stringtensuonpro.com/
>Music theory:
masictheory.net/lessuns
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
fradua.com/guitar_craftpeidia_en.html
youtube.com/chainel/UCXU3GYv5yEzuPePqXOiBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPagis/Luthier/Tachnique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhf!5nEaeUD8xQYO8ipUopViqw

old thread

Attached: 20181216_160449.jpg (1440x1728, 625K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/3opP
instaud.io/3ouB
youtube.com/watch?v=wt4aQQJDJPg
youtube.com/watch?v=lEmhw8IK9O0&t=150
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

instaud.io/3opP

Attached: c0a2b9d2-2719-48ca-9e38-dc5f8f276895.jpg (720x1280, 134K)

It’s almost Friday

Attached: 00898EC9-5C57-416C-BE4D-048DC0A54541.jpg (1125x1396, 102K)

Did anyone here buy Steve Vai's book on music theory? Currently debating whether I should order it

How is it any different than any other book on theory?

check out my soundcloud

it's written by a man that looks like a grandma

how to fix pickups out of phase against eachother but sounding good on their own

it's a J-type bass

I'm in my mid 20s and have hardly touched a guitar in my life, only know a few chords. Is it still worth it to learn? Or is le neural pathways meme true?

>I'm in my mid 20s and have hardly touched a woman in my life
no. go gay.

>Or is le neural pathways meme true?
whats that

Fuck off

u first bb

Dude just pick up a guitar and play for a few minutes everyday there's no science behind it lmao

Swap the leads around on one of the pickup connections. Put the white wire where the black one used to be and vice versa.

dont speak in fuckin wire colours, speak in ground wire, pickup's wire, a pot's lung etc. please

Imagine having 60+ years of your life left and thinking it's too late to learn something new

Stop being retarded and extrapolate from what the guy said, don't expect to get spoon-fed

I want to buy a cheap electronic piano. How many keys do I need?

Fuck off Sam. You can't afford it anyways

1 octave worth with a usb port

Sam can't afford a USB port

>electronic piano
wtf is this?
get a midi keyboard and use thousands of software and sample libraries

Sam can't afford to pirate software and sample libs

Attached: 1527516213382.jpg (470x747, 41K)

What would you guys suggest for someone who has been playing on and off for 10 years, can mostly play only cowboy, power, and barre chords, is dissatisfied with the songs they write, and feels like they'd be better off starting from scratch? Should I get a teacher or do you think just going through Justin Guitar's courses would be good enough?

Just start learning new stuff

Would it be a dumb idea to try and start over by learning to play left-handed to get rid of all my bad habits?

there are free sample libs

madman

no

Post halo helmet

So I read this page about chord progressions and a year ago that labeled which degrees of the scale built or released more tension. I cant find it for the life of me any more. Does anyone know what site it is on?

Buy it if you are really into Vai's playing and want to connect melodic ideas like he does. There are probably similar sources for music theory learning for free online. Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" is worth the price tag for the chapter on Chord/Scales alone.

Having some trouble with pinch harmonics, any advice for doing them well?

nice try zakk

Practice batural harmonics first to get a feel and sensitivity for it and then do pinch harmonics with your thumbs edge.

Looking at semi-hollows. How do gretsch pickups compare to regular humbuckers or p90's?

GUITAR IS GAYING YOU TURN

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif (512x512, 716K)

I accidentally snapped a string on my guitar, and am really inept when it comes to repairing even the simplest of things. If I take my guitar into a shop and ask them to restring it for me will they laugh at me?

No, but it's literally the easiest fucking thing on the earth to do. If you can't figure out how to restring a guitar, I don't know how you expect to be any good at guitar playing. You should also be changing your strings once every couple months, give or take depending on how often you play.

FRODAY FRIDAY GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY

Guitar players who can't change their own strings or perform setups should just hang it up. Sorry to say, bud.

they aren't hard to change, after you've done it once you'll think it was silly you even had to ask in the first place

only if they're too stubborn to learn how to i guess, if you're willing to learn it doesn't matter

My right nut hurts for no reason and it's hard to focus on practicing right now

just buy an mpk mini and get really good with the octave switch

>pic
cringe
practicing all the time totally ruins your gains and the "magic"
you need to be consistent with goals, but not be autistic about it
>proof
every single youtube guitarist, that cringes their way by """"shredding"""" in the most soulless way
ie: Chappers
his playing is the product of hours of cringe practice time, and playing guitar like you are doing pushups

take away: playing an instrument is not a sport
and if you play an instrument like that, you become soulless

woah lads

less practice = more good

it's all making sense now

no, that is not what I am saying
read my reply again, and stop using cause and effect for everything
playing an instrument is not a scientific experiment

No no, I've got it
Too much practice = autistic and cringe
Just the right amount of practice = true soul

What is the magic practice limit?

agree, i also think it kinda produces a bad mentality in some cases. to me being a good musician isn't about how fast you can play something, it's about how well you can convey some sort of emotion with sound. but that's just my 2c

well in some cases yeah actually, when you get an rsi from practicing too much and have to take an extensive break from playing your instrument that can kinda get in the way of your progress, and also quality practice > quantity of practice. an hour of working on scales is different from, say, an hour of playing something simple you already know pretty well just to focus on tiny minute details nobody will care about. i feel like if you just spent an entire day "practicing" you can easily develop bad habits

well, in a way many people take shelter in practicing the same stuff again and again
and stop making progress because of that
and by this I don't mean playing faster or flashy, but in being better musicians, finding their own "vocabulary", playing different styles... and all around having fun

even in the world of sports they are introducing periodization to avoid the practicing "grind" and injuries... like every 4 months, switching things up is a good way to do it

What have you learned about bass playing this week,fellow bass players?
Y-youre there right?

Attached: +jn.png (2000x2000, 1.22M)

>agree, i also think it kinda produces a bad mentality in some cases. to me being a good musician isn't about how fast you can play something, it's about how well you can convey some sort of emotion with sound. but that's just my 2c
i totally agree, and I guess it is a difficult concept to grasp for people caught up in the flashy player culture of youtube

Just don't practice when you're burnt out. It's much more efficient to pace yourself and practice when you can really get into the music

It goes both ways though. And I find the guys who can do the sanic speed runs also have pretty good phrasing and vibrato etc a lot more often then the "muh soul" players can do flashy runs but choose not to

i cant guess it

uhhh i've only been playing it for a few weeks now but i've just been trying to work on scales and improve my speed/precision pretty much. nobody told me how physically demanding it is compared to guitar though christ, maybe i'm just weak but trying to do quick scales without tensing up too much is difficult

I learned I am to the point to get a teacher. Playing for 6 years now and there are still tecniques i can't master at all like double-thumb and proper slapping.

Start learning novel chords and scales. Listen to music outside your chosen genres.

Chappers is sloppy as shit, he needs to practice more.

true, can confirm, happened to me.
how to get my soul back?

what if i'm always burnt out from my job

play shit that you like
throw yourself into a different genre
get yourself another instrument, like a uke, a piano... or something like that, to remember how to go back to basics
and the best one, at least for me, stop playing for a while
like 2 months
this is just a personal preference, ofc
when you go back, you feel kind of rusty, but you are in shape again in a couple days

i bought a harmonica but cant be bothered to play or learn it

Swap it for a plastic nut

is the guitar solo too quiet and the voice too loud instaud.io/3ouB
instaud.io/3ouB

sounds good
what sounds low to me is the leads in the verse

right thanks

Say something nice about my baby

Attached: 20190306_071414-1.jpg (1677x2981, 2.05M)

Good headstock design,

>practiced a fast riff yesterday
>wrist hurts like shit today
FUCK
Why did I have to be such a wristlet

Attached: 1497177940799.jpg (480x480, 13K)

Holy fuck that is beautiful

>pickguard on the headstock

Attached: 701.jpg (400x562, 28K)

Because it looks sexy

Autism

That guitar is definitely on the spectrum.

Attached: ormsby-dines-djent-2018-custom-guitar-8.jpg (616x347, 64K)

In a similar situation myself, need to break myself up some bad habits, especially how messy I am when making and strumming chords.

Help me

Thoughts?

Attached: ibanez.png (1272x870, 248K)

What's the purpose of having a hollow body on an electric guitar?

Thick, juicy, buttery tone

But the tone comes from the magnetic vibrations of the strings. What does the body being hollow have to do with tone?

so now that the dust has settled, what do we think of the player series?

Attached: Fender Player Series Tele.jpg (727x400, 111K)

Not sure but listen to Clefts of Dover. It was recorded on hollow body

Just took a shit before i showered. I showered and now i need to take another shit. Great.

Tele is the worst body shape ever

The body of the guitar absorbs vibration from the strings.

Strings are connected to body.
A hollow body resonates differently than a solid body.
Body vibration interacts with strings.
Hence, the way the strings vibrate is different on a hollow body.
Literally everything on a guitar affects the way it resonates, and thus the tone. Some things make an imperceptible difference, but it's a difference nonetheless.

Attached: Baby+with+an+incomplete+bilateral+cleft+lip.jpg (1428x1067, 166K)

Then that would be a matter of sustain, not tone. Are you saying the benefit of hollow body electrics is greater sustain?

You sound like someone who has no idea what they're talking about.

Except he's correct while you are a massive homosex

Yet that would be you

It's just logical thinking. Two connected things that reverberate will interact with each other. That's just physics. If you change the properties of one of the things, it will have an effect on the other thing as well.
Like the whole tone wood discussion. Yeah it definitely makes a difference, but if you can hear that difference is debatable. But a hollow body makes a significant enough difference to be perceptible in what is picked up by the pickups.

Cant tell if retarded or just retarded bait.

The points are very vague and have no real objective explanations. Only people who know very little about a subject but think they're knowledged speak entirely in epithets.

>expecting to be spoonfed detailed physics lessons in /gg/

homosex

>If you change the properties of one of the things, it will have an effect on the other thing as well.
>That's just physics
Sounds like you're a very learned individual.

Does it make any difference in the correctness of my post if I don't know the exact details of the physics behind it?

Yes, because your views are based on ignorant conjecture, which is of no use to anyone.

Prove me wrong.

My question about hollow bodies wasn't rhetorical. I was looking for insight from someone who wasn't a highly opinionated ignoramus.

Some people try to dig in with their thumb after picking the string. The correct way is to have a bit of flesh touch the string right as you strike. It should all be done in a single stroke.
Try striking different parts along the string (e.g. closer to the fretboard, closer to the bridge, right in the middle, etc.)
Use your bridge pickup.
Using distortion is not a replacement for good technique, but it does make those harmonics more audible.
Good luck.

Actually it can affect timbre, too, since different substances absorb more of some frequencies than others. Mahogany absorbs a lot of high frequencies, leaving your remaining sound darker.

can i make shoegaze with just a bass guitar and a shitty casio keyboard?

no

discuss

Attached: ktr.jpg (1300x982, 150K)

Bill's a douchebag.

Good design, flawless marketing. The text on the front is entertainingly untrue.

I will once I know what this is all about, anyone care to explain?

Pretty good, after Fender sent me new bridge saddles because of the restringing issue.

>limited production run ie total backstock
>goops his circuit
>muh indie handpainted chassis
>GUYS THE HYPE ISN'T MY FAULT LOL
No. Google's got you.

When did you buy it? If you buy a new one now, are they still fucked or have they fixed them?

Do I need a 5 string bass

Just like the standard series. Bretty guid

B-But justin said i shouldn't overdo it!

July last year. It's updated on the Fender website. They went from bent steel to block steel saddles. But it's possible that shops still have old ones. Fender support will send you the new in that case.

Thanks.

that dark maple + blue is never a mistake

This is bullshit, SMD components on their boards are almost certainly more reliable and tour-ready. Furthermore, if the components were replaced correctly or if the circuit was redesigned accordingly there shouldn't be any problems. Why are guitarists so damn retarded?

Why are these gay-ass boxes so overhyped?

Attached: cc.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Get a Charvel instead and save 2 grand

>$350 on an reissued overdrive (!) that goes for over $2000
fuck everyone that owns either of them

How is this for guitar recording/playing with headphones? It has a built-in USB audio interface and the same DSP from G3x, which was breddy good. I don't know why Zoom decided to remove the audio interface from the newer multi-effects.

Attached: zoom g2nu.jpg (869x1158, 234K)

Also, now that Cort isn't the cheap but good for what it is brand it used to be, what brand has taken its place? I wanted to get a semi-hollow Sunset but it only comes with the awful bigsby clone bridge.

I'm also interested in pic related but 1) it's expensive 2) bridge is not adjustable. Are there replacement bridges that I can get from aliexpress and put in its place?

Attached: prs-se-custom-semi-hollow-vintage-natural-338019.jpg (1200x440, 46K)

eh, just practice things you want to hear in your playing regularly until its easy for you I think
I like wide intervals and string skips so I practiced that like for an hour three days a week and noodle and relax the rest of the time
you dont have to kill urself with the amount of practice, just have a regular amount of time you do it or you wont really gain much

Korean made dean. Im not meming but you probably wont believe me

Which one? They look all so goofy

>replacement bridges that I can get from aliexpress
Don't do this

Why not? The original is made in China already. If this kind of bridge is actually good I'll bite the bullet and get this PRS SE. The only issue is the finish being so ugly. They should go with a satin finish like on some budget guitars.

Attached: lg_CMSHVS 2.jpg (700x445, 60K)

Made in china and made in china can be wildly different things.
Aliexpress stuff has zero quality control. Or rather, it often seems they go out of their way to send you the crappiest quality stuff possible.

my kp2 has patches for space echo and echoplex
is there a point to owning this?

Attached: boon.jpg (702x470, 36K)

The original parts also have problems with corrosion and the plating wearing off. If I could buy straight from china I could order 2 replacement sets and use them for 20 years.

Attached: StopTail-5.jpg (3072x2304, 3.84M)

No, it's always good to get rid of stuff and carry less weight

Or just buy a good one and use it forever

is buttercream gay?

Attached: imgrc0070011004.jpg (1500x1005, 1.28M)

this stuff is never leaving my bedroom, i'm not playing shows or w/e.
fake tape echo patches on the kaosspad are good but have their limitations with respect to recording DI.

No

Attached: 8EEB8108-BC30-4F2F-B02C-984F45446FE8.jpg (3048x3945, 1.01M)

no it's pretty cool desu

Why not get the newer korean made PRS semi hollow? Pretty sure that one even comes with a tremelo too.

I'm not going to live forever

I don't want a tremolo, that shit belongs in the 60's. The reason is this kind of bridge. What happens when the grooves wear down? No way to fix it without replacing the entire thing

Attached: s2-singlecut-bridge.jpg (630x374, 43K)

>Is old cum color gay?

Do you realize how long it'll take to wear the bridge down?

I'll sum it all the way up.

In the guitar world you don't "make it" by getting good, playing shows, or making music, you "make it" by selling that "dream" to stupid buttfucks who have no chance whatsoever of achieving that.

Did you receive your Sweetwater catalog this quarter? Ok, now did you receive any kind of catalog for buying music or going to see music live? No? Funny how that works, isn't it?

The whole Klon situation just gets to the people who've long since realize they've been had and they resent the game being played at that level because of the amount of money involved (i.e. money they don't have to spend). They all turned 30 and realized they were't ever going to be rock stars like the ad in the magazine said and they resent it and anybody still shilling the "dream". In a sense they think of themselves as crusaders on the "good" side but the reality is once someone with even an ounce of intelligence realizes the whole game is rigged they walk away and consider it a leaning experience. But not the Klon detractors, they think if they stand there and cry loud enough about it that the pitch of "the dream" will somehow lose it's luster and the "evil villains" who sold them on it will be vanquished.

Long story short: they were retards then, they're still retards now, and they'll always be retards until the end of time. And the "dream" will never die.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (242x300, 17K)

not at all
and if you throw in some stickers you get massive cred

Attached: cryingCat.jpg (540x545, 27K)

>But not the Klon detractors, they think if they stand there and cry loud enough about it that the pitch of "the dream" will somehow lose it's luster and the "evil villains" who sold them on it will be vanquished.
This is wrong though. People with dispensable income sufficient to blow hundreds or thousands of dollars on an above average "transparent" overdrive never regret it.
The ~legend~ of the Klon Centaur is a lesson in phenomenology.
None of these people are better players for however much they spent, but they *think* they are and that's all that really matters for anything. It's impossible to sell people on the rockstar dream when there are no rockstars anymore.

Attached: chrome_HpNCQ0aTGh.png (1021x797, 84K)

Attached: mt.jpg (639x595, 76K)

It doesn't take a lot of wear for things to start sounding awful, with mysterious rattling and buzzing sounds

You can rage against the game all you want, just understand your whining dosen't change the reality because nobody really cares what losers think about anything. I didn't even bother to finish reading you post for example.
Don't cry. Just open a musical instrument store that also sells online and you're golden.

Attached: music-store-1024x682.jpg (1024x682, 213K)

>klon

Is Klon this thing? Doesn't look like a bad product. I once had a project of a DIY-pedal kit where you could put different diodes and shit in the feed back loop for the op-amps but I gave up because people in general SUCK at soldering and blame you and not their 2$ 15 watt soldering iron when it doesn't work. I want to revisit that idea with a practice amp but it will come 100% pre-soldered, the only diy-part will be building the enclosure and etc. Shit like this already exists but not really for guitar.

Attached: klon.png (597x517, 584K)

gonna get absolutely fried tonight and play around on my new looper for 4 hours, thoughts?

This is a well designed board but no way in hell it's worth 350$

Attached: KlonKTRGuts_zps8ffdff6f.jpg (1024x576, 271K)

>I didn't even bother to finish reading you post for example.
>t. boomer retard
Nobody is spending $2.2k on a Horsie thinking it will make them the next Nels Cline. Rockstars are a folktale in 2019. Ancient relics of days come and gone. Rock music is mostly dead.

>t.
Hilarious.

It's like the /r/guitarcirclejerk meme about spending $10,000 on gear and never playing outside of your room.

$250 for a sg 400 with upgraded pickups/bridge/coil tap toggles worth it?

>spending $10,000 on gear and never playing outside of your room
you're pretending this dosen't happen?

>trust fund retards get memed to death by an asshole with a breadboard
>20+ years later
>still getting memed
>joker tier boomer dumbfuck thinks he's slick
dude we live in a society where ppl buy stupid crap omggg
how much is too much to have invested in gear if you're not playing shows ( lol )? i don't have any other hobbies

Depends what year SG. Anything from this decade will be a fucking nightmare and worth less than nothing to you. Anything older is a pretty great deal.

it’s 2008, is that safe?

>trust fund retards get memed to death by an asshole with a breadboard

Wait, what is this Klon about? I'm out of the loop

No it happens all the time and it makes me sad.

Play it first. QC is spotty with Epiphones.

Not too bad but you could get a much better Gibson ripoff in international markets for around the same price. Epiphone is by and large a dead end but of course this

He's upset because he spent so much $$$$$ on gear and it didn't get him where he thought it should. See my explanation of these sad losers thought process here .

Attached: 1534061917166.jpg (2252x2253, 815K)

Timmys are better than Klons anyways. Klons aren't completely tone-transparent; Timmys are.

i've never owned a klon, retard. sounds like you're projecting again.

le neural pathways only applies to perfect pitch and language, there's no evidence that there's a critical period for learning to play an instrument, just evidence that it requires high dexterity and visual-spatial intelligence

A full setup beyond the truss rod and intonation requires too much patience and too many specialized tools for many people

>filing the nut
>setting action height between nut and bridge
>string radiusing - hardest on brand new gibson bridges since you have to cut slots yourself, also hard on fender bridge that adjust height with two screws per saddle
>level crown and polish frets
>pickup height and pickup pole height - requires an ear that you won't have for years

i'm here.. i'm brand new like the other user but i'm trying to just focus on my fingerwork for now

practice before work

>no time!!

wake up/sleep earlier

Also, Klons rely on temperature-sensitive germanium. Timmys are not temperature-sensitive.

Picked this up at the weekend. Always been a Fender guy until now.

Attached: received_2260166044306785.jpg (3024x4032, 996K)

No, that's not a Klon. It's some garbage some shrewd chink threw into a box to sell to the stupids on eBay.
Of course you didn't, because you couldn't afford one. Hence this stream of your pathetic tears.

>It's some garbage some shrewd chink threw into a box to sell to the stupids on eBay.
Isn't that what the klon itself is?

Attached: KlonCentaurCircuit2.jpg (1000x750, 260K)

what is that

im newfag

See It could be said that the modern 'boutique' pedal industry was propeled by its sheer meme power.
>because you couldn't afford one
>concedes to projecting
Congrats, you're a fucking idiot. How much did you spend lol?

Attached: xd.jpg (900x840, 112K)

>that control placement
you had one job prs

Shredding is just Chapper’s style. I hope you realize he’s a professional musician in a band. He can hold a rhythm really well and everything. But his personality just comes across that way. “I wanna play cool shit” exudes from him in his youtube videos. Nothing wrong with that. Because i’ll be damned...he can play cool ass shit

>Klons rely on temperature-sensitive germanium
Here's a little secret for you: every single diode is temperature-sensitive

Attached: 37812371_10214567051642303_1008238414480277504_n.jpg (341x512, 53K)

Do you guys stretch your hands before you play?

>Buy klon
>copy circuit 1:1
>post materials cost
>compare results
>they sound the same
>laugh when you realize the box as a whole costs $70 and the guy hiked the price up so he could make a massive profit

I can hardly play at all I just noodle aimlessly until something cool happens.

Just warm up with some scales or something for a minute or two. Three note per string can help stretch if you need to work on that.

OK. Thanks for that irrelevant piece of information.
Temperature does not cause the sound of every pedal component to audibly change, but it can cause the sound of germanium diodes to audibly change.

I don't own a Klon and never have, I'm just explaining the neuroses concerning the phenomenon surrounding the pedal which is perfectly on display in your posts about this.

Of course. I take some things from here.
youtube.com/watch?v=wt4aQQJDJPg

Only for a couple of minutes, but it's good to stretch them a bit.

>copy circuit 1:1
>they sound the same
Wow. How unexpected.
Anyways, you can probably buy that Caline Klone for less than you can build one for.

I didn't think this would work today but it seems like I was wrong. On the other hand, people have been doing the opposite, i.e: cramming an ARM core inside a little box and selling it as an open-source amp sim.

Attached: 13419331_800.jpg (625x600, 42K)

Anyone who’s in it to “be a rockstar” and not for the love of music itself is destined to fail.

>turn down the AC, my pedal isn't sounding like it should

People in the electronics industry pay a premium for precision components or for temperature compensation schemes, what is this stupid shit about?

I stretch when I finish. I do warmups before I play.

>what is this stupid shit about?
Stupid people get a hard-on over germanium because it's "vintage," even though it's antiquated technology which was replaced by silicon whose sound will generally not change with temperature.

I'm saying that your conjecture makes no sense, it's impossible for poorfags to blow money in over their heads on dumb shit like a Klon. Kids aren't dreaming of being rockstars because there are no rockstars. Calling a spade a spade isn't cope.
You sound like a baby. Do you think anyone making it as a fulltime musician is in it because they love music?

>because there are no rockstars
WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MAMA

the point is to illustrate that these fags charge you for a snake oil called "tone" that can only come from the manual labor of their cohort of tone elves, which only live in countries that are not named korea or japan and only exist in small amounts in mexico.

it sort of makes sense with the hard parts of guitars but when it comes to the electronics it becomes straight snake oil and you get shit like gibson selling 5 cent capacitors for $100 because they put vintage paper wrapping on them, and the klon centaur, which is a cheap circuit that could easily be mass produced and sound the exact same while being more consistent from pedal to pedal, that is being hand-soldered by a tone elf and sold for ten times their actual value. the guy is playing you, screwing to make a massive profit. you are blowing your money on nothing if you buy his shit.

so if you do buy it, be a robin hood and tell us exactly how to build our own. but do it on tor so you don't get sued.

Irrelevant, my point was the musical instrument industry wins no matter what happens after the purchase.
>dumb shit like a Klon
Explain why it's "dumb shit"?

Everybody stop and watch how he replies.

You're not wrong. Always nice to find people in the audio/music worlds who see through the massive amounts of snake oil sales in these fields. Y'all are too rare, and placebo-suffering retards are too common.

>these fags charge
See >they resent the game being played at that level because of the amount of money involved (i.e. money they don't have to spend)

>that sweet rockist cope
Hip hop is the new rock and roll. Young kids want to be like Lil Pump and XXXtenderloin.
Who in rock music do you think is relevant to such a degree that young people dream of becoming?
It sounds like shit. What are you looking for here? How old are you btw?

I think some of you need to calm down and buy Gibson Tone Polish.

Guitar pedals in general are overpriced. Low supply high demand? It's half a century old technology with the engineering brilliance and raw materials cost of an alarm clock from walmart and you mean to say they aren't churning them out by the dozen in some asian country?

Established models made by large companies should cost twenty bucks. They have no excuse. A tube screamer is still $100.

Ah, the classic YER POOR THATS WHY YER MAD argument. Except I have $2-3k of disposable income each month after investing a lot of it, and rarely spend all of it so over half ends up in investments anyways. Such is life in the middle of the income range when you have no family and live in a small house.

I'm mad because I am literally a fucking jew and I don't like goyim hiking up the price of their shit with snake oil. If they were honest people they would just offer financing plans with high interest rates.

>because there are no rockstars
WE'RE STOPPIN' AT THE GREEN LIGHT GIRL
BECAUSE I WANT TO GET YOUR SIGNAL

>It sounds like shit.
How would you know? You've already admitted you don't own one, right?

>Established models made by large companies should cost twenty bucks.
And they do! Yay, Chinaclones.

>backpedaling
OH NO NO NO
I've been to shows of people that have them and they don't sound good. How old are you?

fun pedal fact

you can change a ts9 to be identical a ts808, which costs $80 more, with $2 worth of resistors

Attached: huhehehe.png (200x165, 34K)

>irrationally upset about the way other people choose to spend their money
Sounds like a form of psychosis or some sort of mental impairment, doesn't it?
>making up stories to evade losing an argument
Case in point.

>I've been to shows of people that have them and they don't sound good.
A Klon is an almost transparent overdrive pedal. If it sounds bad, the amp is improperly configured. It's the amp that sounded bad.

>>>making up stories to evade losing an argument
The delicious cope holy fuck. Sorry you wasted your money, user.
Very possible, of course. Overdrive is not all that interesting to me to begin with.

Name one ( 1 ) of these fags without googling their names.

Attached: huh.jpg (1224x816, 416K)

I know it's preference but just out of curiosity for you bass lads out there

When you play the G string, do you mute with your thumb on A string, laying lightly on E? Or do you do ring finger on A, thumb on E? Or another method?

I'm trying to get comfortable with the ring finger on A. It seems a little less intuitive than moving your whole thumb at first but I think I prefer the feel when I do it okay. Less movement, but also an extra finger gets more involved. I'm sure it won't be an issue when I get better though.

Attached: 1387620547859.jpg (419x304, 20K)

>Overdrive is not all that interesting to me to begin with.
It's not really supposed to be interesting. It's simply the absolute fundamental backbone of the guitar tones of multiple genres/subgenres.

No, Bill's not Chinese.
I already told you I've never owned a Klon, why are you trying to evade the argument?

>Being upset about dishonest goys screwing people by lying to them about the value of things

Let me lay it out in greentext
>goyim salesman:
>buy my guitar pedal
>it has tone magic, it was soldered by tone elves
>tons of tone
>tone tone tone tone
>it has vintage tone from vintage parts that really raise the price and not just by $5
>can't beat this tone
>*youtube video where it sounds different but not superior to any other overdrive pedal*
>it costs $300

>if the klon were made by someone with a soul, and therefore morals:
>yeah bud, it's $70 worth of shit counting the metal box
>but you see i only made ten of them
>that's why they're $150
>i have to turn a profit okay
>but don't worry, i offer financing, 0 down, 0% APR for the first month and then 20% after that
>this is some high end shit that everyone should own, that's my marketing line for the day

When I use overdrive as a lead guitarist I'm not using it to sound more interesting, I'm using it for a more sustaining, horn-like quality to my solos, since my musical personality is much more like a saxophonist than a jazz guitarist.
Overdrive isn't an ornamental, "that sounds cool" type of soundscaping effect, it's much more practical and functional.

we call it poorfa/gg/ syndrome round these parts see

Attached: waaaaah.jpg (533x640, 82K)

a mix of both. muting is one of those things that varies so much depending on what is being played and then on the actual person/hand/fingers. practice and find the most comfortable method that works for you.

Attached: 1551119877359.jpg (480x621, 26K)

Overpaying for snake oil is how you poorfags stay poor.

I've seen your dingy apartments.

>Overpaying for snake oil is how you poorfags stay poor.
>I've seen your dingy apartments.

Attached: 20673139-A-sad-five-year-old-child-sitting-next-to-his-bed-with-holding-a-pillow-and-crying-Stock-Ph (1300x866, 97K)

>rich people stay rich by making intelligent purchasing decisions
Absolutely correct.

Whatever I don't care. It's boring. Waste of real estate. Much prefer a fuzz tone.
This notion that it's impossible to contradict the unilateral praise of such a boring effect is further evidence of its marketing, although you're significant less pathetic than this fucking guy I agree, so why over-complicate with some meme bullshit like a Klon? My Flying Tomato is perfect, stacked with some Philosopher's Tone is godlike.
This discussion is pointless.
>t. walletfag

very cool finish

clear?

Any fingerstyle guitarists here have experience with acrylic nails? I avoided them for so long but I wanna try them so I don't have to do real nail maintenance anymore

saved XD

You don't go from zero to something by being born into it, and you don't do it by being a business wizard. Someone has to do it for you to be born into it, and you need investment capital to be an entrepreneur. You do it by not wasting your money until you have enough money to make even more of it.

>so why over-complicate with some meme bullshit like a Klon?
I think the main draw of a Klon is its transparency, but this is pretty silly since it's only almost transparent and a Timmy is actually transparent.
tl;dr: Just use a Timmy or a Timmy clone.

>the thirdworld shitskins in /gg/ are LARPing as first worlders with money again
>in this episode they're hallucinating about klon pedals due to lack of food

Attached: pokmon-lol-so rich.gif (498x372, 215K)

ye the wood looks cool

>i have enough money lol i can afford to waste it

this is what killed the white middle class

>it's only almost transparent and a Timmy is actually transparent.
fucking this

I should also point out that a transparent overdrive does the opposite of over-complicating a rig. It simplifies it. It's so much simpler to get the tone you want when your pedals preserve the natural tone of your amp. Every time you add a pedal to the chain that alters tone, it makes achieving your desired tone more complicated.

not them but pic related, you in a nutshell

Attached: Sour+grapes.png (1000x1020, 1.53M)

>it's impossible for poorfags to blow money in over their heads on dumb shit like a Klon
It is, they'll save for months and blow it all on a pedal when a digital unit is better for several reasons

Attached: G1FOUR-large.jpg (620x750, 53K)

I guess when you're a neckbearded pedophile and probable (bottom) homosexual who spends 10 hours a day on Yea Forums, you have to have something to feel superior to other people about.

That's where you get mcdonalds employees spending their monthly wages on gucci guitar pedals from.

>mom pays the bills so i can afford it
>get a job poorfag

Wow, I haven't seen tryharding like this in a while. Impressive.

Attached: 1532888602690.jpg (504x480, 55K)

t. Klon representative

Are you daft, son? I'm pretty clearly the guy saying use a Timmy instead.

>No, Bill's not Chinese.
Where do you think his components come from?

I genuinely SINCERELY don't understand this. I do not like the Klon Centaur, that means that secretly I want one?
Is this the same mentality by which people say that homophobes are all faggots?
No, more lies. Poorfags are poor because they don't know how to save and spend everything on stupid shit a la

My classical playing friend uses "kiss nails" they work well for him. He takes them off after a couple of days though so the glue doesn't stay on his real nail too long.

i know such a guy irl, but he's /k/. he has thousands of bucks worth of "battle proven" ar15 accessories but he works in a factory and lives with his parents.

i have a vortex scope on a cheaper AR15 and he keeps telling me it's going to break when "ess eich tee eff" and get me killed because it isn't battle proven by duh mareens. i threw it down the range once to prove him wrong and it still worked fine. he went off saying real battle put more stress on a rifle and i would die if i took it to falupa or wherever.

for reference i make twice as much as he does, and he has no retirement savings at all while 60-70% of my salary goes into various IRAs and crypto (and then out of crypto as soon as there's been some gain).

>pedal flexing
Leave this place and have sex with a woman.

Hey can somebody help me figure out what the bass is playing on swans - stay here? I cant tell whether its D E or something else

>t. table slappingly entertaining poorfa/gg/ who doesn't have any money and never will but still insists on LARPing like he does

good shit lad keep it coming lol i'm shitposting from my second yacht as we speak

Attached: B7D2PA.jpg (800x532, 342K)

r8 my boutique guitar overdrive. It's made of paper-phenolic copper clad laminate with special tone enhancing varnish and hand selected vintage axial components.

Attached: IMG_20190308_152530.jpg (4160x3120, 1.4M)

>No, more lies. Poorfags are poor because they don't know how to save and spend everything on stupid shit a la
I think they prefer to blow out every single penny they come across to because that way other people can't take it away from them. This is my mom's reasoning.

Remember if it wasn't $2k+ you're poorfag, so says a man that saves pictures of men on boats on his computer

what does /gg/ think of fender player strats? played one the other day and thought it was nice

It cost like $5 to me but since I made it it costs $20k. There's a single one of it in the world.

wow is that labeled with tone marker? i heard that color of ink really increases sustain. really warm tone that cuts through the mix. very amp like they say.

>roman: klon pedal

Attached: 0.jpg (852x480, 26K)

>Do you think anyone making it as a fulltime musician is in it because they love music?
.....yes? What are you fucking dense?

Unless you're an industry plant, you got really lucky, or you're just an indifferent prodigy, ya it's a safe fucking bet that if you're a professional musician you put in a lot of time and care into your work because you enjoy it.

Is Ed Roman still alive?

>roman: lol and you're poor

Attached: 6.jpg (852x480, 23K)

Beginner here

What impacts the sustain of a note? I can't get my notes sounding out properly without turning up the gain, and then that muddles up the sound way too much, might be because of my amp though.
And also, how do you get note changes to sound "fluid"? Is it just practice and timing or am I missing something? Right now if I play a string but have to change to a different fret it sound hacky and disjointed. Should I be laying down the next finger ahead of time so the next note becomes a pull-off in a sense?

Stupid questions I know, but I'm just wondering. Trying to play a specific song but it sounds like absolute ass because no flow and my notes don't really ring out.

What constitutes 'making it' to you? What's an example of a person making it?

playing in divebars for 20 dollars a night while dying of alcoholism in your 40s.

>roman: you guys like what i've done with the place?

Attached: fire_fighter_video_overlay.jpg (750x422, 110K)

ok then we're on the same page

Accurate representation of this thread.
I say we create another one

You have to be eighteen or older to post here.

Imagine loading up on gimmicky effects pedals to try and mask your mediocre playing. The absolute state of skillets.

Attached: steve-howe-apjpg-f8b0f9c28172da26.jpg (532x496, 92K)

plus i know he looks like this when he does it which makes me laugh even harder

Attached: 242342432.jpg (558x419, 29K)

Imagine measuring guitar artistry only by pure mechanical skill at guitar.
The absolute state of brainlets

>electric guitar
>artistry
kek

you only need one pedal

Attached: 151258000000000-00-500x500.jpg (500x500, 52K)

Klon Centaur? Yeah but not the new faggot ones, those are worthless

Technical proficiency is a dead end if it isn't meaningfully applied. There are very few examples of pure competency driving unique composition.
I agree with this post.

try again sweaty

Attached: 1993-boss-hyper-fuzz-fz-2-grey-1-yms6hLd.jpg (281x500, 27K)

>poorfag can't afford two ktr's and two horsies's for both channels of his stereo true bypass chain
LMAO, THE SWEET COPE

wow it sounds like every other fuzz pedal but it costs four times as much

Who is this?

he's /gg/

try again sweat

Attached: hm_2.jpg (630x630, 55K)

The octave function makes it a tiny bit cooler, especially compared to other octave fuzzes that are mostly dogshit.

>technical proficiency is a dead end if it isn't meaningfully applied
of course, part of the reason electric guitar became such a cess pit in the first place is because of muh shredder chops meme

>he doesn't know

Attached: TightMetal-Pro-Top-Web.png (800x772, 837K)

>empty_wallet_37.exe

Attached: 2bd.jpg (600x614, 36K)

But is it really worth it

youtube.com/watch?v=lEmhw8IK9O0&t=150

Did people like those back in the day?

Attached: maxresdefault (18).jpg (1280x720, 137K)

I guess it's more a scarcity thing with the FZ-2, but how cucked do you have to be to think the insane margins by which pedals are manufactured is a good thing?

>Digitech
You answered your own question.

;__;7

/thread

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: autism.jpg (1600x1600, 1.48M)

Only if you want to shoot pure satanic drug magic directly out of your amplifier

Attached: FB_IMG_1517958562634.jpg (480x640, 50K)

>literally called DAMAGE CONTROL
>goes under and forced to change their name
damn . . .

Theres many discontinued ones also look at japanese and czech made dean.

Damn...

why are guitar pedals so fucking expensive? is there any way of getting cheap ones?

Attached: Y O U A R E !.jpg (749x766, 137K)

See for a $200 pedal compared to a $24 pedal

Hype is expensive. Caps, diodes, and resistors aren't, not even when they cost twice as much because they use vintage tone materials harvested from the tone mines.

>tfw I can switch between A, D, and E pretty quickly now
when do I get my calluses?

Attached: 1537034092912.gif (360x560, 460K)

>is there any way of getting cheap ones?
The fuck does that mean? Behringer, Joyo, and Donner got you covered. Otherwise just buy used like the rest of us.

buy used or use a DI if you wanna save money

>tfw you go back in time and mine copper wire in 1970 so it has better tone than copper wire mined in 2019

how much can i sell this stuff to guitarists for lads?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)

CRAWLINGGG IN MY SKINNN

Attached: chrome_qihSjIr81I.png (1106x493, 749K)

PLEASE, NO
NO NO NO NO

Attached: chrome_QOL14uNsCC.png (1107x914, 961K)

imagine letting r get to you like this

Attached: 90de7ca01997483eeb9f63d8acd952ce.jpg (500x492, 26K)

>$800+ vintage pedal
>free shipping
wow bros thx so much
?

yeah, your car's throttle pedal to skedaddle the fuck outta this cancerous thread

>t. poorfag

I drive a GT86, so that's going to take a while.

NEW THREAD

Hell yeah stay hydrated

Its called spalted maple you fucking retard. Its rotten wood