Why is there so much hate for this band?

Attached: FF11AC8E-F9F0-4438-99D0-9BA557F46465.jpg (170x301, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lQnORVoz1yI
youtube.com/watch?v=9RkVQcWlqK8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

brainlets who cant form their own opinions

Edgy crap. They're not cool or funny

i like them, however, i can see someone hating them for their pretentious lyrics, but god damn they wrote some of the best songs you'll ever hear in your life like rosetta stoned, schism, hooker with a penis to name a few, so it's not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be

Dunno. I never cared about the haters. I loved Tool back in 2006 as a teenager and I still love Tool today.
10/10 band and I'm pretty pissed I couldn't get tickets for the concert in my country. Was sold out in 10 minutes.

Better release that album soon.

Did you actually look at the image you uploaded here, and really think about what you were looking at before asking this question?

waiting for the "the band is cool but muh fanbase" argument

Attached: S4H8Dhjq7dMYyNn0VhH18KCBGcK-vlls9woIYWnUv-E.jpg (1021x767, 121K)

dude weed lmao

You need a really high iq to understand tool and people hate what they don't understand

More like: You really need to get high to understand tool and narcs hate what they don't understand

their music has aged poorly and they haven't put out an album in 15 years or made any attempt at remaining relevant. also they're pretty underwhelming live.

Where do you get the idea that they are hated?

Never listened to them as a band but their drummer did a cool effort at Journey to Reedham by Squarepusher.

youtube.com/watch?v=lQnORVoz1yI

That's not Danny bro

For me it's more of the fact that people constantly go on about how deep their songs are when they really aren't deep at all. Further feeding the meme that they are a "smart" band. But the bass playing is cool.

"Haters" can fuck off. TOol is fucking amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=9RkVQcWlqK8

Sorry dude you are right, wrong band thats how much I know.

They are a smart band. Not as in "a band for smart people" but the actual band is smart in how they approach everything. The production, composition, even live performances have all been thought out to be very deliberate and intentional.

and also, I could give less of a shit about the lyrics or message or whatever. I'm talking strictly about the music

"Overthinking overanalyzing seperates the body from the mind"

People think to hard to find deeper meanings and shit when they just make good music to chill out too

Tool is one of the rare instances where both its fans and its haters are equally autistic.

Keep believing

Attached: maynard-laughing.jpg (1000x500, 149K)

Literally a pleb filter. All you ever hear as far as criticism goes is ALWAYS reactionary.
"They're not that good"
"Overrated"
"The music is good but the fans are autistic"
This is because the music itself is technically sound and conceptually interesting which is far and away more than what you could say about most Yea Forumscore albums.
The only true argument you could make for them is that their time signature comes off as repetitive at times.

Attached: tumblr_o3yximtJ9I1qlwqqzo2_r1_540.gif (400x800, 60K)

because they aren't A Perfect Circle