Better singer than MJ

>better singer than MJ
>better writer than MJ
>supremely talented multi-instrumentalist; didn't have to rely on session musicians like MJ
>produced his own music
>fucked 10/10 goddesses like Sherilyn Fenn and Vanity; didn't have to prey on children like MJ

Attached: prince-favorite-color-not-purple.jpg (2000x1360, 548K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jr9uliNQwNA
youtube.com/watch?v=1AhvJy6nWBY
youtube.com/watch?v=muyaWFQzlsQ
google.com/amp/s/www.maxim.com/.amp/entertainment/time-prince-menaced-arch-rival-michael-jackson-playing-aggressive-slap-bass-2015-10
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's the criteria for this comparison

Black guys who have effeminate personas and at one point in history had the same skin complexion? IIRC it was Rick James who had a rivalry with Prince, not Jackson, who was more like a bubblegum star than a "rock star" persona like those two had

Everyone with two brain cells to rub together and has given both catalogues proper attention knows Prince was far superior. It's almost laughable that such a point can even be debated.

prince ran his own record company and didnt have the slick hollywood shill machine that MJ did at Sony etc
Good PR costs a lot of money and Prince decided to not give it away to evil shilling fucks
its why he was never "perceived" as being as commercially huge.
but he was 10x more talented. as far as i know Mj only played basic piano. Prince was a master multi instrumentalist par excellence

i hereby present my indisputable, well-researched and factually correct argument: nah.

Never did like Prince at all. Often have to mute the radio when his music comes on. MJ is good though

MJ is innocent though

he was a manlet

>cant dance

You remember all the artists coming out to pay tribute to Prince when he kicked it? The dude was a titan back in the 80s and one of the most sought after names in the business as a songwriter and producer.

Prince was a god-tier dancer. Educate yourself, son.

Here in Minnesota, people generally love Prince more than MJ because he's one of our own. Plus his music had more bite to it than MJ, who mostly just made cheery pop. Prince also did pop, but he played around with it more.

here in washington we dont care about either
but prince > mj

He also banged Susanna Hoff

Attached: 1MHa.gif (267x200, 797K)

>manlet

I thought he failed at that? wrote them a huge hit though

OD'ed like MJ, fnar

I like Prince more, but its not that simple.
Unless you mean in pure skill, then sure of course Prince wins, but putting Michael's best up against Prince's best, its stiff competition.

>poor songwriter
damn...

mj was a provably better singer

not like mikey tho

Idk, I haven't listened to a lot of Prince but somehow he's able to sound more gay than MJ.
MJ has a lot of great songs.
Give me your top 5 Prince songs that aren't Purple Rain

Yeah I agree. I'm surprised to hear he even banged women at all. He's the gayest looking person I've ever seen.

He wasn't mentally destroyed by his father, just those opiods

>Little Red Corvette
>Uptown
>She's Always In My Hair
>Nothing Compares 2 U
>Kiss

That's just a few. He has so many great songs. MJ's highs may be close to Prince's highs, but Prince had way more highs overall.

Personally I like Billie Jean, Thriller and Beat It more than either of those, but maybe you're right with the last part of your statement since I don't really like a lot of MJ's other songs

Have you seen how faggy bands used to look in the '80s? Just look at glam rock ffs, those dudes were getting all kiinds of pussy.

I mean this is true. But if you think about it the glam metal guys acted very macho despite their looks. Prince acted, looked and sang like a complete faggot. Still good music don't get me wrong but thinking about him banging more women than me makes me very angry.

Don't worry, your taste might improve.

>he forgot batdance

Partyman

This was just the first 5 that popped in my head. The list could go on for awhile.

[spoiler]Though I actually don't like either of those that much[/spoiler]

Well, I fucked that up.

batdance was just a joke user, it isn't good.

95% of his catalog is trash

talentless hack who ripped off sly stone and rick james- literally only memorable thanks to dave chapelle giving off a more interesting impression than the man himself

How could he have stolen from Rick James when the two began their recording careers almost at exactly the same time?

what a fucking shit best Prince songs list, wow

How do you not include any of these?
>Adore
>If I Was Your Girlfriend
>Something In The Water
>Partyup
>Lady Cab Driver
>DMSR
>I Wanna Be Your Lover
>Anotherloverholenyohead
>Housequake
>Starfish and Coffee
>Sign O The Times
>I Would Die 4 You

and while MJ was fantastic, Prince was clearly the superior artist. However, pure pop artist, maybe MJ has him beat. But, I'd rather listen to Prince 8 times out of 10

>almost at the same time

you know he opened for rick james right? that's where he stole james' act from

imagine thinking this

yeah i know, imagine being correct about something for once in your life

Michael was like 5'9" beside Prince was a mad lad. Have you heard the bass story?

Rick James was too inconsistent and only had a few good songs in between a lot of boring dance tracks and ballads with no melody or hooks.

He was just jelly because he was like 30 before he "made it" while Prince was a star at 19-20.

Yeah, lots of great songs, but I'm not sure they're the best place to start with him.

I'm not really a big fan of the earliest Prince stuff from the late 70s when he did mostly ballads in a faux-Barry Gibb voice.

>no Elephants & Flowers
actual shit list

Graffiti Bridge has some underrated gems. It's just the other half is hot garbage.

Prince was a one man music machine in the 80s and the ideas came to him almost effortlessly (just like David Bowie in the 70s). Like happens to a lot of artists though, he eventually started to confuse "effortless" with "no effort" and became increasingly self-indulgent and put out stuff nobody but himself could possibly appreciate. Once hip-hop took over the black music world in the 90s, he couldn't adapt.

yeah, I've always been on the fence with that album. some fucking classic Prince tunes mixed in with some head scratchers. That was kinda how Prince went from Batman onwards, really. Every album has 3 or 4 gems mixed in with either okay or atrocious material. But I always did love Thieves in the Temple and Elephants & Flowers

as massive of a Prince fan I am, I agree with this. He denounced hip hop at first, then realized he had to try to incorporate it in his music, to pretty much awful and cringey results. he did get stuff turned around a bit at times though in the 90s and 2000s. Art Official Age has some jams

there wasn't really a way prince could adapt to hip hop fully, everything prince represented is totally antithetical to hip hop and its values (although hip hop does take a lot from his music and the minneapolis sound)
regardless, imo the NPG stuff isn't actually a terrible adaptation to the early 1990s, it's just that the rappers he chose were lacking and he got too embroiled in the new jack swing trend
he probably would've been better off pursuing alternative music like he hinted at on around the world in a day but he would've been divorced from his core audience for that

Michael Jackson dabbled with some hip-hop, actually even Rick James tried it with Loosely's Rap (painful and bad) but the end had clearly come for all those guys whose sound was rooted in 70s funk.

Saw both live
Prince was the single tightest musical performance I have ever seen
Say what you want about his music, him and his band are top-tier musicians

Attached: pokemon-says-go-pikachu-riding-human-by-pawel-kuczynski-1.jpg (800x800, 185K)

He's such a Chad. Don't post him here anymore

out of interest when did you see them?

Even if Michael hadn't been fucked by the child abuse allegations, the 90s would have sunk him anyway because his style was also completely foreign to the new decade.

You all heard how Nevermind knocked Dangerous off the #1 spot on the Billboard chart? To be honest MJ wasn't terribly cool or relevant even before the abuse stuff broke and most people by the early 90s had written him off as a relic from 7-8 years earlier--during this time Janet was way more popular.

The 90's had the worst Prince meterial but I still love some stuff from this time (Gold experience, d&p, love symbol). He never captured the excellence of the 80's again but 2000 onwards there were a lot of good stuff.

He suffered from the usual problem of 70s funksters which was that he would always pad out albums with tons of bland, soggy ballads as an easy, lazy way of getting on the radio and getting women to buy the album.

freaky niggas like mj

youtube.com/watch?v=jr9uliNQwNA
No could dance like Michael

*No one

Michael was dark skinned before his vitiligo set in. Prince was light skinned.

Prince moved a 17 year old into his home His home, did you look it up!!!

He really had a dirty mind, it happens all the time

>better singer than MJ
Fuck no

RIck James peaked on Street-Songs and Throwin' Down, everything after that was downhill. His attempts to do politics and then a hip-hop number came off as forced and tryhard.

uhhh no
youtube.com/watch?v=1AhvJy6nWBY

Agree (I do love his later stuff too though) a lot of people sadly ignore throwin down which is fantastic. In fact it's surprising how unpopular and underrated Rick is now.

>no I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man

It's his best fucking song.
youtube.com/watch?v=muyaWFQzlsQ

MJ didn't have 1/100th the talent Prince had in anything besides dancing.

Prince is GOAT. Short little light skinned fucker blew everyone out, his existence invalidates everything this board believes about men and music. It's not even a debate.

>better singer
lmao

Easily

tell

Even if this was true, 5% is god tier, and given the number of songs he wrote that's like 15 songs. Most artists are lucky to get one.

google.com/amp/s/www.maxim.com/.amp/entertainment/time-prince-menaced-arch-rival-michael-jackson-playing-aggressive-slap-bass-2015-10