I can't appreciate music anymore, it's stimulating...

I can't appreciate music anymore, it's stimulating, it keeps my occupied but its not captivating and it doesn't make me feel anything. I can appreciate a song on an analytical level but not on the emotional level I feel like music is supposed to really speak to. I can't remember the last time a song clicked for me, or invoked some strong emotion within me. I remember a time when this wasn't the case and I could be really engrossed in a song and music was beautiful. I face this same problem with many other things in my life but I don't think I'm depressed because overall I'm not sad, just neutral. I don't know what do, has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Attached: the-old-guitarist.jpg (650x977, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/318942858
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes. I have had the same thing happen more and more for a while. It used to go in waves but the last few years it's been more and more consistent. Although, these last few months have surprisingly been better and I've been having music "click" more again. It's weird though. It almost always changes day to day. One day music will just sound fantastic and I'll want to do nothing but listen to it constantly. And then the next day nothing will sound that good and I'll just have no urge to listen.

My recommendation is to gather some friends and go see an artist that you haven't seen before. Maybe it will reinvigorate the passion you once had. It did for me.

mundanity

Listen to better music then you asshole.

fucking waste

vimeo.com/318942858

You're probably depressed.

Whooooooooaaaaaa, one day is different than another????!!!!! What a fucking discovery!

truth, or stressed

I wanna suck those fukin asian tiddys and squeeze em and love em and shoot my cum on them mmmmmm guess I'm back into "music" again

You're 20 and you're a full of shit braindead retard with no life experience spewing utter horseshit wasting your life with strangers on a shitty site, forcing yourself to be into music instead of going to other things and taking a break. Get your shit together, grow the fuck up, quit complaining

thanks

Go somewhere else then

>tripfag
>telling others they should leave
lol

NICE

Before you press the panic button, explore a new genre. Normally like less intense, more dispassionate stuff? Throw yourself into something high-energy.

Re-activate your brain by resolving to learn a new skill, especially a tactile skill (e.g. cooking, marksmanship, sculpture, some shit like that.)

Inducing brain injury can help mix it up a bit too if need be.

sidenote: if you think you have legit clinical depression, marksmanship is probably a bad path.

no you are wrong, my post is the best post in this thread by far

Do drugs asshole

Yes, music like every other hobby and passion, needs some rest from time to time.
Take a week off of it, listen to the sounds of the world and if you really can't stop listening to music, listen to ignorant stuff like what you consider your guilty pleasures and go back to when you didn't bother analyzing music. Love and feels will come back, once you're into art you never really get out of it, you just need a break.

this. depression has many forms other than "sadness". Do some research on depression specifically anhedonia and consider seeing a doctor before it spirals out of control.

feels bad

sounds like you just need something fresh to listen to. here OP this might be apeeling to you (: