB29A6B4D7A3.jpg (2000x2744, 589K)

going to see my boy Trey wank it onstage for underage boys

Attached: trey_neck.jpg (642x960, 67K)

Correct, you guys should hear my album it's pretty good asf

Attached: et.jpg (1280x1280, 294K)

This
vocaroo.com/i/s1hS1QDCuVip

Yes
No. I was lurking all night

I don't worry about learning how to actually play the guitar. I'm more of a soundscapist.

Attached: 1552073681220.jpg (480x459, 42K)

>Listening to Morbid Angel after IDI.
I know Tucker is back, but after that "album" they can suck a fucking cock. No Sandoval is another negative.

Does that pedal have a knob that says 'HRT' on it?

They were all posted in the same thread it was talked about in. You lurked the wrong thread boy

Attached: 0787B2BB-0A65-459F-82D2-97505A0DA46A.jpg (1365x2047, 328K)

>Katana 50 had a price hike and is now €220 instead of €200
Well fuck. That's €20 than I was willing to pay for it.
Guess no Katana for me then.

>“Momma’s little baby likes short’nen, short’nen/Momma’s little baby likes short’nen bread,” he sings, then spins off into an unnerving narrative: “Cori-Bell, those weeds are growing faster than you pulling them. Mary-Bell, your daddy watching the way you planting that and it don’t look straight. Lilly-Bell, that plow is not gonna plow without a little elbow grease.” Then Azagthoth returns to song, “Momma’s little baby likes short’nen short’nen/Momma’s little baby likes short’nen bread.”
what does he mean by this?

The producer turned down the volume on all your parts, huh? probably for the best

Looking for a humbuckers equipped guitar just for a different sound. I've had nothing but my tele for a while now and would like a little variation.

Guitars for around/below $600 that fit this? I play a wide variety of music. Anyone have experience with pic related?

Attached: download (1).jpg (416x416, 11K)

Then whats the point if i wasnt in the dead thread?

Hell yeah. With cannibal corpse right? I need to see them soon.

Yamaha Revstar if you have to insist on looking hipster. At least it won't look like you're molesting Quasimodo's cousin when playing it like your picture.

>implying this is offensive to me in any way whatsoever
There's plenty of good guitarists out there user, do we really need another one? Electronics offer limitless possibilities. Why does this make you so angry?
I don't actually know would very much like to try one though.
>implying

Attached: hep.jpg (343x610, 43K)

He likes anime so probably some autistic weeb shit.
Korean dean is a good choice.

>electronics offer limitless possibilities
Yes, and if you want to go that route then software synthesis is objectively better in every way.

Attached: 1539886079488.jpg (652x457, 29K)

Any easy pedals I could build myself to get my feet wet? I know a thing or two about electronics, but I've never built a guitar pedal.

Anyone like Ernie Ball?

Attached: Axis.jpg (2394x1351, 833K)

if youre actually asking that question in this thread you aren't ready to build any pedals

I don't mind a Less Paul style guitar, I've just never had much love for the finish on Epiphones. I'll have to look for a Revstar, though where I am that won't be difficult.

Cannibal Corpse hates philly apparently so nah lol, Immolation instead

Not true btw. Computer synthesis is still extremely limited in the frequency range it's capable of replicating, especially in an effects chain where devices interact with each other.
There's plenty of schematics online, breadboarding shit is extremely simple with any basic electronics knowledge. I think you'd have a lot more fun modding cheap pedals but obviously this

Attached: bicth.jpg (680x493, 30K)

I'm just lazy and looking for suggestions.

I'm interested in picky picks and how they'd change up my dynamics compared with generic fingerpicks.
Otherwise nah

Attached: 71RNP9VRbCL._SX466_.jpg (466x525, 31K)

The Revstars I've tried I've quite enjoyed, I tried a p90 and a humbucker one. Only reason I don't have one is because I already have an SG and an Explorer. I don't want another fixed bridge pure humbucker guitar.

Trey said sorry tho

Attached: MA_setlist_2019.png (1507x851, 59K)

Blacktop Tele

prob got sent into a 'tism fit by mentioning Illud

I've only seen banjo players use those, using it on electric would like kinda cool.

>Not true btw. I actually have literally no idea what I'm doing and probably have some kind of major brain injury that prevents me from doing anything but spew pure nonsense anonymously over the internet
You're achieving new frontiers of bullshitting, jcum. I didn't even think these levels of /pseud/ were even possible

Attached: 1538952767656.jpg (776x602, 98K)

based shoegaze poster

Thats weird. They played/are playing los angeles with immolation and morbid angel. Prolly ex gf or someshit

>poorfag cope
This isn't even worth engaging.
Why do you think there's a pedal industry to begin with, user? If what you're saying was true then everyone would run their dry signal through VST macros in live and studio settings. Why the fuck do you think every style of guitar music makes use of effects pedals in some capacity rather than a laptop.

Attached: tef.jpg (600x600, 41K)

Is Gibson's Pelham blue paler in person? It looks really vibrant in photos but when I saw what I thought was it in person it looked really pale. Maybe I thought it was a different color?

You're really going to double down on this? Are you retarded?
Tell me, when an electronic musician is up on stage with a laptop, do you think he's running it through a pedal chain or something? Legitimately curious about how you think it works

Attached: 1550913962053.png (703x704, 567K)

>seething poorfag

Attached: i_google_image_searched_'laughing_smug'.jpg (635x347, 17K)

Holy fuck it's almost like electroacoustic inputs yield sonic characteristics distinct from synthesizers.
Literally everyone throw your guitars in the trash and switch to string patches.

Attached: mog.jpg (2500x2500, 797K)

Why does this thread even exist

Attached: 9737025511500en.jpg (450x800, 42K)

>letting everyone know youre a fucking retard unironically.

so r can make a fool out of jcum again

>can't compute nuance
What are you even doing here? You make music on the same machine you use to shitpost on 4channel? Sounds miserable.

autistic shrieking isn't an argument
>electro-acoustic inputs sound different from plugins
someone with a legitimate point! Yes, this is true. HOWEVER, analog effects have been surpassed by digital. Hell, analog emulation has been good for nearly a decade now
>if I post enough empty wallet jpegs, that'll distract people from what a tremendous retard I am!

Attached: 1544815202031.jpg (659x525, 41K)

>Hell,
Stopped reading.

Attached: rat_rack.jpg (1000x197, 69K)

Ok I have a serious question.
What is with you fags and your fancy pedals and shit? I don't get it.

Again, what the fuck are you doing here? If emulation was so sophisticated musical instruments would be pointless. You're clearly just broke as shit.
Clean guitar sound is boring.

>he words he doesn't understand
>they're not even scary big words either
>nb4 i was trolling!
gold jerry. pure gold

Attached: lol he dumb.jpg (1592x54, 45K)

You can play metal without high gain and distortion but it won't sound half as good. A lot of the sound relies on amplifying nuances in string vibration that are otherwise so quiet they're percussive effects instead of notes, and the notes decay much faster. It sounds like surf.

youtube.com/watch?v=-E49h1V12yI

But you can also do a pretty okay job by just cranking a tube amp up until it blows your ears out.

Why?
Do you think acoustic sound is boring too? What about saxophone? Trumpet? Any instrument? Are they boring because they only produce one sound?

With any instrument you can get tons of different tones just by playing differently. Electric is probably already the most diverse sounding instrument the world has ever seen. If you can't produce a sound you like with all the settings you already have on a simple amp or guitar...idk wtf to tell you

I can smell the mold

Unless you own a museum, there's no reason to buy that garbage

certain genres are defined by the sound of effects that go beyond what a guitar and amp with standard onboard EQ controls can do, and pedals can give you distortion effects that sound like a cranked amp without causing severe hearing damage

>no argument
>ghost (You)
literal fucking coward lol

Attached: bz.jpg (1280x1096, 126K)

So if you want an organ sound, you should ditch your keyboard (which is locked into the sound of piano, because it's meant to be goddamnit! isn't that enough for you, ya talentless hack! *angry sip*) and buy an organ?

Nah just turn on the organ sound and play that fugue in Dm

Recent Cops? Been wanting a tele for a while. and what the fuck is up with the captcha?

Attached: 15520794475784374491355006552021.jpg (2560x1440, 1.46M)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rvJLNW1ftgQ

What song is that part from at 6:20?
god I’ve fucking heard it and can’t think of the song

Cort Sunset II

no argument
ghost (You)
>literal fucking coward lol
tears of laughter streaming down my face

Attached: lol stoopid af.jpg (910x277, 115K)

>especially in an effects chain where devices interact with each other.

Yeah it's so bad it can't replicate stray inductance/capacitance

What's the most difficult radiohead song to play on guitar?
A lot of people seem to think it's either Paranoid Android or 2+2=5 but i'm not that good at guitar and i can play those easily.
Jonny's Part in Knives Out is pretty difficult in my opinion. Lots of subtle changes. Same thing but to a lesser extent for Scatterbrain.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1500x1000, 142K)

>in the middle of a song
>only have two guitarists
>this is the part where we need the third guitar tone that we haven't used yet
>pedals are for cowards
>okay bill, i'll cover your part, run over and adjust your amp!

Nigga honestly with all the fucking widgets and pedals and shit you could probably make a guitar sound like an organ. But it's not worth an obsession

You could probably do it for

No one replied to my post. Does this sound as good as the g3x and can it record over usb?

Attached: 1552058969890.jpg (869x1158, 234K)

>musical instruments would be pointless
See, effects-heavy music wouldn't be pointless on a guitar if you were going to incorporate the woody timbre and shimmering overtones that make the instrument unique. Knowing what a smoothbrain you are, you didn't even consider that.
>stopped reading
Well, you were almost respectable for a minute there

Attached: 1550191963522.jpg (600x619, 34K)

>step on right button
>do the part
>step on the left

Attached: G3n-large.jpg (750x593, 46K)

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a lot of your tone just come from practice and from feeling the music?

>but doesn't a lot of your tone just come from practice
oof poor jcum

it has a point either way because then you don't have to learn a whole other instrument to get the same effect as, drum roll, effects.

but what do you care, you don't play the stuff for profit or even fun. you just listen to it.

>implying clean is good
youtu.be/i6l8MFdTaPE
>the woody timbre and shimmering overtones that make the instrument unique
Unique to what? A lute? A harpsichord? Any other instrument thousands of years old?
Pull up your favorite song and tell me more about these rich woody overtones saved to your computer electronically and transmitted through your Skullcandy earbuds.

Attached: god_tone.jpg (1548x1236, 217K)

>jcum
wut?

80% of your real tone comes from practice and feel for the instrument. All the microscopic dynamics and deviations from the time signature that humans create effortlessly with good playing that take time consuming work or complex algorithms to recreate without a skilled musician. The voice of your playing. What you sound like. It takes years to develop. It's the difference between a master and an amateur, and between a talented person and a mere practiced player.

20% of "tone" (effects, more accurately called "the sound") comes from thousands of bucks in pickups and shit in the signal chain. It's the difference between a small upright piano and a grand piano - and the right or wrong player can make either sound good or bad.

Rent free once more retard.get off my dick that wasnt me

Help. I was always a frugal motherfucker but now that I bought a fuzz for $90 the barrier for buying other "expensive" pedals doesn't seem so high anymore. Kinda worried for my wallet now.

Attached: 1448823592469.png (404x404, 4K)

Save up for a mia strat

Pedals are lots of fun I've never made a major purchase that I immediately regretted.

>Cort Sunset II
>semi-hollow, but closed
>fixed bridge
>slightly shorter scale length than a fender strat
>sounds bretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=lVW2fkWXJV4

I think I'll settle down on this if I can't find a PRS SE for a lower price than it

Attached: 12-312425800-0193_l.jpg (900x600, 234K)

miabm

>in a shocking twist, he misses the point and is now caught up on pedantics
I have no idea what you're trying to articulate, but I do, in fact, enjoy playing, writing and listening to music

Attached: 1550531524773.gif (167x190, 2.56M)

hes really bad at guitar because he dosen't practice. hear his awful playing here and think about how this is the type of person who thinks he has any reason to be giving advice in this general

Attached: DSC9823.jpg (1600x2000, 953K)

>Effects heavy music is pointless on a guitar if you don't incorporate a sound unique to the instrument

It's not pointless if I play a guitar that sounds like a clarinet without any recognizable guitar sound. Why? Because hooking up a modeler takes 3 seconds and learning clarinet takes 3 years.

Plays better than I do

>can't come up with an effects chain that isn't ridden with interference from everywhere
>"see, this is actually part of the tone and intentional"
>"yeah point to point just sounds better because of the tone capacitors"

Attached: 3942121509_243e098481_z.jpg (640x480, 140K)

That thing gave me earcancer and I didn't even listen more than a few seconds in.

ibanez ar325QA

>reverb pedals are pointless just mic up your cab in the local synagagogue after hours bro
>distortion pedals are pointless just buy a burner amp and slash the driver with a razor blade bro
>delay pedals are pointless just roll up to the gig with a reel to reel machine the size of a small call bro
what the fuck are you getting at? you're free to make your point now

Sounds pretty cheesy because guitar fingering doesn't translate well into other instruments

youtube.com/watch?v=714Y6T48Zgg

?

I like this, hadn't heard of the brand either. I'll find a dealer and check it out, thanks user

>noise hoitz my eawrs owie
idk what to tell you if you actively despise the limitless action potential electroacoustics offer. play piano or something.

Attached: mae.jpg (600x458, 58K)

lmao
vocaroo.com/i/s1hepaDJ6dzx
>Computer synthesis is still extremely limited in the frequency range it's capable of replicating

Attached: lol lookat jcum brain.jpg (645x729, 66K)

How do I not end up like JCUM? When improvising I can repeat the bits I practiced but not much else. It makes me regret getting a guitar.

>Clean guitar sound is boring.
Are you sure?

youtube.com/watch?v=Tn27IcAapPI

I've stated earlier that digital effects are on par with analog.
I'm saying that preserving the characteristics of the dry input is what matters. Otherwise, you might as well just use a midi controller.

>I'm saying that preserving the characteristics of the dry input is what matters
Only if the entire thing isn't digital. Why bother buying different physical effects when something like this (which is overpriced) can already sound like an entire "effect rack"? If you skip the digital to analog conversion and just stay digital you don't lose anything.

Attached: iqa5f2squrhwlyd9kvkf.jpg (1200x630, 59K)

Do you practice fixed solos and the like? Stop that, practice the scales the solo is built up from until you just automatically know where to go next without having it pre-programmed.

>t. poorfag
Get a job and then come back.

^
>nb4 i was trolling!
lmao and there it is!

>Stop that, practice the scales
That's what I do. Just the major scale. I can't ever come up with something like this, for example:

For some time I was trying to start a bar with a chord and continue with a scale starting from one of the notes but it never sounded like anything interesting.

Why are you focused on just one scale? You can dip in and out of minor and other scales while still playing in major. That's where improv comes from.

I'm not advocating for physical effects of any kind. A computer can replace every piece of gear sans the guitar, with the benefit of being able to run it all through a PA if that tickles your fancy.

Because all the simple resolutions are inside it. e.g: start with a note, move up, down, etc, pause on a 7th or 4th to create tension and resolve on an octave of the root. All the good songs are like this. It doesn't really sound like anything when you stray away from it.

>ghost (You) #2
Poorfags are cowards.
Tell me user, what would you be midi controlling preferable to manipulated input of an electric guitar? I implore your guidance.

And you're wondering how to avoid sounding like that guy. Stop wondering, you will end up like him.

I love ghost (You)’s they taste the best

Attached: 2426A7C6-8075-414E-A48F-85D29CCFF981.jpg (1087x1658, 261K)

>what you be controlling?
Use your imagination. Soft synths come in every flavor you can think of and samples can be literally any sound. The only limitation is your creativity.

Then what do I do? How do I become Chet Atkins

Experiment, motherfucker. Learn modes, learn scales. Learn timing, learn small tricks like doubling/tripling a small lick before continuing on.

>tfw have been playing guitar for 9 years and my first guitar was an electric guitar but i still haven't bought a single pedal in my life and no amp set either because i live in a small apartment with thin walls where i'd never be able to turn up the volume.
How do you get started anyways?
And are you supposed to just feed completely clean sound into a pedal chain? I feel like minor coloration from an amp (most of them have their own effects and they can never be completely off) will affect pedal sounds a lot. I've only been playing on acoustic for the past few years and i'm probably missing out on a lot of fun.

Oh and stay the fuck out of the pentatonic hugbox unless you're playing AC/DC or blues.

Completely clean signal goes in the beginning of an effects chain, yes.

>Learn modes, learn scales
You know that's like telling someone to learn to draw by learning colors and basic shapes?

dude, it goes guitar > pedals > amp
this is either bait or very, very sad

>playing guitar is only permissible if you play it exactly how I like without to many pedals
>Use your imagination
Don't use your imagination on electroacoustic sound sourcing though. That's a no no, so says my fifty-year old uncle that drinks Coor's Light and listens to The Eagles.

Attached: 1551551260582.png (356x304, 226K)

>oOooOOoOOOOooo
>g-g-g-host y-y-y-ous

O! am eye larfin'

Attached: retard.jpg (2714x1107, 995K)

>t. poorfag rage

this is probably just going to bounce directly off of you yet again, but I'll try anyways:
Your computer can SIMULATE a pedal chain.
If you route your guitar through your computer, you can have UNLIMITED pedal combinations that you can swap around on the fly.
You can create a digital rig this way that would be COMPLETELY UNFEASIBLE with analog pedals.
Is any of this getting through to you?
>inb4 I was only pretending to be retarded

Attached: FB_IMG_1508173352048.jpg (356x304, 19K)

where did i say it wasn't?

Is that an Artcore?

It's a negro

>Your computer can SIMULATE a pedal chain.
>If you route your guitar through your computer, you can have UNLIMITED pedal combinations that you can swap around on the fly.
I got one of these in January. Link me a VST plugin capable of producing the same range of effects with the same nuance in random settings.
I doubt you'll even reply to this post given how wrong you are.

Attached: 6340481_f520.jpg (520x372, 35K)

>no one's designed software to replicate this pedal
>therefore a computer wouldn't be capable of replicating this pedal
>heheh better luck next time kid

Attached: comment_z23j6nSfPDuiPmlM3NmTqeDi9xlRLMOT,w400.jpg (326x294, 18K)

I already know how to play guitar now why the fuck would I use a midi controller to please your autistic obsession with keeping instruments "in their territory"

Might as well does not translate well when doing the thing that comes after might as well represents the same if not more money and a lot more fucking time. And it definitely doesn't translate well when despite the loss of muh woody guitar overtones I still have the dynamics I've learned to incorporate into playing fretted plucked string instruments, which are difficult to recreate live with a midi controller.

why do you think predictable electronic components can not be simulated

>Link me a VST plugin capable of producing the same range of effects with the same nuance in random settings.
No one cares about that stupid effect. Link me a pedal that can make this sound

youtube.com/watch?v=vB5NoRg8K64

>no one cares
I win

I'm gonna tell you a secret about sound design, my man. Now don't tell anyone, because it's SUPER secret.
What if I told you that you can layer a bunch of subtle effects to make ONE BIG EFFECT?
I know that it'll probably take a moment to process, it's a lot to take in. Take a deep breath.
Now what if I told you that you can do this... More than once IN THE SAME EFFECTS CHAIN?!

Attached: images (47).jpg (266x189, 6K)

>I win

Attached: djw8lztokti01.png (586x578, 37K)

I designed an overdrive pedal in Proteus Ares (I think it's Ares, I don't remember which one of them does the the schematic capture) and it could literally simulate how a circuit is going to sound with a given audio sample. The simulation sounded just as terrible as the real thing.

It makes me wonder exactly how "amp modelling" works. Is it just a clipping/gain curve + EQ?

Do you lay on your back for your partner like this too?

>arguing capability rather than practicality
>being this fucking dense
Pedals are pointless bro if a plugin hasn't been written to replicate its effect just learn a sophisticated combination of sound design and computer programming and do it yourself lol
>goalposts
I have no interest in making music that sounds a smoothie slurping gentrifier that lathers his beard with patchouli oil, thanks.
What combination of effects produces the sound of a Red Panda Particle, user? You wanna tell me that?

Attached: 1487957714992.jpg (640x640, 61K)

>Do (OWW) you lay on your (MY) back for your partner like this too (EYEEEEEES)?

Attached: lole there he goes again.jpg (499x613, 92K)

>What combination of effects produces the sound of a Red Panda Particle, user? You wanna tell me that?
Patch number 86 on multi-effects pedal from 1999

I hurt his feelings so bad he won’t reply to me. What’s wrong? You gonna cry? You gonna shit and cum?

Attached: AA4B1286-EA43-4F73-B146-D126F5CC4F05.jpg (734x627, 120K)

LISTENING TO AMERICAN FOOTBALL RADIO OFF WORK EARLY AND IM ON MY SECOND BEER. TONIGHT BOYS IS KARAOKE AND TURN UP NIGHT. SPACE DUST NIGHT IF YOU WILL. WE MESSIN WIT DAT COSMIK DEBRIS.

Attached: 20190308_145515.jpg (4160x3120, 3.31M)

>arguing in favor of digital plugins
>on a multi-effects pedal
Anyways

>What combination of effects produces the sound of a Red Panda Particle, user? You wanna tell me that?

Watching videos of it on youtube it seems like just stacking random reverb/delay/pitch shifter will sound like it

>what combination of effects produces the sound of muh boutique meme pedal
I don't even know what your pedal does, but unless it's something ridiculously crazy then it probably wouldn't be a lot of work to mimic it

Attached: 1526405244447.png (555x407, 13K)

Since when do you like AF

Attached: D69E472A-3851-4410-9816-C894D9F398A3.jpg (1125x448, 204K)

>Go check it out on youtube
You actually spent money on that shit?
Just rename these threads to /bpg/ - Boutique Pedal General already. That shit is Korg Miku pedal tier.

>delay/phaser/reverb/pitch shifter all at the same time

since your stupid ass started shilling it and i took a listen just to see hiw much i would hate it. And i dont. I quite enjoy the instrumental stuff. I kisten and try to song all kinds of music even if i may not like it. (Tonight imma sing sugar were going down).

>pedal that makes guitar sound like a 2d girl
Now that's something VST's can't replicate

Attached: 256792-1513870518485.jpg (680x680, 41K)

>the dynamics of a fretted and plucked string instrument are difficult to recreate live with a midi controller
they really aren't. if your controller has a pitch bend function all you'd really need is a volume pedal

>different = BAD
>86373121
>I have no idea what I'm talking about but I'll reply anyways
Not even (You) worthy.
>watching videos of it on YouTube
>it sounds like
>

Are there always so many retards in this general?

Attached: 1491077735160.webm (720x404, 692K)

might want to try practicing guitar instead

Only when /bpg/ is out in force.

>AH BLOO BLOO DON'T TALK ABOUT GUITAR PEDALS IN THE GUITAR THREAD OMG
Have sex with a woman, user.

that's trivially easy with stock plugins. all you'd have to do is dick around with the layering until you get it right, or use a patcher if they work in tandem. to quote Steve Vai, greasy kid stuff

I may end up jamming layer tonight. But imma pregame with vocal practice. Cant be a one trick pony ya know. Shouldnt you be practicing your open chord transitioning?

Will you vocaroo it for us?

>to quote Steve Vai
So this is the power of /gg/ intellect.

>"HAI GUIS RATE MY PEDALBOARD AND CHECK OUT THIS RECORDING OF ME PLAYING SOMETHING ON MY GUITAR THAT DOESN'T EVEN SOUND LIKE GUITAR ANYMORE DUE TO 20 LAYERED EFFECTS IT'S AMBIENT ISN'T IT GREAT?"
Go practice, without your crutch.

you do remember you can't play, right? see lole shit is atrocious

ACOUSTIC GANG RISE UP

Attached: 1550032980949.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

YES! Please do this Jcum! Do a little dance! make a little noise!

Attached: monkey-dancing-gif.gif (272x315, 333K)

Be careful he might give you another ghost (you)

I have 2 electrics and 2 acoustics. For ease of access, I tend to grab my nearest acoustic for both practice and when I get a new idea in my head.
If you can play shit well and make it sound good on acoustic, it'll sound even better when you plug in and add some gain.

ooOOOoOOOOooOoo

Attached: giphy3.gif (500x409, 224K)

this guy understands

fukkkkkkk

i have that guitar :)

>he needs distortion to sound good
youtube.com/watch?v=9jglbHwC6mI

I picked it up from a pawnshop for $250 sure its MiM but for that price I couldn't pass it up.

Don't have any pics but I just scooped a 12 string Yamaha and it's pure sex

Attached: 1532039008271.jpg (480x480, 33K)

nah i'll just buy the pedal cuz i'm not broke as fuck, thanks

>meet with my guitar tech earlier today
>End up "while he's setting it up" talking myself into buying lollar db pickups which I can barely afford

My will is so weak

turd polishin's a hell of a drug

>his guitar doesn't sound like guitar ah bloo bloo!
There are entire lifetimes worth of straight guitar music, literally why do we need more?

>brainlet cope
Sad!

this but unironically

Attached: eb6abe2b29a223b810c62a25c19a1b80.jpg (425x543, 43K)

There are entire lifetimes worth of gay guitar music too, literally why are you making more?

And there are several lifetimes of useless hacks who play triads filtered through an effects loop that could have been replicated with a synth in a quarter of the time and money it took.
Now while I'm sure you're keeping at least one boutique pedal designer in labour a year, you're not exactly adding much to music.

Sell your shit, buy a controller keyboard and play around with vsts. Thank me later.

Attached: IMG_20190106_202837.jpg (1536x2048, 464K)

this guy understands that guitar is NOT the future

Well, if you're not into guitar music, then yes, guitar is not the future.
Buy a synth if you want synth sounds.

the truest thing ever posted in /gg/ whoahaha

Attached: GW_June_18_1024x1024.jpg (789x1024, 135K)

You don't buy a violin, record it, then drop it down 4+ octaves to pretend it's a double bass.

Sure if you want... But i feel like singing carly rae jepsen right now csn i do that instead?

Attached: 1hfmx7.jpg (500x420, 22K)

Now thats a fuckin forehead. Absolute unit

Attached: tenor (16).gif (220x165, 144K)

Well, I'm sure it has been done, but it wasn't labeled "violin music".

>i feel like singing carly rae jepsen right now
Of course you do. Now dance even harder and earn your peanuts.

>but it wasn't labeled "violin music"
only it was

Attached: 1392231262231.jpg (344x240, 6K)

>music
>meritocracy
You practiced for 5+ years to hone muh sick shredder chops, now you sound like every boomer that grew up thinking Eric Clapton was god. Congrats, user.

Attached: 1471156215107.png (600x719, 59K)

I'm gonna record a demo today

>>music
>>meritocracy
>You practiced for 5+ years to hone muh sick shredder chops, now you sound like every boomer that grew up thinking Eric Clapton was god. Congrats, user.

Attached: 1416484011279.jpg (638x350, 20K)

Believe whatever the fuck you want to believe, you're a bedroom noodler whose sound isn't defined by technique, only by his effects chain.
Although calling you a noodler is probably giving you too much credit.

>noodler whose sound isn't defined by technique, only by his effects chain
And this is bad because ...???

That sounds good to me :)

>tfw escaped the shredder trap
>tfw got gud at fulfilling fingerstyle self-accompaniment

Attached: 1538074287830.jpg (912x317, 88K)

Struck a nerve, huh? You will *never* stumble into uncharted sonic territory on a clean guitar sound. It's run its course a hundred years and all possible simulations have already been run. You will never write a riff or tonal harmony that isn't totally derived from something already recorded, mass produced, promoted, and sold. At least you can shred though, you do have that.
No I'll continue playing guitar music, thanks.

you just replying to random people? why'd you (you) me faggot

Because you may as well record your own farts and feed it through your fx chain.

>uncharted sonic territory
If you actually believe that, I suggest you listen to more music.

>you may as well record your own farts and feed it through your fx chain
And there'd be a problem with this because ...???

No by all means, go right ahead. You might be the next Death Grips.

>concedes my farts have more interesting sonic characteristics than him playing guitar
weird flex but alright

you can't inhale your own farts if you have to record them, silly

And being the next Death Grips would be an issue because ...???

because then you'd be a nigger

I'm not the one clinging to his fx chain. I'm sure your farts won't be that different sounding from your playing.

I can see sarcasm doesn't penetrate your skull. My bad.

Fuck yeah i get to sing carly rae. Gimme a sec

Yee

I feel like I'm spending my money at the gentlest way of putting it, inefficiently

>I'm not the one clinging to his fx chain
As opposed to... clinging to a piece of wood? You lost me, user. I'm not aware of any fart pedals on the market. I have no interest in playing guitar "well"

>I have no interest in playing guitar
ftfy

I accept that. Do you not understand that I accept that? Why does this make you rockist brainlets so uncomfortable when someone doesn't care about what you decide to obsess over?

Because you're in a thread for guitars and bass and your shitting on the couch asking everyone to admire your turds.

>mfw this whole thread

Attached: 1478312893230.jpg (690x860, 89K)

Here you go boo some fuel.
vocaroo.com/i/s09sJHvSPjsP

>guitar pedals have zero practical utility for anyone interested in playing guitar
*yawn*

lol techfags got btfo

now do the cure friday I'm in love

Attached: gg.jpg (219x210, 5K)

Is it better to never post anything that you have performed, or the post something that is objectively terrible

>NO, PLEASE
>PRACTICE YOUR GUITAR
>DON'T USE TOO MANY PEDALS
the fuck is going on in this thread ?

Attached: 1550066646236.png (645x773, 140K)

trolls

>someone does something different than me
>TROLL
nah you're just gay bro

troll

lmao what a bunch of losers.

Attached: frisell.jpg (585x685, 56K)

troll

i just found i bought a single .28 elixir string from stringsbymail in 2014 and it's still sitting on my wardrobe untouched

Yeah sure, y'all maybe able to bend a minor 3rd into a major 3rd while making a face like you just smelt baby diarrhea, but none of you will literally ever be able to rip a fat sweep arpeggio sequence with intermingled taps and alternate-picked runs if your lives depended on it

Attached: 1535974898068.jpg (525x525, 46K)

idk what this is but it sounds like some gay shit

>if your lives depended on it
it must suck to be such an attention starving whore

TROLL'D ON BEHALF OF KEKISTAN
KEK

Attached: e5f.jpg (600x600, 24K)

working kills the creative drive

tfw gonna work fulltime tomorrow so mr goldenberg can travel

i dont even play guitar anymore and each month that follows on this job kills my hope a bit more

Attached: 1423112063664.jpg (500x365, 25K)

>walletfags triggered by gear talk
I don't think this is necessarily true but a lot of people get lost in the proficient dexterity of musical practice rather than making r something new.
>99% of the world's top pianists come from China
>produces / has produced 0% of the world's top composers

Attached: 12uttL6.jpg (750x739, 36K)

Attached: gimmie dem.jpg (716x715, 65K)

>T. intimidated by people with actual ability

there's a million and one people with greater guitar ability than you and all of them sound the same
is that intimidating to you?

>being good at your instrument makes you bad at your instrument
>therefore, spend money
>you don't want to spend money?! you must be poor!!
Boss has deposited $.05 into your account

Attached: fb1.jpg (530x500, 56K)

Gear is a means to an end of course, but I'd rather listen to an hour of Derek Bailey than a fucking ten minute Steve Vai solo.

>/bpg/ - Boutique Pedal General
youtube.com/watch?v=S1q-LVH_0vI
Go chase your "new sonic frontiers in your own general.

/gg/ is now /bpg/ tell all your friends

>99% of the world's top pianists come from China
>produces / has produced 0% of the world's top composers
>produce
>top
>composers
Nobody gives a shit about intricate, creative, and skillful displays in artistic talent anymore. Nobody has "produced" any "top" "composers" in recent years because nobody gives a shit anymore. Entertainment is king. Art is fucking irrelevant. Why do you think the oscars wanted to eliminate awards for cinematography and editing while at the same time introducing one for "best popular movie"? You're using the lack of "regognition" as proof of something when that something hasn't been recognised by anyone since for almost a hundred years now.

Ok wait.

the fastest way to idiocracy

>Personally, I prefer huffing my own farts over mindless wanking
Ahh yes, the two genders.

Attached: FB_IMG_1549323388313.jpg (665x600, 56K)

I'm not telling you what a good reality is I'm telling you what the actual reality is you stupid fuck. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant, you can't do shit about it because you're just as much a fucking idiot as everyone else.

The movie you're namedropping was making fun of people like you anyway.

>You're using the lack of "regognition" as proof of something when that something hasn't been recognised by anyone since for almost a hundred years now.
Ok that's a good point actually but are you aware of ANY composers originating from China achieving any degree of acclaim whatsoever? I'm not. Not even one.
Could definitely be a cultural thing or repression of the Chinese government, but the contrast warrants investigation.
I'm not this guy btw
youtu.be/A5dz_1meBjY

fuck you

vocaroo.com/i/s0XMlqUtdpRL
Here you go faggot

Attached: drumm.jpg (1200x905, 237K)

surriously deep convos happening itt rn
thx jcum for bringing such deep deepness into our humble thread
everybody is an idiot EXCEPT FOR US

This is a sad anime face

I think it's about time to put him down, buddy. he's sufferin'.

>but are you aware of ANY composers originating from China achieving any degree of acclaim whatsoever? I'm not. Not even one.
I can't answer that in any confident way since I am not too familiar with the long running history of Chinese music. Could be the unlikely thing that a large, vastly populated and fairly advanced portion of an entire continent didn't generate a single interesting idea for over a thousand years, could be western canon is based entirely around the achievements of western works and eastern ideas never caught interest regardless of merit, could be the idea of western canon started losing relevance in western culture itself by the time extra-european influences started taking hold. I am not educated enough on the subject to say what the actual reason is, and you sound like you're pretty much in the same position, making your question irrelevant, making discussion of this irrelevant. All I know is modern trends and those modern trends couldn't give the slightest shit about artistry, creativity or tradition. Those things are 100% irrelevant now and saying that China hasn't produced any "classically minded influential contemporary composers" is utterly redundant.
Thank you for your input.

>not calling me a fa/gg/ot
i'll kick your ass irl one day you'll see

Attached: 1519450343842.jpg (354x367, 17K)

Im not involved in your bullshit fuck off.

Attached: 15520934807722258938437184826717.jpg (4160x3120, 3.52M)

Haha, sure thing champ!

How do I actually learn to play guitar ?

looking at that makes me physically hurt

gimmie ur address punk i'll come RIGHT NOW and do it

Attached: 1519426108503.png (576x451, 261K)

By not listening to /gg/. Not even me. NOBODY.

well you sure as hell don't come to /gg/

Attached: rowe.jpg (500x332, 42K)

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC. Ask for Donnie

1060 W. Addison. Chicago.

Looks pretty aesthetic to me. I wouldn't pay money for it, but I mean if I was someone play this I'd think "cool".

NEW THREAD

PAYPAL ME SOME GAS MONEY AND THAT'S YOUR ASS BUDDY

Attached: maxresdefault (2)_crop.jpg (719x719, 43K)

Alright /gg/oys red-pill me on RACK MOUNTED GEAR. I noticed it is a lot cheaper than regular amps, but I still don't understand what makes them so good.

Attached: prod_1680448512.jpg (2000x2000, 961K)

Guitar racks should have died in the 90s. They are even more obsolete now as they are woefully outclassed by things like AxeFx

>check AxeFx site
>scroll to "featured artists"
>not a single name that has produced any art of any value
doesn't inspire much confidence desu

Can anyone name me a good bass to get for under $300?

Attached: c61c9d7ae7dc51752f7736b9980b3fbd-png.jpg (293x300, 16K)

Looks very vintage and relic. I bet the tone is even better than it looks.

I would unironically get this just to get the poor bastard playing

GUIRAT SI TUNRING YUO GAY

amazon.com/dp/B07B6NG6F5/ref=twister_B07D4PX9JM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

boring

gross lol

ok but you missed the part where no one cares if they have a chance with the e thot

no