It's another "your favorite band gets accused of sexual assault and goes on hiatus" episode

>it's another "your favorite band gets accused of sexual assault and goes on hiatus" episode

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

>it's another "shit band no one cares about" episode

>Listening to bands/artists who are currently active and relevant enough to be accused of sexual assault
Bahaha

I think Bright Eyes and Michael Gira were the only people who actually fought the charges. (R. Kelly still claims his innocence, but his grave's been dug.) Strange how most of the guys caught up in metoo just flounder and cuck out.

Hate that.

Attached: Alex.jpg (1200x795, 221K)

A whole band got accused? Jesus Christ

>it's another "telecaster with a capo Midwest emo band tried to sleep with the wrong girl on the wrong night and now they're ' ' 'cancelled' ' ' men are pigs" epi
Maybe don't get into their bed if you don't want to sleep with them
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When will women be help accountable for their actions?

Attached: 61-og.jpg (300x450, 22K)

Nah just Dylan the front man

they all accused each other. it's a very complicated situation.

Nobody likes your shit music alex, give it a rest

Literally whi

>not being active enough in your local scene to know this band
t. teenagers

Dylan handled the allegation pretty well, he's not going to get "cancelled" over this.

In my city, every year a week before International Women's Day some poor bastard from a buzz band gets accused of sexual assault

>Being active in a "scene" as an adult

Check out the comments under his post. Some people are trying their damned hardest to cancel him

I go on a few music websites, one being an ultra leftist cancel culture addicted group of people who foam at the mouths to cancel shit, and they all agree that he's handling it well -- if those people can tolerate it, I am sure he'll be fine in general. They're waiting to hear more from the victim though, and seeing how Dylan responds to her further to see if he'll do what she wants him to do so she feels validated.

Some of this shit is truly intense, I don't ever talk on it because I don't ultimately care but it is always quite a spectacle

>t. >Being in a band as an adult
Wow Annie you sure showed me
How's the record coming?

It's honestly really sad
He handled it about as well as anyone can ask and yet people are still looking to have him stoned in the streets
I don't really care for the band, but it's always bands out of this specific subgenre that get pegged with this sort of thing
Really makes you wonder

I don't get the idea of "cancelling." people are free to whine on twitter and not to buy certain stuff, and artists are free to make and perform whatever music they want. what am I missing?

The argument is that people who have used their music platform to abuse/pressure girls into sex/sexual things, should no longer have access to that same platform, and people will boycott their shows/stop buying their music/basically protest them every chance they can until it's impossible for the person to keep performing

considering that someone would put false accusations towards connor oberst of all people means that really no one is safe from them

It's not good enough for them to just whine on Twitter. They need to see artists completely stop making music for them to be satisfied. Cancel culture is wild as fuck and they would much rather ruin someone's livelihoods than grant forgiveness

>When will women be help accountable for their actions?
as long as thirsty white knight cucks "believe"
women and want to "protect" them in the hope of getting some, never

The bands run the risk of alienating their entire fanbase thanks to a very vocal minority and, in turn, losing record deals/shows/fans etc

>Oh no this thing popular musicians have been doing since popular music gained popularity is bad and therefore said popular musician doing just that should have their ability to do what they love should be taken from them
It gets pretty ridiculous after awhile
9/10 musicians start to get laid

Maybe these kids don't like music/musicians but rather the idea of it/them

Yeah it can get pretty crazy, but so is actually assaulting people. You don't get a pass just because you're a musician.

Not saying all of these cases are the same, or justifiable, just when they are.

Yeah actually assaulting people is fucked up. But what do you do when you thought you had consensual sex with someone, they claim otherwise years later, and everyone wants your head on a pike for it?
That's the problem with this culture, there's no room for forgiveness

Oh, of course not. I'm not excusing the act of assault, but it does come down to personal responsibility as I said here .
I've seen nearly every range of these cases and the outcome is almost never good.
Because of the fact that we're supposed to take the victim's word as sacred, it creates a reverse justice system which is inherently destructive.
Guilt until innocence is just a witch hunt.

sounds awfully familiar

Attached: img-alex-calder-homepage_181143168793.jpg (667x497, 149K)

If you're innocent you'll fight the charges

Costing millions of dollars, your reputation, your band's inability to make money as well, as you are blackballed, the pressure on your personal and professional life, and the smearing of your reputation by leftists who don't care about the 'truth', only the accusation.
Nah, even if you are guilty, it's often easier to say mea culpa, and take your bumps.

If you genuinely think that someone sexually assaulted you, then go to the law, make an allegation, and let due process take its course. The accused should be completely anonymous unless they are found guilty.
Leak their name, and they are found not guilty, you should be named, sued, bankrupted and utterly ruined forever, as should happen to the person you accuse if they are guilty.
Trial by twitter needs to fucking die.

>then go to the law
It'd be nice if it was that simple. Lots of times there's a pressure not to report anything, plus the appeals process puts the person filing the report at a severe disadvantage where it's more than likely they'll be dismissed due to it being difficult to investigate and collect sufficient evidence for. The system isn't very functional or helpful, why do you think people choose this wratched social media route instead? There wouldn't be such widespread outcry and discontent if the legal channels actually worked like they were supposed to.

Then, I'm afraid, boo hoo.
It's not perfect, but if instead of at least trying to go down the actual legal route, or to even personally sue the individual, you simply slander them publicly on twitter, etc. then you should already have lost.
Tough shit, you got used and dumped, get over it.
As I said, trial by twitter needs to die.
If you have no proof, then get over it.