Washed up, old, irrelevant band

>washed up, old, irrelevant band
>actually releases good album
ok

(making this thread again because it got no traction yesterday. does this board discuss anything else than k-pop and rap?)

Attached: image.jpg (500x500, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C7m7l8iqGAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>does this board discuss anything else than k-pop and rap
Yes, but Dream Theater is still a fucking joke. Always was, always will.

Dream Theater is not that popular here.

Also you sound like a dumbass.

Anything prog metal beyond Watchtower, Voivod, Coroner, Mekong Delta and a handful of others is bad, bad, bad.

>still a fucking joke
Well, I thought so too after 2009, yet they proved that they're not, with this album.
It's portnoy-tier good. Not even kidding. It's amazing.
Sucks. Metal general is a black metal circlejerk as well.
>you sound like a dumbass
Why? I just want to have a discussion.

youtube.com/watch?v=C7m7l8iqGAk

This is the cringiest shit I've heard in months, it's literal edgy garbage, I had no idea they were this bad, sounds like something that could have come out 20 years ago.

The only positive thing I could say is the solo is technically good but a bland and the keyboard playing is ok.

That's essentially the weakest track on the album, so fair point.
Listen to untethered angel, room 137 and barstool warrior. This album has some of the best tracks that DT put out post-2000.
>sounds like something that could've came out 20 years ago
How does time relate to how it sounds at all?

maudlin of the well is based

Idk the way you worded your post makes me thin you're some zoomer moron who thinks all old music or bands are "irrelevant"

You got me fucked up big time, man.
I got introduced to DT on Yea Forums, in 2005.
My all time favourite album of theirs, and also my favourite all time metal album is Awake (2004).

Well, that was an ironic mistake on my part, meant to say (1994).

No. Also, I don't steal, so I don;t get to listen to everything ever all at once, like you you fucking Jew.

Good taste.

What did he mean by this?

Is it actually good?
man DT are basically prog gods at this point it's nice that they came out with music that works after so long I need to listen to this

>Also, I don't steal, so I don;t get to listen to everything ever all at once
Are you retarded?

Yeah most of the songs are actually pretty good, I was relieved. They finally climbed back to the quality of one of the post-octavarium pre-mangini albums at least. I know that's not a high bar, but it's impressive for them to do now

Attached: 20e147c9-4bc4-42d8-94a9-cd2738a975c4.jpg (960x708, 176K)

Yeah, it actually is.
I was expecting something of self-titled-quality. Mangini's tone has improved a lot, as well.
Exactly my thoughts.
Based

not listening to this

I haven't listened to it yet, except the two singles, and those sounded just like the rest of the shit they've put out the last 25 years.

They made two masterpieces in Images & Words and Awake and a good album which is their debut. Everything after that stinks.

Might give it a try later to day, but I'm still hurt by how mediocre The Astonishing felt to me

Best DT album is Live Scenes From New York. Prove me wrong.

*siiip*

Imagine how good Dream Theater would be if instead of LaCheese the vocalist would be someone like Russell Allen.

>how does time relate
It relates in terms of distance

Dream Theater was my favorite fucking band on Earth as a kid, but the band died to me when Portnoy left, pure and simple. Also, it started to get pretty corny around Systematic Chaos, even though that was still a good album. Lyrics became more about fantasyland and the band kinda became a caricature of itself.

I personally have not listened to a single song after Portnoy left. I'll try this record out though, OP

>train of thought
>bad

Fuck whoever made this

>DT goes alt-metal
>good

I don't care what label you want to put on it. They popped off on that record. It basically has no bad tracks.

they should've quit making music after this
best prog metal album and it's not even close

Attached: 91lwDts-HOL._SL1437_-1.jpg (1437x1437, 421K)

Imagine how good anything would be if the vocalist was Russell Allen

am I on fucking Yea Forums?

jesus

DT went to shit after Kevin left.