Jesus fucking christ

Jesus fucking christ

Attached: xspvcdefrrk21.jpg (1242x2208, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mzvk0fWtCs0
youtube.com/watch?v=proSI9Cyvjg
youtube.com/watch?v=J0UMENa_IAg
youtube.com/watch?v=W0Uhr5r6sUM
youtube.com/watch?v=I_SOAdAxFfo
youtube.com/watch?v=HXLsMszmQpA
youtube.com/watch?v=6S_A0T1NHpo&list=UL8k7YBGg7rjo&index=158
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bruh look at this dood

Attached: 9043.jpg (499x499, 55K)

Imagine if they invited harry belafonte and elvis to the original woodstock, that's what this is like

Not any worse than the original Woodstock.

This makes the last Coachella look amazing

better than the boomer shit lineups from previous woodstocks. this actually looks fun

Who the hell are Dead & Company?

This is boomer shit though

the grateful dead

some grateful dead cover band bullshit

which is ironic because nobody even liked the grateful dead's music anyway. not even the fans owned their albums. who can even name some of their songs?

I mean, I wasn't expecting something good, but I did not expect there to be no good acts worth seeing on that lineup.
Live band consisting of former members of Grateful Dead

dead is jerry garcia. company is rest of the band.

it's literally the grateful dead

Man fuck the Grateful Dead. Worst band ever.

Or Woodstock 94 or Woodstock 99

i don’t understand how every festival lineup in this day and age is without exception horrific trash

What's not to get? Nothing that is mainstream is good right now.

I concur

American festivals always seem so fucking weird. Land of the Instagram normies.

Attached: 20190308_002501.jpg (704x478, 180K)

But festivals didn't always go for what was mainstream

yes but why is every festival lineup just nothing but mainstream trash

>Robert Plant
>Gran Vetta Flett

Attached: 6CC58890-EFF1-42CF-ABC3-EC89E840C1DE.png (600x536, 253K)

>why do promoters want to maximise profit

gizzfest tho

yeah, when in the past they weren’t so profit oriented. sounds like a reasonable question to me.

>Robert Plant
more like Industry Plant aka the whole lineup lmao

Am I the only one who literally knows nothing about the grateful dead other than they're a band? literally never heard a single song by them nor have i met someone who likes them. and this is coming from has a decent knowledge of classic rock thanks to my dad playing only 1 station constantly as a kid

I know that they were basically a roaming pot dispensary in the 90s, and that several of today's weed strains can be traced back to grateful dead concert bagseed

Talentless crap shilled by music journalism. I blame the poptimist fags too

You're not missing anything. They're terrible.

A manager at a pizza place I worked at was a stereotypical dead head. Surprisingly sharp for a guy well into his 70s who smoked weed every day and took acid like crazy. He said it was like being in a cult that worshipped love.

Blame Hip hop and poptimism

they were never really popular, for the music anyway (which was terrible and worse live)
it was all about drugs

mainstream festivals have always been profit oriented

Well, the Dead were alway more about the scene than the music. Good thing because the music is ass.

definitely not to the extent that they are today or mainstream festivals would have been as bad 10, 20 years ago as they are today

>No Primus
Why even bother

Because they're only popular with the older stoner crowd. I've met one other guy who enjoyed a couple songs of their's but nothing else. It's a generational thing

I'll be keeping my money.

Only one I'm excited for is Sturgill.

They're not the worst thing ever. They do have a couple decent albums and songs, but people liked them more for drugs than anything else.

As cancerous as this lineup is, I appreciate that it's bound to piss off boomers who were expecting a full redo of the original.

Bro its pretty fucking bad
so bad they never even had real hit songs because even normies were put off by them

>"Dude it's the JAMS MAAAAANNNN!!!"

literally makes my ears bleed

> have a couple decent albums and songs
no they really don't

Really, The Dead just puts me to sleep. It's jandom noodling with no feeling or soul.

They really get too much credit for their shit music. They started off as a formless blob of an acid rock jam band and transitioned into being an uninspired The Band ripoff.

that would have been great

not to defend the dead but
>normies were put off by them
that's an objectively good sign

>so bad they never even had real hit songs
This is actually not true; they had one hit, Touch of Grey peaked at No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100.
>uses stoner meme to deride me when that was my main criticism of them and their fanbase
I respect your opinions because I agree that the majority of what they produced was shit, but I don't think all of it was shit.

Normally yes, but that's just how bad they were. Notice how no legitimate musicians were associated with them or fans of them or whatever
They were just a bunch of insular no-talent, no-influence junkie hacks

All these zoomers here shitting on the Dead fuck off and listen to your shitty “pysch” pop Tame Impala

Fuck off boomer bitch
nobody cared about your shitty band after 1967

>Touch of Grey peaked at No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100.

huh i've never even heard that song in my life. couldn't they just have had all 10,000 of thdir fans buy the single the week it came out so it would chart though? smells like gaming the system. top 10 hits aren't totally forgotten by the general public/collective consciousness unless the general public wasn't really the ones buying it.

>Hurrrr is not catchy so not good!
Literal brainlet

itt: Yea Forumsddit

>but I don't think all of it was shit.

Really? Name some """good""" music by them. I'll wait.

Oh god. This shit.

Yeah bro just playing the same chords for 20 minutes while i run through some pentatonic scale. Uh oh we're all so fucked up on heroin we're all in different keys and tempos. Must be a deep jam brooo

>Uh oh we're all so fucked up on heroin we're all in different keys and tempos
you say that like it's inherently bad

wow your dumb

what the hell is "touch of grey"

go back

t. reddit

Desert daze

Not liking Grateful Dead is the most reddit thing you can say

hahahaha no

if you say so reddit, shouldn’t you be busy complaining how you were born in le wrong generation now?

Terrapin Station, The Golden Road, and Shakedown Street.
>couldn't they just have had all 10,000 of their fans buy the single
I highly doubt they had just 10,000 fans. Stoners/hipsters have been a pretty common breed in society since theatrefags came into existence, and most of their core American audience was born during the post-WWII baby boom, which was a popular time for celebratory fucking.
Touch of Grey is this song: youtube.com/watch?v=mzvk0fWtCs0

Yeah never heard that song in my life

good video

pls be fake

What did one Deadhead say to the other Deadhead when the LSD wore off?
Dude. This band sucks.

based comment
anything with courtney barnett on the bill is a fucking huge sjw #metoo fantasy camp
uuuugh
i would rather neck myself than buy a ticket to this shity dross event

primary reason NOT to attend this year 2019 proto hippy bullshit

video is neat but song is pretty generic and not really catchy at all

fucking horrible

i hope they burn the stage, start brawling and steal all the vendors gear, smash the PA, etc
i mean it is woodstock right?
you gotta do it in the proper spirit of history

The sad thing is that Miley Cyrus is the only artist here who makes even remotely interesting music.

the person in charge of this should be fucking fired. i can't think of a less rockstar figure than jay-z in mainstream hip hop

Every Grateful Dead song ever:
>3 - 5 minutes long
>generic three or four chords with basic melody
>simple, but slightly off key, vocal harmonies on every chorus and coda
>something about trains/locomotives, trucks, cars driving long distances
>cocaine
>mention of specific types of flowers
>mention rivers or other body's of water
>allusions to 'tripping'
>using either generic Anglocized or antiquated Biblical ones as rhyme schemes
>random nonsense lyrics irrelevant to the rest of the song but 'DUDE SO TRIPPY LMAO'
>did I mention cocaine?

And don't forget their """amazing""" live shit.

>same as above except more out of key vocals, forgotten lyrics, and lots of wrong notes
>songs are extended from 3 minutes to 30 minute long "jams" where Jerry Gay-cia plays the same pentatonic scale over and over while the rest of the band repeats the same four chords
>all their songs flow into each other because they're basically the exact same shit musically
>add in some totally butchered covers of classic rock and country songs
>*4 hour drum solo while the rest of the band does heroin back stage*
>*4 hour ambient noodling while the drummer does heroin back stage*
>concert ends when Jerry Garcia finally goes into a coma
>meanwhile hippies out of their mind think this the greatest thing to ever happen to man

I think the imagine dragons fans will just blow each other

yeah it's shit

I like it when it appears out of nowhere like on shuffle or on a radio station, but it's not a song I'd ever willingly play on its own.
I'd be pissed if people didn't do that. Woodstock '99's crowd was one of the greatest batshit audiences you could have for a festival, and I'd kill to see another one of those.

Fist fight on stage. It has to happen. Plant would win against the whole band.

It's a horrible band. There's a cult around the band because of the drug and party scene that surrounded the band. It has nothing to do with the music which is absolutely terrible.

Yeah, I was unfamiliar with this until just now.
I don't genuinely understand how this song became a Top 10 hit. The verses suck and the main hook is so weak and all the different elements of the song sound sonically at odds with each other. Not even in that plastick-y 80s way, but just amateur. Like nothing meshes and everything sounds so poorly produced. Ugh, those cymbals crashes are horrid. The whole thing is just so repetitive, not even a guitar solo or a real proper bridge or anything. And whatever lyrics I could decipher from mumblemouth fat old man were either cliche (I will get by I will survive) or straight nonsense (the ABCs on your face or whatever the fuck or something cow and kerosene).

Yeah, crap really. Neat MV concept but nothing else

>festivals
>good
Prove me wrong
>hard mode: no ATP

>I don't genuinely understand how this song became a Top 10 hit
It's unironically because the Grateful Dead was a CIA psychological research project into group dynamics and psychedelics. That's why they were allowed to openly distribute drugs on a massive scale all over the US, including to minors, for years on end.

primavera sound

>Terrapin Station
Hmm... this is okay, but sounds like a watered down version/wannabe "Queen" bohemian rhaspody. Prog rockers invented the 17 minute rock song, these guys are just imitators at best.

>The Golden Road
This is just bad. Bland ass 60s garage rock with terrible production and mixing and out of key vocals.

>Shakedown Street.
Only decent one here. Sounds like a more Discoey and simplistic Steely Dan, but still pretty generic and uninteresting and honestly too plodding for its own good. I could have seen this being played in certain clubs in the 70s though?

I could easily see that as obviously people weren't into this for the music.

A quick google of album sales will show you that the Grateful Dead's entire discography over 30 years combined has still sold 10x less than Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA" alone. Their garbage music was NEVER the appeal.

Primus sucks

The "Grateful Dead" project is arguably a major influence on the mass degeneration of American society, culture, values, and civil liberties in the past 50 years.

They have always been more a of a brand, than a band and were the center of a bizarre cult following that revolved around the peddling of drugs, but there's more...

They were not a "rock group" because were not popular for their music; even their most popular album has only sold 2 million copies in the past 40 years. They were also not even real musicians, as you might note from the unmistakably poor nature and non-musical quality of their so-called "music" (which explains the remarkably poor sales figures for such a supposedly popular band).

The members themselves are secret employees of the military and other government agencies. No coincidence their parents were army men. The Grateful Dead project was a means of initiating a MKULTRA psyop used by the CIA and FBI (backed by the Democrat party) to push LSD-25 on to millions and reprogram their minds. This helped create a submissive and benign protest movement as well as subliminally creating a new generation of spineless Democrat voters. Further brainwashing used hidden messages in lyrics that would implant themselves deep in the subconscious of individuals when experienced in conjunction with LSD.

The project expanded in scope and by the 80s, they were pushed through mass media channels onto mainstream audiences in order to subvert a new generation of youth. Additionally, these concerts were the home of not just testing grounds for LSD and other mind control chemical weapons, but intentional government-funded open air drug markets that could then be raided in police drug busts. These busts were purposely highly publicized in the media and meant to be used as scare tactic for older conservative voters to support the expansion of the government's war on drugs (which was/is itself a psyop for further reduction of individual liberties.

Should be ZERO hip-hop and pop at this. Should be a mix of legacy acts who still have chops and modern bands and artists who fit the spirit, i.e. King Gizzard, Tame Impala, etc

Didn't expect to see this much hate for dead. American Beauty is a pretty nice album imo, box of rain, friend of the devil and ripple especially.

it's bland as fuck and the lyrics are cringe
the eagles and crosby still and nash did all that way better

Terrapin Station never really struck me as a wannabe Bohemian Rhapsody, more so as a jam band trying to write a prog song and kind of succeeding. I'm pretty sure there's a part two to it that was written but never recorded.

>legacy acts
you mean tribute bands or the real deal?

HAHAHAH WHAT A SHIT LINE UP

You have a source for that? Pretty bold claim that the Dead worked directly with CIA

i like anthem of the sun by the grateful dead

youtube.com/watch?v=proSI9Cyvjg
The Grateful Dead were the original "talentless hack shitty meme cover band"

all shit

Not that user but the whole LSD culture in the 60's was a product of the CIA. Timothy Leary and Richard Alpert (Ram Dass) were introduced to LSD through MK Ultra experiments they were doing for the CIA at Harvard.

Don't know about the Dead's connections to the CIA but they were obviously connected to Leary, Kesey, and all the other major figures of the LSD culture who were either directly working for the CIA or connected in some other way. Here's Bob Weir talking about performing at the Bohemian Grove
youtube.com/watch?v=J0UMENa_IAg

some lucky gym fitness trainer will make some good coin out this. dude is old, wheezy and fat

so like most edm acts today.
pill enhancement required

Fuck this shit. Boomer crap. We need zoomstock to rep our gen. Billie Eilish, Jumex, Marshmello, Denzel Curry, Lil Pump, Lil Peep and xXx holograms, 69 live from prison. Be lit AF. Would also like to see Ninja live streaming fortnite on a giant screen. Fuck that would be lit.

>making a le wrong generation joke
Reddit

Yes, actually just like it, the big festival EDM culture is also some kind of intelligence community project IMO.

Miley Cyrus makes generic pop and country rock garbage though, plenty of the artists up there are more interesting

That is really unbelievably bad

also, canned heat still exists?

and nobody would attend - disater
it would be watched only via webcast with annoying ads inserted in by chinese govt tech compaies, mostly shilling oppo mobiles (ps - spyware included in every oppo phone - fact)
its the only way a disater zoomer festival would be profitable. you know zoomers dont like festivals in general.
its a fact lots of festivals are shutting because of a reduction of zoomer attendance/support
even when newer acts are included on the lineup they dont turn up.
if its not on snapchat/insta - it didnt happen

>festivals shutting down
Does that include electronic festivals? Seems like there are more of those every year, unless this reduction is a very new trend.

yes - its all over the web. read up!
the younger the demographic the less are currently attending festivals - proportionally to genx/boomers

that explains why the biggest festival in my country suddenly stopped bringing the "freshest" bands and started throwing late 90s-early 00s bands as headliners

That's interesting. I would guess it's different for the smaller independent festival scene. The kind of neo-hippie festivals with yoga tents and New Ager lectures and stuff like that. At least where I am (US West Coast) there are tons of new small festivals like that every year. I think that scene has a more dedicated slightly older (mid 20's to 30's and up) audience.

correct - no money in zoomers.
they would rather support their fav act on youtube and play fortnite/watch gamer commentry.
just is

Ok so this thread is full of a bunch of fucking zoomers who like to hate on the based Dead, greaaaaat. Way to be contrarian guys, really great work.

>muh chord progressions
>muh uninspired lyrics
>muh drugs

nice man I bet you think youre really fucking cool. what kills me is that yall obviously didn't go to college in the nineties and didn't get black out while listening to the dead. For most people the dead isn't just the music its about the memories attached to it and about getting fucked up with your friends when you were younger, but I would venture to say that most of yall dont have friends or if you do youre too busy fucking them in the ass. Typical ADHD ridden zoomers cant appreciate shit anymore. Bitch9ine is more your speed I think

>& many many more
the list goes on

>cant appreciate shit anymore
Like blacking out with your retarded friends listening to bullshit music that's not even "about the music"? I'll fucking pass. LOL. Do you realize how retarded your post comes off?

>geeze man it's like not about the music mann it's like about getting fucked up and stuff mannnnnn
Yeah, that's exactly what everyone you're getting mad at is saying. Are you brain damaged?

thanks yoda

Jesus Fucking Christ. Re-read your post to see just how retarded you are.

OH NONONONONONONONONONONO

>Strugill
Isn't it Sturgill??

LOL, yes it is Sturgill. That's a hilarious level of incompetence. Chances rising that this will be as much of a disaster as Woodstock 99 (AKA THE MUD PIT)

>no Limp Bizkit
Pass

Attached: paddlin.jpg (300x250, 10K)

>woodstock 99
WOOOOOOO WOODSTOCK LETS DO IT AGAIN WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This should be entertaining to watch at least

youtube.com/watch?v=W0Uhr5r6sUM

Thanks for the detailed response. Watched the video you linked and read through the wiki page on MKUltra, pretty incredible stuff. And nobody served any time for it

Woodstock 99 was better than this

>creating a new generation of spineless Democrat voters
Lost me there, Republicunts are even more spineless, even Ann Coulter is a Dead fan. Nice conspiracy though, but it doesn't even mention Owsley Stanley.

am i being trolled, you guys seriously dont like grateful dead. what the hell

He's wrong about "democrat voters", they don't give a shit which way you vote as long as you keep supporting the system. He's right that it was all a project though. Some of the goals are obvious - making a joke of the anti-war movement, which was headed up by highly educated, well dressed, serious young political types before the hippie movement was engineered - some of the goals can only be guessed at, and some we haven't even guessed at I'm sure.

Harry Belafonte and Elvis's heyday was like 14 years before Woodstock, not 50.

Makes me think it might be a fake

ok reddit

I'm at least happy to see Santana there.

i literally only know that song they did marble mouth matchbox 20 guy

your right
its not about the music which was flaccid crap anyway

house music and techno is literally a CIA psyop, that's why it started in detroit and chicago ghettos (aka any poor black areas where the government has tested chemicals -this is known fact btw they did radiation exposure in the projects of saint louis)

holy crap
what do people see in this band?

No it's not "literally' the grateful dead.

It's some former members of it with John Mayer singing songs by the dead Jerry Garcia.

Do you have any information on that? Would be interested to read more. I've read a lot about the CIA involvement in the Laurel Canyon scene and I always assumed/suspected that the current mainstream EDM culture was also a project, but I never looked into the roots of techno/house in this regard. Listen to a lot of techno though.

Ween
Primus
Mac DeMarco
King Gizzard and the Lizzard Wizard
Limp Bizkit
Dinosaur Jr.

These active (via touring and/or recording) bands should non-ironically be there.

youtube.com/watch?v=I_SOAdAxFfo

*crack*

Yup. Not as good as my day

Attached: Untitled.png (748x904, 1.48M)

>Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Rage Against the Machine, The Offspring, Kid Rock, Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Based

>canned heat
ok i might go

>literally went down in flames and rape

I miss the late 90s/00s when hip-hop was only sprinkled into white culture/festivals instead of becoming the backbone of it

Who's the modern day Sly and the Family Stone? Any Woodstock needs some anthemic, balls-to-the-wall Funk.

Donald Glover

This is the same festival that once had Metallica, Korn, Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, RATM, and Insane Clown Posse?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA PUSSY FAGGOT SHIT NOW

You people are fucked these days, I hate your FAGGOT GENERATION

Attached: ICP_1999.jpg (414x290, 23K)

money make-a da world go round

>Black Keys
>Raconteurs
>Cage the Elephant
Could they not afford rock acts from later than 2010 trying to salvage their careers? I hope the new Raconteurs album is as shitty as Boarding House Reach. Maybe Jack will fuck off for a few years, and come back not being a fucking tool.

George Clinton's still touring and he dropped a new Parliament-Funkadelic album I think last year.
He's only really done one p-funk album and I doubt he's going back to that anytime soon.

Elvis' 68 Comeback Special was pure fucking kino and his peak.

Modern rock acts wouldn't sell tickets. Zoomers and younger millennials don't listen to rock and don't like spending money on anything, unless it's a new phone.

This festival seems targeted at the 28-40 demo.

Before that it was pussy shit as well. I mean how hardcore can a hippy music festival get?

>I mean how hardcore can a hippy music festival get?
Sly Stone brought it. The Who descended into a feedback filled, noise rock free-for-all. Jefferson Airplane and Santana were stellar.

The Dead too

are terrible and not "hardcore" in the slightest. Piddly hippy dippy singalong shit without a hint of distortion or edge or deviation from conventional pop rock/folk

Would the Black Keys really sell tickets?

I saw them at the height of their fame nearly 7 or 8 years ago, playing an arena with more than a few empty seats (even with the back part of the arena being curtained off).

this is making me realize that woodstock 99's lineup was actually unironically pretty based

>Would the Black Keys really sell tickets?
Not sure. I'm just trying to get into the head of the promoters.

Based zoomers listening to patrician music like Tame Impala instead of garbage like Grateful Dead.

elvis was the fucking man and would have killed woodstock in 69

dont talk about things you know nothing about

shit lineup OP

now THIS was a kino lineup

Attached: lo.jpg (500x703, 77K)

how and why are canned heat still together
what is their music even like in 2019

Honestly outside of a few buttrock anomalies that sort of overshadowed the rest (Kid Rock, ICP, Limp Bizkit, Creed, Godsmack), this a pretty solid lineup that pays tribute to the original era, the influences it had on later music, and the modern day alt rock zeitgeist of the 90s

trap music

>mainstream artists play mainstream curated festival
color me shocked

Who was mainstream on the original woodstock lineup again?

GRETA VAN FLEET

Looking back at it now, practically fucking everyone.
Also Woodstock is not the same now as it was then, not by any fucking stretch.

>Looking back at it now, practically fucking everyone.
Maybe in hindsight, but many weren't at the time they played Woodstock ya dummy

100% this. It's quite a fucked lineup...

Also this.

SAD!

You're telling me Jimi Hendrix, The Who, CSNY, Grateful Dead, Santana, and The Band weren't huge stars then?

Yes they were

limp bizkit are great kys

The headliners, sure. Not the rest though.

Hendrix and the Who, were definitely stars. But the rest, not even close. CSNY had only just formed and put out their first single that would reach the Top 40 the same week as Woodstock. Grateful Dead were still mostly a SoCal phenomenon and a year from their breakout albums that would bring them FM radio hits and acclaimed albums (and nearly 20 years away from actually scoring a Top 10 single on Billboard). Santana hadn't released anything yet (and it would be a Woodstock recording of "Soul Sacrifice" that would first get anyone's attention). The Band definitely not. "The Weight" had come out the year before and was a total flop as a single. It would take them winning over Dylan fans and years of slow burning radio play for that song to become a classic. And their other hits were still on the horizon at that point.

Also, (and what gives fuel to the idea that "music was better in my day") 60s mainstream and alternative music were much closer in musical styles, integrity, philosophy, whatever you want to call it, compared to now (and to even the 70s, when the separation between mainstream radio friendly rock and "underground" rock considerably widened. Foreigner was aesthetically much different than Television, but the Who and MC5, not so much, even though one was a megastar while the other was a protopunk act only popular in Detroit, at the time).

Very true. At the least though, in certain circles, LA, NYC, the UK, the gulf wasn't as wide during the disco/punk days of the late 70s/early 80s. You could easily hear The Stones and Talking Heads and Arthur Russell and Donna Summer back to back. And MTV breaking new wave/synthpop acts in America a few years later helped too.

Grateful Dead are the worst band to ever step foot on this earth

Casey Jones
Fire on the Mountain
China Cat Sunflower
That's it For the Other One
Cumberland Blues
Box of Rain

it's like you faggots didn't take any acid in college...

>how can we make a worse festival than Woodstock 99?

whats the full lineup?

*sips*

>in the grateful dead
>dies
what was Jerrys endgame?

>no influence
do you know how many jam bands there are currently touring? literally hundreds.
they all suck, but don't pretend like they weren't the progenitors of the jam band festival touring scene.

"Don't know how I'm gonna tel yoooooooooooo ...lol"

Attached: bobby.jpg (321x395, 32K)

wow you sound like you totally gave it a fair shake and didn't go into it already convinced you were going to hate it...

>no fun allowed

if they had just sold cheap water & nobody rioted, that would have been one of the best all time festivals to this day

Hendrix wasnt huge at the time either. His stage slot was 6am FFS

great pasta, Yea Forums needs this kind of posts
also if you wrote this unironically consider kys

A mix of boomer shit, zoomer shit, and zoomers who think they were born in the wrong generation shit.

>calls rap uninspired and bad musically
>the greatful dead is shit
>says that the grateful dead isn't all about the music

How long have you known you're retarded?

You got any of this cia psyop house and techno? That sounds like it would be cool

all of it

all true

>John Fogerty viewing this lineup

Attached: TwkD81I.jpg (750x489, 43K)

>Imagine if they invited harry belafonte and elvis to the original woodstock
there were literal 50s doo wop revivalist acts on the original woodstock lineup though

damn the cia makes sick music. Really enjoying this psyop

>Robert Plant lowering himself by mixing in with most of those other artists
And what's with Dead & Company way up top? I don't think I've ever even heard of them.

>Three good acts
Hey that’s just as good at P4K

>canned heat

Fuck me

I saw santana at a festival last year, wasn't good.

can we hold a new altomont festival so a zoomer can be stabbed by a hells angel while FUN. is playing in the background

"some say, that was the beginning of the end of the sjw era"

Sly and the Family Stone, CCR, Canned Heat, Jefferson Airplane, The Who, Jeff Beck, Blood Sweat & Tears, Joe Cocker, Iron Butterfly, and fucking Jimmy Hendrix were all huge names at the time. There was a fair share of mid-level and obscure or yet-to-be-famous acts on the bill but all the big artists that everyone remembers from the show were already established mainstream names.

50s nostalgia was actually big at the time, and elvis is good.

>HURRR OLD PEOPLE BAD BECAUSE REASONS

youtube.com/watch?v=HXLsMszmQpA

Plus Zappa was doing his le whacky doo-wop pastiches

Attached: 81HU+YGlsUL._SL1400_.jpg (1400x1395, 308K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6S_A0T1NHpo&list=UL8k7YBGg7rjo&index=158

Attached: psych fest.png (633x614, 881K)

Its whatever the Grateful Dead is called now

>no carti
dropped