This album is honestly pretty fucking amazing

This album is honestly pretty fucking amazing.

Attached: 51wy7dEx6GL.jpg (500x484, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1MBF0ErjMOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

their best imo

It's one of the greatest albums of all time. It was the first album I ever received.

Their only non cringe release, arguably excluding the dub thing

The Fall is completely not cringe considering its even more "just for fun" than the other albums.

And Plastic Beach's themes really aren't cringe.

They're a good band

Eh. Always found the first album was sort of stumbling, like they were throwing literally everything at the wall to see if it stuck.
Demon Days is definitely the best and most polished release from them.

Does anyone know why they completely went to shit after the first release? Did the members/contributors change? Did the management/contract change? The weird thing is Albarn was already famous and had already had already his fill of being a pop star from blur, so I can't understand why they went in such a popularity-oriented, watered down, pop-schlock direction.

pleb top 40 listener

>I-IF IT'S MEMORABLE AND CATCHY AND WELL PRODUCED IT'S PLEB
kek, pathetic

no, if it's pleb shit it's pleb. You're a pleb.
>s/t isn't catchy or well produced
musically disabled. It's the only good thing the band has made.

You'd have to be a dead human being to not like the Demon Days songs.

pretty commonly regarded as cringe sellout shit around these part m8

No shit, Gorillaz was a fun project for Albarn.
Gorillaz is pretty pleb. Pleb =/= bad.

IT DAAAAAAAAAAA
youtube.com/watch?v=1MBF0ErjMOc

s/t was their peak, everything post-d-sides has been complete garbage. i can't even be bothered to listen to the now now after the monstrosity that was humanz.

Attached: he's pointing at... us....jpg (770x1077, 96K)

i'd reccomend checking the now now out. It's nothing incredible, but way way better than Humanz

plastic beach is by far their most coherent and quality album

how is demo days selling out? it only even had like 2 songs that did well

s/t was a really interesting moody experimental hip hop / dub record with a couple decent punk tunes on it for some reason and some really weird pop tracks and a couple stupid radio singles. Demon Dayz is a bunch of uninspired blah with obvious radio pandering. Everything about it is worse than s/t

Really don't see how its "radio pandering" outside of the hits.

No album with sweepstakes, welcome to the world of the plastic beach and white flag on can be considered coherent. It's got some stellar songs, but it's hit and miss as hell.

Fireflies came on at work the other day and I was genuinely impressed, is the rest of the album up to that standard? I might have to listen.

your point stands, but its not really strong enough of a point try to dismiss an album as bad just because you like s/t a lot more. i enjoy a lot instrumentation of the album a swell as a lot of the vocals. and who are you to interpret stuff as cringe or radio pandering anyhow really.

Only Sweepstakes actually breaks the vibe of the album. The only complaint I have about welcome is that it draws out an introduction. White Flag is perfectly appropriate to the album.

first off, welcome to the world of the plastic beach is good shit
fireflies is one of the best tracks desu, but there's many that are as good, and there's not really a bad track, some might just not click with you

it's one of the best albums of the 2000s. And Plastic Beach is the best synthpop album of the century, if not the best of all time. Yea Forums dismissing this band just cause their image appeals to kids and they associate it with their embarrassing middle school is the biggest proof that this board is mostly parroted meme opinions and almost zero actual appreciation and love for music
>dub is bad
turbopleb

the only bad song on PB is white flag, and the problem isn't even the song it's the production

Yeah it’s pretty good, I like Plastic Beach a lot too. Both of those albums are great

i remember this when it came out and it was awesome at the time. i still love it to this day and feel it's still the best album they made

It’s alright

it's dogshit

demon days is their only good album

>be white
>post this unironically

s/t was a creative eruption

demon days was focused

plastic beach began as leftovers, and ended with a premature release

humanz...

the now now is fun

All are great and nobody should feel bad for enjoying Gorillaz!

This is the only Gorillaz album I enjoy in its entirety from first to last track with Demon Days coming to a close second. All their other works I didn't care much for. Solid 10/10 classic