Why is this album so bad?

Attached: 220px-TheClashLondonCallingalbumcover.jpg (220x220, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yjg6flu3zuc
youtube.com/watch?v=vmezIIrFQmY
youtube.com/watch?v=G6QjLLgeMME
youtube.com/watch?v=9dMVHxFzNK4
youtube.com/watch?v=NIGMUAMevH0
youtube.com/watch?v=6ZktNItwexo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Combat Rock >

because they desperately tried to cram in filler songs when it could've been a near perfect record if it only had like 7-10 songs

because it isn't just spanish bombs on repeat for two hours

Cuz it's a shitty PLANT band. It's like the Foster the People of early punk.

ive never been able to get into the clash. i hate everything about them.

It’s not that bad it’s pretty alright

it's not really that bad, it's just that Combat Rock 999999 times better so this sounds like shit in comparison

>Thinking this is a bad album

Attached: 0ca12274-372c-4493-8d6a-245094f443f7_1510531200.png (514x514, 220K)

Its not a bad album, it’s just overrated and the album cover is way more punk than anything on the album. What are they gonna smash the axe after I’m all Lost in the Supermarket?

Epic bait, mate.

>London Calling [Epic, 1980]

>Here's where they start showing off. If "Lost in the Supermarket," for instance, is just another alienated-consumption song, it leaps instantly to the head of the genre on the empathy of Mick Jones's vocal. And so it goes. Complaints about "slick" production are absurd--Guy Stevens slick?--and insofar as the purity of the guitar attack is impinged upon by brass, pianner, and shuffle, this is an expansion, not a compromise. A gratifyingly loose Joe Strummer makes virtuoso use of his four-note range, and Paul Simonon has obviously been studying his reggae records. Warm, angry, and thoughtful, confident, melodic, and hard-rocking, this is the best double-LP since Exile on Main Street. And it's selling for about $7.50.

>A+

sorry op you're objectively wrong

Attached: christgau.jpg (480x360, 22K)

>be me
>be 12 years old when this comes out
>buy it
>listen to it 1000 times
the highs are so high that the filler doesn't matter.

this desu. it's alright pop rock for the most part, and then a lot of reggae shit. not really a punk album

one of the best albums ever only hated here because muh punk

This album has no filler
only killer

It's not, perhaps you are simply a pleb?

correction
>because it isn't spanish bombs and lost in the supermarket on repeat for two hours

RUUUUUUUDY CAN'T FAAAAAAAAIL

Based

I seriously enjoy it, though I don't regard it as much a of punk rock album per say. Maybe it's pretty punk of them to start off with the punk scene and then not make an exclusively punk rock album therefore making the album punk?

It's bad because you're a contrarian dork who takes glee in insulting an album that's often called one of the greatest in the history of rock music.

All the real punks never made punk

This album sucks though, fuck ska in all it's forms. And yes I know it isn't a ska record but the reggae/dub influence is there and it's trash

>fuck ska in all it's forms
cringe

Attached: 1547866549409.jpg (500x419, 33K)

youtube.com/watch?v=yjg6flu3zuc
youtube.com/watch?v=vmezIIrFQmY
youtube.com/watch?v=G6QjLLgeMME
youtube.com/watch?v=9dMVHxFzNK4
youtube.com/watch?v=NIGMUAMevH0
youtube.com/watch?v=6ZktNItwexo

Pick a better madness song please, such as Night Boat To Cairo or My Girl. Thank you.

nah, that song is wonderful

But Spanish Bombs has some really broken Spanish as well as some inacurate political and historical ideas that make it unlisteneable for a Spainfag like me.

Keep in mind that the Clash influenced the Pop Group so they're pretty alright.